PDA

View Full Version : Who goes to Big River?

goneboatin
05-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I was kind of bummed last time I went to Parker all the idiots zooming around Bluewater now that the bouys are gone. I was thinking of trying Big River.
I know the water isn't up until noon on the weekends, but passing by the bridge in and out of Parker it always looks empty except for a couple of PWC's.
How bad is it over there? Any sand bars that aren't marked? Boulders that can't be seen that eat your prop? Am I asking for trouble with a boat with an outdrive?

JetBoatRich
05-30-2006, 08:25 PM
I know a couple people with V-Drives that like to run there, watch the water level :mad:

james
05-30-2006, 08:40 PM
I was kind of bummed last time I went to Parker all the idiots zooming around Bluewater now that the bouys are gone. I was thinking of trying Big River.
I know the water isn't up until noon on the weekends, but passing by the bridge in and out of Parker it always looks empty except for a couple of PWC's.
How bad is it over there? Any sand bars that aren't marked? Boulders that can't be seen that eat your prop? Am I asking for trouble with a boat with an outdrive?
Hi I have a place in big river. If you have a jet boat your pretty safe anywere you go. I met a couple of v drive guys and I asked the same question. If you stay between the Dock restuarant and the bidge your safe you will see an island with a palm tree on one end about half way. Make sure you stay on the California side when passing. That will be passing on the right if going down river. Also when going under the bride make sure to keep dead center of the river then drift right if you want to keep going. If your going to launch your boat at the park I suggest not launching next to the resturant but on the ramp further down. The ramp next to the resturant has to many rocks on both sides and if the current is going pretty fast you will end up there. The second ramp goes right into the river with nothing on either side. If you need more info. just write back
James

LLGirl
05-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi I have a place in big river. If you have a jet boat your pretty safe anywere you go. I met a couple of v drive guys and I asked the same question. If you stay between the Dock restuarant and the bidge your safe you will see an island with a palm tree on one end about half way. Make sure you stay on the California side when passing. That will be passing on the right if going down river. Also when going under the bride make sure to keep dead center of the river then drift right if you want to keep going. If your going to launch your boat at the park I suggest not launching next to the resturant but on the ramp further down. The ramp next to the resturant has to many rocks on both sides and if the current is going pretty fast you will end up there. The second ramp goes right into the river with nothing on either side. If you need more info. just write back
James
Oh yea - the current in from of the restaurant is strong! We always have a fun time tieing up to the dock in front of the place!

MudPumper
05-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Big River sucks, you shouldn't go there. The water is shallow, rock and sand bars everywhere. You will definitely eat your prop if you try it. Lots of lake lice runnin around and the bugs in the afternoon are unbearable. :crossx:

cyclone
05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
i heard big river is closing next week.

koyota93
05-30-2006, 09:11 PM
We have a jet boat that we take to Big River. I like it there because it is not super over-crowded. The water is pretty low until around noon, but after that it is pretty safe. We launch out of BR, then we usually go down river and party at the swing and Shell Beach.

Jyruiz
05-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Use to go there all the time when I owned skis. I really liked it, not to crowded, even on big weekends and more family oriented.

LOWRIVER2
05-31-2006, 06:50 AM
The whole lower river to Blythe has poison from years of farming pesticides, stay away for your own safety (lol).

RitcheyRch
05-31-2006, 07:15 AM
We like McIntyre Park. Havent been there in years though.

goneboatin
05-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the replies. Is is safe to ski or wakeboard? Or is it not worth risking?

schlepy
05-31-2006, 03:24 PM
parker has the bouys back up. i was at both places last weekend great time. a lot of lake lice at big river. also watch out for some golf balls, some lame ass kids tried to hit a golf ball at us from shore while driving by.

NeedlesNut
05-31-2006, 03:24 PM
we have friends that go there, we always kept our motorhome at the Riviera in Blythe until we bought a home in Needles. Running PWC or jets in that area is not bad but water can get very shallow..... Stump alley etc....

Jyruiz
05-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. Is is safe to ski or wakeboard? Or is it not worth risking?
I did all the time, never had a problem.

river redy
05-31-2006, 03:31 PM
GO THERE ON FATHERS DAY, AND SEE FOR YOURSELF THE PLACE WILL BE PACKED WITH V-DRIVES AND A COUPLE JETS :wink:

jet4fun
06-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Big River sucks, you shouldn't go there. The water is shallow, rock and sand bars everywhere. You will definitely eat your prop if you try it. Lots of lake lice runnin around and the bugs in the afternoon are unbearable. :crossx:
yeah, what he said... the place sucks, and the people on the water are assholes :yuk: in my opinion lake perris is where its at, and you dont even have to burn all that gas to get out there, just to have a shitty time :idea: