PDA

View Full Version : What if weight wasn't even an issue...

ratso
06-02-2006, 02:04 PM
All this talk of people putting on weight and leaving has got me to thinking. What if it was something worse. I knew a lady that was married to a very abusive person. She was going to leave him but he was in a terrible accident, almost killed, lost an arm, part of his skull, was burned pretty bad... and he begged her to stay. She did for another year, but the love was already gone. After all, it was for better or worse, and he needed her. When she did finally leave, his family thought she was the biggest piece of trash to walk the face of the earth. I mean, where do you draw the line. Abuse, weight gain, sickness, money issues, children? What if you wanted kids and for one reason or another, you could never have a pregnancy. I knew one guy whose wife left him because of that... they couldn't afford an alternate route. Since then she's been knocked up twice by two different guys and been through another divorce. What if one or the other was crippled in an accident? Sure, Christopher Reeves wife stood by his side, but did you ever wonder if she didn't ever have at times another set of balls slapping off her ass... Maybe that's not the best way to put it but that's life. I still say nothing is forever, except in a few rare cases. I'd put money on Ziggy and his wife... a rare case and I think it's awesome. As far as most others go, live for yourself and make yourself happy. My definition of being faithful is just waiting around for you significant other to bang somebody else first... I won't be somebody elses crutch, and I would never expect someone to be mine. As far as I'm concerned, Love is just another 4 letter word...

FMluvswater
06-02-2006, 10:30 PM
You single again or something? :idea: You don't sound like your romantic happy camper self, there. It's the lover not the love that's to blame. You better keep following your heart, ratso. Love is just a four letter word? Uh huh until next time you fall hard. and you will cuz you're you. :D You worry me when you sound all hopeless and shit. :p :smile:

RAMROD
06-03-2006, 12:43 AM
From what I've seen, I don't think ratso will ever fall hard again. I think you can be knocked into submission so many times that you may never recover. It's a shame though, the right one, should she ever come along, will get shot down before she knows what hit her.

FMluvswater
06-03-2006, 01:09 AM
From what I've seen, I don't think ratso will ever fall hard again. I think you can be knocked into submission so many times that you may never recover. It's a shame though, the right one, should she ever come along, will get shot down before she knows what hit her.
I sincerely hope you are wrong. :( Ratso's good people he deserves to find love and happiness. :clover:

HammerDown
06-03-2006, 02:06 AM
I just need FM and a quality Wet-Nap ;)

topless
06-03-2006, 02:16 AM
I just need FM and a quality Wet-Nap ;)Now that's true love.

Forkin' Crazy
06-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Sadly, I'll have to agree with Ratso. I haven't had luck for shit either.
They say "when you aren't looking for love, that is when you will find it". Well let me tell you that is total bullshit. I had one not long ago that I was ready to give my heart to.... and she just disappeared..... I guess her soon to be X husband got rid of his girl friend and promised not to abuse her any more. :rolleyes:
Like my buddy said, "Damn dude what are you doing? Maybe it's you."
I guess he has a point. :220v:

bordsmnj
06-03-2006, 07:57 AM
just keep going. sooner or later the nuts will be slapping off the right ass and you'll know. :boxed:

Forkin' Crazy
06-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Okay Tootsie, let's hear the explanation.
Yours:"Location: where ever Forkin" Crazy is".
His comments:
"I had one not long ago that I was ready to give my heart to.... and she just disappeared..... I guess her soon to be X husband got rid of his girl friend and promised not to abuse her any more."
"Thins ain't addin up, Lucy". Unless you're stalking someone again.
Rio
homily=story of my life.
LOL!!! Tom Brown got married... didn't you hear? She has to stalk some one, and it might as well be me... problem is... a few thousand miles apart... :idea:

doesitfloat?
06-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Ratso, I agree. Even the 25+ year marriages that are "still going strong" more than likely went through a phase where 1 or both partners cheated. And before I hear, "You're wrong, we've been married _____ years and we never cheated on eachother" let me say, "Keep fooling yourself...ignorance is bliss". I can't even count how many couples that we know that one spouse (usually the woman) has cheated on the other and the "innocent" one (usually the man) is still bragging about what a great and faithful marriage they have.
Before the flaming begins, let me say that THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS. But too many people think that they are the exception...and, sadly, they are not.

ROZ
06-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Ratso, I agree. Even the 25+ year marriages that are "still going strong" more than likely went through a phase where 1 or both partners cheated. And before I hear, "You're wrong, we've been married _____ years and we never cheated on eachother" let me say, "Keep fooling yourself...ignorance is bliss". I can't even count how many couples that we know that one spouse (usually the woman) has cheated on the other and the "innocent" one (usually the man) is still bragging about what a great and faithful marriage they have.
Before the flaming begins, let me say that THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS. But too many people think that they are the exception...and, sadly, they are not.
I will have to agree with that...
Also agree with ratso about Ziggy and his wife.. Not even nuclear war will get them lovebirds apart :)

Boy Named Sue
06-03-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm impressed with the responses on this thread cause some of the biggest smart asses have told their honest truths, and I, a smart ass, will share a lil o mine too.
Ive been spat at and slapped, and kneed in the knackers, but then I've had a few gems as well. It is my perception that the best ones I've had in my heart I let them go. I could be fooling myself. Maybe its in my self interest to believe this.
I've been divorced. The emotional torture that divorce puts you through is the worst thing I've ever experienced.
I don't distrust women. Only myself. Luckily I have a good friend who can spot a ruinous woman from a mile away. Those are the ones I want the most.
My conclusion on love is I have no FING idea.
~ Suey

hoolign
06-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm impressed with the responses on this thread cause some of the biggest smart asses have told their honest truths, and I, a smart ass, will share a lil o mine too.
Ive been spat at and slapped, and kneed in the knackers, but then I've had a few gems as well. It is my perception that the best ones I've had in my heart I let them go. I could be fooling myself. Maybe its in my self interest to believe this.
I've been divorced. The emotional torture that divorce puts you through is the worst thing I've ever experienced.
I don't distrust women. Only myself. Luckily I have a good friend who can spot a ruinous woman from a mile away. Those are the ones I want the most.
My conclusion on love is I have no FING idea.
~ Suey
It is pale in comparison to accidently grabbing A5-35 instead of KY... lighting is our friend!
:cry: :cry:

Boy Named Sue
06-03-2006, 09:44 AM
It is pale in comparison to accidently grabbing A5-35 instead of KY... lighting is our friend!
:cry: :cry:
I knew there was one smart ass who would disappoint me.
That's what I get for having irrational expectations.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Hooli, what the fizzuck do you need lube for? You oil drillers should understand that a DRY HOLE is a waste of time and money! :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
06-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Men can be such sensitive sissies ! :p So some bitch hurts your feelers and suddenly all women are worthless? Quit making bad choices, then. It ain't rocket science it's just love. :wink:

FMluvswater
06-03-2006, 10:58 AM
I just need FM and a quality Wet-Nap ;)
Reliability is very important. :smile:
Your http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/HDforever.gif forever :D ,
~FM :smile:

Forkin' Crazy
06-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Men can be such sensitive sissies ! :p So some bitch hurts your feelers and suddenly all women are worthless? Quit making bad choices, then. It ain't rocket science it's just love. :wink:
You want a ratio or what? Not all women are worthless. I still love my mother. :)
I know there is one out there for me... she is probably caught up in an abusive relationship with some one else...lol :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
06-03-2006, 11:18 AM
You want a ratio or what? Not all women are worthless. I still love my mother. :)
I know there is one out there for me... she is probably caught up in an abusive relationship with some one else...lol :rolleyes:
Love is a risk and when a man takes that risk he seems to have this notion because he dared to risk it that it will automatically turn out in his favor and when it doesn't well holy cow does that ever shock him - it really shouldn't but it also shouldn't be a deterrent from taking future risks - the heart can and does heal and it has a way of expanding to fit many loves in it. Feel the fear know the risks and do it anyway cuz you know being lonely on the inside (not just physically) is never a good state of being. :smile:

Boy Named Sue
06-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Listen to FM all full of wisdom and shit! :rolleyes:
Fulla
Malarkey

Boy Named Sue
06-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Love is a risk and when a man takes that risk he seems to have this notion because he dared to risk it that it will automatically turn out in his favor and when it doesn't well holy cow does that ever shock him - it really shouldn't but it also shouldn't be a deterrent from taking future risks - the heart can and does heal and it has a way of expanding to fit many loves in it. Feel the fear know the risks and do it anyway cuz you know being lonely on the inside (not just physically) is never a good state of being. :smile:
Sounds like Hemingway.

FMluvswater
06-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Listen to FM all full of wisdom and shit! :rolleyes:
Fulla
Malarkey
yes honey :D

FMluvswater
06-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Sounds like Hemingway.
I plagiarised? :( Don't mess with my head okay there's all kinda stuff in it and I have no idea what my sources are - my own thoughts or did I read it somewhere and spit it back out? :confused: I never really know for sure. :idea:

Forkin' Crazy
06-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Hell I figured I would get 1 out of 10.... but noooooooooooo..... I need to buy a dog. :boxed:

FMluvswater
06-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Hell I figured I would get 1 out of 10.... but noooooooooooo..... I need to buy a dog. :boxed:
Dogs are cool but they won't laugh at your jokes and tell you you're special. :wink: Good luck giving up on love, though. :D Likely the most insincere thing I've ever said.