PDA

View Full Version : Bank Repo Skater

Havasu Cig
06-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Saw this in the OSO classifieds. Looks like a good deal since it was a repo. I don't know anything about the boat, but it looks clean and looks like a good price for an Ilmor / #6 boat...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10337.html

Tom Slick
06-02-2006, 11:30 AM
That boat looks like the original Viper test boat. It was used during testing of the very first Viper marine engine. I believe it was Bob Morgan from Big Thunder Marine that rigged and set-up the boat. That boat probably has well over 600 hours on it.

andy01
06-02-2006, 02:06 PM
The price on that boat just dropped 20K late last night. Not that I was looking but I noticed it. 600 hours!!!! Holy crap that is a lot of hours. I think for the money I will wait 15 years and buy a 40. Tom Slick why don't you quit focking around and buy a skater you cheap focker!
Then I can ride with you for the next couple of years for free.... well I'll bring gas money. 20 will cover a day on the water right?
Andy

Tom Slick
06-02-2006, 02:12 PM
The price on that boat just dropped 20K late last night. Not that I was looking but I noticed it. 600 hours!!!! Holy crap that is a lot of hours. I think for the money I will wait 15 years and buy a 40. Tom Slick why don't you quit focking around and buy a skater you cheap focker!
Then I can ride with you for the next couple of years for free.... well I'll bring gas money. 20 will cover a day on the water right?
Andy
That's funny, cause I've been waiting on you to step up to the Skaternation! :D :devil: I don't know if those hours are accurate, but I would have to guess that boat has a bunch of durability hours on it, considering it was used for Ilmor's Viper testing.

Boatlesss
06-02-2006, 02:25 PM
The original engines are not in the boat I belive that they had been upgraded before Big Thunder sold the boat.
Ilmor never owned the boat so I don't belive it was their official test boat rather a customer boat they followed closely.
600 hrs sounds high but how many are on the engines?

Havasu Cig
06-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Here is a quote from a thread on OSO about the boat.
"The boat and motors have about 350 hours on them, The drives have just been redone. The boat runs about 115 to 120mph. The pictures were taken the day the boat was put on here for sale. The trailer was built by Skater and is in very good condition. The boat needs a new cockpit cover, a good cleaning and a few gel coat chips fixed. It is being sold for the bank by a broker."
I think being a repo you could probably get it for less than 200k. :cool:

andy01
06-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Here is a quote from a thread on OSO about the boat.
"The boat and motors have about 350 hours on them, The drives have just been redone. The boat runs about 115 to 120mph. The pictures were taken the day the boat was put on here for sale. The trailer was built by Skater and is in very good condition. The boat needs a new cockpit cover, a good cleaning and a few gel coat chips fixed. It is being sold for the bank by a broker."
I think being a repo you could probably get it for less than 200k. :cool:
There is something very important left out of that................ if someone calls on it they will find out what that is.
I am not in the market for a new boat, I want my boat gone then I will worry about shopping for a boat in a couple of years. BUT if somebody worked the right deal on this boat they could end up with a really nice boat for less then normal.
Andy