PDA

View Full Version : boat insurance co. won't renew

partytime
05-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Anyone ever reen refused a renewal on thier boat insurance due to a comprehensive (damage) claim? If so, how did you provide insurance? I got a letter from Allstate that basically said thanks for your 6 years of business, go somewhere else.
I have 2 months before it expires but I would really appreciate some advice and help since I don't want to wait until then.

91nordic29
05-31-2006, 09:49 AM
what kind of boat?

NeedlesNut
05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
I think the kind of boat and also where you boat could be a factor as well. AAA will not insure you if you utilize Parker for all your boating. At least when I obtained insurance they wouldn't. They indicated to me if you boat on Parker strip occasionally as they stated then not a problem but if all our boating was to be there they would not insure us.

RitcheyRch
05-31-2006, 11:05 AM
AAA told me the same thing a few months back. They said they have had to many losses on that stretch and thats why they dont insure that area.
I think the kind of boat and also where you boat could be a factor as well. AAA will not insure you if you utilize Parker for all your boating. At least when I obtained insurance they wouldn't. They indicated to me if you boat on Parker strip occasionally as they stated then not a problem but if all our boating was to be there they would not insure us.

Lavey29
05-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Anyone ever reen refused a renewal on thier boat insurance due to a comprehensive (damage) claim? If so, how did you provide insurance? I got a letter from Allstate that basically said thanks for your 6 years of business, go somewhere else.
I have 2 months before it expires but I would really appreciate some advice and help since I don't want to wait until then.
Allstate insurance sucks. They did the same thing to me with my home owners insurance. I had been with them for 11 years and made 2 claims in one year totally a $900 payout from Allstate. They cancelled me. Call Tom Wright State Farm insurance up in northern cali. They took great care of me. I pay $640 for a 29' boat with 80k coverage and no lay up...

BajaMike
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
If you are current or former military, try USAA....they are the best.
USAA Web Site----see if you qualify (https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon)
:rollside: :idea: