PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Skaternation

buzzaro
05-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I saw a 24' Skater for sale with twin 2.5's. The asking price was 250k. Is there something I dont know? This seems like an insanely high price for a 24'. Is there something about this boat that could possibly command that much $? This is a serious question, I was blown away when I saw it and couldnt understand it, maybe someone here who knows more than me about Skaters (or any of the real baller boats for that matter :) ) could shed some light.

Run_em_Hard
05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
I am no expert but that is way too high. Must be a typo or some insane add-ons.

buzzaro
05-31-2006, 06:08 PM
I am no expert but that is way too high. Must be a typo or some insane add-ons.
Pretty much my take as well, but then again I dont even know anyone that owns a Skater. :messedup:

Run_em_Hard
05-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Ya thats outrageous...you can step into 32' with sterlings and #6 drives for less than that. Check out www.offshoreonly.com they have a few skaters for sale.

BoatFloating
05-31-2006, 06:46 PM
I saw a 24' Skater for sale with twin 2.5's. The asking price was 250k. Is there something I dont know? This seems like an insanely high price for a 24'. Is there something about this boat that could possibly command that much $? This is a serious question, I was blown away when I saw it and couldnt understand it, maybe someone here who knows more than me about Skaters (or any of the real baller boats for that matter :) ) could shed some light.
Typo for sure. Depending on what year it's more like $25K

Roxysnow
05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
What are you talking about! That Skater owner was probably a DCB owner too! Don't those boats go up in value........... :confused: Most likely a typo!

andy01
05-31-2006, 07:05 PM
It's a Skater......... I think it is like $150K and it is a one off canopy 24'. I heard it cost a lot to build, but then agian Skater is the only true custom boat builder. You want it, they'll build it. There is probably a lot of after lay up work to the deck to get the canopys laid in wright.
Andy