PDA

View Full Version : Nethercutt Auto Museum

Hallett19
06-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Went and checked out the J.B. Nethercutt museum with a client of ours who himself has a very important car collection (Matchbox even sells a box set of 4 of his most important cars with his name on it) and he is very plugged into the car world and was close friends with J.B. He gave us a tour of the entire place. I cant begin to describe how amazing that place is !!!! :) Every car in there is in running condition and every once in a while they would take the cars out for a 70+ mile drive, even the steam engine powered cars !! The bugatti's, duesenbergs, maybachs, mercedes, suiza hispanolas, pierce arrows, dodge brothers, olds, rolls royce, there is a one off Duesenberg "twenty grand" which in the year it was introduced would have cost over a million dollars !! You name it, they have it, even cars dating back to the late 1800's !!!
In shop, they have everything you would ever need to completley restore any car on the planet, including tons of extra parts for therse cars, magnetos, engines, transmissions, windsheild wiper motors, horns, instruments, in house fabricating, upholstery, paint, body, even a guy who replicates everything from tubing to door handles.

Boy Named Sue
06-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I went to that about 15 years ago. Truly amazing. Even the bathrooms had gold 'billet'. I believe it was in Sylmar. J.B. owns Merle Norman. Way cool dude.

Boy Named Sue
06-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Let me also say it is a priviledge and and honor to be invited to go see it. We two lucky stiffs Hallett.

RitcheyRch
06-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Never been there but my emplyer offering a tour in the next few months there.

Hallett19
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
yeah, JB owned Merle Norman Cosmetics, in fact the containers they sell the cosmetics in are made on the premesis of the museum and restoring facilities. It is a real treat and I recomend it to everyone who has a chance to check it out.
I ate at the commisary with all the mechanics and got to talk shop to them and went to check out some stuff they were working on for the next car they are entering into the Pebble Beach show.
They showed me some amazing things, air starters, Maybach V12's, bugatti straight 8's, motors that are so unique and amazing, just looking at them makes you smirk, I got to see the inside of them :D
I'm a lucky bastard for sure!!