PDA

View Full Version : No Start

Wet Dream
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
And the problems keep coming. I got spark, I got fuel. The cam is turning, the distributor is turning. It made one little fire on one cylinder and that was it. Now, I get NOTHING! Tried a couple of pumps on the pedal, and tried no pumps. Pulled the plugs, dried them out, turned it over to clean the cylinders out. I can't get the damn thing fired. Can I use starting fluid without damaging the motor or blower?

Fiat48
06-02-2006, 08:37 PM
No starting fluid.
Find tdc #1 and check rotor points at #1.

obnoxious001
06-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah,, what's been done since it last ran?

Daytona100
06-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Double check the basics. Float levels, timing, fuel psi, accellerator pump and a nice healthy spark. Good luck.

502 JET
06-03-2006, 06:04 AM
And the problems keep coming. I got spark, I got fuel. The cam is turning, the distributor is turning. It made one little fire on one cylinder and that was it. Now, I get NOTHING! Tried a couple of pumps on the pedal, and tried no pumps. Pulled the plugs, dried them out, turned it over to clean the cylinders out. I can't get the damn thing fired. Can I use starting fluid without damaging the motor or blower?
Did you check for spark at the plugs?Did you try holding the throttle cracked open a little when cranking?Did this set up run before?
My buddys boat with a 671 with two edelbrock carbs was a bitch to start until he figured out the rite combination to get it to fire.Even with every thing set up properly.

Wet Dream
06-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Did you check for spark at the plugs?Did you try holding the throttle cracked open a little when cranking?Did this set up run before?
My buddys boat with a 671 with two edelbrock carbs was a bitch to start until he figured out the rite combination to get it to fire.Even with every thing set up properly.
Ding ding ding!!! You hit it right on the head. I had spark everywhere, the coil, the wires and the plugs. What it takes, is that after sitting a few days or more, is a good squirt of fuel right down the carbs. I took a little bottle of gas with me, gave it a little squirt, and didn't even make 2 revolutions...and WHAM! Fired right up.
Obnoxios, the only thing that changed was the flexplate. Thats what pissed me off. I changed ONLY that, and now it doesn't run? Easy to look back and laugh now, but last night it was depressing.
Thanks guys.

502 JET
06-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Good to hear you got it running without spending more $$$$$$$.

Wet Dream
06-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Good to hear you got it running without spending more $$$$$$$.
I stopped counting the expenses on it a long time ago. Now, I just get that crazy giggle Loony Toon style and push on.