PDA

View Full Version : top end recommendation for sbc?

272 LS
06-01-2006, 08:30 AM
I am looking for a top end recommendation. I have twin sbc that are stock repowered in 01. I want a comrehensive top end recomendation on heads cam and intake combo. Here is what i have decided so far and others i am also considering. All of them claim roughly 400+ horse power. If anyone know where I can pick some of this stuff up used or reconditioned that would be cool too. I do have to buy 2 of everything.
this is the top of my list right now in order
Trick flow heads
Victor jr intake
comp cam 12-244
Edelbrock RPM pwoer pkg
edelbroch RPM head intake and cam
then the Holley systemax II kit
Holley Heads
lunati cam
holley intake

WannabeRacing
06-02-2006, 01:51 PM
To be completely honest, for longevity, durability, performance and price, why not use one of the cast iron heads? The Dart Platinum Iron Eagle series are awesome heads. So are the Pro Lightning heads. From our testing, there is no more power, and in many cases, less power in the edelbrock and holley heads.
You can get a set with great valves, great parts and race ready for $900 bucks a set. Also, the air gap intakes from edelbrock and others are great to keep the carb cool in long running applications like boats. Make great power too.
As for cams and lifters, most are the same- made by a few various companies around, and packaged differently. No difference in materials, performance, etc. Just a name tag and price. I like Doug Herbert stuff. Really inexpensive, great cams and lifters.
You want names and numbers of where to get the best stuff for the best prices, PM me.
Good luck with the project.