PDA

View Full Version : Rear lifting rack for Rv to haul golf cart etc?

GunninGopher
05-30-2006, 06:04 PM
I saw a guy cruisin' down the freeway with his golf cart up in the back of his motorhome. I've been kicking around some ideas on how to get one out to the river when I have the boat and moho, and had settled on putting a rack on the boat trailer until I saw this.
Basically, I'd drive the cart on the pad at ground level, in back of and perpindicular to the RV. I'd then strap it down and lift it up about 3' - 4' and back up to the boat trailer, which would ride under the rack.
Has anyone else seen those and have any information on them? Ideally, it would hold at least 1/2 a ton because I'm thinking Rhino.

JetBoatRich
05-30-2006, 08:32 PM
I like this type :cool:
Carrier (http://www.carryallracks.com/custom-fabrication/carry-all-rack-golf-cart.htm)

Magic34
05-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I saw a RV today with a hydraulic lift on the back. Simply drive the wheels on the track, and then it lifts the cart off the graond about 3' up behind the RV. It was sick!!! I have never seen one like that before.

Flying Tiger
05-31-2006, 04:14 AM
I run this kinda set up.
Most simply plug into your towing hitch socket, some are dedicated welded to your rig in some way.
Make sure ya tell the hitch place what kinda weights you plan on haulin if you go that route.
On a towable, the 2000 lb weight back their can really set sway into action.
Best used for a MoHo at weights above 700 lb IMHO.

OGShocker
05-31-2006, 06:36 AM
Cool!! I can make our rig longer! :rolleyes:
That system is very cool. I like it because it rests so high behind the coach.

ryantparks
05-31-2006, 07:06 AM
my buddy had one on his 30' motorhome and spent alot of money on it but wound up taking it off because it was too much weight hanging on the back end. He said it was difficult to drive with it and needed airbags on the motorhome. It was a hydraulic unit with a big plateform that he had welded (aluminum) and he would just drive it on then tie it down.
If you do it just make sure the intall co. backs it so if you dont like it they will take it back.

GunninGopher
05-31-2006, 08:23 PM
my buddy had one on his 30' motorhome and spent alot of money on it but wound up taking it off because it was too much weight hanging on the back end. He said it was difficult to drive with it and needed airbags on the motorhome. It was a hydraulic unit with a big plateform that he had welded (aluminum) and he would just drive it on then tie it down.
If you do it just make sure the intall co. backs it so if you dont like it they will take it back.
That sounds exactly like what I had in mind. I've got a 29' gas Moho. It has airbags in front, but I don't think in the rear. If I roll with no water I'd save about 600 pounds behind the axle. I'm reluctant to put a lot of money into the trailer of a boat I may not even have in a couple of years.
I'm going to have this Moho for at least the next 7, so I'm more inclined to want to attach the cart to it. Well, I'm a ways off for either, so I'll keep thinking it over. If I'm sure to keep the boat, I'll just add a rack to the trailer, that would be safer if the handling on the Moho is affected much. They can be a real bitch in the wind and I'd not want to make it any worse.
If we end up putting the rig all summer on the riv I probably won't do anything.