PDA

View Full Version : boat ramp kills me

EMCAM
06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I think we need to start a picture or video file for all the funney crap we see on the boat ramps. It kills me to watch these people . spinning the tires like your john force,or forget that the motor is running when you pull th i/o boat out, and dont forget the draging of the outdrive. I accually watched 5 yes i said 5 dumb ass people try to load one fricking jetski today and it took them about 20 minutes. There needs to be a boat ramp training course. Im not saying im a pro (even though i am :) )buy this stuff is funny

YeLLowBoaT
06-04-2006, 08:58 PM
"make it happin' cap'tin" All i am going to say.

john
06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
i was one o those people today i finaaly took my boat out and it was packed and my wife or my friend do not no how to backup a trailer it was funny i have video but dont know here to set it up so u guys can see it its a big file

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I thought you werent going today:confused: Thanks for calling me you bastard:D jussss playin with ya;) I was working on my sh!t. I will be ready for next week. Im getting butterflies;)
Boat ramp people kill me. I just watch and laugh:D I dont spin my tires, ALL WHEEL DRIVE in the denali;)

SHIFTY
06-04-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.33ff.com/flags/XL_flags/Armenia_flag.gif

GunninGopher
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
... I just watch and laugh:D I dont spin my tires, ALL WHEEL DRIVE in the denali;)
My wife has a 4wd Trailblazer. Those don't have any 4wd stickers or anything, only a switch on a dash. I used to pull my old 24' pontoon boat out with it with ease while guys with big ass diesels would spin 'em like mad pulling out a small jet of even jet skis. They all give me a look like 'how'd he do dat?' when I'd jerk it out with her little SUV.
I'm taking all the 4wd stuff off of all my rigs from here on out for that reason.
Actually, I would pull it out with a 2wd diesel and not spin that one either. It's all in the left foot brake action. You gotta get momentum before giving the tires the power.

SecondMonkey
06-04-2006, 10:14 PM
A few weeks ago I watched as some guy pulled his boat out. Right when he got to the top of the ramp his boat came flying off the trailer. He didn't tie it down or anything. :rolleyes: As I was helping him winch it back onto the trailer (idiot was in my way) he told me he just BARROWED the boat! :D Given the age and damge I'd say he totaled it.

Cheap Thrills
06-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I saw a couple really screw a nice boat up last year.
the guy did a dinomite job of backing the trailer down the ramp but really shouldn't have let his girlfriend/wife (whatever) pilot the boat. maybe she forgot which way the throttle operated. But she launched the boat onto and over the trailer ,landing it into the back of their pickup. :2purples:
The bowstop and winch on the trailer was through the hull. :eek:
After listening to him cuss his girl for several min. I went over to see if I could help but he wasn't nice to me at all either so I kindly said FU and walked off.
C.T. :wink:

cave
06-05-2006, 05:19 AM
EMCAM Good seeing you again. I sat and watch the show for a few laughs. Watched a new Chevy pick up spinning 20's at wfo to pull 1 jet ski. 1 bravo dragged and a guy yelling at his woman Turn right I said RIGHT. Right right right. Brought her to tears. What a jack ass.

gochappy
06-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Well we watched these boneheads for 15 minutes trying to back there boat off the trailer as they couldn't get it to float off. Finally when I finished my beer I walked over and told them it was still strapped to the trailer in the back. You can only enjoy a dumbasses stupidity for so long, then its boring.

g935
06-05-2006, 07:44 AM
I was watching a guy launch a sailboat. I threw down the tailgate and proceed to watch him disconnect the trailer from the hitch that supposedly had a 30 foot tether connected to it. Keep in mind that the ramp is about a 16 percent grade and very long. He had the boat and tether all the way out from the SUV and then it broke. He was doing something at the bow of the boat at the time and rode it all the way down to the water. The boat had to be doing 25 mph when it hit the water. To see this guy hanging on for over a hundred feet down the ramp was the funniest moment of my boating life. Once I realized that he was OK, I laughed so hard I couldn't even launch my own for an hour.

YeLLowBoaT
06-05-2006, 07:58 AM
I was watching a guy launch a sailboat. I threw down the tailgate and proceed to watch him disconnect the trailer from the hitch that supposedly had a 30 foot tether connected to it. Keep in mind that the ramp is about a 16 percent grade and very long. He had the boat and tether all the way out from the SUV and then it broke. He was doing something at the bow of the boat at the time and rode it all the way down to the water. The boat had to be doing 25 mph when it hit the water. To see this guy hanging on for over a hundred feet down the ramp was the funniest moment of my boating life. Once I realized that he was OK, I laughed so hard I couldn't even launch my own for an hour.
Now thats funny...Sadly having those extentions break/come off is not that un commen.

NautiII
06-05-2006, 07:59 AM
yesterday, while having my own water issues on my boat at Saguaro, I heard a loud bang, and watched a 24' pontoon come rolling back down the ramp....still on the trailer, while the tow vehicle was still at the top of the ramp. Damn thing came off the hitch...with NO safety chains. luckily, it went straight into the water, and the guy on the boat had enough sense to throttle the motor to keep it from going all the way back into the lake. Mind you, there were boats on both sides of this guy....how lucky is that, that the trailer didnt spin! and, once they got it back on the truck, they let the motor run on the boat, in the parking lot, for like 15-20 minutes. guess with all the excitement they forgot.

stashtrey
06-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Saw a guy several years ago drive his nice new Mastercraft up and over the front of the trailer and right through the back door of his brand new Suburban. I didn't laugh out loud.... but I definitely chuckled inside my head.

SB
06-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I end up helping people all the time. What else can you do when the ramp gets backed up? "Captain, can take that line for you?"

Duane HTP
06-05-2006, 05:42 PM
The other day we were testing a boat out at the boat ramp. There were some guys trying to unload a weedwacker boat. I heard the motor roar and then a big bump. Then they drove it forward on the trailer and roared it and bumped again. On the fourth try, they really gave it hell. The boat came off the trailer and the log chain and pad lock they had to keep someone from stealing their boat was hanging from the bow tower of the trailer with the Bow Eye still in it, and a chunck of fiberglass from the front of the boat about 8" in diameter. I never laughed so hard in my life.

g935
06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
The other day we were testing a boat out at the boat ramp. There were some guys trying to unload a weedwacker boat. I heard the motor roar and then a big bump. Then they drove it forward on the trailer and roared it and bumped again. On the fourth try, they really gave it hell. The boat came off the trailer and the log chain and pad lock they had to keep someone from stealing their boat was hanging from the bow tower of the trailer with the Bow Eye still in it, and a chunck of fiberglass from the front of the boat about 8" in diameter. I never laughed so hard in my life.
That's hysterical!! I take my digital camera every where I go now. I'm going to catch some funny stuff sooner or later.

shaun
06-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Memorial weekend we were launching my buddys boat. This guy come over asking if he can go first because his seado is sinking.. So we let him go first... he first tries to pull around and back up this seado trailer and while trying to back up he's jack knifing it. Rather than pulling forward real quick to straighten it out he jumps out of his truck, and drags the ass end of the trailer so it's straight. he does twice and finally gets the trailer backup up. Once he gets the trailer in the water he forgets to latch the trailer on the hitch and the trailer pops off. Then then proceed to try to get it back on and latch it but they cant because the truck is lifted and the trailer is at a angle (wrong drop hitch). They guy finally gets his seado on it and proceeds to just romp on the gas and burn out. It wasn't like he eased into it, he just jumped on and through water on everybody behind him (about 4 of his buddys).
I was doing a burn out trying to pull out two jet ski's with my truck, i swear the dealer gives you on a new truck are just ridiculous, they burn out just going over the cross walk lines when they are wet. no matter how easy i ease into it they both just start spinning. Kinda makes me wish i bought 4 wheel drive but i didn't really think i needed it.

Big H
06-05-2006, 07:35 PM
There really are some humorous goings on at the launch ramps. I noticed that so far nobody has talked about someone sinking their car/truck off the ramp. So I guess I'll start. I happened to be at Dana Point harbor some time ago in my past and the usual array of interesting characters were out launching their boats for a day in the sun. One gentleman happened to be launching his sit down jet ski alone from his Ford Exploder. He backed up just fine and straight and had the jet ski in the water ready to float off the trailer. Driver's door flips open, he hops out, and soon as he hopped out, the door came right up his butt and smacked him to the ground on its way by him. So one Exploder with the driver door wide open, rear hatch wide open, every window down, and a floating jet ski rushing down the ramp. Said running Ford and trailer headed for Davie Jones' locker, jet ski floated helplessly in front of the launch ramp, and fifty mouth agaped onlookers staring in disbelief as said truck owner picked himself up and wandered off to go get the Harbor Patrol. Yes they got it back out of the water but at that point it's of course, totalled.

speed zero
06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
i was at saguaro last year and a guy loads his small boat on the trailer at the ramp proceeds to floor his ranger burning the tires off and starts going backwards as i wait for my girl friend to load the boat on to my trailer i yell slow down it will come out he comes over and asks if i will pull him out i tell him i have a v 6 in my full size and my boats is bigger and i pull it out without even the tires breaking loose well needless to say i ended up pulling him out well long story but it was funny to me at the time

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-06-2006, 12:24 AM
These are all classic stories;) I am laughing as I read them;)
I remember a guy in a blender boat came in tward the dock. I saw it comming....I said to my self, he better turn around and just before you knew it. BANG BANG BANG BANG, There went the prop on the rocks!! He was in 3ft of water:eek:
He should have known better than to buy a damn eggbeater:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-06-2006, 12:25 AM
i was at saguaro last year and a guy loads his small boat on the trailer at the ramp proceeds to floor his ranger burning the tires off and starts going backwards as i wait for my girl friend to load the boat on to my trailer i yell slow down it will come out he comes over and asks if i will pull him out i tell him i have a v 6 in my full size and my boats is bigger and i pull it out without even the tires breaking loose well needless to say i ended up pulling him out well long story but it was funny to me at the time
Are you going to saguaro on sunday??? We all will be there!!!! Its going to be a scene to see;);)

Gayleen
06-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I don't know why butt every Tom, Dick and Harry with a dog and NO boat, bring there dogs to play at the boat launch :crossx: , why not the beach? :idea:
A different time, there was an extreme low tide. A guy decided to back his boat out over the sandy river bed to load his boat. Oops, got the truck stuck, the tide is now comming in. The tow truck was able to get there and pull it out before the river claimed it. :cry: That was an expensive mistake.

roostwear
06-06-2006, 10:37 AM
From last summer. What happens when a moron tries to drive it off the trailer? Oh, it wasn't in reverse and he NAILED the throttle. I laughed so hard, I cried for hours.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2295dock1.jpg

Big H
06-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I've got one close to home. I work for a well published magazine as some of you know and some of you don't but I won't say any names to protect the employee that did this. It was an accident but still funny (for me). Myself and another buddy here were at Lake Havasu shooting some photos of a boat when it was deemed we were finished. The boat's owner pulled up to the dock at Windsor and tells my buddy to go get his trailer and back it down. He does and all is well as the boat owner keeps waving him back more and more when DOINK! The trailer wheels found the end of Windsor ramp on the most inside lane. Of course it was hung off the end of the ramp and the owner was upset but good naured about it since he was the one saying to keep coming farther into the water. Fender was a bit tweaked but it sure took awhile for us to get it back up the ledge.

Duane HTP
06-06-2006, 04:57 PM
One day when we got to the lake to test a boat, there were two newbe's putting a medium sized outboard in the water. As we set the timing on ours, we heard them fire the motor several times, but they could never get the motor to go in forward or reverse and move. During the 45 minutes I spent on the lake testing, they were working on the shifter cable and mechanism the whole time. Finally as we were loading, they decided to give up and go home.
As they pulled from the ramp, we could see that they had forgotten to raise their motor up when they came to the lake also, and the propeller had all three blades ground off from draging on the groung. They proceded on down the road with the propeller hub sparking on the pavement. HA HA HA! This was a classic.

speed zero
06-06-2006, 10:13 PM
hey 396 was going to barlett to take some guys i work with to go skiing, maybe try to go there see what happens