PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Bezer molds anyone building them??

flattie
06-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone has the molds to build one for me?

FlakeyDandruffKid
06-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Dave Rankin(Wildchild80) has the canary mold which the SS-80/SS-55/SS-70(canary Pride)/The new K-5 capsule ...PM him for more info

Kurtis500
06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
are these the molds that Steele Marine used to have? if not, whatever happened to those?

WannabeRacing
06-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Steele had the original biesemeyer molds.
They were sold in the mess that went to Ed. Then off from there.
Rankin has the Canary molds. That is a full width boat as well. Just a biesemeyer with a few more strakes and some massaging.
As for the bezer molds, I have never seen them and have no idea.

dmontzsta
06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
I would go with a Canary, they seem to get the job done. :)

WannabeRacing
06-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Canarys are absolutely awesome. But not the only route.
I seem to remember Lance's canary never really running quite as well as his old standard 78' biesemeyer.
And for that matter, isn't there a Canary already rigged and ready to run ps/ss, on this board, just add engine for just over 10K?

FlakeyDandruffKid
06-01-2006, 03:10 PM
That is true Wannabe. Jeff Brochheuser is selling his SS/PS - 68 boat. This is a Great boat Very Fast. On a side note I am acutally Capturing the footage of the grudge race and SS-711/SS-501 crash as i type this.. :cool:

boatguy222
06-01-2006, 07:15 PM
The true Ray Brown Bezer mold, I believe is still owned by Mr Jim Foster, in lake Havasu.
I don't think that there has been a boat out of that mold since the early 90's. The most others molds above variations of orginal Biesemeyer mold.
check your pm's

cowboybob
06-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Foster has the Bezer Molds.
I talked to him last Year about purchasing them, spoke to Billy as well to get his thoughts.
I was a little concerned because there are 2 other Bezer Molds floating around right now. 1 is in Canada (Trechovka's) the other I cannot remember who or where it is.
Ron Bolton's passing brings to light the question of what might happen to the Kelron-Spitfire Mold, I know he popped at least 2 out in the last couple Years.
d'Cucci has a Mold and out of everyone seemed the most motivated to build Boats.
Hallett still has the Barron Sprint Mold, not all that interested in doing anything with it last time I spoke to them.
Phil Bergeron has a Biesemeyer Mold I believe.
What's interesting is that while doing the research on the Patent Issues associated with "intellectual properties" and Boats specifically, I recall a "Statute of Limitations" on Patents based on the "First Boat Produced" from a given design or Mold.
Based on a guesstimate of 1996-1997 for the most recent Flatbottom designs or re-designs, that would mean that the 20 Year number is/will be passing and NONE of the designs are portected from "Splashing".
Now, I am not an Attorney or Expert on this but I will say that based on what I found I was turned off by the thought of dropping 20K on a Mold and having someone splash a Boat that I popped out of it.
Bottom Line is this:
Mr. Foster was VERY informative and knowledgeable and seems pretty interested in selling his Mold. If someone was to buy it, you could probably make a few Bucks to support your Racing, not much more.
As far as most of the other Builders, they really do not have much interest in doing anything with Flatties and the Molds are not For Sale.
Pretty soon the "Old" Boats are going to be used up and someone's going to have to build some new ones.
Who's it going to be?????????

schiada96
06-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Did anyone talk to Lee at Schiada, didn't he make a carbonfiber boat?

cowboybob
06-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Did anyone talk to Lee at Schiada, didn't he make a carbonfiber boat?
Not sure about Schiada.
As far as "AWOL" Molds are concerned:
There are Numerous Biesemeyer Molds out there, as well as:
The "Leach" "Daytona" or "Sundown Marine" Mold......
The "Revenge" Mold............
The "Riviera" Mold or "Cut Down Barron" Mold..........
I just Re-Read an E-Mail from Mel in Canada, he has a "Wide" and a "Narrow" B-Boat Mold. Narrow was allegedly a Splash of Angel Fire but I think he has a T-Deck on his Boat.

FlatStupid
06-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Lee at Schiada is laying up boats with the Canary mold that Mr. Rankin is currently caretaking.

ColeTR2
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Does Foster have the small Bezer Mold like billy b's boat. That's the one to find. I thought it was in Las Vegas and that some fireman own it. :confused:

cowboybob
06-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Does Foster have the small Bezer Mold like billy b's boat. That's the one to find. I thought it was in Las Vegas and that some fireman own it. :confused:
Foster is in Havasu and he is a Fireman.
Yes, it's the "Small" Boat, the Bezer not the Biesemeyer.

ssmike
06-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Yes, it's the "Small" Boat, the Bezer not the Biesemeyer.
Hi Bob. I don't mean to nitpick this point but thought that all interested parties who care about these boats would like to know the following:
The "small boat" was Julian's deal. Therefore, the Julian small boats, like mine (Cherokee Maiden) are Biesemeyers.
When the mold was sold to Ray Brown, the name was not part of the package. As a result, the name "Bezer" was used as an alternative.
Mine = Biesemeyer
Billy = Bezer
but from the same mold.

cowboybob
06-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi Bob. I don't mean to nitpick this point but thought that all interested parties who care about these boats would like to know the following:
The "small boat" was Julian's deal. Therefore, the Julian small boats, like mine (Cherokee Maiden) are Biesemeyers.
When the mold was sold to Ray Brown, the name was not part of the package. As a result, the name "Bezer" was used as an alternative.
Mine = Biesemeyer
Billy = Bezer
but from the same mold.
Yes, I forgot about that did'nt I ?????
I am not sure, but maybe you know, how many "J.P. Little Boats" were built before the Molds were sold to Ray Brown???
Foster did indicate that he had not popped a Boat out in a Long, Long, time. I don't know how many "Bezers" there are out there..........
What I do recall, since we are on the Mold subject, is that Ron Bolton had the Spitfire Plug in his folks Garage up until a few Years ago when it was disposed of at the Dump, said he almost pulled the Rafters Down trying to hoist it up!
I wonder if all the other "Plug Boats" are long Gone????

cyclone
06-02-2006, 12:12 PM
it is a pretty common practice for a boat builder to destroy the plug after the mold is made from it. they take up space and you also have the obvious risk of someone else getting their hands on the plug and making their own mold from it. i'd venture to guess that the plugs for many of the good molds are long gone.

canam10
06-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Not sure about Schiada.
I just Re-Read an E-Mail from Mel in Canada, he has a "Wide" and a "Narrow" B-Boat Mold. Narrow was allegedly a Splash of Angel Fire but I think he has a T-Deck on his Boat.
Mel just left my house a little while ago. He dropped off some hardware he built for my new little D'cucci Starfire he is helping me put togeather. He will be back here Sunday when he returns from the Carlie,Pa Ford parts meet. Mel does have both molds. He also has a couple different deck molds. The narrow mold he has was taken from a boat built by Julian for Mike Rexford. Mike sold it to a guy in Quebec and Mel did some work on it and ended up with it. The wide boat is a splash taken from Stevie Smith's Angel Fire( the one that was tons of different metal flake colors). Mel purchased the boat from Stevie and raced it as a SS and than later as a CanAm. He still has both molds and said he maybe interested in doing something again. He still has a new boat (wide) with a capsule he may sell. Tim

cowboybob
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
http://www.wannaberacing.com/boat.html
These cats are building them out of Carbon

Sanger D
06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Mine = Biesemeyer
Billy = Bezer
but from the same mold.............................................. .................................................. .....................This is correct!!(truitt Beal ) told me the same thing,...I have a narrow Julian boat that IS a biesemeyer, was built for bob jenkel.It is a perfect condition boat,could'nt someone splash a new mold from a streight boat?????

Sanger D
06-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Almost forgot,I beleive that julian made less than 20 of the narrow boats and you would be lucky to find 5 in exestance that are worth a crap now,(all the rest are wrecked or just completely hammered).

cowboybob
06-02-2006, 12:59 PM
.................................................. .................................................. ................This is correct!!(truitt Beal ) told me the same thing,...I have a narrow Julian boat that IS a biesemeyer, was built for bob jenkel.It is a perfect condition boat,could'nt someone splash a new mold from a streight boat?????
Well, let's make it clear that I am not myself going to, or suggesting that anyone else, "Splash" a Hull that is someone else's design.
Part of the reason that I never bought a Mold was because I do not think there is any patent protection at this point on any of the designs out there.
As far as your question, yes, you really are wasting your time trying to Splash anything other than a Perfect Hull. I would also guess that you would want to reinforce the heck out of and make any changes to the "Plug" Boat you are Splashing off of, much easier than modding the Mold.

cowboybob
06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
it is a pretty common practice for a boat builder to destroy the plug after the mold is made from it. they take up space and you also have the obvious risk of someone else getting their hands on the plug and making their own mold from it. i'd venture to guess that the plugs for many of the good molds are long gone.
True.
But the whole deal with the patent issue was that you had to be able to produce (when sued for infringement) a "Plug" that was used to make the Mold.
It also had to be a "Plug" made from scratch, not an existing Boat with Bondo added to it to "change it by 10%"

Sanger D
06-02-2006, 01:54 PM
It seems kinda sad that no one would let someone else splash a boat if the other party was not making them anymore, seems like there is a market,I'm sure if someone was to start making hulls they would sell.From what I've been told,people are racing some boats that probably should'nt be raceing,a need for new hulls is in the air!!!!!,but I could deffinatly understand not wanting to disrespect someone for making their boat.I'm totaly blessed that I found the boat I have now,will NEVER sell this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dossangers
06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
It seems kinda sad that no one would let someone else splash a boat if the other party was not making them anymore, seems like there is a market,I'm sure if someone was to start making hulls they would sell.From what I've been told,people are racing some boats that probably should'nt be raceing,a need for new hulls is in the air!!!!!,but I could deffinatly understand not wanting to disrespect someone for making their boat.I'm totaly blessed that I found the boat I have now,will NEVER sell this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!By the way wheres some pics of your BOAT?

olbiezer
06-02-2006, 03:32 PM
iam with wayne on this one sanger where are the pic's brother?

Sanger D
06-02-2006, 04:12 PM
SOON very soon,the boat is totaly stripped and everything is getting sent out to be re-anoed and the gunnel boards are getting redone(I want the inside to be preem!!!!!!!!!!!!!gotta get the gear box to and from JJ.hey doss,? can you pm me your chrome dudes # thanks hope alls well.

dmontzsta
06-02-2006, 04:27 PM
yeah...pics please. :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Not sure about Schiada.
what is a leach Daytona? :confused:
The Riviera mold and the cut down Barron are 2 differnent boats with similar decks.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Ron Bolton's passing brings to light the question of what might happen to the Kelron-Spitfire Mold, I know he popped at least 2 out in the last couple Years.
They told me they were going to destroy the molds. That would make John Guthries boat the last one built.
d'Cucci has a Mold and out of everyone seemed the most motivated to build Boats.
Are you saying he sounded like he needed the money the most? :)
Now, I am not an Attorney or Expert on this but I will say that based on what I found I was turned off by the thought of dropping 20K on a Mold and having someone splash a Boat that I popped out of it.
Bottom Line is this:
Mr. Foster was VERY informative and knowledgeable and seems pretty interested in selling his Mold. If someone was to buy it, you could probably make a few Bucks to support your Racing, not much more.
What I'm baffold by is the idea that someone even kicks around the idea of dropping 20 large on another splash when guys with decades of building and racing experience will sell you a boat today.
As far as most of the other Builders, they really do not have much interest in doing anything with Flatties and the Molds are not For Sale.
Pretty soon the "Old" Boats are going to be used up and someone's going to have to build some new ones.
Who's it going to be?????????
Huhhhhhh???? Canary, D'Cucci, Revenge, and until recently Kelron would be happy to build anyone a boat! :confused:

FlatStupid
06-02-2006, 06:59 PM
One thing really is missing here. These are specialty boats. Whatever happens with a circle boat is for love, and not one of you brillant JACKOFF'S is gonna make a dime. JMHO. :mad:

GofastRacer
06-02-2006, 07:26 PM
"d'Cucci has a Mold and out of everyone seemed the most motivated to build Boats."
Joey don't need the money, all he wants is to have another boat out there!..

FlatStupid
06-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Art, Joey jumped in and saved our a-- after Parker. Did a great job at a more than fair price. I will not forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norseman
06-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Joey don't need the money, all he wants is to have another boat out there!..
Art;
Were did the mold Joey has come from, is it one of the originals or is it a splash that D'Cucci did of a Beze?
If it's a splash anyone know off whose boat?
Bob

dmontzsta
06-02-2006, 07:45 PM
They told me they were going to destroy the molds. That would make John Guthries boat the last one built.
Is this true? I sure hope not, that would be a shame to see them go. :( Thanks again for taking me to the Mad Doggs shop that day, it is something I will never forget. Guthries boat was the one Ron was working on right? that thing was awesome. I remember you telling me and Ron his stuff was all "top notch and heavy duty, nothing but the best" and he was VERY humble about it. :)

GofastRacer
06-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Art, Joey jumped in and saved our a-- after Parker. Did a great job at a more than fair price. I will not forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Craig, Joey's dad and I been friends for a long time and Joey is just like his dad, both will go out of their way to help anyone in need!...

GofastRacer
06-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Art;
Were did the mold Joey has come from, is it one of the originals or is it a splash that D'Cucci did of a Beze?
If it's a splash anyone know off whose boat?
Bob
Bob,
It's not a Bezer it's the wide one from back in the day and it's from a Revenge, and Don changed the deck and put a T-Deck on it and took the raised section down the center of the deck off!..

Norseman
06-03-2006, 05:06 AM
Bob,
It's not a Bezer it's the wide one from back in the day and it's from a Revenge, and Don changed the deck and put a T-Deck on it and took the raised section down the center of the deck off!..
Art;
Is that the hull and the same deck you have?
Bob

Norseman
06-03-2006, 05:07 AM
As an FYI here is a Nice Barron SS boat for sale
Barron (http://www.v-driveboat.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2389)
Bob

GofastRacer
06-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Art;
Is that the hull and the same deck you have?
Bob
I don't have a D'Cucci at this time, mine is a Daytona!..

Norseman
06-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't have a D'Cucci at this time, mine is a Daytona!..
I need to make a list, of who's got what...... :cool: :cool:

cowboybob
06-05-2006, 05:49 AM
What I'm baffold by is the idea that someone even kicks around the idea of dropping 20 large on another splash when guys with decades of building and racing experience will sell you a boat today.
Huhhhhhh???? Canary, D'Cucci, Revenge, and until recently Kelron would be happy to build anyone a boat! :confused:
No disrespect to anyone else and I was not implying that anyone "Needed Money" but D'Cucci , for lack of a better way to put it, was INTERESTED in building Boats. The Canary Hulls and the Revenge I do not know about as far as who has the Molds. Barron-Hallett quoted an outrageous number for a Hull and said that they would not build it till the "off season".
As far as the "dropping 20K on a Splash", maybe you misunderstood? The Mold I was interested in, and still am to a certain extent, is the ORIGINAL SMALL BIESEMEYER, not a "splash".
It does not take a Rocket Scientist to set up a Bezer since it essentially a matter of using the numbers from existing Boats.
Perhaps what you were referring to was the "Layup Schedules"?
As far as that goes, again, I personally would not buy a Mold without the Templates (for the Wood) and Schedules for Layup.

cowboybob
06-05-2006, 05:59 AM
On a different Note:
Interested in buiilding a Vintage Hydro?????
The Molds for the "Howard" Hydro are available.
It's a Shovelnose from the 60's is what I am told, good looking Boat and very similar to that SOHC Sanger on the Board/E-Bay.
I think he wants less than a Grand for the Molds.

Kurtis500
06-05-2006, 06:11 AM
I know I posted this a couple years ago, but I want to ask again for those that may have more knowledge about it. My dad's boat from way back when was a 69 Aqua Craft. Story I was told is that Rusty Biesemeyer took a splash off the botom of this boat here in Phx and it became the first of the circle boats from biesemeyer. When the cap mold was completed, I assume by Rusty designing and building his own, my dad then cut-off the wood deck(mom almost divorced him) and put on the Biesemeyer deck Rusty had made for the recently splashed circle boat mold. I told the story to Phil Bergeron and at Steele marine a number of years ago and they both knew about this as being the order of things. My question is, has anyone else heard this story, and which style of boat is closest to this copy? Where are these molds if they are still around? And does anyone have the closest relative to this copy since I know the molds have changed from place to place. Anyone know where this boat is? My dad says it didn't have a wood bottom but some other sort of material. I might be intersted in doing what Quickjet did with his dads boat. I know my father had it for years and then sold it to a friend in Concord, Ca in 77 or 78 who worked for GE turbine engines. I'll try to post the series of pictures again for this boat. I know circlejerk is on the lookout....

cowboybob
06-05-2006, 06:28 AM
I know I posted this a couple years ago, but I want to ask again for those that may have more knowledge about it. My dad's boat from way back when was a 69 Aqua Craft. Story I was told is that Rusty Biesemeyer took a splash off the botom of this boat here in Phx and it became the first of the circle boats from biesemeyer. When the cap mold was completed, I assume by Rusty designing and building his own, my dad then cut-off the wood deck(mom almost divorced him) and put on the Biesemeyer deck Rusty had made for the recently splashed circle boat mold. I told the story to Phil Bergeron and at Steele marine a number of years ago and they both knew about this as being the order of things. My question is, has anyone else heard this story, and which style of boat is closest to this copy? Where are these molds if they are still around? And does anyone have the closest relative to this copy since I know the molds have changed from place to place. Anyone know where this boat is? My dad says it didn't have a wood bottom but some other sort of material. I might be intersted in doing what Quickjet did with his dads boat. I know my father had it for years and then sold it to a friend in Concord, Ca in 77 or 78 who worked for GE turbine engines. I'll try to post the series of pictures again for this boat. I know circlejerk is on the lookout....
That Purple Longdeck Biesemeyer that went through Billy's Shop not too long ago was one of the "Early" Boats (#00007) but perhaps one of the "Old Timers" recalls which came first? Longdeck or Shortdeck?

beaverfab
06-05-2006, 07:36 AM
COWBOYBOB I did the restration on the Proud Marry TFH and Marry told me the Howard Hydro mold burned shortly after her boat. If you need more info you can PM me and I will give you or anyone interested in the holds her number. Just my .02 j.j. PS I have a 72 longdeck, and a 75 shortdeck, if that helps.

dossangers
06-05-2006, 07:39 AM
I know Jerry v- video knows all about biesemeyers since Julian sat for a hour telling us the entire STORY!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-05-2006, 08:11 AM
No disrespect to anyone else and I was not implying that anyone "Needed Money" but D'Cucci , for lack of a better way to put it, was INTERESTED in building Boats. The Canary Hulls and the Revenge I do not know about as far as who has the Molds. Barron-Hallett quoted an outrageous number for a Hull and said that they would not build it till the "off season".
As far as the "dropping 20K on a Splash", maybe you misunderstood? The Mold I was interested in, and still am to a certain extent, is the ORIGINAL SMALL BIESEMEYER, not a "splash".
It does not take a Rocket Scientist to set up a Bezer since it essentially a matter of using the numbers from existing Boats.
Perhaps what you were referring to was the "Layup Schedules"?
As far as that goes, again, I personally would not buy a Mold without the Templates (for the Wood) and Schedules for Layup.
My D'cucci money reply was an attempt at humor, nothing more. :)
I did get the impression you were considering doing another spash after being discouraged by Hallet and by the quotes below from your other post: What's interesting is that while doing the research on the Patent Issues associated with "intellectual properties" and Boats specifically, I recall a "Statute of Limitations" on Patents based on the "First Boat Produced" from a given design or Mold.
Based on a guesstimate of 1996-1997 for the most recent Flatbottom designs or re-designs, that would mean that the 20 Year number is/will be passing and NONE of the designs are portected from "Splashing".
If your so set on a Bezer why not buy a used one? There are boat out there that are still like new.
This one is for sale, Its not cheap but its cheaper than buying a mold or making a new mold then building a boat. :cool:
Call Billy B. if your interested and if your serious, be prepared to open your wallet for this one. Given your cowboy name maybe this is right up your alley! :)
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Gambler.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Gambler%20001.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-05-2006, 08:13 AM
That Purple Longdeck Biesemeyer that went through Billy's Shop not too long ago was one of the "Early" Boats (#00007) but perhaps one of the "Old Timers" recalls which came first? Longdeck or Shortdeck?
If you want to know the story on origin contact Conrad Murphy. :cool:

Cs19
06-05-2006, 08:26 AM
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Gambler.jpg
That is bad ass, did Billy do that?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-05-2006, 08:34 AM
That is bad ass, did Billy do that?
Yes! :cool:

Kurtis500
06-05-2006, 09:51 AM
If you want to know the story on origin contact Conrad Murphy. :cool:
Dang, theres a name from the past. My dad knows him.
I remember him getting pissed over some lady taking pictures on his Lamborghini at Firebird.
pretty funny.

canam10
06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Yes! :cool:
Is that one of Norm Wood's CanAm boats out of Ontario??

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Thats the same question I asked him but honestly, we got kinda side tracked and I don't remember the answer. It is in Canada! :)

cdnguitarsnboats
06-06-2006, 04:11 AM
Yep, sure is. That boat used to win just about everything in the CBF Quebec/Ontario circuit back in the 90's. We don't get tons of flatbottom rigs up here, so the boat & closed trailer really stood out at the time.
I never knew Billy B. painted that boat. Nice job, as always. The boat looks kind of odd without a number on it, though.
J

BILLY.B
06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Is that one of Norm Wood's CanAm boats out of Ontario??Yes...I did this boat for Norm Woods. I also did a Can Am for Eric Hahn. Both were very fast boats. I also heard that my old K-boat owned by Piere Pompreion (i'm sure I spelled the last name wrong) has the record in Can Am.

the real k-boat king
06-07-2006, 05:43 AM
Canarys are absolutely awesome. But not the only route.
I seem to remember Lance's canary never really running quite as well as his old standard 78' biesemeyer.
And for that matter, isn't there a Canary already rigged and ready to run ps/ss, on this board, just add engine for just over 10K?you should get more info before you make a statement like that, the only reason that we changed to the old boat is because it is a lot lighter than the canary hull, that was the first one out of the mold and was made a little bit to heavy, so on the single pin turns it didn't exsellerate as fast, but if you paid any attention at all the faulkners won the ssra championship with that canary hull.

MAXIMUS
06-07-2006, 05:47 AM
you should get more info before you make a statement like that, the only reason that we changed to the old boat is because it is a lot lighter than the canary hull, that was the first one out of the mold and was made a little bit to heavy, so on the single pin turns it didn't exsellerate as fast, but if you paid any attention at all the faulkners won the ssra championship with that canary hull.
Hmmm... interesting advice...

WannabeRacing
06-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Sorry Gordy.
Didn't mean to upset you again.
Hope this time does not turn out like the last time.
I don't really want to be called those things again.
Don't know why that old Beze was so fast. Light weight? Great bottom work? Just the perfect combo after all those years?
I am just taking what Bill, Ty and Jim stated first hand. Oh yeah, that and a trip to the APBA record books.
I will get better references before I open my un-informed mouth again.
Sorry!
(I guess there is no way an old Biesemeyer or 'Revenge' could ever run with a brand new boat. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.)
http://www.buzzzmiller.com/k69.jpg
Thanks for correcting me.

canam10
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Yes...I did this boat for Norm Woods. I also did a Can Am for Eric Hahn. Both were very fast boats. I also heard that my old K-boat owned by Piere Pompreion (i'm sure I spelled the last name wrong) has the record in Can Am.
Billy,
All three are Beautiful boats all 1st class and run as good as they look !!! I have run against all three in the same race. Also all three drivers drove second to none !!! It sure is possible Pierre could hold the Canadian CanAm record or at least some course records. He would destroy a boat trying!!! and did just that to a few. He's the one that had the Biesemeyer narrow hull(he purchased from Mike Rexford) Mel took the mold from. Did you repaint Eric's boat after the little hammer deal??? Tim

canam10
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=cdnguitarsnboats]Yep, sure is. That boat used to win just about everything in the CBF Quebec/Ontario circuit back in the 90's. We don't get tons of flatbottom rigs up here, so the boat & closed trailer really stood out at the time.
Your 100% right about that. Norm won about everything you could for awhile there. I first met Norm in the late 70's when he came down to my place with a friend of his to pick-up my first Biesemeyer I had sold to his friend (a long deck) that is still running the CanAm circuit and I'm sure has more heats on it than any other Biesemeyers ever built. Norm later purchased the old Dark Side of the Moon K-Boat to start racing. Norm was one of the original organizers of the CanAm class. Norm and his boats were always FIRST Class and it was always a priviledge to run with him. I haven't seen him in about 5 years now hope all is well

Beautiful Noise
06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Craig, Joey's dad and I been friends for a long time and Joey is just like his dad, both will go out of their way to help anyone in need!...
Don is a Great Guy and this statement is so True of Him

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Sent to me by Tim Schulte;
I thought I'd send this picture of one of Mels narrow Temptation Hulls. This was Mel own race boat and it is now owned and raced in CanAm buy Ed Knight. Ed had it For Sale last I knew complete with a 700+ HP 427 for $25,000. His number is (613) 389-0243 Don't know if he sold it or not. Tim
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Mels%20boat.jpg

Sanger D
06-08-2006, 08:20 AM
hey jerry,is that the same mel as the (mels custom boats)?

dmontzsta
06-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Don is a Great Guy and this statement is so True of Him
Thanks for the kind words. :D
:)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
hey jerry,is that the same mel as the (mels custom boats)?
No Darin, this Mel builds boats under the Temptation name. He is back east, I think in Canada.

cowboybob
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
No Darin, this Mel builds boats under the Temptation name. He is back east, I think in Canada.
"Temptation Mel" is Mel Trevochka and yes, he is in Canada.

FlatRacer
06-09-2006, 09:40 AM
The true Ray Brown Bezer mold, I believe is still owned by Mr Jim Foster, in lake Havasu.
I don't think that there has been a boat out of that mold since the early 90's.
Jim Foster laid up my Bezer in the fall of '92. I met Jim a few years later and I think he said there had been one or two after mine, but I may not be remembering that correctly. It was a long time ago already (my God, how time flies).
Here's how you tell the narrow boats apart:
When Ray Brown bought the mold from Biesemeyer, he added an access port to the back "deck" for easier access to the steering gear. The Biesemeyers had round cutouts in the side bulkheads. Ray's Bezers had triangular cutouts whereas Jim Foster's Bezers had parallelogram shaped cutouts.
Exactly how hard and fast these indicators are, I can't say, but this is what I've observed.
Eric

FlatRacer
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Yes, I forgot about that did'nt I ?????
I am not sure, but maybe you know, how many "J.P. Little Boats" were built before the Molds were sold to Ray Brown???
Cowboybob:
Why don't you start a spreadsheet database on the "little" or "narrow" boats? Microsoft Excel is easy to use. You could designate fields for mfg., approximate build dates, first owner, boat name, racing number, class(es) run, etc.
I'll give you some boats from the east to get you started:
Biesemeyers:
"Ms. America" -1980- David Bosacco - SK48/SK1 - destroyed 9/92
"Coldfire" -1982(?)- yellow - David Bosacco - sold to Tommy LaFargue SS88(?) repainted black
"Cherokee Maiden"
Ray Brown Bezers:
Krazy Kolors - Billiy B. - KRR - sold to Pierre Pontbriand - CanAm class
Gambler - Norm Woods - CanAm - sold to Brad Steffan - CanAm
Jim Foster Bezers:
"Already Gone" 1992 - Eric Tolnes - CanAm/PS/SS - plain white gel - light layup 450#
Eric

FlatRacer
06-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Did you repaint Eric's boat after the little hammer deal??? Tim
The boat that suffered the "hammertime" :rolleyes: was sold to John McCreath and raced, quite successfully, as "Plane Insane". The "Rainmaker" that Billy painted was the replacement for that boat. I think Eric told me it was laid up at Hallet.
Eric

cowboybob
06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
The boat that suffered the "hammertime" :rolleyes: was sold to John McCreath and raced, quite successfully, as "Plane Insane". The "Rainmaker" that Billy painted was the replacement for that boat. I think Eric told me it was laid up at Hallet.
Eric
Flat................
Thanks for all the info.
I get a pretty good dose of Excel 8 Hours a Day, I don't think I'll be whipping up the Spreadsheet anytime soon......but..............
The cool spreadsheet would be the "Circle Boat Registry"........
Cover All Hull Types, Owners Names and such.................
It would have to be someone that everyone knows and trusts since ideally it would include the VIN.
I hereby nominate Jerry (VdriveVideo) Or Billy B.
LOL !
Anyone Second that????

cowboybob
06-16-2006, 05:48 AM
So I talked to a Gentleman yesterday that claims he got his Biesemeyer Hull in Arizona, near Phoenix a couple Years ago.
Where exactly he does not remember, nor who he bought it from, but said the Guy was sort of "Cagey" about the details.
The Boat was "covered in Mold Release" and apparently had been used as a "Plug".
I have not seen the Bottom of the Boat, but it is damn Straight on top.
Bergeron already has at least one Mold (including the "original" one I think), so who else out there is building Boats????
Or is this Cat just blowing Smoke......................

RetroBoats
12-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Cowboybob ever hear any more about the mystery boat with mold release on it ?? Are you in the Phoenix area ??

cowboybob
12-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Cowboybob ever hear any more about the mystery boat with mold release on it ?? Are you in the Phoenix area ??
No, no more info and i quit looking since I got sidetracked on a couple other projects.
It's a Bare Hull, not sure of the condition since I did not really crawl all over it but it could be had, on a Jet Boat Trailer for $3500-$4000 or so.

BILLY.B
12-18-2006, 07:40 AM
It's a Bare Hull, not sure of the condition since I did not really crawl all over it but it could be had, on a Jet Boat Trailer for $3500-$4000 or so.This boat is still for sale. It was at the last Pomona swap meet for around $2500.00 I think.

cucci
12-18-2006, 06:55 PM
thank you Craig.
D'cucci
began building in 1978 and will be building 2028!!!
i will post pics of a December 06 model. K33, Crowder:D

FlatStupid
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
thank you Craig.
D'cucci
began building in 1978 and will be building 2028!!!
i will post pics of a December 06 model. K33, Crowder:DNo problem!~D'cucci rocks! 28 is aways out you feelin' that good bro?

cucci
12-18-2006, 07:02 PM
No problem!~D'cucci rocks! 28 is aways out you feelin' that good bro?
sure am!!:D

FlatStupid
12-18-2006, 07:07 PM
sure am!!:DNICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jetboatguru
12-18-2006, 07:12 PM
How many boats do you think we will have gone through by then?:D

cucci
12-18-2006, 07:18 PM
How many boats do you think we will have gone through by then?:D
foam it!
just have to roll it over ring it out and gas it up!!

Jetboatguru
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Joey,
You are the man! Thank you for helping us out at Parker this year. Your repair is the toughest part of the boat!

cucci
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Joey,
You are the man! Thank you for helping us out at Parker this year. Your repair is the toughest part of the boat!
thanks from vicente and i, it looks like you did test that spot in Phoenix.

Jetboatguru
12-18-2006, 07:40 PM
oh that! Craig said he wanted to see how tough the repair was and he ordered me to roll it over! :eek:

GofastRacer
12-18-2006, 07:50 PM
oh that! Craig said he wanted to see how tough the repair was and he ordered me to roll it over! :eek:
Right!..LOL...:D

MAXIMUS
12-19-2006, 05:30 AM
I love to see Tooney & Craig on their knees sharing the knobbing tasks! :idea: That is the sign of a great team... I guess we will never manage to achieve such high levels of success...:D
Joey is a hell of a nice amigo for those that have not met him! To me doing business with somebody starts with wether or not you like and or trust the guy who is about to take your cash...
Besides you know he must be good if Tooney is doing that much rubbing...:devil:
Also I was told by a secret source that a certain "REALLY IMPORTANT" on line personality here that "EVERYBODY" looks up to (maybe in this case up would be... down???:idea: ) & inspires to be like someday, drove a ducci boat with mucho success??? :) Anybody wanna guess who this queen (oops I mean "KING") might be???:D
By the way my Italian amigo due you repair antique furniture???:D :D :D

cucci
12-19-2006, 05:59 AM
By the way my Italian amigo due you repair antique furniture???:D :D :D[/QUOTE]
yes, i do the glass and my amigo Bill Verkamp, retired Parker fire Chief can do the furniture part. He used to do decks for Rudy Ramos. He's retired but would probably do it if i asked.
Spearamint Rhino boat, we splashed a wood boat for Al, layed up the bottom half and Bill Verkamp built the wood deck, we covered it.

MAXIMUS
12-19-2006, 07:23 AM
yes, i do the glass and my amigo Bill Verkamp, retired Parker fire Chief can do the furniture part. He used to do decks for Rudy Ramos. He's retired but would probably do it if i asked.
Spearamint Rhino boat, we splashed a wood boat for Al, layed up the bottom half and Bill Verkamp built the wood deck, we covered it.[/QUOTE]
I was speaking of an old couch I had....:rolleyes: :D

Jetboatguru
12-19-2006, 07:50 AM
I love to see Tooney & Craig on their knees sharing the knobbing tasks! :idea: That is the sign of a great team... I guess we will never manage to achieve such high levels of success...:D
Joey is a hell of a nice amigo for those that have not met him! To me doing business with somebody starts with wether or not you like and or trust the guy who is about to take your cash...
Besides you know he must be good if Tooney is doing that much rubbing...:devil:
Also I was told by a secret source that a certain "REALLY IMPORTANT" on line personality here that "EVERYBODY" looks up to (maybe in this case up would be... down???:idea: ) & inspires to be like someday, drove a ducci boat with mucho success??? :) Anybody wanna guess who this queen (oops I mean "KING") might be???:D
Nice clean up job on the money shot there Maxi. You did some mighty fine knobbing yourself!:D

cucci
12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
how post pics please

Roaddogg 4040
12-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Call Art, he is the pciture Guru...
Steve

cucci
12-19-2006, 01:29 PM
[URL=http://www.freepichosting.info/hpics/show.php?img=103174SANY0029616.jpg]http://www.freepichosting.info/thumb/103174SANY0029616.thumb.jpg

ColeTR2
12-20-2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.freepichosting.info/showpic.php?img=103174SANY0029616.jpg
Picture

fc-pilot
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
That is Sexy! That would be cool to have a fresh boat out of the mold.
Paul

olbiezer
12-20-2006, 04:45 PM
that sure is nice i kinda like a black boat.......lol:)

Moneypitt
12-20-2006, 06:41 PM
That is Sexy! That would be cool to have a fresh boat out of the mold.
Paul
Paul, I saw that peach in the mold. It was just starting to "pop". Beautiful boat inside, and the cap was laying there beside it. But, the real beauty is Joey's new shop. WOW!! What a work of art. He really did it right and has a great lake view as well.........He has rented a couple of bays out and still has Mega room himself as well as a couple of apartments over the shop......Sure is a stretch above the old Red Rock shop of a few years ago...................Real nice Joey.................Ray

GofastRacer
12-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Sure is a stretch above the old Red Rock shop of a few years ago
And the old Torrance shop too I'm sure, lol. I had a black one just like that one, wish I still had it!..

BILLY.B
12-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Nice looking hull. The black looks really nice also. Looks real straight in these photo's.

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Joey, I am glad to see you cleaned the boat for the forum. It looks bad ass. I cant wait to get it home and start puting it together. You have one other job when your done, convince wy wife its okay for me to race again......
Anyone looking for a new hull, look close at D'Cucci. I looked at some of the things they do that is differant than the others and like it. Stringers go all the way to the nose, the way the glass was laid and materials used, even the gunnel supports go under the deck as well to name a few. It looks very solid and would not think twice about having him build me another one if I needed.