PDA

View Full Version : Newbie With questions!

shawn266
06-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Ok guys I have been in the market for a boat and have always wanted a jet boat, but I have never ridden in one and dont know anybody that has..... my first concern is choppy water... the wind blows here in west texas most of the time and makes it a pain for a sea doo but my pontoon fair's well with it ... next how well do they pull toy's? I'm not a wake boarder but I do enjoy a little skiing and some tubeing..... thanks -shawn

Wicked Performance Boats
06-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Shawn, stick with a 20-21 footer, they will take waves better and a minuimun of 454 ci, and a place diverter for use while towing toys and kids. You'll be fine. Budlight

shawn266
06-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Shawn, stick with a 20-21 footer, they will take waves better and a minuimun of 454 ci, and a place diverter for use while towing toys and kids. You'll be fine. Budlight
Thanks for the advice man...

SmokinLowriderSS
06-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Yes, the larger heavier hulls shrug off wind chop better, but I call KS and Okla boating home and have for several decades, and the wind blows here too. Dad and I have run the same 18'6" taylor (my avatar) all over the place. Yes sometimes she will beat on you pretty good, but most of the time she's really not bad about it. For a heavy hull like those, LOTS of engine with the right pump setup attatched and you'll be amazed how hard they'll accelerate and how fast they will run. Larger impeller cut too in the bigger hulls or acceleration suffers. Berkeley "A" I would call a definite minimum, "AA" better, with at least 400 honest HP in front of it (more is better LOL)