PDA

View Full Version : got alittle crazy...

shaun
05-31-2006, 04:55 PM
While sanding the back of the dash so that i had a even surface to clamp and glass the new 3/4" plywood too i managed to accidently let the back of the sander run on the edge of the dash. Luckily i caught it before it did any damage to the gel but now i need to fix this. My screw up is in a 6" section just left of the steering hole. The damange varys but one area is pretty thin... it's only about a 1" section but it's like maybe 3-5 peices of paper thick.
The question now is how do i fix this? do i just build up the areas with new glass? if so how do i keep it tight seeing how the boat is right side up and gravity would be wanting to pull the glass away. Also what type of glass and OZ. should i use? I have a 50ft roll of 8" wide 8oz cloth tape but not sure if thats what i should use. Also i ran accross somthing today called glass filler. Looks like it's the fiber glass equivilent to bondo or somthing. would i use that, would it be strong enough? I'm pretty mad at my self, i was thinking i would have been done with this already and now i got my self in a jam.

shaun
05-31-2006, 11:02 PM
bump

speed freak
06-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Try the resin jelly with the cloth that you have. I used the resin jelly with fiberglass matt upside down and had no problems with it. Found the jelly at Ace hardware. :cool: