PDA

View Full Version : heads

Rick Reiling
05-31-2006, 04:56 PM
hey guys im kinna new here, my brother and me have the exact same boat, mines a little faster ha, ha, im selling his for him in the spam section, anyhow, he has stock heads on a 350. i was told if we changed the heads to the vortec heads, and put a diffrent intake on it, it would run faster, is this true? its a 50 mph boat now, dont wanna spend alot, would it be worth the money to do this set-up? thanks for the help guys :)

77charger
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
hey guys im kinna new here, my brother and me have the exact same boat, mines a little faster ha, ha, im selling his for him in the spam section, anyhow, he has stock heads on a 350. i was told if we changed the heads to the vortec heads, and put a diffrent intake on it, it would run faster, is this true? its a 50 mph boat now, dont wanna spend alot, would it be worth the money to do this set-up? thanks for the help guys :)
if you are selling it not worth the extra cash for heads to gain very little.You might see about 25-35hp gain from heads and intake which in mph terms not much to feela difference.about 500-700 bucks for the heads and intake.Put the money into the pump you might be happier