PDA

View Full Version : Do Ya Know the Way to Burley?

Rattle Can Lou
05-31-2006, 07:12 AM
For all you Dude's and Chicks that are making the drive to Burley from the Southern California area I thought I would try to help you with some directions. Some people have asked for help....OK.
I'm sure y'all know how to get to Vegas??? Take the Interstate 15 outa Vegas to Hiway 93, go left which I assume is North. (not real good with all that N/S b.s.) The next one is important because it cuts 45 minutle to an hour from the trip. Take 318 to the left headed towards Lund, NV. This route will take you right to Ely, NV. Theres a small pass as you enter Ely that will take about 20 minutes to go over...No big deal. From Ely you stay on the 93 all the way. Ely to Wells. Stay 0n 93 to Jackpot then into Twin Falls, ID. Go to Interstate 84 down to Burley...
Any questions???

CircleJerk
05-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Where's Vegas? Now I have to go there to find my way back to Burley. :mad:

vdriver4ever
05-31-2006, 07:57 AM
How do you get to Vegas?

beaverfab
05-31-2006, 08:55 AM
:rollside: RCL lot of good this dose me, I have to drive to Vegas first. The races will be over before I get there.

CircleJerk
05-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Waiting for some respect, Lou?

Rattle Can Lou
05-31-2006, 09:19 AM
You guys all deserve a good country ass whoopin. I will be handing these out starting one at a time on Friday AM in Burley...So go to fricken Vegas and head to Burley. There you await an ass whoopin...RCL feeling a little misused.

CircleJerk
05-31-2006, 02:53 PM
:) That's pure ass funny!

Moneypitt
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
That is true. The best way to get there, but I'll tell you, it is one lonely, desolate highway. Straightaways that last for 100 miles......Maybe 100 miles and no other vehicles going either way.......Then there are the little towns with their speed limit signs that start at 65, 55, 45, 35, 25.......All within 1/4 mile, get on the brakes cause there will be a local cop sitting behind something, waiting just for YOU........I found out that it only takes 1/2 as long at night, at least it seems that way since you can't see the same horizon for hours at a time. Oh yeah, GAS up in Vegas, cause there aint alot out there even in the daylight hours.......Jack pot WILL look real good when you roll in there........AND Ely has had SNOW in JULY. If you're traveling at night be ready to be cold when you get out for gas in Ely, even in the summer months......I'll be headed up that road around midnight Thursday, headed for Burley....And hope to see Jackpot around sunrise.......Ray

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Lou, don't forget the Rupert fish fry thursday evening. :cool:

Dave Sammons
05-31-2006, 08:05 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517nevadamap_large.jpg
Looks about right Rattle Can!! :cool: I'll be draftin' that land schooner of Billy's, like Tony Stewart on Jimmie Johnson, all the way to the state line! :crossx: And here I thought you were only a member of AA, working on your 10 steps, now we find out you belong to AAA as well! What a guy! Our little buddy, Rattle Can Louis and Clark...Charting the West for all of us!
PS...Didn't I hear a story about you and a horse in that Pony Express Territory? Just because it was out of the state of Idaho...Doesn't make it right!

dossangers
05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
So when is everybody leavin ? Im leaving wed morning trying to hook up with billy in VEGAS what about everybody else?? CA'MON

Life's Rough
05-31-2006, 09:29 PM
How do you get to Vegas?
Thanks Lou, You are sending me straight to Vegas with a racing budget. We will be three days late and broke!!!
Thanks again,
K-711

vdriver4ever
06-01-2006, 04:37 AM
"When is everyone leaving"?
I will be leaving Thursday morning from Boise and arriving Thursday morning in Burley! :)
That's just not right... I have driven that long straight drive through the long ends of Nevada many many times... It's really not that bad.
I promise to have a cocktail or two waiting for you guys!

Rattle Can Lou
06-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Sammons, I'm not near tall enough for a horse. There were some Basque sheep herders in the area though. It was late one noght when I penned the little diddy "There'll never be another Ewe." Mr. Moneypitt, I recieved a speeding ticket in one of those little towns on the way to the river and on the way back got another ticket from the same cop at the same spot and she remembered my name when she pulled me over..."now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are..."

Dave Sammons
06-01-2006, 07:56 AM
So when is everybody leavin ? Im leaving wed morning trying to hook up with billy in VEGAS what about everybody else?? CA'MON
Wayne,
I was thinkin' we'd hook up with Billy around 10am in Vegas. I'd have to leave Carlsbad at 5am(Billy would have to leave Needles around 8:30, which would be fine since we all know he needs his BEAUTY sleep!). Does that work for you? Thought maybe we could time it out to hook up on the 15 before we head up the Cajon pass? I could leave earlier if you'd like...Let me know.
Dave

Dave Sammons
06-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Sammons, I'm not near tall enough for a horse. There were some Basque sheep herders in the area though. It was late one noght when I penned the little diddy "There'll never be another Ewe."
I thought the one you wrote was "Ewe made me love Ewe"?

mexrunner
06-01-2006, 07:04 PM
so for people who have traveled it how long from so cal to burley one way not towing starting in san berdoo. just entertaining the idea
Thanks Adam

SK48
06-01-2006, 07:38 PM
It is about 750 miles to Burley. My wife and I drive it three or four times
a year from Parker Az. Back in the 70's & 80's we drove up 93 through
Nevada, which is a two lane road. It is a much better and safer road
to go up through Salt lake city in Utah. Through Salt Lake it is a divided
four lane highway. According to map quest it is 62 miles farther to go
through Utah, but almost three hours faster than driving through Nevada.
We will be leaving around noon on Wednesday from Parker. See everyone
there. Have a safe trip, and see you at the Rupert fish fry on Thursday
evening.

GofastRacer
06-01-2006, 07:44 PM
evening.
See ya there Richard!.. :cool:

Moneypitt
06-01-2006, 09:13 PM
evening.
Yes mapquest routes me thru SLC as well, and I'm coming from Ventura County. Is it really only 62 miles further thru SLC? Once we all get to Vegas its the same mileage for us all, regardless of where we started from. I guess the quicker part is because of the extended areas of 75 MPH speed limits on the 15. I've come back that way after stopping over at friends in SLC and that sure seems like a long haul to Vegas. Maybe I just like the country atmosphere of the little road..........Now I'm not sure...........Ray

Towndrunk
06-02-2006, 05:34 AM
Hey Art, stop by the house on your way thru and I'll let you work on something. You could ride my Harley up and save gas but I don't have a trailer hitch on it! :p
So if you live in Reno do you have to go to Vegas to get to Burley?

Moneypitt
06-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey Art, stop by the house on your way thru and I'll let you work on something. You could ride my Harley up and save gas but I don't have a trailer hitch on it! :p
So if you live in Reno do you have to go to Vegas to get to Burley?
No, you have to go thru Sacramento if you live in Reno, and Art could drop in if they allow Parachutes in carry on luggage..............MP

Moneypitt
06-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I just did the mapquest deal for this trip to Burley and as stated, the SLC route is quicker, longer but quicker. 912 to 844 miles, and 13 hrs,vs 15 1/2. I guess its the posted speed limits on the routes that allows the longer way to be quicker. Now I don't know which way to go........I don't cruise at the posted 75 anyway, so the shorter route would probably be equal in time......Any input????...........MP

gnRacer98
06-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I just did the mapquest deal for this trip to Burley and as stated, the SLC route is quicker, longer but quicker. 912 to 844 miles, and 13 hrs,vs 15 1/2. I guess its the posted speed limits on the routes that allows the longer way to be quicker. Now I don't know which way to go........I don't cruise at the posted 75 anyway, so the shorter route would probably be equal in time......Any input????...........MP
Does Mapquest say anything about the traffic thru SLC? That's the glitch. That right there is an extra hour!
I've never had an issue on the 93.
And what's your hurry?

Moneypitt
06-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Does Mapquest say anything about the traffic thru SLC? That's the glitch. That right there is an extra hour!
I've never had an issue on the 93.
And what's your hurry?
I always take my time, where ever I go, but I can't leave until Thursday night after work. So, I either battle the traffic out of the greater LA area at 4:30PM or wait until 6 or so. Driving alone straight through, or at least as far as I can Thursday night, and then into Burley, hopefully noonish Friday....Going thru SLC on my time frame would put me there in the morning rush, :mad: not a good thing, been there done that, so I guess its through Jackpot.......I don't think there is a morning rush in Lund or Wells,or Elko :)MP

vdriver4ever
06-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I just drove down from Boise to SLC on Monday afternoon and back on Tuesday. I went through SLC / Ogden area around 5:30 PM on Monday. The traffic was pretty bad through the construction areas north bound. When I left Tuesday about 2:30 PM it wasn't too bad.
With that said I would never go through SLC from the south to Burley. I am a Ely / Jackpot kind of guy..

Moneypitt
06-08-2006, 04:37 PM
For all you Dude's and Chicks that are making the drive to Burley from the Southern California area I thought I would try to help you with some directions. Some people have asked for help....OK.
I'm sure y'all know how to get to Vegas??? Take the Interstate 15 outa Vegas to Hiway 93, go left which I assume is North. (not real good with all that N/S b.s.) The next one is important because it cuts 45 minutle to an hour from the trip. Take 318 to the left headed towards Lund, NV. This route will take you right to Ely, NV. Theres a small pass as you enter Ely that will take about 20 minutes to go over...No big deal. From Ely you stay on the 93 all the way. Ely to Wells. Stay 0n 93 to Jackpot then into Twin Falls, ID. Go to Interstate 84 down to Burley...
Any questions???
Lou, you forgot to mention the right turn on highway 6 at the end of the 318. Question, does anyone have a real phone number for the RV park across the bridge from the race site? I though it was the "Riverside RV Park" but the map on the Burley web site shows that park way up by highway 84. The one I need is right across the river from the airport. We stayed there in 04' and it was quite convienent to the races..........The number I've been given(208 679 4793) goes to some commerce dept. or something. I left a message and never heard back from anyone. I'm going back to the Burley site, but the RV Park is in Heyburn, and it seems to have disappeared..........Also, tell me more about the fairway camping, if you can...........Ray

SK48
06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
I believe that the R.V. park is located next to the Heyburn chamber of
commerce building, or the Mini-Cassia visitor center. If you get ahold of
either the Heyburn , or Burley chamber of commerce I'm sure they can get
you in touch with someone.

vdriver4ever
06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
We too are in need of finding a place to park our RV;s Wednesday night and Thursday night. The driving range is where you want to be Thursday through Sunday. It's right at the pit area. Only problem is they don't open it up until Friday morning. the rest of the time there using it.
Lou II

BILLY.B
06-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Talked to RCL last night and he said, and I quote....."Don't listen to all those jamokes. Go up 93. And he also said, and I quote.... Hopefully Ray will get lucky driving through Ely late at night. Sheep love a full moon!!!!!. :rollside: I thought this was wrong Ray. By the way, RCL sends his love to all of you. Especially Sammons. I guess Dave has his # if you know what I mean. :rollside:

Moneypitt
06-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Now I know why RCL likes to camp on the fairway, they use sheep to cut the grass instead if lawnmowers..........Hmmmmmmmmm........this could get ugly in the wee hours of the morning.......Just remember Lou, sheep can hear a zipper from 100 yds, thats why the Scots wear kilts.............Ray
PS: Billy are you sure RCL said that? Remember 1/2 that state are Lous

Rattle Can Lou
06-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Ray, Grab ahold of yourself Son. Of course it wasnt me that said it. It was made up in the way back corner of a gnat brain. This brain happens to belong to one lonely, beleagured, dumb, incredulous, moronic, and helpless boat painter who inhabits Downland, Californeee. Where men are men and sheep are scared...RCL, see ya in Burlllleeee, Idaho...Land of Lous and Louella's.

Dave Sammons
06-15-2006, 07:09 PM
FYI...Me and Dossangers will be meeting Billy B at the Pilot Truck Stop at the Craig Road exit in Las Vegas at 10am, Wednesday the 22nd, to head up to the 93 and then on to Burley. Any of you guys that want to run across the Desert with us, are more than WELCOME!!

BILLY.B
06-15-2006, 08:00 PM
FYI...Me and Dossangers will be meeting Billy B at the Pilot Truck Stop at the Craig Road exit in Las Vegas at 10am, Wednesday the 22nd, to head up to the 93 and then on to Burley. Any of you guys that want to run across the Desert with us, are more than WELCOME!!I'm on my own Chief!!!. No way i'm following a diesel pusher that will resemble Spakoli's VW bus from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". :rollside: :rollside: :D

Dave Sammons
06-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm on my own Chief!!!. No way i'm following a diesel pusher that will resemble Spakoli's VW bus from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". :rollside: :rollside: :D
ALLRIGHT! ALLRIGHT! You're the one with the K Boat! You can be the Wagonmaster :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess that means I'll have to follow Wayne as well!!! As far as Spakoli's bus...I don't remember Vodka pouring down the steps when the door opened?? :confused: :confused:

BILLY.B
06-15-2006, 08:26 PM
ALLRIGHT! ALLRIGHT! You're the one with the K Boat! You can be the Wagonmaster :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess that means I'll have to follow Wayne as well!!! As far as Spakoli's bus...I don't remember Vodka pouring down the steps when the door opened?? :confused: :confused:Your right...It didn't. But there was a party going on, RIGHT?. And talking with RCL today, he said you were bringing a 55 gallon drum of Grey Goose for him. :rollside:

Dave Sammons
06-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Your right...It didn't. But there was a party going on, RIGHT?. And talking with RCL today, he said you were bringing a 55 gallon drum of Grey Goose for him. :rollside:
As well as a set of suspenders, because after he drinks the Vodka:messedup: :messedup:, He'll have to wear the drum like that one Denver Bronco fan, since he just spent BIG BUCKS for that new camper of his!! I'm SURE he told you ALL about it when he called! :cry: :cry:

BILLY.B
06-15-2006, 08:45 PM
As well as a set of suspenders, because after he drinks the Vodka:messedup: :messedup:, He'll have to wear the drum like that one Denver Bronco fan, since he just spent BIG BUCKS for that new camper of his!! I'm SURE he told you ALL about it when he called! :cry: :cry:Yeah he did :rollside: . I just don't see him cranking the deal up. You know the one. It's one of those campers that looks like it's been crushed. Then you crank it up and walla. Instant full size camper. I told him not to worry about it. He'd fit in it without the cranking. :D :D

Dave Sammons
06-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah he did :rollside: . I just don't see him cranking the deal up. You know the one. It's one of those campers that looks like it's been crushed. Then you crank it up and walla. Instant full size camper. I told him not to worry about it. He'd fit in it without the cranking. :D :D
He also told me it came with an outside speaker system, so, he could play his theme song from the "Wizard Of Oz"...."Weee represent the Lollypop Kids, the Lollypop Kids, the Lollypop kids...."

FlatStupid
06-15-2006, 08:57 PM
This is to easy! The boats are gonna be parked. I'm sure I can drink more Vodka than either one of the two HOMOS from the SPUD PICKERS PARADISE! JMHO CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lightsabe :lightsabe

BILLY.B
06-16-2006, 05:11 AM
He also told me it came with an outside speaker system, so, he could play his theme song from the "Wizard Of Oz"...."Weee represent the Lollypop Kids, the Lollypop Kids, the Lollypop kids...."PERFECT...Ticket sales will pay for the weekend. On another topic about RCL. I was watching a segment of "Sports Center" the other night and they had a deal about the Chicago Bears of the mid 80's. And low and behold there was RCL walking the side lines (Buddy Ryan). Yelling and spitting while he yelled and for the ones who weren't listening he was hitting players on the helmet. RCL showing up at the wierdest places. :rollside:

BILLY.B
06-16-2006, 05:14 AM
This is to easy! The boats are gonna be parked. I'm sure I can drink more Vodka than either one of the two HOMOS from the SPUD PICKERS PARADISE! JMHO CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lightsabe :lightsabeWOW. I don't know what would be more exciting. A K race or watching you trying to out do the "LOU BROS DRINKING TEAM". Will the "Fish Eye appear?. :rollside:

vdriver4ever
06-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Easy Flat Stupid... I may not be the race car driver I once was but I can still drink!

Rattle Can Lou
06-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Hey, Hey, hey, put me in coach, I can still drink. You guys are killing me. I"mam going to start drinking tonight on my way to Yakima. That way I will be in good practice for the next weekend. Hey, any of you Hot Boat Homo's that want to come by and see my new camper you are more than welcome. My brother Lou will fix ya up with a cocktail and I will give tours of the new "home away from home". Ray, I would'nt bitch about the cost of Burley. It only cost my about 14,000.oo to go and hang out with a bunch of wannabe racers.....Look for the blue truck with the white camper...RCL
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/autobody9/camper.jpg

Moneypitt
06-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Lou, I might bitch and moan about the expense of boat racing, but for some strange reason I keep showing up. I'm serving that "life sentence without the possibilty of parole", that is this addiction we call boat racing..........No tire smoke, but all the other sights and smells are there, even nitro this time!!.....Ray
PS Sign me up for the camper guided tour with refreshments along the way.

Dave Sammons
06-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey, any of you Hot Boat Homo's that want to come by and see my new camper you are more than welcome. My brother Lou will fix ya up with a cocktail and I will give tours of the new "home away from home". It only cost my about 14,000.oo to go and hang out with a bunch of wannabe racers...RCL
Pat sent me the real photo Lou...It really is a home away from home! She's a beauty!!! RCL...drinkin' another one pretty!!http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/alcoholic.gif
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517redneck_motor_home.jpg

Moneypitt
06-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Pat sent me the real photo Lou...It really is a home away from home! She's a beauty!!! RCL...drinkin' another one pretty!!http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/alcoholic.gif
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517redneck_motor_home.jpg
That aint it, I know cause that windshield sun visor was extra, and he didn't want any "ups or extras", just the basic unit...........Ray

Life's Rough
06-16-2006, 10:44 PM
This is to easy! The boats are gonna be parked. I'm sure I can drink more Vodka than either one of the two HOMOS from the SPUD PICKERS PARADISE! JMHO CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lightsabe :lightsabe
Craig, I hope I am your team mate againsnt these novices!!

FlatStupid
06-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Craig, I hope I am your team mate againsnt these novices!!Pat, I'm sure we can crush those 2 " Lou" sers. It's that so called cracker box pilot that's got me scared!!!!!!!!

Dave Sammons
06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm sure we can crush those 2 " Lou" sers.
Great Line!!!http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/loser.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/loser.gif I think there is really only one in the entire Lou Family that fits the term though, trust me you all will figure it out when you meet them, just say the word "STOLI" and see which one starts droooling! Oh, and he'll be the one doing ALL the talking!http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/blah.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/blah.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/blah.gif
It's that so called cracker box pilot that's got me scared!!!!!!!!
Don't worry about little ol' me. I'll be on my best behaviour! I still gotta strap a helmet and jacket on at some point during the weekend! :crossx: http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/slomo.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/slomo.gif
PS...The SOCAL Convoy will be meeting at the 138 exit on the Cajon Pass at 6am Wednesday, or the Craig Road exit outside Las Vegas at 10am, or somewhere in Burley no later than 6pm for Cocktails, if any of you want to roll up with us! :D :D

Rattle Can Lou
06-20-2006, 06:35 AM
"lil ol me". You have got to be kidding there McFly. This homey dont roll that way. Did somebody say Stoli....hhhmmmmm, breakfast of champions. I will do all the humor and all the talking...Where's "Hud Smoke" in all of this frivolity? Is the big guy coming to play in the land of potatoes and beer.