PDA

View Full Version : DCB Stoker

RexRathburn
03-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Hello All,
My name is Tom and I have posted a little bit here on the hot boat boards in the past. I had a 2001 Shockwave...divorce helped out with sale...and now that it's all over I am back in the market for a boat.
What I have always liked and I am looking for is a Stoker. I live in San Diego and I looked in the trader. There is a 1995 DCB for sale that says it is the same hull as a Stoker. I asked Dave a DCB about it and he said the they made them for a couple of years and they stopped making them because they got into the bigger boat business. Does anyone have any experience with the DCB Extreme Tunnel (Stoker)? Good, bad, ???
Thanks a lot,
Tom

Charley
03-29-2003, 11:29 PM
stoker=good boat
Dave=good rigging
if it's a good boat and it suits yer needs.
buy it :D

RexRathburn
03-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Well, I went for a test ride and the boat ran good, but it wasn't taken care of very well so my hunt continues. I hope to get one and be on the water by Memorial Day.

Skaterfast
03-30-2003, 05:27 PM
DCB Rigging Stokers in 95?That's news to me.The 20,204 and 22 will run circles around anything.If Al made a new 26 I would probably be the 1st to sign up.

Jrocket
03-30-2003, 08:16 PM
That boat sure looks familiar? I wonder what the story is behind this!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/232BoatNtruck_005-med.jpg

ZSARGO
03-30-2003, 08:36 PM
I HAVE A 1998 DCB MACH 22 FOR SALE. 0 HOURS ON A 2003 300X OUTBOARD. INTERESTED? SEE OUTBOARDS SECTION FOR MORE INFO.

RexRathburn
03-31-2003, 09:05 AM
The boat I looked at this weekend was almost exactly like this one. The only difference was interior and it had a checkerboard across the back.
Sorry ZSARGO, that 22 is outta my price range!
Jrocket:
That boat sure looks familiar? I wonder what the story is behind this!!!

mbrown2
03-31-2003, 09:42 AM
That boat looks like a Premier Tunnel.

Jrocket
03-31-2003, 09:05 PM
mbrown2:
That boat looks like a Premier Tunnel. Why yes..yes it is... :D

bordsmnj
03-31-2003, 11:24 PM
a friend of mine has a stoker he keeps out at havasu -indoors.he was thinking of selling it to further his drag racing hobie cuase he never uses it. it's an 80+mph boat. i think he used to race stokers. Let me know if i should call and ask 'em about it. Have yuh called johns custom marine yet?
Good luck either way-jason

XTRM22
04-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Charley:
stoker=good boat
Dave=good rigging
if it's a good boat and it suits yer needs.
buy it :D Charley=Wise Man
or maybe Wiseguy, either way I agree with him, While I never rode in SkaterFast's Stoker, I saw it run plenty of times and was always impressed with it.
Chuck

RexRathburn
04-01-2003, 02:04 PM
bordsmnj:
a friend of mine has a stoker he keeps out at havasu -indoors.he was thinking of selling it to further his drag racing hobie cuase he never uses it. it's an 80+mph boat. i think he used to race stokers. Let me know if i should call and ask 'em about it. Have yuh called johns custom marine yet?
Good luck either way-jason Jason,
I am interested. If you could give him my email address off my profile I would appreciate it. If he doesn't have email, then I can send you my cell number.
I checked John's Custom Marine about 2 weeks ago and they didn't have any used.
Thanks

Freak
04-01-2003, 04:13 PM
What about the one in the HB classifieds. Looks nice and in your neighborhood. http://www.***boat.net/classifieds/ads/view.cfm?ad=293&title=1987%20stoker%20tunnel

RexRathburn
04-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Freak:
What about the one in the HB classifieds. Looks nice and in your neighborhood. http://www.***boat.net/classifieds/ads/view.cfm?ad=293&title=1987%20stoker%20tunnel It is about 8 hours north of my neighborhood, but It does look nice. I am heading up there in the middle of the month, so I was going to call on it when I get up there.

bordsmnj
04-02-2003, 03:41 PM
well i talked to my friend and he said he wants to think on for a couple days. it's an 84 20' with a 235 clamped on the back. stoker went through the motor about four years ago and its hardly been usede since.he says it's real nice.so he'll let me know in acouple days. He said he hardly uses it but has trouble with the idea of letting it go.

Stoked
04-02-2003, 09:49 PM
RexRathburn
I owned a 20' Stoker for 15 years and sold the boat for 3K less than I paid for it, they are excellent running boats. I now have a 224 and again am very pleased. Contact Haullin 270 on the boards he has a 22' with a hand built Stoker motor on the back. The boat runs an honest 90+ and will move your brain it turns so hard. Tell him Steve sent ya.

RexRathburn
04-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Stoked:
RexRathburn
I owned a 20' Stoker for 15 years and sold the boat for 3K less than I paid for it, they are excellent running boats. I now have a 224 and again am very pleased. Contact Haullin 270 on the boards he has a 22' with a hand built Stoker motor on the back. The boat runs an honest 90+ and will move your brain it turns so hard. Tell him Steve sent ya. Thanks Stoked...we'll do! It seems like you don't hear much about Stokers, but when you ask a few questions people come out of the woodwork that just love them. I'm looking at a 204 either this weekend or next...I will post pics if I get it.

RexRathburn
04-03-2003, 08:06 AM
bordsmnj:
well i talked to my friend and he said he wants to think on for a couple days. it's an 84 20' with a 235 clamped on the back. stoker went through the motor about four years ago and its hardly been usede since.he says it's real nice.so he'll let me know in acouple days. He said he hardly uses it but has trouble with the idea of letting it go. Thanks for asking him for me...believe me I know it's hard to part with nice boats!

bordsmnj
04-03-2003, 04:58 PM
no prob. don't forget the pics :D

HBjet
04-03-2003, 07:31 PM
I've seen this boat at Parker a few times. Seems to run pretty good the few times I saw it.
HBjet

HavasuDreamin'
04-04-2003, 05:52 AM
HBjet:
I've seen this boat at Parker a few times. Seems to run pretty good the few times I saw it.
HBjet If I am not mistaken, the premier tunnel was built from the same mold the GMT Mod-VP boat was built from. The GMT's hauled a** when set up properly. The most infamous GMT was Greg Foster's #5 Del Taco Boat. :cool:

Havasu Cig
04-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Skaterfast:
DCB Rigging Stokers in 95?That's news to me.The 20,204 and 22 will run circles around anything.If Al made a new 26 I would probably be the 1st to sign up. When I bought my first DCB (Eliminator DCB) in 96 he was also rigging Stokers, Stv's and Skaters.

Stoked
04-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Havasu Cig
Spoke to John Stoker today DCB has never rigged a new Stoker. I did speak to a guy in Parker who took a used 22' to Dave for a fresh motor,gauges
etc. the boat turned out clean. Too bad it ran faster before the makeover.
Steve

RexRathburn
04-06-2003, 01:00 AM
Stoked:
Havasu Cig
Spoke to John Stoker today DCB has never rigged a new Stoker. I did speak to a guy in Parker who took a used 22' to Dave for a fresh motor,gauges
etc. the boat turned out clean. Too bad it ran faster before the makeover.
Steve That's odd? I wonder what Dave at DCB was talking about when he told me that they made them for a few years? Maybe he said it was "like" a Stoker and I misunderstood?

Stoked
04-06-2003, 05:40 PM
RexRathburn:
Check your E-Mail
Steve

Havasu Cig
04-08-2003, 09:55 AM
I will have to look at an old DCB brochure and see what it says...I personally saw Skaters and Eliminators being rigged in 96 and I thought the brochure also said they did Stokers and STV's. I could be wrong though...

STVBOY
04-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Jrocket do you still own that premier or did you sell the boat because I saw it today.

Jrocket
04-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Actually I did sell it but you most likely saw its twin.Theres another one that looks the same but has a teal color on the back instead of the blue that mine had.My old boat has the interior out of it right now.What motor was on the back?Mine has a new 2.5 drag cowling on it.Where abouts were you when you saw it?...... :D

STVBOY
04-10-2003, 09:25 AM
I saw the boat at a marine shop in Pomona and they were putting hydralic steering on it.The boat had no interior in it and had a 260 on it with an alien cowling. It also was blue not teal so sounds like yours. Wasn't that the boat that needed a bunch of fiberglass work because the bulkheads were cracking or seperating or something like that.

Jrocket
04-10-2003, 02:39 PM
STVBOY:
I saw the boat at a marine shop in Pomona and they were putting hydralic steering on it.The boat had no interior in it and had a 260 on it with an alien cowling. It also was blue not teal so sounds like yours. Wasn't that the boat that needed a bunch of fiberglass work because the bulkheads were cracking or seperating or something like that. Yes your right that was my old boat.I forgot he was having hydraulic steering put on right now..My mistake!! The bulk heads were cracked and the floors rotted from water.I had everything redone and fixed up nicely.I put new carpet,new alien drag cowl and 2.5 merc motor on it.All brand new.I had the lower unit and mid section painted,put all new autometer guages and EGT's in it,all new bezels and had alot of polishing and chroming done....Basically put alot of money in it and sold it..Lost my ass on it but oh well!!! frown