PDA

View Full Version : All work and no play...

flat broke
05-30-2006, 02:38 PM
could make for pretty parts.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/280powdercoatsample1lowres.jpg
While the rest of the world was out at the river, Hacker and myself kept the families at home. I took advantage of the time and weather to do a little tinkering with some powdercoating samples for the new project. Took "a little of this and a little of that" but I think I got the color I'm going to use for all of the billet work. The dark vent on top was the base color without any mixing. It's a cool color to be sure, but the flake is a little off the chain, and the color didn't match the gel very well. the vent in the foreground is the homemade mix. The stuff that's out there in terms of powders just keeps getting better every day.
If anyone wants some vents that look just like that but without the powder, say the word. We've got 4-6 of them laying around and I'm just about done shooting test batches. So they'll get stripped and I'll have no use for em, as I'm doing something different for the vents.
Chris

BrendellaJet
05-30-2006, 03:48 PM
what, no bling?

flat broke
05-30-2006, 03:56 PM
what, no bling?
I don't know what constitues bling anymore. There will be some billet vents on there, just not that style. They'll be that color, but something that flows a little better with the boats lines. Home made of course ;)
So whats the news on your dealio? Dyno date?
Talk to you later,
Chris