PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Automotive Museum

Oldsquirt
06-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm going to be in the L.A. area for a couple days. Although most of my time will be accounted for in work-related activities, I should have at least some free time. I was considering a side trip to the Peterson Museum and wondered if it was worth the effort. If so, are there any good, casual places to grab some food in the immediate area? Lunch or dinner suggestions needed. Thanks. :)

Go Ciggie
06-01-2006, 07:57 PM
been to the Peterson Museum on a company sponsored event and was a hit with the work team. Highly recommend the visit.
Call the Museum and ask about eating recommendations in the local area and I am sure they can point you in the right direction.
Bring your camera and enjoy :)

TrojanDan
06-01-2006, 08:08 PM
LA County Museum of Art West (LACMA West) is right across the street. I have a part time office there. Farmer's Market is about a 10 minute walk or 2 minute car ride directly North of the Peterson Museum on Fairfax and 3rd Street. The Farmer's Market (also called The Grove) has outdoor kiosk type vendors that sell almost every cusine in the world as well as Cheesecake Factory, Sushi restaurants, upscale restaurants, etc. You can keep yourself busy there shopping, eating, and drinking. :cool:
p.s. - never have been in the auto museum but will in due time.

flatnfast
06-01-2006, 08:21 PM
check out the pomona swap meet at the fairplex this sunday, you will be amazed

sleekcraft137
06-01-2006, 08:24 PM
If your a car guy.........GO!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Great place......
:)

RitcheyRch
06-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Definitely the place if you are a car guy.

InKahntrol
06-02-2006, 09:51 AM
DEFINATELY worth the trip. You just missed the Steve McQueen exhibit, which was badass. As for eats, I'd recommend the Farmers Market, or Canter's Deli, both right up the street on Fairfax. Canter's is one of the oldest deli's in the city, and they pastrami on rye is killer.