PDA

View Full Version : What do I need?

Marshall
11-02-2000, 02:18 PM
I'm new to boating but a seasoned motor head. I live in New England and enjoy boating on lakes as well as the ocean. I hope to buy a boat in about 6 months to a year. I would like a boat with:
Cabin my wife and I could camp in overnight.
70mph+
Single BB Engine
Always liked the looks and speed of Cats
I'd love to buy used as I don't want to spend more than $60k.
With this in mind, is there a 26'-28' single engine cat that can take on open water. Seems like a lot of fast boats I see have flat bottoms that would take a pounding in the ocean. What manufacturers have boats like I described that I may be able to find used?
Thanks in advance.

rude235
11-02-2000, 02:48 PM
try looking into the the HTM line of boats. i believe they are 24 feet though. they would easily provide the kind of performance you are looking for. they have been clocked into the 100's on more than one occasion. if you dont know what they look like pick up an issue of hot boat magazine.

MIKEHTMSR24
12-12-2000, 04:35 AM
An HTM SR-24 would be perfect for you. I own one and we spend the weekends in the boat from Friday night through late Sunday afternoon. A base boat starts around 50,000 US and comes with a 310 horse big block motor (454 cubic inch). This would push the boat around 65 mile per hour. This boat has room like you would not believe and handles the rough water. Call Steve he is the owner and tell him I sent you. Maybe he won't charge you anymore. My name is Mike Parks I live in South Carolina. Their number is 661-268-1309. Their is two articles in this months January Hot Boat. I would recommend the SR over the SS because of the x-tra cabin space. E-mail me if you have any ?'s. Originally posted by Marshall:
I'm new to boating but a seasoned motor head. I live in New England and enjoy boating on lakes as well as the ocean. I hope to buy a boat in about 6 months to a year. I would like a boat with:
Cabin my wife and I could camp in overnight.
70mph+
Single BB Engine
Always liked the looks and speed of Cats
I'd love to buy used as I don't want to spend more than $60k.
With this in mind, is there a 26'-28' single engine cat that can take on open water. Seems like a lot of fast boats I see have flat bottoms that would take a pounding in the ocean. What manufacturers have boats like I described that I may be able to find used?
Thanks in advance.

MIKEHTMSR24
12-15-2000, 04:15 AM
Sorry I didn't realize I didn't have my e-mail address posted. I do now.