PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator's 27' Daytona... Opinion's thread

HBjet
02-24-2003, 03:06 PM
I posted a thread over at Hot Spots West about the new 27' Daytona from Eliminator. Since most of you are CAT guys, I'd like you to post what you think either from seeing it first hand, or just from the photos. Thanks
Link (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000940)
HBjet

kab
02-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Dont like it at all. I'm a huge fan of the 25 daytona but this 27 doesn't look good at all.

TOBTEK
02-24-2003, 03:56 PM
If I also say I didnt like it and thought the bass-master canopies were totally gay, the fake air intakes upfront were disco and useless, the color selection (even for a showboat) are the WORST I've ever seen....do ya think I'll also recieve a letter? If so, I think it was real..........ahhhh neet wink
Id have a 25 daytona in a second, unless you plan on being at 100+ much of the time, do ya really need the canopies? I think people would look at us funny at Yuma with canopies...even more so duct taped to a MACH22 :D :D

SMILEMAKER
02-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Hey HB jet, how's it going? I agree with your's and Tobtek's idea's on how ugly the new 27 Daytona is. I have a 25 Daytona, which I love, but I don't know what they were thinking!
On the other hand, met and talked with Charley while at DCB, what a nice guy, beautiful boat, but I do think he need's Dave's special phonebook to sit on to see over the dash,hehe..I know , here come the bald jokes, and yes, I will only see the ass end of that boat, chasing him across Havasu.... See you guys at the river soon, Doc

Jordy
02-24-2003, 04:36 PM
TOBTEK:
I think people would look at us funny at Yuma with canopies...even more so duct taped to a MACH22 :D :D They'd think you were out for a fishing tournament. :D

HBjet
02-24-2003, 04:40 PM
SM, good to hear you went to the show, especially since your an Eliminator owner, and you agree with most people. I don't know if you went of to the other thread, but there is an email from someone who thought I should save my opinions until I can go out and buy one.....since you have more money then me, maybe he will listen to you!
Yeah, I ran into Charley there too! He's a cool guy and he told me the first weekend they have the boat out, I can drive it! Pretty cool huh? (I'm hoping Charley thinks so :D )
Are you going to OP6CV this year? It's in Havasu!
HBjet

SMILEMAKER
02-24-2003, 05:11 PM
:D HBJ, I'm going to check that other post tomorrow, and reply there. June 21 for op6c, is the same date as wedding for very close friends of mine, I'll ask them to move it for me, but if they refuse, I'll probably not make it to wedding, oops, I mean op6.. Going to parker, March 7 & 8, and March 20-23(havasu on sat for spring break) you guys gonna be there? Talk to ya soon,doc...

riverliver
02-24-2003, 05:40 PM
SMILEMAKER
We will also be at parker on 7th & 8th, If I remember you have a 25 Daytona also ????
Maybe we will see you up there.
Andy
Hope your boat is ready for the 7th & 8th, Let me know !!!
eek!

Charley
02-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Smilemaker.... It was great talking with ya at the show, but yer bald??? I noticed when you came into the booth that all of the boats just seemed to LIGHT UP but I did'nt realize that was the glare from yer head!! JK :D
Randy...... pig_flyi :D

HBjet
02-24-2003, 05:46 PM
I sure hope RacingRascals boat is ready for that weekend because MissHBjet and I are going to help break it in (PG only) with the RacingRascals. Since you both are going to be there, MissHBjet and I both want to take a ride in each of your Daytona's.
HBjet

HBjet
02-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Charley:
Randy...... pig_flyi :D No, I think your boat will be fast Charley, it won't be a pig....If you want, I won't test drive it so soon, because everyone else will then want to drive it, and you know how that's gonna be! Oh, but you will give MissHBjet and myself a ride in the new F29 right? Or MissHBjet since you think I'm a DCB Hater! :D
HBjet

SMILEMAKER
02-24-2003, 05:52 PM
:cool: RIVERLIVER, yea, we have 25, it's blue and white with yellow Charger bolt on side, name on back is SMILEMAKER. 7th and 8th is guys trip, golf in am over at Emerald Canyou, river in afternoon. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
:D HBJet, I read the e-mail from Gardendia of Darkness, good laugh. I only have 8 years of college, two degrees, but not enough cash in my wallet to go buy one tomorrow, and I still don't like it's looks. Maybe it will grow on me in time, as Froggystyle pointed out, the new Cadillac's were ugly at first, but now they don't look so bad. My wife want's a new Escalade, but I'm buying her old fashion technology, she's getting a BMW 540i. She's been fighting me, but is slowly giving in. See ya,doc

boatnam2
02-24-2003, 06:55 PM
whats up doc?havent seen you on in quite some time.rl we will be in parker thursday night looking at mobile homes friday morning hopefully buying one(if missb will settle on one )then going to laughlin friday night for a wedding saturday retuning sunday morning to watch races.

missboatnam1
02-24-2003, 07:11 PM
mrboatnam>>>>>>>>> yuk yuk yuk
you are the one that likes all the ugly ones!!LOL

andy01
02-24-2003, 09:13 PM
I read the post on the other thread! I think it is BULL SHIT! **** what someone owns or can or can't buy, the people that have the money don't run around saying you don't have the money or degree to use your opinion! As for the 27 Daytona (we all know I like 25 Daytona's) it is the worst looking thing I have seen that goes on the water since I saw Boatnam on the water! That is one ugly mother ****er! (the boat, not boatnam.. well............) Just kidding skinny!
Now then, we will be out there the weekend of the 8th for the races as well. We are staying at C-ya's place this time. Don't know if the boat will be done or if I will take it that weekend, but look forward to seeing some of you at the river again! Hell I can't wait to go again myself!!
BTW just so everybody else knows HB Jet said he was going to ski naked behind by boat that weekend if it was done! Anybody want to be the flag man? LOL J/K :D
Andy

boatnam2
02-25-2003, 08:48 AM
if thats true rr,about hbjet i have a good chance of being knocked off the top of the ugliest mofo list.j/k hb.

SMILEMAKER
02-25-2003, 09:43 AM
:D :D CHARLEY-- Hey Randy, thanks for the compliment, I've always noticed how things (people) light up when I enter a room, I thought it was my outstanding personality!!hehe, now thanks to you, I know the real reason, it's my solar panel! wink Ever notice how all these little graemlins are bald, are'nt they cute. Can't wait to see your bitchen boat in the water, keep your sunglasses around when I show up :cool: See ya guys, I gotta go do a root canal, that'll make somebody happy when I enter the room eek! ! doc

SMILEMAKER
02-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Hey Boatnam, it's been a long winter, I've been lurking once in awhile, I thought after the boatshow it was time to come out of hibernation! Good luck finding new home at the river, trust me, Let MrsBoatnam pick it out, if shes happy, your happy :rolleyes: :D I nnow this to be a fact, my wife told me.... argue see you guys at the river in your beautiful ride :cool: bye,doc

andy01
02-25-2003, 09:56 AM
missboatnam1:
mrboatnam>>>>>>>>> yuk yuk yuk
you are the one that likes all the ugly ones!!LOL Speaking of ugly................ is that the reason for the new trailer? Not that old one is bad but the floor that some yahoo layed really didn't do much for the old place! Was that man/women blind? If she is then I can understand why she has the boyfriend she does.......... she can't see but knows he keeps her warm in the winter and shaded in the summer! Hee hee hee! :D Hey skinny you ready to party like rock star on the 8th? You to River (every six months) Liver!
Andy

boatnam2
02-25-2003, 11:28 AM
i was the cut man on the new tile floor missb layed it (that sounds bad)and called for cuts i just handed her the pieces.the floor turned out so bad we just thought we would get a new trailer intead of worrying about it.i did do the incredible paint job on the outside you probaly didnt notice since you only come over after 2am.i just figure if we get it now we can get it payed off and be ready to move down there in 10 to 12 years.i still picturing hb sking naked in that cold water and im laughing my ass off.

andy01
02-25-2003, 12:53 PM
boatnam2:
i was the cut man on the new tile floor missb layed it (that sounds bad)and called for cuts i just handed her the pieces.the floor turned out so bad we just thought we would get a new trailer intead of worrying about it.i did do the incredible paint job on the outside you probaly didnt notice since you only come over after 2am.i just figure if we get it now we can get it payed off and be ready to move down there in 10 to 12 years.i still picturing hb sking naked in that cold water and im laughing my ass off. Why don't you put some toons under that trailer and make a house boat out of it? Then you can run up and down the trailer all day in your leperd g-string and yell "shut it off". :D LOL One of those moments that will stick in my mind for years!
Andy

HavasuDreamin'
02-25-2003, 01:29 PM
I am more of a traditional lines type of guy. I like the 25' Elim. and DCB Mach 26 the best. The canopy boats have grown on me a little though and I will say that the Elim. 26 and DCB F26 are good looking boats.
Unfortunately for Eliminator, I don't care for the styling on the 27'. I think the transom is too round and Euro looking (much like the modern Pontiac Firebirds). I also think the windshields leave a little to be desired to say the least. They just don't flow with the boat.

missboatnam1
02-25-2003, 06:08 PM
andy, i thought he lost them there lepord thongs....ow baby....
hey, i thought the floor looked great, untill i woke up the next morning.... cry
coors seem to make things errr emmmmm diffrent looking.... eek!

roln 20s
02-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Well, I think that the 27 Daytona looks alright, minus the UGLY cheap looking plastic canopies, front air vents, and "Gladiators" email to HBjet. Its not Eliminator's best IMO, but it will sell cuz its a "New eliminator cat"
Just in case "Gladiator" does ever read this stuff-- I have no money, but consider myself very knowledgable about all types of boats. Boats are my love and most prized hobby. So as Dogghouse mentioned- what the hell does money have to do with anything? I can be dirt poor and love or hate the boat, or I can have all the money in the world. Either way, you won't see me in a 27 Daytona (but you never know about a 25). I think the majority of the members on this site are here because of their love and knowledge of boats, have some respect for that.
Roln 20s

Windy
02-25-2003, 08:58 PM
roln 20s:
Just in case "Gladiator" does ever read this stuff-- I have no money, but consider myself very knowledgable about all types of boats. Boats are my love and most prized hobby. So as Dogghouse mentioned- what the hell does money have to do with anything? I can be dirt poor and love or hate the boat, or I can have all the money in the world. Either way, you won't see me in a 27 Daytona (but you never know about a 25). I think the majority of the members on this site are here because of their love and knowledge of boats, have some respect for that.
Roln 20s Very well said!!!