PDA

View Full Version : Jet Skis!!!!

Kachina26
06-04-2006, 07:51 PM
I tell ya what! Bad 'nuff dodgin' them jackballs and trying to figure if they are gonna zig or zag. But what happened Saturday was just unfriggenreal! Warlock25 and I were floating about a mile south of the mouth of the lake, when 2 Windsor rental skis approached. Before long it was obvious that despite the fact that they had the whole lake to go around, they were intent on buzzing us. Annoying, but whatever. The first one passed, the second looked as if he was gonna try to buzz between us! Well, he chose to go around but not without spraying my boat and coming within one foot of me. Had he been 2 minutes earlier, he woulda caught an oar in the face! Yeah, I know, I woulda been looking at manslaughter charges. So, I guess I am the lucky one in that scenario. I wouldn't lose a moment of sleep if they banned them focking things!
Still had a great day on the lake :D

JB in so cal
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I am of the mind set that everyone of those phuchs' on rentals (and most in general) think that they are riding THE VERY FIRST PWC EVER MADE and that we MUST want to see them do stuff with it, like jumping my wake; a high speed pass with them standing up; a 360; making a ft. high wake in a no wake zone...
idiots!
rant off :rolleyes:

voodoomedman
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I tell ya what! Bad 'nuff dodgin' them jackballs and trying to figure if they are gonna zig or zag. But what happened Saturday was just unfriggenreal! Warlock25 and I were floating about a mile south of the mouth of the lake, when 2 Windsor rental skis approached. Before long it was obvious that despite the fact that they had the whole lake to go around, they were intent on buzzing us. Annoying, but whatever. The first one passed, the second looked as if he was gonna try to buzz between us! Well, he chose to go around but not without spraying my boat and coming within one foot of me. Had he been 2 minutes earlier, he woulda caught an oar in the face! Yeah, I know, I woulda been looking at manslaughter charges. So, I guess I am the lucky one in that scenario. I wouldn't lose a moment of sleep if they banned them focking things!
Still had a great day on the lake :D
I agree with you and I don't. I actually still have mine but I of course am responsible on it. If I am gonna play and do tricks and stuff I do it in a cove close to shore where there are no other watercraft. There are idiots in boats too. What they need to do is is ban freaking rentals or make it so you have to have a license or something. I'm not for all kinds of regulation on the river as that would take away the fun and the reason we go but you should know what your doing and not be drunk to have those freedoms. I don't mind if somebody jumps my wake if they are the required distance behind my boat. What I don't like is when I'm approaching you are sitting there and as I'm approaching you start your way towards me so you can jump my wake 5 ft off the back. I'd be pissed enough if you damage my boat but damage my wife or my son or any other loved one I may have with me and you will be damaged permanently.

Kachina26
06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I agree with you and I don't. I actually still have mine but I of course am responsible on it. If I am gonna play and do tricks and stuff I do it in a cove close to shore where there are no other watercraft. There are idiots in boats too. What they need to do is is ban freaking rentals or make it so you have to have a license or something. I'm not for all kinds of regulation on the river as that would take away the fun and the reason we go but you should know what your doing and not be drunk to have those freedoms. I don't mind if somebody jumps my wake if they are the required distance behind my boat. What I don't like is when I'm approaching you are sitting there and as I'm approaching you start your way towards me so you can jump my wake 5 ft off the back. I'd be pissed enough if you damage my boat but damage my wife or my son or any other loved one I may have with me and you will be damaged permanently.
I agree, I miss my waverunner and might buy another. But if I had to turn it in like an assault weapon, I wouldn't shed a tear. I love the idea of banning all rental watercraft as well.

DJ Sound Technique
06-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Had a REAL close call last summer at lake Perris with some dumb ass kid maybe 15yrs old on a 3 seater trying to see how fast she could go headed straight at my daughter that was in the water waiting getting ready to wakeboard.
Flags waving in the air, did no good. I was sure she was going to hit my daughter, so I yelled at my daughter to drop the rope and we headed straight at the ski in the boat so she would not hit her.
I didn't even care about her possibly hitting the boat as long as she didn't hit my daughter. We exchanged some choice words after I chased her down, no sorry or anything!
These frickin dirt bags on skis are really starting to bug me! Same thing today at lake silverwood, they have the whole lake to play on, but they decide they want to come right where we are trying to ski to jump our wake!!!! No regard for the flag, the frickin scumbags probably don't even know what it means!!!

DEEZ NUTTS
06-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Get rid of all the sit down skis but leave the stand ups alone. Nobody is "billy badass" their first times out on a stand up.

RAZORSHARP
06-04-2006, 09:21 PM
The fuel should be taken out and filled with cement. excellent anchors!!

Flying Tiger
06-04-2006, 10:44 PM
For the past three days along the Parker strip we dealt with them jumping the wake with kids in tow.
Really un-nerving. They think it's their right.

my21advantage
06-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I hate frickin' lake lice.....
I had two of them cute me off right out of the no wake zone near crazy horse this weekend...they must have been complete idiots, luckily I saw them NOT paying attention

RitcheyRch
06-05-2006, 04:21 AM
Parents and the rental companies need to tell these people the rules of the water. I would think if someone gets hurt by one of these rental ones that you could sue the rental company for possibly not telling them the rules. I am guess one lawsuit would end the madness out there.

HocusPocus
06-05-2006, 06:31 AM
here is what i don't get. the guys here that have dirt toys.. have them all, quads, dirt bikes, rhinos, pit bikes, go carts, sandrails, toy haulers etc.. etc. following that logic whats wrong with having all the water toys? i have boats and seadoos.. i love'em all. sure i see some people doing stupid stuff on skis, but just as many doing stuipid stuff in boats. right now the biggest water accident of the year appears to be between 2 custom boats.. i havn't heard yet that any personal watercraft were involved. why not just ban everything that goes over 50 mph and im sure you will cut all accidents down. all i hear is ban this.. ban that.. when you start giving law makers rights to make bans like this.. it wont just stop at one thing.

Cruzzze
06-05-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm probably gonna take one in the face for this, but I too, have 2 boats and 2 waverunners and my kids ( 18 -23 ) have the utmost respect when they are on these. I have TAUGHT them to be respectful of everyone and they are dangerous boats if screwed around on them carelessly. They have a place on the water just like the azzholes in big boats that come zinging very close to people that are skiing and tubing, it's called respect. And I think we all, sometimes, need to look at that problem, not just the pwc's. :cool:

havaduner
06-05-2006, 07:26 AM
here is what i don't get. the guys here that have dirt toys.. have them all, quads, dirt bikes, rhinos, pit bikes, go carts, sandrails, toy haulers etc.. etc. following that logic whats wrong with having all the water toys? i have boats and seadoos.. i love'em all. sure i see some people doing stupid stuff on skis, but just as many doing stuipid stuff in boats. right now the biggest water accident of the year appears to be between 2 custom boats.. i havn't heard yet that any personal watercraft were involved. why not just ban everything that goes over 50 mph and im sure you will cut all accidents down. all i hear is ban this.. ban that.. when you start giving law makers rights to make bans like this.. it wont just stop at one thing.
Its not the equipment its the FOCKING idiots that are in control of them.....
and that goes for some high dollar boats as well.

HocusPocus
06-05-2006, 07:26 AM
I rode a jet ski for years without ever having a single close call with a boat. The majority of people riding them today just don't have a clue.
i think its more like the the majority of people "renting" them don't have a clue. over half of the pwc accidents are from borrowed or rented ones, according to the California boating safety report.