PDA

View Full Version : A picture is Worth a Thousand words!

EyeBallingU
05-31-2006, 04:53 PM
I happen to come across this RARE picture I had taken YEARS back
I really showing my age NOW kinda!
But anywho I showed this picture to george @ ARS Marine
and He was impressed!! He told me that The person in that Picture is BIG time Fast NOW!
Also I pointed out the Rooster Booster!'
http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/6793/scannedimage9zi.jpg
Can any of you guy's point out who everyone is? :idea:
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6227/scannedimage25ij.jpg

bergen
05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
the kid on the bike is jerry mathers ( as the beaver )

Cs19
05-31-2006, 06:35 PM
I noticed the rooster booster as well, also looks like they are running a gearbox.
Where were these pics taken? Thanks for sharing, those are way cool.

Duane HTP
05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
The guy in the blue shirt is Don Bowers. Is that at Momince, IL?

NELSON#109
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
I noticed the rooster booster as well, also looks like they are running a gearbox.
chris you big fag, i dont see a gear box, but i do see a clutch i think... you need to hang arround the v-drive pits a bit more... if im wrong about this, ill buy you ( the worst friend ever ) a few frosty malty beverages... btw, no dice on mex this weekend, would love to; but i gotta crazy helecopter job this weekend.... BEAT IT... come to think of it, i should go with you and do a crazy helecopter job on another hooker....

SHIFTY
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
THE GUY WITH THE 'KENNY G' MULLET, IS THE GUY THAT WISHES YOU HADN't POSTED THIS PIC ON THE INTERNET...

Cs19
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
chris you big fag, i dont see a gear box, but i do see a clutch i think... you need to hang arround the v-drive pits a bit more... if im wrong about this, ill buy you ( the worst friend ever ) a few frosty malty beverages... btw, no dice on mex this weekend, would love to; but i gotta crazy helecopter job this weekend.... BEAT IT... come to think of it, i should go with you and do a crazy helecopter job on another hooker....
well it looks like the gear box that Owens Makes. I saw one a few weeks ago, it looked very similar.
Hang in the vdrive pits?? I'll pass. Beat it.

Cs19
05-31-2006, 08:23 PM
What would the clutch be used for anyways? Its got to be a gear box (Engine turns high rpm/jet-drive turns low rpm)

sdba069
05-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey Duane... Kinda reminds you of the old downtown Wichita race course.

EyeBallingU
05-31-2006, 10:22 PM
THE GUY WITH THE 'KENNY G' MULLET, IS THE GUY THAT WISHES YOU HADN't POSTED THIS PIC ON THE INTERNET...
Only if YOU knew who that WAS :idea:
ThatÂ’s Mr. Excitement

EyeBallingU
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
What would the clutch be used for anyways? Its got to be a gear box (Engine turns high rpm/jet-drive turns low rpm)
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding
Chris you are correct!

EyeBallingU
05-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Did anyone notice the Motor in the Hydro letting loose
i gota see if i can find a pic of the motor in that hydro rods were hanging out the pan :idea:

Mighty Thor
05-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Can any of you guy's point out who everyone is? :idea:
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6227/scannedimage25ij.jpg
The guy under the bridge, third from the left is my unkle Ralph. :rollside: I don't know the rest of those people though.

Old Guy
06-01-2006, 04:56 AM
I really showing my age NOW kinda!
But anywho I showed this picture to george @ ARS Marine
and He was impressed!! He told me that The person in that Picture is BIG time Fast NOW!
That's my wife with her back to the camera......she was a blond then, she's wearing a red shirt. I told her to stay away from those people.
old

publicnuisance
06-01-2006, 07:32 AM
The picture is of scott and ray lumberts blown fuel jet,the people in the pictures are scott,ray and don bowers.this is public nuisance 619.I would like to know if you all have any more of this boat. my intrest is real because I own this jet now without the capsule.Are there any pic before capsule.This is a big time fast jet and scott is real fast in TFH. thanks

Dish_Ninja
06-01-2006, 12:12 PM
The picture is of scott and ray lumberts blown fuel jet,the people in the pictures are scott,ray and don bowers.this is public nuisance 619.I would like to know if you all have any more of this boat. my intrest is real because I own this jet now without the capsule.Are there any pic before capsule.This is a big time fast jet and scott is real fast in TFH. thanks
Pretty cool boat... :)

maxwedge
06-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Always nice when the current owner shows up to claim his boat. I'm going to guess the year as 1992 and the place as the Kankakee River in IL (It's definitly not AZ). Did I win anything?

EyeBallingU
06-01-2006, 04:31 PM
MaxWedge
you didnt win. looser
The place was Ottawa,IL about 1996-97
In the pic you cant really see RAY but you can see Scotty.
and im sure i have some other pics. but ive got drawers and drawers of all kinds of pics.
il see if i can sift thru some and see what i come up with publicnuisance.

EyeBallingU
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
That's my wife with her back to the camera......she was a blond then, she's wearing a red shirt. I told her to stay away from those people.
old
sorry to here that

maxwedge
06-01-2006, 06:07 PM
MaxWedge
you didnt win. looser
The place was Ottawa,IL about 1996-97.
I was gonna say Ottawa, but I changed my mind at the last second. All the 80's cars in the lot threw me off on the year...and the clothing styles looked late 80's too. Come to think of it, not much has changed in Ottawa since then has it. :p C'mon, I was only about 40 miles upstream...and four measly little years away from guessing the time and place. Don't I at least get a free ARS t-shirt or something.:D

steelcomp
06-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I believe that's a planetary gear box.
Cool jet. :D

NELSON#109
06-01-2006, 10:24 PM
very true my friend... i believe the clutch was used as a nuetral.... the clutch in pulido's TAF came out of a top fuel jet ( place craft ), and i have seen another tfj that i believe had a clutch, could be wrong about that one tooooooo.... it's blue and white... dont know the name, but it was a flatty and it had Advantage boats stickers on it.... never saw it run good..... i guess i owe you some brew...

publicnuisance
06-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Well guy,s it is not a clutch on the motor,but it is the deal that made the boat run the numbers.The first time Scott drove the boat was 1997 .Picture years 1996-97 are correct.Ray told everybody it was a clutch,he didn't want any body to know.We are restoring Publicnuisance to pre capsule days and I have a few pic's Scott gave me,but more would helpful....The 619 with a 590 NOS motor runs low 8's at high 130,s. Old PLacecrafts sure run strong in the right configuration..JUST THOUGH YOU JET GUYS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW,CLAMP ON'S DO NOT LIKE THIS BOAT.Upholding the jet speed in Fla.

cyclone
06-02-2006, 09:23 AM
keep posting pics. would love to see more of this boat.