PDA

View Full Version : Nice A/O rip on OSO Sean

grahamgilly123
06-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Well Sean you let them have it and I don't see any quick retorts. If you are turning hard on big water there is no doubt that turning the props out will prevent a lot of barrel rolls....but going straight in the conditions where you boat the benefits of turning them in dramatically outweigh the negative. At any rate it appears that the wedges on the back of the steps require you to turn them in to get the bow up and achieve some semblance of normal handling ......so you don't really have a choice. How's that video coming showing a pass with them turned in-- from 50MPH-100MPH? Have you played with the trim yet?

pleasantcat
06-02-2006, 04:16 PM
thanks grahm. im needing the guy with the camera to get out on the water so he can record it running. i did mess with the trim a little bit but it really likes one spot more than others so, i leave it alone. hell it gets on plane in that position, turns in that position and will run smooth n flat up to the rev limiters sooo....i need bigger props to test later on.
hell, on saturday and sunday i ran 110+ with all my camping gear in the cabin so i cant really complain. oh, that wasnt all out i had a speed limiter in the seat next to me :cool:

grahamgilly123
06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
How much throttle do you have left when you hit the limiters?

Spectre140
06-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Sean, are you still looking for 34 Bravos? I have a lab finished set I used on my Spectre maybe 3 times. Let me know. I'm in Tucson.

pleasantcat
06-03-2006, 01:54 PM
once i get to speed it holds 4800 or so and i can burp the throttles to full.im amazed these engines run this well in a boat this big.i wasnt expecting to feel good acceleration above a hundred.

GN2RVR
06-03-2006, 06:40 PM
I'll be out 20- 30th be more than happy to film 50----100 so the rest can see. Let me know

pleasantcat
06-04-2006, 10:29 PM
gn2rvr thanks bud! i'll check the calender and see what i can swing.