PDA

View Full Version : Hey 058!

GofastRacer
06-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Since the other thread got off topic a bit, figured I'd start a new one!.. Do you happen to have one of these???.. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14241

Itsahobby
06-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I remember seeing Kalita run that rail on the cover, at Fremont Drag Strip.
Man, I miss that place.
Hobby

Blown 472
06-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I have an old hot rod mag that has a mustang with a sohc motta in it with a shit load of electronics in the front seat, some sorta testing stuff.

CARLSON-JET
06-03-2006, 11:28 PM
HEMI EATER!! Is what comes to mind. I have always had a place in my heart for the 427 Galaxies. My Pops had a 63 1/2 500 XL Dual quad lowriser. Damn I wish I had it. He used to cruise it in the mid sixties around Phoenix. I still have the 427 emblems. R.B.

GofastRacer
06-04-2006, 06:20 AM
HEMI EATER!! Is what comes to mind. I have always had a place in my heart for the 427 Galaxies. My Pops had a 63 1/2 500 XL Dual quad lowriser. Damn I wish I had it. He used to cruise it in the mid sixties around Phoenix. I still have the 427 emblems. R.B.
Those Galaxies were cool cars, I had a 64 XL, wish I had it now!..

GofastRacer
06-04-2006, 06:22 AM
I have an old hot rod mag that has a mustang with a sohc motta in it with a shit load of electronics in the front seat, some sorta testing stuff.
That rings a bell, I think I had that mag before!..

06-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Art, Do you mean the engine or the service manual? I have neither.... :D I had a few oppertunitys in the 70s and early 80s to buy a few Cammers but passed on them :cry: One was a G/N boat with a N/A Cammer in it. It ran but needed help, oil pressure was low and had blow-by. Seller's wife was 8 mos. pregnant and he needed bucks quick. He offered me the boat for $6500. With the tired engine and at the time there were no parts available for it I passed thinking it would be nothing but a headache.....Oh well :(

GofastRacer
06-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Art, Do you mean the engine or the service manual? I have neither.... :D I had a few oppertunitys in the 70s and early 80s to buy a few Cammers but passed on them :cry: One was a G/N boat with a N/A Cammer in it. It ran but needed help, oil pressure was low and had blow-by. Seller's wife was 8 mos. pregnant and he needed bucks quick. He offered me the boat for $6500. With the tired engine and at the time there were no parts available for it I passed thinking it would be nothing but a headache.....Oh well :(
Yeah the manual, it's a jenuine Ford Cammer manual like new, don't see those anymore!. I think I mentioned before there was a time when I was offered all the Cammers I could haul for $300 a piece brand new in the crate from Ford, but at the time didn't have a pot to piss in, figures!.. :mad:

06-04-2006, 05:15 PM
That manual would being big bucks on Epay. Gotta be rare as hen's teeth. I have'n seen one of those since the 70s. You keepin' or selling?

steelcomp
06-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I sat in on a cam timing session for one of those once. I was about 19, and it was in Bill Olivera's marathon Mandella. It was a Louie Unser motor, and I got to meet the man, himself. :D
Didn't the Tasca Ford Mustang run a cammer???Or was it a highrise??
Those were the good ol days...Irwindale, Lyons, OCIR...
Guy here in town used to drive the Dodge Ramcharger TF dragster...has Top Fuel license #9.
Sorry...I digress... :rollside:

steelcomp
06-04-2006, 06:07 PM
That's funny...looking closer, I see the Tasca Ford Mustang on the cover of the manual. :notam:

LakesOnly
06-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Did you FE fantatics see the injected Cammer Hydro (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116950) I posted in the V-Drive section?
LO

Boy Named Sue
06-04-2006, 11:51 PM
SteelComp - What Up EHSGS? Are you going to Chowchilla?
058 - Nice to see you keeping the rubber on the road for a change Bob.:rollside:
Pardon the thread jack.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Sleek-Jet
06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
That's funny...looking closer, I see the Tasca Ford Mustang on the cover of the manual. :notam:
Not to mention Conrad Kalitta's "Bounty Hunter".... :idea: