PDA

View Full Version : 6-seater PLANE for sale.....1962 Piper Aztec!

MOBrien
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
This is my father's plane that he's had for the last 18 years. It's amazing for travel & utility and was our family hauler whenever we took off for family vaca's in the western states. It's perfect for those of you who leave your boats at the lake and are sick of the long drives to and from your regular boating hotspots. Time saved in travel is more time on the water!!! Very well maintained and used sparingly. Pops has two planes and this one's gotta go.
1962 B PIPER AZTEC N 5082Y $ 74,999 obo
Airframe: TT: 4144
Engine(s) Lycoming 0540's (250hp ea) Left/Right: 990 SMOH
Right engine: 200 STOH with new cylinders, valves and pistons
Props: zero time Hartzell props
Cruise at 185 knts
600 mile range
Never a trainer
Hangared the last 35 yrs.
Owned by retired airline Captain since 1988.
Avionics:
Garmin 300XL IFR GPS/COM with GI102A
Narco 12E NAV/COM with VOA9/GS
Bendix King KMA 12-B audio with marker beacons
KN-64 DME
Mode C transponder
Six (6) place intercom
vertical card compass
Equipment:
New right wing fuel cells
new front and pass. door windows
Cleveland brakes
Brand new AIRTEX interior
Southwind cabin heater
Hangared at Camarillo, California ( KCMA )
This Aztec is a super clean machine that is reliable, fast, stable, and very comfortable. Meticulously maintained w/ limited operation.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762front_view.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762side_view.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762instrument_panel.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762interior1.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762interior2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762front_angle_outside.JPG
PM me for more details and contact info.
Thanks,
MOB

Lightning
06-01-2006, 04:36 PM
I'll pass this along to a friend of mine who may be interested.

MOBrien
06-01-2006, 04:42 PM
TY, it's a great plane at a great price. Will certainly make someone, who knows what an Aztec has to offer, very happy. It's a hell of a machine.

YeLLowBoaT
06-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Piper Aztec are the SUVs of planes, Really this is one of the best twins you can buy. For the size and class of plane you really can go wrong with a aztec. The only thing wrong with them is that they are not presureized.
seriosly I have been in lots of twins, If I was too choose one to own it would be a aztec.
GL on the sale... my uncle is selling his :cry: , but that only cuz he as a cessna 421c now :crossx:

MOBrien
06-02-2006, 06:45 AM
ttt

Magic34
06-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Does it come with lessons?

MOBrien
06-02-2006, 03:49 PM
If you need lessons now, this is not the right airplane for you. It's a high performer that is for an experienced pilot IMO. Now, if you ARE experienced and just looking for some multi training.......my bro is a CFI in the Camarillo/T.O. area when he's not flying 47's to Sydney or Singapore.....so, maybe?
back to the top...............

MOBrien
06-07-2006, 11:44 AM
ttt again

Beer-30
06-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, sold our 182. Keeping the Lance.
Aztrucks are great hauling twins. Like the Piper Lance, they give up some speed for payload and cabin space, but nothing is free!
Great for training, as they are not turbo-charged. Easier on the motors.
Good price.

MOBrien
06-09-2006, 08:30 AM
bumpity bump

MOBrien
06-09-2006, 10:54 AM
lunch bump.....bttt

MOBrien
06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
back to the top.....
This plane's gotta go. Interested or know anyone interested?....PM me.

MOBrien
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
bumpiddy bump......still for sale.
Also possibly for sale is my brother's stellar Cessna 195. Sick interior custom designed & produced with imported Italian hides, drop down DVD, fully updated avionics, fresh engine, new windows, lots of "new" on this baby and it can be had if anyone's in the market for a plane with serious show potential. The exerior paint is very good, yet a custom job makes this a show winner. Interested parties PM me for further info on this hard to find classic. She was just at a gathering of 40 195's and was by far best interior.
-MOB

4DAY4PLAY
10-03-2006, 01:23 PM
its amazing that you could buy a plane that will take you everywere....for about the price of a 25' boat nowadays....i think the boating industry is in for a correction if our economy goes into recession.

Sleek-Jet
10-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Was this on Ebay for a while?? Looks familiar.
I wish I had the resources to buy it... while I could probably afford the purchase price, I can't afford the care and feeding... :(
I got my multi in an old B model Aztec... sweet old airplanes for sure.

HM
10-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I am saving for a Cessna Mustang VLJ. By the time I am ready to buy, I should be able to pick a used one up for a 1/2 a mil or so. :D
Nice plane at a great price.

MOBrien
11-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Was this on Ebay for a while?? Looks familiar.
I wish I had the resources to buy it... while I could probably afford the purchase price, I can't afford the care and feeding... :(
I got my multi in an old B model Aztec... sweet old airplanes for sure.
yeah, it was listed on Ebay for a bit earlier this year. Some bids, but reserve not met. This is a very nice plane at this price. Pops is meticulous with his stuff .... no disappointments.

Dkahnjob
11-23-2006, 03:36 PM
The Aztec is a good load hauler. I have a Baron, also a good load hauler. It sounds like you are an aviation family. Keep the Aztec and use it to go to the river. It only takes me 1hr 12 minutes from Van Nuys and there is never traffic. Much better than driving. Do you have it listed in Trade-A-Plane? The twin market has been depressed, but is starting to pick up again. Good luck on the sale.
David

Wheeler
11-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Try placing an ad on, Barnstormers.com. They appear to be the cheapest classifieds.

MOBrien
11-28-2006, 10:35 AM
The Aztec is a good load hauler. I have a Baron, also a good load hauler. It sounds like you are an aviation family. Keep the Aztec and use it to go to the river. It only takes me 1hr 12 minutes from Van Nuys and there is never traffic. Much better than driving. Do you have it listed in Trade-A-Plane? The twin market has been depressed, but is starting to pick up again. Good luck on the sale.
David
Yup, we're definitely an aviation family here. Dad's got the Aztec as the hauler and a show-quality RV-8 that he built which is an absolute blast. Bro has the 195 which is also a beautiful piece. Everything is always housed indoors at Camarillo Airport. Baron's are great haulers too and have good speed. Have a friend with one that I've been up in a few times but it's a bit weathered. My dad had a 140 back in the day, a 152 when I was very young, then a Bonanza for a long time and was looking at Baron's, 310's, and Aztec's when he was finally looking to move to twins. The Aztec was a great find and has been perfect for him but it's time for it to go to a new home and he'll keep the RV to get his kicks with his buddies who all have RV's, LanceAir's, and GlassAir's, Legend's, etc...the experimental crew. Needless to say, it's always fun to go home to visit. Dad's a retired 747-400 Cpt, so it's also needless to say that his stuff is well taken care of. Same with my bro who is an experienced 1st Officer on runs to places like Sydney, Bangkok, & Singapore right now. They are aviators to the hilt and their personal equipment reflects it. If you know anyone looking for a solid twin investment that is totally turn-key, please send them our way for a look.
Thanks!
-MOB

MOBrien
11-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Try placing an ad on, Barnstormers.com. They appear to be the cheapest classifieds.
I've tried to get him to post an ad in Trade-A-Plane and other resources, but he's always looking for an excuse not to sell it so he doesn't place an ad. It IS for sale, but he's not marketing it except through word-of-mouth. He runs with the old school mentality, "if there is a person looking to buy an Aztec, they'll find me" kinda thing. :rolleyes: He's stubborn that way. :D Somebody buy this thing so I have a free place to store my boat. :crossx:

Sherpa
11-28-2006, 11:15 AM
bump for you........
that would be sooo cool to have your own plane.......
--Sherpa

MOBrien
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
thanks Sherpa. Yup, very convenient. Especially when you don't have a lot of time to get somewhere far away or just don't want to make the long drive and deal with others on the road. Even just for kicks it's a lot of fun to head somewhere for lunch or just go up for a scenic flight with 4 or 5 friends.
Camarillo to Sacramento in about 1hr 30-45m vs. 6-7hrs driving depending on traffic. These are great for those that have houses and their toys in Havi or a similar place but live a day's drive away.