PDA

View Full Version : SCOPE 2006 Poker Run: CANCELLED

SCOPE
05-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Hello fellow SCOPE members, sponsors and friends,
It is with deep regret that we must inform all active participants in our Annual Poker Run that we have been forced to cancel this yearÂ’s event. After 13 consecutive years of hosting one of the top Poker Runs in the World, logistical reasons have forced us to pass on this yearÂ’s event.
There are a number of reasons which forced SCOPE to make this difficult decision. Insufficient dock spaces for our guests, a lack of quality launching facilities, a lack of water depth at certain launch ramps and channels, shortage of parking for rigs and trailers and general renovation of specific dock facilities in the Long Beach area are among a few of the reasons.
Over the past several years, we have set our standards extremely high and going backwards in hosting this event was not an acceptable solution to our Board of Directors and our member/guests. Could we have someway put on a Poker Run this year? MaybeÂ…but it would have been a run in which our guests would be fending for slips, parking and other critical things associated with our Run. A minor inconvenience would be one thing but hosting an event in which the obstacles outweigh the pure pleasure would not suffice within SCOPE.
Is SCOPE going out of business or abandoning the ship? Not a chance! Tthere are an abundance of quality events on our schedule! There was a great raft up at Newport Harbor this past weekend, a great San Diego run and a run to Lake Mead, a road trip to the Big Cat run at the DeltaÂ…just to name a fewÂ…donÂ’t forget about our year end Christmas partyÂ…it is always a festive event.
Everyone needs to double check the SCOPE website for all of the events. To date, we have had great participation at all of the events so letÂ’s not allow an absent Poker Run ruin our fun. We are already in the stages of investigating different options for our 2007 Poker RunÂ…you might see it referred as a Blackjack Run!!! What is a Blackjack Run??? Guess you will have to show up and find out what it is all about. The one thing it will be is exciting and fun for the entire family.
In ending, we apologize for disappointing everyone in regards to the Poker Run but we promise to continue with our mission with fun filled events and another major Black Jack/Poker Run in 07. We also want to continue to thank and support our great sponsors that have made our Club unique and fun. Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and loyalty to our great club. Keep the faith!
Ron Songrath
Founder
http://www.scopeinfo.com/_borders/SCOPE-Banner-2006-1.jpg

unleashed
05-30-2006, 06:39 PM
What a bummer. I've been to this run the past 4 years and it is top-notch. I do understand the logistical nightmare though...especially with dockspace. See you at the big cat run!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Chris Ayres
05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Very sorry to hear the bad news. I know how difficult the decision must have been, having had to cancel events myself. SCOPE always did an awesome job and I look forward to attending more great poker runs in the future. To help drown their sorrows all SCOPE members are invited to join us at the Ritz Carlton in Las Vegas August 18-20 for our HITTIN ON THE RITZ event.
CHRIS AYRES
POKER RUNS WEST

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh Man.....
That sucks.....
Look forward to the run every year......
Ron....Good luck with the 2007 event.....
CJG
:cry:

jdnichols
05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
That's a bummer Ron, I had hoped to make it again this year!
Thanks to all the SCOPE Guys who came out to the Desert Storm Run!
Maybe see you guys at Mead for the OSS race!
Jim

LHC30Victory
05-30-2006, 09:29 PM
What an unfortunate culmination of problems!
I guess I will have to take Austin to Vegas for his 21st b/day instead.
Thanks for the notice - SCOPE has always been a class act.

H20 Toie
05-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Darn i missed last year being in New Orleans for that little Hurricane and now this, oh well maybe next year

Magic34
05-30-2006, 11:15 PM
JAY PHOTOGLOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does this mean we are runnin' LOTO with the Jack Head and Darth Helmet?

PHOTOGLOU
06-06-2006, 08:59 AM
JAY PHOTOGLOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does this mean we are runnin' LOTO with the Jack Head and Darth Helmet?
??????????????? Call me 714 552 0300