PDA

View Full Version : Best Ski/Wakeboard boat?

1BADBAHNER
05-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Well, looks like it's time to sell the Bahner (mini day cruiser) I am wondering what is the best boat for this combination #1 Skiing #2 Wake boarding and all around performance. I have been used to speed with the boat we have now and know that I will probably loose about 10-15 mph with a ski boat. I am leaning towards the Ski Nautique, and want to stay under 20' but the Calabria caught my eye at the local ski store.
Opinions Please, Thanks
-Tony

Flying Tiger
05-30-2006, 07:13 PM
We bought a Tige 22iR three years ago.
Our impression of most the Wakeboard boat builders are they just re-packaged ski boats with decades old designs and pass them off as new design wakeboard boats.
Existing hulls from pre-wakeboard days production for years that simply just went through a graphics and name change.
Most will only do about 38 to 48 mph, and most give a very rough ride because they are mostly flat bottom for skiing.
The bigger V's looked too much like Bayliners and turned us off.
We bought the Tige' because it was a new-dedicated-for wakeboarding-hull.
Can't say it was any better than the rest, but the ride was nice, and it was wider, and it really held it's value, and turned nicely.
The wake sucked, as does with most wakeboard boats to be honest with you.
Ya dont want a foamy small wake,, and to be real,, most wakeboard boats give you just that.
The galvanized plow that bolts to the back throws a good wake that some are now using, but a few of our friends have bottomed them out and it annihilated their boats, and the put the skier at risk.
I didn't like the attitude from the Tige employees,, but I understand that's kinda the arrogant norm for the Ski / wakeboarding community of builders.
Ya meet some really wooden people.
Most the builders we felt, we lying to us about the history of the design of the boat they were featuring as a wakeboard boat, except Tige'.
They all lie about the competition as well.
Not sure if I'd buy another one,, dedicated wakeboard boats are very limited in what you can do.
That prop hangs down and draft and depth is always on your mind.
Go for price and resale and if you feel comfortable in it, but most of all, can you stand the ride, and does it in fact put up a big clean (no foam) wake?
And dealer service?
The foam is a BFD as skills improve.

lakewake
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
All of the tow boats have something good to offer. My last one was a Ski Centurion Barefoot Bowrider .Now I have a Tige bowrider. The newer boats have lot more seating but you can get a great deal on an older boat with low hours, leaving some coin for a tower and sound system. Are you looking for new or used? Check out used in Nevada an Az as well.

Outnumbered
05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Correct Craft and Master Craft are the best quality, IMHO. I think the Sanger is a great boat for the money and has a pretty good V in the bottom for a smoother ride. Malibu also makes a nice boat. I really like the Orion wake/custom boat too. It seems to be a great bang for the buck but I'm not sure about the build quality or re-sale. Maybe someone else can chime-in. Looks very nice though.

Riomouse911
05-31-2006, 03:04 AM
IMO 99.9 percent of it has to do with your desires. I have my preference, and I even started working part-time for a dealer based on the boat and the people at the shop. I've found that when asked, most people are sold on their particular ride, and they'll talk down the others based on the "rivalry factor." But I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone who wants a ski/wake boat:
1) How does it drive? If you like it on the water in a demo, you'll like it when you're paying for it every month. (Remember, because they can't set the trim angles and are somewhat flat-bottomed in the rear they don't handle all that great in rough water. this is hard for folks used to outdrives sometimes)
2) Does it fit your needs? A closed bow 19'6" Ski Nautique is perfect for slalom runs for 2-3 people, but won't fit you both, 3 kids, their friends, Rover and the water toys very well. A 13 seater Tige' 22V will.
3) What do you want to spend? Remember, you'll never get a 7-series BMW if you refuse to pay anything over Hyundai Sonata prices :rollside: . Top end ski-wake boats are getting pricy, and a few (Nautique, Tige', Master Craft for example) hold value much better than less expensive/desireable boats... but they run into the 70k range for the bigger ones.
ANY decent dealer will allow you to demo a boat, and a truly good dealer will tell you to demo everyone else's boats after you demo their product. Try as many as you can, and buy the one that matches up best for your situation. I've driven or ridden behind all the big makes and most of their ski/wake models since I started boating, and some definately handle/ride/run better than others. give them a try, and go with what you like best!
Good luck! :)

1BADBAHNER
05-31-2006, 12:23 PM
I've been in several boats over the years, ski, pleasure and speed boats. I used to be into slightly more speed and performance and have had the luxury of a great ski boat. The problem with my boat is that during the outer cuts (skiing) it really drifts from side to side and doesn't stay on course which makes it harder for me to pull out because I'm kinda dropping into the water more than digging in and pulling out. I'm looking to start wakeboarding more and my boat is really bad for that, but I still do not want to loose the ability of a small wake when I want to ski. I haven't started test driving them but it looks like that is what I need to do to start feeling the difference. I usually don't go out if the water is choppy, we are almost always in still conditions when we ski (Delta in California :) ) so a smooth ride in rough water really does not concern me. I'll post up when I find one that I think is right for us.
Thanks for the help.

1BADBAHNER
05-31-2006, 12:27 PM
All of the tow boats have something good to offer. My last one was a Ski Centurion Barefoot Bowrider .Now I have a Tige bowrider. The newer boats have lot more seating but you can get a great deal on an older boat with low hours, leaving some coin for a tower and sound system. Are you looking for new or used? Check out used in Nevada an Az as well.
I'm looking for a brand new fully loaded, I figure I can get a pretty good deal on one during the winter time when things are not moving and save the trouble of having everything installed later on. But your right, what ever you can save the better off you are down the road.

NautiTwins
06-01-2006, 09:34 AM
My opinon is very very biased! I grew up on many different types of boats, From a flat bottom Kurtis, to a tri-hull to my cole jet, to what we have now a Nautique. Hands down the most fun I have had with any of these boats was the Cole. Speed and the wake was amazing for skiing. But sucked for boarding. I could only hold four people and so on and so on.
The Nautique was purchased to be able to take people out on the water with us. It is really boring to drive unless you have a skier/boarder behind you. The hole shot is pretty good and I like the fact that I can still run in the same parts of the river that I did with the jet. Direct Drive boats will handle much better then the V's, allthough the dealers claim that thier v'drive will handle like a direct drive it is not true.
The customer service that I have recieved from my Nautique dealer has been short of amazing and very friendly. The fit and finish is hands down the best in the industry. next time you are at the lake, try and look at the different boats and will see for some reason the Nautique will always stand out. A fully loaded 206 is going set you back a nice chunk of change, but you will not be dissapointed. Before our purchase we looked at just about every maker of touney boats and test drove them as well. Nothing handled better then a Nautique. Tige's bow is too low, Sangers seemed cheap to us for some reason, we could not figure out why. Centurion and Malibu were pretty close, both drove great and I liked the look of the hulls. However after all of this looking we rode in our buddies 206 and were just blown away at how well the boat was thought out. Stupid things like cup holders were just at the perfect spot. Getting in and out of the drivers seat was easy. You will notice it if you sat in a Mastercraft then a Nautique.
The next thing to look at is wake. The malibus and Nautiques have very good skiing wakes. I find Malibus wake to be a little hard, kind of like hitting a curb at 50 MPH, where as the Nautiques are like butter, but not to soft. When you slow the boat down both of these boats had really good wakes. Nautiques use ballast, Malibus use the wedge. Both are effective but for some reason I just did not like the idea of something hanging off the back of the boat.
Everyone is going to have thier own opinion and like said above, figure out what you want to spend and then start looking. Find a used boat 2-3 years old.

1BADBAHNER
06-01-2006, 03:21 PM
NautiTwins, I saw the boat at our local dealer but in black, white and grey my favorite colors for a boat. It caught my eye right when I saw it and the price tag $55K "ON SALE". I was told by the same dealer that the Calabria was a better boat for the price, I'll have to wait and test drive the two and see what's up. The Calabria is a V-Drive and was designed for the skier/boarder, it "is" a really nice looking boat and I like everything but the really big ass swim deck in the back.

lakewake
06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
NautiTwins, I saw the boat at our local dealer but in black, white and grey my favorite colors for a boat. It caught my eye right when I saw it and the price tag $55K "ON SALE". I was told by the same dealer that the Calabria was a better boat for the price, I'll have to wait and test drive the two and see what's up. The Calabria is a V-Drive and was designed for the skier/boarder, it "is" a really nice looking boat and I like everything but the really big ass swim deck in the back.
Take a look at Moomba also. Some of the newer companies start the design process from the customer perspective and overcome the problems of retooling an older design. They got bought out in the early 90's by a big company in Tenn. Lots of extras at a lower price point.
http://www.moomba.com/mobiuslsv.html

Outnumbered
06-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Take a look at Moomba also. Some of the newer companies start the design process from the customer perspective and overcome the problems of retooling an older design. They got bought out in the early 90's by a big company in Tenn. Lots of extras at a lower price point.
http://www.moomba.com/mobiuslsv.html
He asked which one is "best" ;)

lakewake
06-01-2006, 03:56 PM
He asked which one is "best" ;)
I haven't figured out how to pull portions of a quote yet. I posted in response to his interest in a better deal from Calabria. BTW How do you pull a sentence out of a quote and still show the posts originator?

Troubles No More
06-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, looks like it's time to sell the Bahner (mini day cruiser) I am wondering what is the best boat for this combination #1 Skiing #2 Wake boarding and all around performance. I have been used to speed with the boat we have now and know that I will probably loose about 10-15 mph with a ski boat. I am leaning towards the Ski Nautique, and want to stay under 20' but the Calabria caught my eye at the local ski store.
Opinions Please, Thanks
-Tony
My .02
It’s better to have great customer service from the boat dealer than a great boat from a horrible boat dealer.
The Good- Howard Boats, I had a 25 Bullet, great boat, fast, handled great in big water and it was backed up with great customer service.
The Bad- I had a Mastercraft, prostar 190, great boat for skiing, handled like a racecar, rode like a brick. The problems I had where with the dealer, it took a letter from the lawyer to open his eyes to the problems. He has lost my business and I like the X45, but not from him.
I’m looking for a 23-25 ft V-Drive ski boat and the first thing I’ve done is check the history of the dealership. Try to obtain feed back from customers or friends. Are there certified repairmen at the shop? Check for any or ask for information about the boat manufacturer. If you can, try to make a visit to the manufacturing shop.
What you are looking for is better service after the sale.
After checking with friends and visiting the shops, I have found good feedback on the two Malibu dealers here in So Cal.
· Centurion
· Correct Craft
· Malibu
· Mastercraft
· Supra
· Tige
They are all nice boats, the dealer may be the deal maker or breaker for you
Best of luck with your search.

1BADBAHNER
06-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Troubles No More:
You have made a very good point that I never thought about, and the only way you can know this would be by experience. There are ways to get the service you want and you normally have to be a prime customer to get that but does that mean that I need to rate the dealers also and how would I do that.
As this thread gets longer it brings up more questions and thoughts I haven't really been aware of, thanks to all of you I have a better understanding of what I should be looking for and asking when I go look at our new boat.
There was a statement made about a good dealer will let you test drive their boats, but a great dealer will let you go out and test other boats to compare them.
When you are talking about $55K plus, you have to take your time and know what to look for.
Thanks everyone, keep it coming...................I still need more help.

97SunsetterLX
06-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Check our these sites - http://www.wakesiderides.com
wakesiderides.com has good info on all brands.
Talk to some Malibu owners etc - see below...
http://www.malibuboatowners.com

Outnumbered
06-01-2006, 10:35 PM
I haven't figured out how to pull portions of a quote yet. I posted in response to his interest in a better deal from Calabria. BTW How do you pull a sentence out of a quote and still show the posts originator?
I was just messin' with ya. To quote part just do a normal quote and in the edit screen you can cut what you don't want. But be careful not to erase/cut the [ ]'s out of the text.

lakewake
06-02-2006, 07:24 AM
But be careful not to erase/cut the [ ]'s out of the text.
Thanks, That was my mistake,erasing one of the [].

NautiTwins
06-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Was that at California Correct Craft? If so, thier service is really good and thier sales guys are very helpful. I did not even buy my boat from them but they still answer every stupid question I have when I call in.
Calabria and Moomba we did not look at in person. I looked at the outback online and printed it out and held up the pic to the nautique and said no way. But I again state I am biased.
Good luck in your search. I have a local dealer here that has some used boats, PM me and I can give you the web site.
Thanks

1BADBAHNER
06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Check our these sites - http://www.wakesiderides.com
wakesiderides.com has good info on all brands.
Talk to some Malibu owners etc - see below...
http://www.malibuboatowners.com
Thank you for all the info. I have to get mine up for sale and sell our sea doo to really get serious, but all this needs to be thought out very careful. It gets a little crazy will all the different brands out there.
Thanks for all the help guys and gals.....

1BADBAHNER
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Did you still have that information
:cool:

1BADBAHNER
06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I think we have come up with the Boat;
MALIBU response LXi
What do you all have to say about this boat, Bad or Good. Comments are welcomed.
-Tony

NautiTwins
06-06-2006, 01:46 PM
It is a nice boat for the money. Post some pics when you get it.

Riomouse911
06-07-2006, 12:46 AM
I work at California Correct Craft part time as a driver, and their people are the main reason I work there. (The secondary reason is I was spending us outta house and home at Homd Depot every weekend) I have bought two boats from them, and always felt like family.
My 210 is white/black/grey.. funny that's the color you want, my favorite ones on a boat, too. I took a pic last year at Moabi, it's on the CCC website under Boat/Tow pics.. should be one of the first ones on the thread.. that'll give you an idea what a 210 looks like on the water in that color scheme.
Go to the Pomona Show this weekend (6-10), and hit up either Tim, Pete or Mac. They will give you all the info you want, and I bet they'll agree that when you drive a Nautique, then drive other boats.. you'll want a Nautique.
As for my earlier post, I just try to stay objective when giving wakeboat advice. I have found Sanger owners love theirs, Tige' the same..on and on. I don't want to slag another maker, they all work hard. All wakeboats have plusses and all have minuses, but I'll be honest, if I won a Tige' or Malibu or MC etc., I would immediately trade it in (with the 210) for a new Air 220... THOSE boats are outstanding! (Just outta my price range) :)

NautiTwins
06-07-2006, 07:03 AM
I work at California Correct Craft part time as a driver, and their people are the main reason I work there. (The secondary reason is I was spending us outta house and home at Homd Depot every weekend) I have bought two boats from them, and always felt like family.
My 210 is white/black/grey.. funny that's the color you want, my favorite ones on a boat, too. I took a pic last year at Moabi, it's on the CCC website under Boat/Tow pics.. should be one of the first ones on the thread.. that'll give you an idea what a 210 looks like on the water in that color scheme.
Go to the Pomona Show this weekend (6-10), and hit up either Tim, Pete or Mac. They will give you all the info you want, and I bet they'll agree that when you drive a Nautique, then drive other boats.. you'll want a Nautique.
As for my earlier post, I just try to stay objective when giving wakeboat advice. I have found Sanger owners love theirs, Tige' the same..on and on. I don't want to slag another maker, they all work hard. All wakeboats have plusses and all have minuses, but I'll be honest, if I won a Tige' or Malibu or MC etc., I would immediately trade it in (with the 210) for a new Air 220... THOSE boats are outstanding! (Just outta my price range) :)
YEP!!!

blown65
06-07-2006, 07:47 PM
I like my Centurion enzo, its kinda a soft takeoff wake but its clean and good sized. Ive also done some behind a Sanger 210 I think it was. They did have a fat sack close to the driver and it had a good clean wake also but a much more aggressive launch.
The nice thing on the Enzo is it rides thru the rough stuff pretty nice and has quite alot of room. I dont think I'll ever own a flat bottom style wakeboard boat again because of the crap ride they give you.

1BADBAHNER
06-09-2006, 05:59 PM
CCC??? Is this in the image center??

racesdr
06-12-2006, 08:59 PM
check out Correctcraft.com

Riomouse911
06-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Not that I am aware of (sorry I am late with the response, out at the river this week).. hit up www.californiacorrectcraft.com..

DAVID
06-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Take a close look at Sanger. I think you'll be impressed. The price is resonable too.
Opinions Please, Thanks
-Tony

BIG TIME
06-17-2006, 08:37 PM
sanger is number one IMHO for price and how they are built,"one at a time"......had a malibu...didnt like it,,,they are splatter gun assemblied(production line).....ski nautique's are my second pick....calabria=junk.tige=overpriced.mastercraft= many problems.moomba=are you kidding?.........SANGER best built hand layed up hulls one of the best gelcoats,they hold there value also.....hope i dont piss-off anybody...but he did ask which is best....sanger.
call tracy boat salesd.

riverbound
06-17-2006, 08:47 PM
We have a Ski Nautique 19 footer and a Supra luanch 22,Supra Saltare 24' adn 22 Stoker.
If you are into Slalom.....hands down the BEST boat I have ever ski behind is my Stoker (wake is only about 1 inch tall and soft)
The Supra is hands down the nicest tourney boat I have been in.Has a decent wake for slalom and a great wake for boarding, air chairing etc.. (when the ballast is full)
The sanger is a nice boat for the money, but lacks the fit and finish quality of the Nautiques, Master craft, Supra.
It mostly boils down to what you are going to use it for. Our 24' Supra throws the biggest wake for wake sports that I have ever seen from a boat with no ballast tanks....and actually rides really well due to the ver deep V up front. but it is a VERY heavy boat.

riverbound
06-17-2006, 08:49 PM
sanger is number one IMHO for price and how they are built,"one at a time"......had a malibu...didnt like it,,,they are splatter gun assemblied(production line).....ski nautique's are my second pick....calabria=junk.tige=overpriced.mastercraft= many problems.moomba=are you kidding?.........SANGER best built hand layed up hulls one of the best gelcoats,they hold there value also.....hope i dont piss-off anybody...but he did ask which is best....sanger.
call tracy boat salesd.
I would STRONGLY disagree, I have spent many hours in a friends Sanger.....and it is FAR from the BEST. It is a decent boat for the price. but no where near BEST. Give me the Supra anyday.

riverbound
06-17-2006, 08:52 PM
I do have to say that we have laways love the Nautiques. Our nautique is a 92 and has almost 900 hours on it and still runs like a top. but when we went in recently to look at them (prior to looking at the Supra) the staff at CCC wouldnt give us the time of day (little did the know my mom was paying CASH for the boat) so after an hour of trying to get help. we left and went to look at the Supra, and we are very glad we did.

DAVID
06-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Didn't piss me off. I agree
call tracy boat salesd.

1BADBAHNER
06-26-2006, 06:37 PM
It has been tough making a decision, the main purpose is Slalom and second is wakeboarding, third is comfort and luxury. I have my heart set on the Malibu response only because of the specs. appearance and performance. I don't know how much they run and still have to test drive it, the next in line is the ski nautique 206. I know you can't have both, but it's easier to convert a boat to a decent wakeboading ride than the other way around and it's not like we are anywhere near pros. But at times I feel like :220v: from all the research. This is what I have come to learn, I may be wrong but I think if I go either way I wouldn't make a bad choice.
Please keep it coming........need all the help I can't get still.
Thanks everyone, and by the way if anyone is interested in my bahner please pm it's going to go really cheap.

Coach
06-26-2006, 07:57 PM
It has been tough making a decision, the main purpose is Slalom and second is wakeboarding, third is comfort and luxury. I have my heart set on the Malibu response only because of the specs. appearance and performance. I don't know how much they run and still have to test drive it, the next in line is the ski nautique 206. I know you can't have both, but it's easier to convert a boat to a decent wakeboading ride than the other way around and it's not like we are anywhere near pros. But at times I feel like :220v: from all the research. This is what I have come to learn, I may be wrong but I think if I go either way I wouldn't make a bad choice.
Please keep it coming........need all the help I can't get still.
Thanks everyone, and by the way if anyone is interested in my bahner please pm it's going to go really cheap.
Make sure to wait for the 2007 Malibu's. I think the Reponse is getting some major overalls done. Check out www.themalibucrew.com or www.wakeworld.com for more info. I am also looking at the Malibu and they are at the top of my list right now (WS 23 LSV). I am going to be demoing many boats this weekend (Malibu, Mastercraft, Tige). I also liked the Supra after checking them out, you get a lot of boat for the money. The Natiques are great boats but much like the MasterCraft I think they are overpriced for what you are getting. I think Malibu is putting together the best overall package for the price then in second is Supra. The Mastercraft and Natique are right there with Malibu for fit and finish, but I don't like the layout of the Natiques and the MasterCrafts I can't customize it as much as a Malibu. BTW silver is the color for Malibu's 25th Aniverisary for 2007. Many Bling items are going onto the boats.

COOPER
06-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I own a Response LXI it is great boat if you are a hardcore slalom skier. I have skied behind most of these boats and if you are buying from one of the top brands it all abot prefrence and money. I like the Nautiques and Mastercrafts and the Supra (not a fan of tige or centurian). But I love my Malibu (I have owned several) I am friends with most of the dealers in my area so it really came down to boat and price.
The RLXI is a great slalom boat has an amazing slalom wake and is little bigger than most boats with this high of a performance level.
It does have some limitation you are never going to get a great boarding wake from this boat wedge ballast etc the boat was designed for skiing. the bow Rides low if you are in any kind of rough water you will have a good chance of taking water over the bow.
From what I can gather you miight want to look at the Wakesetter XTI (direct drive) or the Nautique 206 (almost bought one). The slalom wake is still very skiable (34+mph) and the wake is much better for boarding.
MAKE SURE YOU SKI BEHIND THEM. after all is said and done what is behind the boat is more important than any extra bling.

Speedin' Ian
06-27-2006, 11:36 AM
What are you basing this info. on... because a lot of it seems way off base. First of all what problems do the Mastercrafts have? Second of all the Malibu is a production boat (like many tournament boats) but it is a very solid, well built boat. Nautiques are great boats (don't disagree with you there) and I don't have a lot of first hand knowledge on Moomba or Calabria, but the one Moomba I skied behind was junk, but that was many years ago and the ones I saw at the boat show didn't look too bad. As for the Sanger I think it's a decent boat, I almost bought one because it was a good deal, but somebody bought it before I could. However the fit and finish is not nearly that of many of the boats you listed above (Mastercraft, Nautique, Malibu, Tige, etc..) plus they are one of the last builders using wood in there construction. Currently we own a Mastercraft and a Tige both of which have been great boats... if I was to buy a new one I would probably go with a Malibu or Tige, you seem to get more bang for your buck than the Mastercraft or Nautique (though it has been a while since I priced one out so things may be different now)

1BADBAHNER
06-27-2006, 06:22 PM
I own a Response LXI it is great boat if you are a hardcore slalom skier. I have skied behind most of these boats and if you are buying from one of the top brands it all abot prefrence and money. I like the Nautiques and Mastercrafts and the Supra (not a fan of tige or centurian). But I love my Malibu (I have owned several) I am friends with most of the dealers in my area so it really came down to boat and price.
The RLXI is a great slalom boat has an amazing slalom wake and is little bigger than most boats with this high of a performance level.
It does have some limitation you are never going to get a great boarding wake from this boat wedge ballast etc the boat was designed for skiing. the bow Rides low if you are in any kind of rough water you will have a good chance of taking water over the bow.
From what I can gather you miight want to look at the Wakesetter XTI (direct drive) or the Nautique 206 (almost bought one). The slalom wake is still very skiable (34+mph) and the wake is much better for boarding.
MAKE SURE YOU SKI BEHIND THEM. after all is said and done what is behind the boat is more important than any extra bling.
I was hoping with the perfect pass, people riding in the back, wedge and ballast it would give out a decent wakeboard wake to have fun with. We aren't pro's at wakeboarding but it has to be better than what we have now by far and properly set up it should be good enough........shouldn't it?

Brian Ray
06-27-2006, 08:40 PM
We have a Sanger V210.....wouldn't own another boat.
They might be the only boat builder buidling with wood but the hull is guaranteed for life and I have yet to hear of a Sanger hull coming apart....
Best wake I've ever skiied behind is a a '71 Sanger flat bottom....no wake what so ever...not much room but by far the best pull I've ever gotten.

COOPER
06-28-2006, 05:26 AM
I was hoping with the perfect pass, people riding in the back, wedge and ballast it would give out a decent wakeboard wake to have fun with. We aren't pro's at wakeboarding but it has to be better than what we have now by far and properly set up it should be good enough........shouldn't it?
It will be okay and yes better than what you have but if i am spending 55K on a boat I want it to be more than just better. I do not board much but I threw a tower on the boat for my kids and they still have fun.

Coach
06-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Malibu is also coming out with a 20 VTX. It is a 20 V-drive to be like the response. I am sure it will use their diamond hull (ski hull) vs the wake hull. The Wakesetter XTI are also a nice fit for people who like to do it all.

1BADBAHNER
06-29-2006, 07:28 PM
So I did some research on the wakesetter and also found the sunsetter interesting. Now a debate came up about the centurion tornado..........this just keeps getting more complicated. I quess hardcore slalom is not really something I need and a combination of pleasure slalom as best/hard as I can do and wakeboarding is more what the family needs, I can always pick a sweet spot at whatever off the boat will give me and that will allow me to get some quality slalom time in and everyone else to have the comfort and wakeboard time they would like also. Sorry to keep changing my mind..we will be looking at the wakesetter and Lxi this weekend so this may clear some things up.
How about the centurion tornado..........should it be considered??

Coach
06-29-2006, 08:48 PM
THE 2007 NEW MODELS FROM MALIBU
Silver Limited Edition Response LXi
Combining the World’s greatest 3-event towboat with one of the world’s most powerful and sought after engines is extraordinary by any standards but this is down right nasty. The Silver Edition Response LXi features the Corvette LS7 engine. A hand built masterpiece specifically built for the ZO6 Corvette now available only in a Malibu Silver Edition Response LXi. It features 525 ft. lbs. of torque and a whopping 500 horsepower! The Silver Edition Response LXi is also new featuring a redesigned hull that creates an entirely new standard in World Class Slalom wakes. The Silver Limited Edition is only available in the black & silver metallic design and will be limited to 100 boats. Additional Options including custom canvas & carpet saver may be added to the standard feature listing.
The Standard Features:
* Corvette LS7/MPI Engine (500 horsepower)
* Metallic gel coat and custom graphics
* New Sony Stereo w/4 Rockford Fosgate Speakers & Power Amplifier
* Polished Stainless Exhaust
* Polished Glove Box Door
* Polished Pylon
* Silver Edition Interior Emblems
* Silver Edition Extreme Custom Trailer – ($4,200 Credit Option)
* Silver Carpeting and Vinyl accents
* Silver Edition Leather Jacket (Owner Packet Certificate)
Silver Limited Edition Wakesetter VLX
The World’s number one choice in Wakeboard boats is powered by the 400 horsepower Hammerhead 383. The Silver Edition Wake VLX is equipped for the most discriminating rider featuring a standard high output stereo system, custom Extreme trailer and exclusive Power Wedge. The Silver Edition Wake VLX is only available in the black & silver metallic design and will only be limited by production capacity. Additional Options including custom canvas & carpet saver may be added to the standard feature listing.
The Standard Features:
* Hammerhead 383/400 hp. Engine
* Black & Metallic Silver Custom Graphics
* Power Wedge
* Sony Stereo w/8 Rockford Fosgate Speakers/Transom Remote/Rockford Fosgate Amp/Subwoofer
* Polished Stainless Exhaust
* Silver Edition Custom Extreme Trailer – ($4,200 Credit Option)
* Silver Carpeting and Vinyl Accents
* Polished Glove Box Door
* Silver Edition Leather Jacket (Owner packet Certificate)
All New Response LXi
What company in their right mind would mess with a current World Record Slalom boat? Would tweak a boat that just dominated Mastercraft in the WaterSki Magazine Slalom Shootout? That company would be Malibu tasking their Chief Designer Dan Gasper to widen the canyon between the Response LXi and the rest of the field. The result is the highest performing and lowest wake machine in the business with extraordinary styling and comfort. The new Response LXi features the first frameless windshield for outstanding visibility and styling. The windshield side wings feature ventilation for controlling passenger comfort in the cabin.
New Features:
* New Vented Wing Frameless Windshield (Exclusive Malibu)
* New SV23 “Cut” Diamond Hull
* New Interior Design
* New Medallion Gauges
* New Polished Switch Panels
* New Silver Anniversary Issotta Steering Wheel & Throttle Knob
* New Stainless Steel Exterior Malibu Emblems
All New Wakesetter 20VTX (Sunscape 20LSV)
Two new boats. Two unique hulls. Two different disciplines. The Wakesetter 20VTX enters the 20’ V-drive market with one goal in mind. Dominate its niche. While others have compromised their hull designs and interior space the Wakesetter 20VTX makes no apology by saying it is a Rider’s boat. Built by riders and designed by riders to achieve the highest levels of performance and space available in the 20’ market. Equipped with the same performance and wake enhancing features as the Wakesetter VLX the VTX is pure adrenaline. For those families desiring greater versatility from their hull design Malibu features the option of choosing the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull on their Wakesetter VTX. This hull is the same design used on our 3-Event Response LXi for greater hull efficiency and lower wakes. The Sunscape 20LSV enters the Luxury Sport V market featuring the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull standard and an abundance of luxury for those needing the increased performance without sacrificing comfort. The Sunscape 20LSV and the Wakesetter 20VTX are great boats for those families desiring less boat, more performance and the need to eliminate the hassle of storage or tow capacities.
New Features:
* Choice of Hulls –Wake or SV23 “Cut” Diamond Hull
* New Medallion Gauges
* Additional Optional Wakesetter Vinyl Graphics (Contemporary and Extreme)
* Sunscape & Wakesetter Series Features New Stainless Steel Exterior Malibu Emblems
* 3-Tank standard MLS ballast w/optional bow ballast
All New Wakesetter 247 RX
No matter what the conditions, you’re ready for more – and so is the new Wakesetter 247RX. Some boats are designed to be just different but the Wakesetter 247RX is both different and better in so many areas. The Wakesetter 247RX combines Malibu’s renowned performance aspects with an interior layout that provides more. More seating. More comfort. More versatility for your families needs. The weight distribution is perfect partly because of its direct drive design allowing for outstanding manners in rough chop and tighter handling performance on smaller lakes. The Wakesetter 247RX features two seating lounges so its big enough to give the kids their space without impeding on yours. The Wakesetter 247RX is a wake making machine due to its perfect weight distribution and ability to sit the hull deeper in the water for greater water displacement. The Wake 247RX is standard with the Hammerhead 383/400 hp engine from Indmar.
New Features:
* The only dual lounge seating arrangement in the water sports market.
* (2) Tables, (2) Lounges, (2) Coolers
* Features New Medallion Gauges
* Features New Polished Switch Panels
* Features New Silver Anniversary Issotta Steering Wheel & Throttle Knob
* Standard with the Illusion X tower
* 3-Tank MLS ballast system w/separate rear capacities (550 lbs. total) for offsetting passenger loads; Bow tank-400 lbs.
* 16 person seating capacity
* Above engine storage center
* Rear recreational console
2007 ENGINE LINE-UP
Indmar will introduce Catalyst on the Monsoons eliminating emissions. Indmar will be the only engine supplier to introduce catalyst for 2007. There will be no power loss associated with the catalyst. Pump in tank will be standard across the board eliminating fuel pumps on the engines. There will be an 8.1L direct drive engine option for the 247RX.
* Malibu 320 LCR/MPI Vortec
* Malibu Monsoon 340 MPI
* Malibu 383 Hammerhead 400 hp/MPI
* Corvette LS7/500 hp. (Only available on the Silver Edition RLXi)
* Malibu 8100 Vortec MPI/450 hp
2007 MALIBU TOWERS & ACCESSORIES
* The Illusion X will still be standard on all Malibu Wakesetter and Ride Series boats.
* Titan Series III will be made available on the JIT program as an option.
* Titan New Push Button Swivel Board Rack
* New “hidden bungee” Composite Swivel Board Rack – Fundamental Industries (Awesome!)
2007 STEREO NEW FEATURES AND OPTIONS
* New Sony CD/Stereo/Downloadable
* New Rockford Fosgate Punch Subwoofers
* New Rockford Fosgate Power Amplifiers
* New Rockford Fosgate Speakers

SUI-CY-COLE
06-30-2006, 07:31 AM
is malibu a splatter gun type production boat,no one addressed that yet...
i prefer sanger.

Sane Asylum
06-30-2006, 07:42 AM
Hey.......Go easy on the Malibus...........I'm kindof sensitive ... :D :D
Wonder where they'll price the silver anniversary edition? $75K. With that motor and that bling.........Gotta be close...
Just ordered an 06' 23XTi Wakesetter. It's supposed to deliver June 14.
340 Monsoon
Power wedge
Illusion tower
Dual batts w/isolator
Music - doing my own but did the base package
Tower Bimini
Custom Dash
Progressive Gel/graphics (vs classic)
Coupla pics from the factory..........
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/utblethcoe/sterntobow_greatpic.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/utblethcoe/Cockpit_sterntobow.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/utblethcoe/Outside_goodentireboat.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/utblethcoe/boatonthedolly_best.jpg

Speedin' Ian
06-30-2006, 07:48 AM
bitchen boat!!

NautiTwins
06-30-2006, 08:30 AM
So I did some research on the wakesetter and also found the sunsetter interesting. Now a debate came up about the centurion tornado..........this just keeps getting more complicated. I quess hardcore slalom is not really something I need and a combination of pleasure slalom as best/hard as I can do and wakeboarding is more what the family needs, I can always pick a sweet spot at whatever off the boat will give me and that will allow me to get some quality slalom time in and everyone else to have the comfort and wakeboard time they would like also. Sorry to keep changing my mind..we will be looking at the wakesetter and Lxi this weekend so this may clear some things up.
How about the centurion tornado..........should it be considered??
You sound like my wife and I when we were looking for a ski boat. We bought the 99 Pro Air Nautique. The perfect crossover boat in my opinion. Decent wake for wake boarding and a really nice ski wake over 30mph. When you start to get into a boat that is 22 23 feet it is not going to have the nice ski wake that you desire. I have a buddy with a Malibu 22 V-Drive and the wake does not start to lay down until 35 and even then it is like hitting a mountain at full speed.

Sane Asylum
06-30-2006, 08:37 AM
You sound like my wife and I when we were looking for a ski boat. We bought the 99 Pro Air Nautique. The perfect crossover boat in my opinion. Decent wake for wake boarding and a really nice ski wake over 30mph. When you start to get into a boat that is 22 23 feet it is not going to have the nice ski wake that you desire. I have a buddy with a Malibu 22 V-Drive and the wake does not start to lay down until 35 and even then it is like hitting a mountain at full speed.
True on really any V.....We chose the XTi after we tested four V's. Could not get the wake to ski with at any speed with the V.....The XTi was clearly our choice for a w'board and ski wake out of the same boat....
We actually put some ballast in the center tank, ran it up to about 30mph and it actually helped smooth out the ski wake......Wakeboard wake was more than adequate with ballast full and the wedge down........
Really boils down to what you're going to use the boat for......It's a good dual purpose boat for us.......

NautiTwins
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
True on really any V.....We chose the XTi after we tested four V's. Could not get the wake to ski with at any speed with the V.....The XTi was clearly our choice for a w'board and ski wake out of the same boat....
We actually put some ballast in the center tank, ran it up to about 30mph and it actually helped smooth out the ski wake......Wakeboard wake was more than adequate with ballast full and the wedge down........
Really boils down to what you're going to use the boat for......It's a good dual purpose boat for us.......
Never thought to run some ballast in the middle. Makes sense thats for sure.

Sane Asylum
06-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Never thought to run some ballast in the middle. Makes sense thats for sure.
The owner of the dealership showed me the trick......It actually changes the weight dist. and helps lift the stern of the boat......Not a lot but still changes it....It was very noticeable......

NautiTwins
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
The owner of the dealership showed me the trick......It actually changes the weight dist. and helps lift the stern of the boat......Not a lot but still changes it....It was very noticeable......
We try to get up to canyon a couple days during the week, after work. If you ever want to hook up, pm me and I will let you know next time we are out.

Coach
06-30-2006, 07:03 PM
For what is is worth. I demo'ed (sp) a few boats today. None of them are ski boats per se but either or take it for what is worth. I rode and drove Tige 24 Ve, Malibu 23 LSV and the MasterCraft X-30 today. The Malibu won hands down after the test drive. The Tige was a very nice ride but seemed to have a ton of freeboard and the fit and finish was not very good on the interior. Also the Tige just seemed to be missing the boat (no pun intended, but still funny) with the interior of their boat. If they had a deceicent interior I might be buying a Tige. The Mastercraft had a terrible left hand pull to the boat. They also had many grab handles in bad places that you would rest your back on. The X-30 also was sluggish and just didn't seem to have much pop. As for the Malibu it had it all. It was a great performer and had all the fit and finish in side. Overall it has confirmed my thoughts about Malibu.

Riomouse911
07-02-2006, 08:37 PM
It helps to have moveable ballast in the boats for several reasons. By placing weight in the front of the boat, it can lower the bow and raise the stern to change the wakes. By moving it from side to side it can tune the wake to each riders specs... I keep several bags of lead shot under the bow of my boat, as I like the effect it has on the wake (Makes the boat ride flatter to make my wake rounder and less peaky). With fillable ballast tanks, the weight can be moved (based on how full each side tank is) to accomodate odd-sized passengers (or a lack therof) or set up a large wall on one side or the other for wake surfing.
In my old '91 Ski, I lined the undersides of the rear seats with plastic bags and made molds for 6 bags of concrete. I then used waveless-waterbed liner tubes for side ballast, along with the lead shot bags undere the bow. Boat drove like a pig, but the wake was massive and shaped perfectly through several days of trial and error...

1BADBAHNER
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Ok, went and looked at boats this weekend. Looked at the Malibu wakesetter 23' XTI and the supra sunsport 22V. I was really impressed with the Malibu quality but the 48K price tag seems a little high still having to add some more extra's that will probably bring the boat to about 52K which still is cheaper than the ski nautique with less options but they are pretty close, ski nautique no ballast, wakeboard features, etc. The supra has a adjustable back plate that can change the height of the rear of the boat changing the wake. We are going to be test driving them very soon, but does anyone have any experience with the supra brands and models. Oh and they were selling before they could even get the towers on them, and the moomba's were selling before they even got onto the show room floor. We didn't even look at those because the general manager was more impressed with the supra which was fully loaded, ballast, sterio amp sub, perfect pass, tower, etc. custom trailer with chrome wheel wells, 46K. So I think it has really boiled down to these two boats, Supra and Malibu.........

Sane Asylum
07-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Ok, went and look at boats this weekend. Looked at the Malibu wakesetter 23' XTI and the supra sunsport 22V. I was really impressed with the Malibu quality but the 48K price tag seems a little high still having to add some more extra's that will probably bring the boat to about 52K which still is cheaper than the ski nautique. The supra has a adjustable back plate that can change the height of the rear of the boat changing the wake. We are going to be test driving them very soon, but does anyone have any experience with the supra brands. Oh and they were selling before they could even get the towers on them, and the moomba's were selling before they even got onto the show room floor. We didn't even look at those because the general manager was more impressed with the supra which was fully loaded, ballast, sterio amp sub, perfect pass, tower, etc. custom trailer with chrome wheel wells 46K. So I think it has really boiled down to these two boats, Supra and Malibu.........
Don't forget to consider resale in your decision.......I'm biased.....do the Malibu :cool:

1BADBAHNER
07-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Don't forget to consider resale in your decision.......I'm biased.....do the Malibu :cool:
I know, and not only that they are pretty much on top for right now and I don't see them slipping for a while. My step son is totally sold on this boat now, and before didn't want to look at malibu.

1BADBAHNER
07-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Looks like it's down to these three boats:
Supra sunsport 22V
Air Nautique SV 211
Malibu wakesetter 21XTI
These seem to be the best cross over boats that I have looked at and now need to test drive and ski behind them to make a decision.

NautiTwins
07-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Looks like it's down to these three boats:
Supra sunsport 22V
Air Nautique SV 211
Malibu wakesetter 21XTI
These seem to be the best cross over boats that I have looked at and now need to test drive and ski behind them to make a decision.
No question on what is the best boat in my opinion, for the price! The 211 hands down is one of the nicest boats out there. However, it does have one downside. The wake for skiing is going to be brutal, unless you are over 34 MPH. The fit and finish of that boat are amazing!
To be honest and I am sure I will get some backing on this one, to put Malibu and Nautique in the same class as Supra is a joke. SUre you might get more bling on the Supra, but call me in a year when it all falls off and you have the boat in the shop more then you have it on the lake. LOL

SUI-CY-COLE
07-09-2006, 09:48 AM
No question on what is the best boat in my opinion, for the price! The 211 hands down is one of the nicest boats out there. However, it does have one downside. The wake for skiing is going to be brutal, unless you are over 34 MPH. The fit and finish of that boat are amazing!
To be honest and I am sure I will get some backing on this one, to put Malibu and Nautique in the same class as Supra is a joke. SUre you might get more bling on the Supra, but call me in a year when it all falls off and you have the boat in the shop more then you have it on the lake. LOL
im partial to sanger...but out of those three you picked....supra cant hold a candle to those 2.......malibu is nice......go test a sanger...you might be surprised.......and like someone else posted remember resale.

Riomouse911
07-10-2006, 12:04 AM
The SV211 is a really good boat, and I believe is the only V drive approved for waterski competition as well as wakeboard comps. You can't go wrong with the 211 IMO...

1BADBAHNER
07-10-2006, 12:28 PM
The SV211 is a really good boat, and I believe is the only V drive approved for waterski competition as well as wakeboard comps. You can't go wrong with the 211 IMO...
Even over the Malibu wakesetter XTI 21' ?? After all the reviewing on hull design and weight distribution, I am thinking the the Malibu will have a smaller wake for skiing. It also has the power wedge, but the test drive should tell the overall story.

Coach
07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
If you have not seen the pics, here are some of the Malibu VTX a 20" V drive
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5693&st=80

1BADBAHNER
07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
It looks a lot like the LXV, is there a difference? I have seen that one in person, but have been told that the XTI would give me a better ski wake.

Coach
07-10-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/343307.html?1152568175
From Malibu
All New Wakesetter 20VTX (Sunscape 20LSV)
Two new boats. Two unique hulls. Two different disciplines. The Wakesetter 20VTX enters the 20’ V-drive market with one goal in mind. Dominate its niche. While others have compromised their hull designs and interior space the Wakesetter 20VTX makes no apology by saying it is a Rider’s boat. Built by riders and designed by riders to achieve the highest levels of performance and space available in the 20’ market. Equipped with the same performance and wake enhancing features as the Wakesetter VLX the VTX is pure adrenaline. For those families desiring greater versatility from their hull design Malibu features the option of choosing the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull on their Wakesetter VTX. This hull is the same design used on our 3-Event Response LXi for greater hull efficiency and lower wakes. The Sunscape 20LSV enters the Luxury Sport V market featuring the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull standard and an abundance of luxury for those needing the increased performance without sacrificing comfort. The Sunscape 20LSV and the Wakesetter 20VTX are great boats for those families desiring less boat, more performance and the need to eliminate the hassle of storage or tow capacities.
New Features:
* Choice of Hulls –Wake or SV23 “Cut” Diamond Hull
* New Medallion Gauges
* Additional Optional Wakesetter Vinyl Graphics (Contemporary and Extreme)
* Sunscape & Wakesetter Series Features New Stainless Steel Exterior Malibu Emblems
* 3-Tank standard MLS ballast w/optional bow ballast

1BADBAHNER
07-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Coach:
You really know your malibu's don't you. I'll ask my local dealer about this one and see what he says about it :)
That is a lot of room for a 20'

Coach
07-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Coach:
You really know your malibu's don't you. I'll ask my local dealer about this one and see what he says about it :)
That is a lot of room for a 20'
I am sold on Malibu and am going to make it my next boat. The www.themalibucrew.com web site has a ton of good info on it. I don't know much about the ski/wake boat, I will just end up boarding behind it. But I hear that the diamond cut hull is a great ski hull. All of the brands you have mentioned are very good. Good luck with your choice. BTW after test driving all of the boats my decision was clear as to what to buy.

Oilfield_trash
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
My best advice is to take your time. Know what boat you want, and shop around for the best deal. I found a difference of 10 grand by going 100 miles away than my local shop.

1BADBAHNER
07-11-2006, 06:09 PM
That's exactly what I was going to do, narrow it down to the boat of choice but I also want to stay pretty close to where I'm going to live to also try and get good service when I need it. I'm not sure if you would get the same treatment if you brought your boat into a place that you didn't buy it from and $10K really seems to be a big difference for the same boat.
Where did you buy your boat?
Most MSRP's that I have seen are just about what the local dealers are asking, plus each dealer has their own add ons and upgrades that bring the price up slightly and know what most people around the area like to see on them. I have been dealing mostly with the G.M.'s of each dealership so I'm sure the sales commision is smaller than dealing with a sales rep. and when it comes down to making the deal, I'm sure I can work them down a bit.

1BADBAHNER
07-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I am sold on Malibu and am going to make it my next boat. The www.themalibucrew.com web site has a ton of good info on it. I don't know much about the ski/wake boat, I will just end up boarding behind it. But I hear that the diamond cut hull is a great ski hull. All of the brands you have mentioned are very good. Good luck with your choice. BTW after test driving all of the boats my decision was clear as to what to buy.
Well I can tell you one thing, from seeing all of them up close and looking at just the gel coats. The Malibu has the smoothest and nicest shine, i'm not just basing that on my decision but the color lines are smoother and straighter looking than all the other brands I have looked at.

Coach
07-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Crap, as soon as write of Tige because of some interior issues and some fit and finish issues they come out with this
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=790
http://tigeowners.com/photos/data/507/1RZ-overhead.jpg
Not the type of boat your are looking at 1BadBahner, but this might make my decision harder if the fit and finish are better. Tige has the best riding boat of any of the wakeboard boats.

blown65
07-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Crap, as soon as write of Tige because of some interior issues and some fit and finish issues they come out with this
Not the type of boat your are looking at 1BadBahner, but this might make my decision harder if the fit and finish are better. Tige has the best riding boat of any of the wakeboard boats.
I dunno bout that, not use what Tige it was but it porposed liek a bitch. Was actually unnerving riding in it.

Coach
07-16-2006, 05:47 AM
I dunno bout that, not use what Tige it was but it porposed liek a bitch. Was actually unnerving riding in it.
I am not sure what model and year you drove a Tige, but 2 weeks ago I drove a 24 Ve with the Convex hull with the TAPS system (trim plate) It drove and handled great. The hull is much more of a V and the TAPS system (trim tab) allows for you to adjust the ride quality at any time. If the boat was starting to porpose then you can adjust the trim tab and smooth out the ride. The only time that would happen is when I had the plate down all the way getting the nose out of the water and I ran through some chop. I put the plate up and it went away. Overall it was a great handling boat and it drove very well, I was very impressed overall with the Tige. It crushed the MasterCraft and the Malibu was not that far behind in ride quality but was still fairly noticable in the chop. Just my $.02

buzzaro
07-16-2006, 07:20 AM
I think we have come up with the Boat;
MALIBU response LXi
What do you all have to say about this boat, Bad or Good. Comments are welcomed.
-Tony
I dont know if this a concern for you or not, but its something we ran into buying our first boat. Malibu, Centurion and whatever Brendellas are called now, are all built in Merced just down the road from you. I dont know if this is as important as with a custom boat or not but might make a difference.

1BADBAHNER
07-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Coach your killing me. It sure as shit does did make it harder......I really like that and if it rides better then the Malibu it makes it the second or first choice now. Do you know retail and how to get more info. on it, I looked and can't find any other sites that write about it. It's seems like a pretty big boat to have such a great ski wake???

Coach
07-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Coach your killing me. It sure as shit does did make it harder......I really like that and if it rides better then the Malibu it makes it the second or first choice now. Do you know retail and how to get more info. on it, I looked and can't find any other sites that write about it. It's seems like a pretty big boat to have such a great ski wake???
Here is the write up on Wake World
I talked with one of the main designers of the boat here in So Cal for about an hour the other day. There are so many cool styling features you can't see from the pics.
Check out this site as well
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2318
As for price it is going to be $62900 from my dealer here in So Cal. Now they order their boat a bit differently than many dealers. They order the Stainless package, use Extreme trailers, put on Explosion towers (the towers in the pic, which are very cool might run $2000 more), they put in Alpine 9857 HU and Alpine Co axles standard, table, 340HP engine,. Either or they told me they would be able to cut me a sweet deal if I take delivery of one before the end of the year.
Also Check out the other pics I posted here
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121619

blown65
07-17-2006, 06:22 PM
I am not sure what model and year you drove a Tige, but 2 weeks ago I drove a 24 Ve with the Convex hull with the TAPS system (trim plate) It drove and handled great. The hull is much more of a V and the TAPS system (trim tab) allows for you to adjust the ride quality at any time. If the boat was starting to porpose then you can adjust the trim tab and smooth out the ride. The only time that would happen is when I had the plate down all the way getting the nose out of the water and I ran through some chop. I put the plate up and it went away. Overall it was a great handling boat and it drove very well, I was very impressed overall with the Tige. It crushed the MasterCraft and the Malibu was not that far behind in ride quality but was still fairly noticable in the chop. Just my $.02
It was a smaller 21 or 22. Rode fine except at top speed. I was just a passenger so maybe he could of used his tab. (If he had one.) Other than that it was a nice boat.

1BADBAHNER
07-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I think the Malibu at under 50K would be my choice. I am going to test out the response just for the ride and to see what kind of wake it puts out for boarding and then the 21XTI to compare the two. I think for the price it is the best boat out there. Just IMO, If I was to go test drive everyboat that had equal retail value I think Malibu will win hands down.

Coach
07-17-2006, 07:33 PM
I think the Malibu at under 50K would be my choice. I am going to test out the response just for the ride and to see what kind of wake it puts out for boarding and then the 21XTI to compare the two. I think for the price it is the best boat out there. Just IMO, If I was to go test drive everyboat that had equal retail value I think Malibu will win hands down.
I think you are right. Did you check out the VTX? The price tag might be a bit more. Price will end up being a major factor in my final decsion as well. Malibu makes a sweet boat. What every maker you chose they are all good boat builders.