PDA

View Full Version : Rayson Craft 26ft tunnel ???

Boatmaster
10-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Anybody have any info on a 26ft 2001 Rayson Craft Tunnel? Who's splash is it? I know they made flats way back in the day, but I never heard of a new 26ft cat. Good friend of mine is looking to buy a theft recovery in the LA area. Maybe someone even knows the boat I am talking about? Yellow boat with red flames on the front. Any info would be great.

Sandbar Mike
10-23-2002, 06:11 AM
I know the bottom in the same as American Offshore (fast), Top of course is different, These guys are building these boats(26 cats) and selling them for pritty dam good prices, I just don't know about craftmanship? Let me know how it works out for him.
Mike

HavasuDreamin'
10-23-2002, 06:16 AM
Oh yeah, that boat was last spring I want to say (although not quite sure). I remember seeing a post on the boards here and obviously, the owner was pretty distraught! Good Luck!

Boatmaster
10-23-2002, 06:20 AM
Thanks SM I thought it was going to be that hull AKA Talon streched a foot Howard/AO. Anyone know the story behind this boat? Boat is gutted and has no trailer. Again bright yellow with red flames up front. It's in a tow yard somewhere in the L.A. area.

roln 20s
10-23-2002, 11:25 AM
Was this boat stolen? I remember a 26 Rayson Craft being stolen from havasu prior to summer this year. Someone on the boards owns one- maybe he'll pop up! The boat had blue stikes outlined in black- if I remember right!
Roln 20s

Boatmaster
10-23-2002, 12:42 PM
I think it was stolen this spring. I do not know the details. My buddy works for the insurance co that payed this claim and has a chance to buy it. Boat is in SoCal and I am in NorCal, he would have to buy it sight unseen so any info on it would be great.

faster
10-23-2002, 12:58 PM
roln 20s:
Was this boat stolen? I remember a 26 Rayson Craft being stolen from havasu prior to summer this year. Someone on the boards owns one- maybe he'll pop up! The boat had blue stikes outlined in black- if I remember right!
Roln 20sIs this the one your talking about?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/tn_Channel_Boat_Pic_1.JPG

faster
10-23-2002, 01:01 PM
Is this any better
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Channel_Boat_Pic_1.JPG

roln 20s
10-23-2002, 08:06 PM
Thats the one I was talking about! Faster- you are on top of this shit! Thanks!
I think there was a thread started for a stolen rayson craft cat here..so whatever link they use for all of the boats that are stolen- that is where i saw the pic- it also listed info on the boat. Faster- can you help with this one? If not, someone will bail us out!
Roln 20s

roln 20s
10-24-2002, 08:43 PM
www.Boatman.com (http://www.Boatman.com)
That is the site that I saw that rayson craft on! I will search in a little and see if I can find it again and get the exact link.
Roln 20s

playdeep
10-24-2002, 09:23 PM
There is a 26ft. Rayson cat sitting @ Jeff Clarks shop (Performance Marine) in Havasu.Blank hull Jeff has been in the process of trying to rig it for himself for over 2 years.If he really did buy the molds from Cole boats I dont think he is gonna have time to ever finish it...might be worth looking into.

Boatmaster
10-25-2002, 05:45 AM
Thanks for all the info, again this boat is yellow with red flames on the front. I think the flames may have been wet sanded off, but I'm not sure. The boat is in an inpound yard in the LA area. Sorry I'm not to sure on my info ' but I'm getting it through my buddy who may be buying it.

damchi
10-29-2002, 08:41 AM
http://www.boatman.com/najm_stolen.PDF
I think this is the boat you are talking about. yellow with red flames, stolen From Windsor storage in Lake Havasu. It was stolen Feb 2002 and recovered June 2002

bohica
10-29-2002, 10:12 AM
The yellow w flames Rayson Craft that was stolen from Windsor storage was my buddies boat. Email me at dtakeuchi@rbz.com and I will give you his email address if you would like to talk to him about the boat.

flat broke
06-25-2003, 03:32 PM
I actually stumbled on this doing some research on Raysoncraft, but figured I'd offer up some more of the story on the stollen Rayson Cat. The boat was found at Foreign Auto Body in Gardena, promptly reported to Boat PI, but no reward was ever issued. If Boat PI ever received any fees from the ins co, you would think that he would have made good on his reward, but c'est la vie. Either way it blows for the owner that it happened in the first place. Last I knew the boat was still available for like 6k or something to that effect. Perhaps Cole should try and track it down and use it instead of the boat he was trying to build.
Chris

RACER52
06-25-2003, 03:59 PM
ACTUALLY THE BOAT IS ALMOST DONE BEING COMPLETELY RESTORED. AND THE REWARD WAS PAID BUT THE NAME WILL STAY WITHHELD. I'M TOLD SINCE THERE IS ALL KIND OF SHIESTY SHIT THAT GOES ON DOWN THERE IN SO CAL. IN REGARDS TO STOLEN BOATS AND SOME THEFT RINGS OF SORT. KEEP YOUR BOATS LOCKED,HIDDEN, AND YOUR 9mm HANDY. I DEAL WITH STOLEN BOATS ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS UP HERE AND THERE'S NOTHING WORSE THAN GOING TO GET YOUR BOAT FOR THE WEEKEND TRIP AND ITS GONE!!!!
HOPEFULLY BY THE END OF THE SUMER I'LL HAVE PICS TO POST.
AND IT WAS 5K FOR THE BOAT(FYI)

Cole
06-26-2003, 06:38 AM
ok.. there is some wierd shit going on!!!
i saw that boat being built last summer!!!they were painting it while i was waiting for my boat.I remember talking to someone about what a crappy paint job...this is why i brought the gel coater from htm to do my boat...i basically was just using their molds !!
boat PI might want to look a little closer at that case.....cuz it just dont smell right!!

RACER52
06-26-2003, 09:18 AM
MUST BE A DIFFERENT BOAT, CAUSE WHEN WE WENT DOWN TO GET THE HULL IT WAS ON THE GRAVEL FLOOR UNTOUCHED AND UNPAINTED. IT WAS MUCH WORSE OFF THAN WAS DESCRIBED TO ME BY THE AUTHORITIES BUT THAT IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU WANT A FAST BOAT FOR CHEAP.
ITS BEEN A HUGE PROJECT BUT HOPE TO SEE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL SOON??? THE ONLY THING THAT WASNT STOLEN OFF THE BOAT WAS THE BOW EYE

RACER52
06-26-2003, 09:22 AM
ALSO I BELIEVE THAT A FEW OF JOHN'S BOATS HAVE BEEN STOLEN AND RESOLD OR REPAINTED. SO WHEN YOU GET YOUR BE AWARE AND SAFE.
SHIT HAPPENS SO FAST, THIS MORNING I WENT OUT TO THE TRUCK AND FOUND ALL MY EQUIPMENT WAS STOLEN,
generator,aluminum jack,ez-up tent, etc,etc, hadnt unloaded from the sears point weekend.

mbrown2
06-26-2003, 09:27 AM
I always thought Rayson craft built a great boat...too bad to hear all the bad news.

RACER52
06-26-2003, 09:31 AM
i am very happy with the boat now with just a few mods that most any of us would have made given the time. it is very unfortunate that the small custom boat man. cant make boat buying pleasant.
i am wondering if anyone knows how light these boats really are. the hull appears to be solid but very light in areas where support isnt needed.

hack job
06-26-2003, 01:49 PM
RACER52:
. AND THE REWARD WAS PAID BUT THE NAME WILL STAY WITHHELD. I'M TOLD SINCE THERE IS ALL KIND OF SHIESTY SHIT THAT GOES ON DOWN THERE IN SO CAL. (FYI) well that is complete bulls shit that boat pi guy never paid shit to the ones who sent him the info as to were the boat was . that person was my brother flat broke
so maybe boat pi is telling you that he paid the person but that was complete bs.
iam sick of thta gy going around sking for help and promising rewards that never come and after you give him inof he never talks to you again very strange.
i hope he pops his head in here again and i get a chance to let loose on his ass. :mad: burningm :mad: burningm

RACER52
06-26-2003, 04:13 PM
thats news to me, that kinda stuff isnt cool. maybe there was more than 1 info supplier???? cause i was under the impression that payment was made but only partial cause the info wasnt all correct. but what do i know, i'm just the poor sucker who bought the project boat.
maybe if flatbroke and i ever meet on the water i can throw some beers his way for allowing me the opportunity to get the hull.

hack job
06-26-2003, 09:42 PM
racer iam not mad at you.
i know for a fact that the boat was at forgin auto body. and we saw it there several time and wondered why som one would paint a almost new boat.( then it hit us)
at any rate boat pi needs to step up and fess up. :confused:

BoatPI
06-27-2003, 06:25 AM
That is the boat reportedly stolen from LHC. I assisted in the id. It is a bare hull, sanded to eliminate the flames a prevent the identification. FYI, I work hourly and do not reap any benifits of a reward. As a rule, insurance companies pay rewards for the recovery of a boat when there is a salvage value. In this case, they were completly upside down. The tow and storage fees were more that the value of the hull. It was offered fore sale at Boatman.Com in the salvage sale section. No one bid! From that point on I was out of it.
As to the stolen boat issue (ie: insurance rates). The past two years were known as "down years" ofr boat insurance companies. Many decisions were made. My take is that they looked at the spikes in claims. Cats for one. Add in dishonest manufactuers (not pointing fingers, just a fact), dishonest shops (I assisted in one being arrested and prosecured. He is now a convicted felon), and owner "give ups". Factor in the rising cost of business operations and a true lack in incoming information from individuals that know what truly is occurring when a boat is "stolen". Now this is a negative environment.
My suggestion includes calling our office when you think you may have information about one of the boats lised at Boatman.Com. We are not required to provide your name to the cops. State law. All recoveries lessen the loss factor, thus help keep insurance rates reduced. We conduct claims investigations and survey work for 15 companies. We are straight forward as insurance companies require very ethical conduct.
Just my 2 cents.

RACER52
06-27-2003, 08:27 AM
flat broke check your pm