PDA

View Full Version : Your positive thoughts are needed

LOWRIVER2
06-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Southwest Division LAPD officers engaged a Rolling 30's gang member in a gun fight Saturday evening after a short pursuit. The battle resulted in the demise of the Crip and one officer taking multiple rounds. Sadly, one of the rounds entered above her armpit and severed the officer's spinal cord. This officer has gone after gang members in Southwest for several years relentlessly and is one tough cop. Prayers for her, her husband (LAPD South Bureau Gang officer), and her young child are appreciated. Spinal injuries vary greatly so we all are hoping for the best. The news will reveal her name later.
God Bless this family

phebus
06-04-2006, 04:06 AM
Prayers going out for the officer and her family. Hopefully initial reports from the hospital will be upgraded to better news, and the spinal injury will be treatable.
God bless.

vdrivenman
06-04-2006, 04:29 AM
we will pray for our comrade and beleive that she will recover physically & mentally and for strength and courage for her family and all involved !

Flyinbowtie
06-04-2006, 04:53 AM
NorCal law enforcement will be praying for her and the family as well.

MagicMtnDan
06-04-2006, 05:38 AM
I hate to hear this. In a perfect world a good person like her would never be harmed by these scumbag gang bangers.
I hope somehow she has a quick and complete recovery. And I hope the opposite happens to those who would harm any police officer. :mad:

Not So Fast
06-04-2006, 05:46 AM
Our deepest sympathies and concern for her and her family. Most people don't realize what a hellhole that place is and this stuff goes on everyday, I've seen it! Thanks for the info. God bless her and the LAPD. NSF

Procraftkev
06-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family

Norseman
06-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Our prayers go out to her and her family!

RitcheyRch
06-04-2006, 06:07 AM
God bless her and her family during this tough time. Hopefully she will get back to what she does best. Sounds like she one tough cop.
Southwest Division LAPD officers engaged a Rolling 30's gang member in a gun fight Saturday evening after a short pursuit. The battle resulted in the demise of the Crip and one officer taking multiple rounds. Sadly, one of the rounds entered above her armpit and severed the officer's spinal cord. This officer has gone after gang members in Southwest for several years relentlessly and is one tough cop. Prayers for her, her husband (LAPD South Bureau Gang officer), and her young child are appreciated. Spinal injuries vary greatly so we all are hoping for the best. The news will reveal her name later.
God Bless this family

Kokopelli
06-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Prayers here for her and her family.

Not So Fast
06-04-2006, 06:46 AM
Not to be picky or change the sadness of this thread but I thought the name was "Rollin 60's" am I wrong again?? NSF

THOR
06-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Prayers are on the way

Mohave Vice
06-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Prayers are going out now!

Hardly Satisfied
06-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family

barbigrl
06-04-2006, 08:36 AM
:( :( Will definitley send out a prayer!

Kilrtoy
06-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Wishing her, her family and the entire agengy the best ........
Alot of hard time are ahead for the family

OGShocker
06-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.
Thank you to all the LEO's for the job you do on our behalf.

LOWRIVER2
06-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks to everyone here for the prayers/thoughts,
Status has not changed much, I'm headed back to work so I'll post tomorrow any improvements. This officer used to come up to our Arrest and Control division and really knew ground fighting well. She looked like any other pretty blond but when she went to work, the gangsters had hell to pay when they tried to fight her.
As for the rolling 30's, they are a SECT of the Crips gang. There are 20's, 30's, 50's, 60's. The 60's are larger in 77th Div. and have historically gotten the most press. It's all about what street you grow up on.
The 30's put out death threats against Southwest officers two weeks ago after heavy enforcement on their gang. It's going to be a long, hot and busy summer.

H20Advantage
06-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Our family will be praying for her and her family.
Found a litttle more to the story:
News 7 video
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4235920
LOS ANGELES, June 4, 2006 - A robbery suspect wounded a Los Angeles policewoman and is then shot and killed by the officer's partner.
The shooting near LaSalle and Leighton avenues occurred about 10:30 last night, according to Los Angeles police Officer Mike Lopez.
Kristina Ripatti, 33, suffered a gunshot wound through her right arm and a wound in her left arm pit.
Ripatti, a 10-year veteran on the force, was listed in critical but stable condition at an area hospital, said Los Angeles police spokesperson Kevin Maiberger.
Lopez said someone walked into the LAPD's Southwest Station at 1546 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and reported a robbery at LaSalle and Leighton. The responding officers found an armed suspect.
"The suspect decides to shoot the female officer and strikes her multiple times," Lopez said.
The wounded officer's partner then shot the suspect, who was declared dead at the scene, he said.
Copyright © 2006 KABC-TV and CNS.

novaguy
06-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the family and LAPD
LASD
Compton OSS

Holland
06-04-2006, 03:23 PM
THoughts and prayers from the Holland Family too...

Robin Boyer
06-04-2006, 03:36 PM
They are comen out from here aswell.... If i am correct the shooting happend on the water? I am about to say these guys are just getting ruthless!
Whats goin on these days, sheesh!

Red Horse
06-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Thoughts and prayer to the injured officer and her family.
Glad her partner knew how to shoot.

prop check
06-04-2006, 07:02 PM
This is horrible I just saw it on the news.. My prayers go out to the oficer and the entire law enforcement community.

Boatcop
06-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Prayers from the other side of the pond. Your Arizona brothers and sisters wish the best and for a complete and speedy recovery.
Kudos to her partner. Saved the County the cost of a trial, public defender, appeal, and housing the banger's sorry ass for 25 years. And saved her the trauma of having to re-live the ordeal in court.

bignet
06-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks to everyone here for the prayers/thoughts,
Status has not changed much, I'm headed back to work so I'll post tomorrow any improvements. This officer used to come up to our Arrest and Control division and really knew ground fighting well. She looked like any other pretty blond but when she went to work, the gangsters had hell to pay when they tried to fight her.
As for the rolling 30's, they are a SECT of the Crips gang. There are 20's, 30's, 50's, 60's. The 60's are larger in 77th Div. and have historically gotten the most press. It's all about what street you grow up on.
The 30's put out death threats against Southwest officers two weeks ago after heavy enforcement on their gang. It's going to be a long, hot and busy summer.
Keep fighting the good fight...it's because of this country's law enforcement and military that "Joe Public" doesn't have to ever get involved with idiots...prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery.
bignet

Not So Fast
06-05-2006, 06:55 AM
They are comen out from here aswell.... If i am correct the shooting happend on the water? I am about to say these guys are just getting ruthless!
Whats goin on these days, sheesh!
What???????????? :confused: NSF

Tremor Therapy
06-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Thoughts and Prayers from the Young family. She and her family will be in our prayers. Please keep us updated, and keep up the fight!

LOWRIVER2
06-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Latest update,
Christy has gained full movement in upper torso. She has a long way to go but with her strong will, determination and support, she will continue to improve. I'm just glad she'll be able to hold her baby daughter.
Turns her and her husband worked in the same gang unit before they were married and both were shot several years ago with birdshot (luckily) as they ran up and arrested several bangers. She's tough, no doubt. She ran 4 miles to the gym, did a rough circuit regimon, then ran home on a regular basis. All this and is a cop and mother.
In any case, keep up the prayers and good thoughts.
Her husband was the second unit on scene. He did'nt know it was his wife when he responded.
Metro SWAT units arrived and are EMT's. LAFD paramedics took 15 minutes to respond. Doctors at Calfornia Med. Center said without the quick work of the SWAT officers, she would'nt be here today.
Kudos to Gary,Ralph, Joe and Gil for their decisive medical attention.

Rexone
06-06-2006, 11:25 PM
That's great news Gary. I heard about this on the news earlier. Along with how the SWAT EMT's basically saved her. My thoughts are with her for a speedy recovery. And thanks to all you guys who do this shit on a daily basis.

Charley
06-07-2006, 12:03 AM
This is good news... thoughts and prayers from the Guest family

MRSDRMCAT
06-07-2006, 01:11 AM
WOW....I am so happy for her and her family. She sounds like a kick azz girl!

LOWRIVER2
06-07-2006, 08:17 AM
They posted on the news that Christy is paralyzed from the waist down. While this is terrible, I have no doubt she will tackle this obstacle like all the suspects she's taken into custody over the years. She is a fighter, there is no doubt.
She's paid a heavy price for this job, god bless her.

Biglue
06-07-2006, 08:37 AM
I remember seeing this story in the news. So sad to see a young woman getting so badly affected by some piece of shit.
My heart and prayers go out to her and her family. I hope the man upstairs grants her a full and speedy recovery. God Bless.
All you coppers on these boards, God Bless you all as well out there. Thank you all so much for the job you guys do.
Lue and fam.

syke-o
06-07-2006, 08:44 AM
my thoughts are with her and her family...

TheLurker
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Our thoughts and best wishes are with Officer Ripatti,on her recovery.
I'd like to reiterate what OGShocker said
Thank you to all the LEO's for the job you do on our behalf.

Not So Fast
06-07-2006, 09:23 AM
It has to be tough to keep a positive frame of mind when you work in and around that kind of stuff everyday, how do you guys do it. :confused: I pray that she rehabs fully. NSF

LOWRIVER2
06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
My girlfriend's mom said a good one this morning.
"How about all the people that cry police harassment in South L.A. step up and march in suport of an officer who put her life on the line to save them from the terror he put others through in their neighborhood on a daily basis?"
He just got out of prison 12 days earlier for a murder conviction and had served time for assault with a deadly weapon.
The officers did not know he had just robbed a liquor store, they were driving down King Blvd. when they saw him look at them and do the "okie doke", (nervous, anxious look). They stopped to talk to him and he ran. We all do this regularly, this time it turned into a fight for life. Another reminder to live each day to the fullest you can.

Havasu Cig
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Thought and prayers are with her, and tell her to keep fighting. I agree with BC, it's a good thing the $hitbag is dead. As far as the community response, that is an unfortunate reality today. I rolled to a call once in the hood and had a kid about 5 years old tell me "I hate cops". All I could think was he would be a future inmate.

catalinaskiracer
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
thoughts and prayers for her and the entire family! My God watch over them!