PDA

View Full Version : Abasolute Speed and Marine saves the

Jyruiz
06-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Weekend again. As some of you know, I found coolant in my hull under the engine. Well, I took it in right at 8am and Brian didn't even hesitate to start working on it. The problem was the grommets in the heat exchange like a lot of you said. Brian and his crew were unbelievable and got me and my family back out on the water a little after 11am. I was truly amazed of the service I received, and one of the best parts, was that even though my boat is out of warranty, Brian let me know that Merc still covers it cause they are aware of the issue.
My boat will be going there for every service that is needed from here on.

voodoomedman
06-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Weekend again. As some of you know, I found coolant in my hull under the engine. Well, I took it in right at 8am and Brian didn't even hesitate to start working on it. The problem was the grommets in the heat exchange like a lot of you said. Brian and his crew were unbelievable and got me and my family back out on the water a little after 11am. I was truly amazed of the service I received, and one of the best parts, was that even though my boat is out of warranty, Brian let me know that Merc still covers it cause they are aware of the issue.
My boat will be going there for every service that is needed from here on.
Take them some beer.

Jyruiz
06-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Brian said they also like vodka, so I gave them two bottles, one of Sky90 and the other was Level42. I hope they enjoy it.

voodoomedman
06-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Brian said they also like vodka, so I gave them two bottles, one of Sky90 and the other was Level42. I hope they enjoy it.
You trying to make me look bad just buying a twelver of Corona. :D
With all the alcohol we give them I'm not sure there going to be able to keep fixing our boats so damn well.
:cry:

KineticoH20
06-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Thats just great service, it's comforting to know there still are a few around!

Jyruiz
06-03-2006, 09:54 PM
You trying to make me look bad just buying a twelver of Corona. :D
With all the alcohol we give them I'm not sure there going to be able to keep fixing our boats so damn well.
:cry:
Not at all, it's just that I work for a wine and spirits distributor so I asked Brian what kind of hard stuff he liked. I had that vodka here in the Havi house, so it was a no brainer. I will have to bring some more for the Havi house now, but it was well worth it.

voodoomedman
06-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Not at all, it's just that I work for a wine and spirits distributor so I asked Brian what kind of hard stuff he liked. I had that vodka here in the Havi house, so it was a no brainer. I will have to bring some more for the Havi house now, but it was well worth it.
I was just kidding you. So you have access to endless supplies of liquor huh???
:idea:

Jyruiz
06-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I was just kidding you. So you have access to endless supplies of liquor huh???
:idea:
I know you were, I forgot to put the smily faces on my reply. I would not say endless, lets just say, I am never in need. :)

RitcheyRch
06-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Good to know there are still some places that provide good service.

Hardly Satisfied
06-04-2006, 08:44 AM
It's good to hear that they could get you in and out and back on the water :boxed:

Kilrtoy
06-04-2006, 10:01 AM
talk to ROLN20's he is having the same problem, 4 times......

Havasu_Dreamin
06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Merc needs to get off of their ass and get this problem fixed!

Jyruiz
06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
talk to ROLN20's he is having the same problem, 4 times......
Not what I wanted to hear, specially after only having 40 hours on the motor. Merc needs to come out with some better grommets.

INSman
06-04-2006, 08:09 PM
They must have, as I got a message from them about midnight, something about breakin' down my door to do some MORE drinking :220v:

Jyruiz
06-04-2006, 08:20 PM
They must have, as I got a message from them about midnight, something about breakin' down my door to do some MORE drinking :220v:
Lol, but I am not responsible for what they do after they drink the Vodka. :)

That Guy
06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Exactly right...Aaron and the guys at Absolute are the best. They did the service on my boat a couple of weeks ago. When I got the boat back I was having the same steering problem. I called them after I got back home to CA and they came by, picked up my boat, fixed the problem and then wouldn't let me pay. Cheryl said they felt that they should have caught the problem the first time so there was no charge.
Left them a case of Red Stripe (guess that makes me a cheapskate as well) and I can't imagine going anywhere else for service.....plus they are really nice people.... :crossx:

roln 20s
06-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Not what I wanted to hear, specially after only having 40 hours on the motor. Merc needs to come out with some better grommets.
It was actually 5 times in 5 weekends...I'm an excellent repair man now :mad: Lakeland and DCB have been great--I finally got an entirely NEW heat exchange, plumbing, etc... Brand new 2006, just 2 months old-- now has 50 hours. MERC hasn't asked any questions, but they haven't answered any either. They KNOW there is a problem, but their solution is crap. I would recommend carrying a few extra grommets ($6) with you, and some coolant or water at all times. If it happends again-- do yourself a HUGE time saver and DEMAND a new heatexchange. Aaron and the boys will fight for you. Glad you are back on the water. This past weekend for the regatta was the first weekend without a grommet blown since the Desert Storm Poker Run.
Glad Aaron helped you out-- he helped me out too.
Roln 20s