PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a truck license "RVRNDRT"?

roostwear
06-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Was towing out to the riv on the 40 Friday night?
A couple words of advice.....
Towing at 80 mph on the 40 isn't bright.
Towing IN THE FAST LANE (and refusing to tuck back into the slow lane for miles) at 80 mph on the 40 is even denser
When someone flashes you, it's a request to move back over into the slow lane (where you should be anyhow)
And when you WON'T move over and you force people to pass in the right lane, don't move in behind them and turn on your hi beams.

Not So Fast
06-05-2006, 07:49 AM
They will get him, rest assured of this :) NSF

Mrs. 4-B
06-05-2006, 08:34 AM
I feel your pain! Inconsiderate drivers! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

JetBoatRich
06-05-2006, 08:39 AM
should have thrown the shocker :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-05-2006, 08:43 AM
we were driving down rice road on sunday on our way home. We see this big puff of smoke ( looked like a car cought on fire) when we get closer a whole family poured out of the car stood by the side of the road and the man that was driving waved us to stop.
we stopped and turned around to see what happen. They had 3 kids and need help. We thought he had a flat. well come to find out a car was going to pass and almost hit him head on and he swerved off the road into the sand. He got stuck his rear tire wasn't even visible.
Well we pulled him out of the sand uninjured with a baby in a car seat and they were on there way. The fricken car that almost killed him and his whole family never fricken stopped. :mad: we were the only car that stopped. We just thanked God they were all o.k. :) ( our good deed for a family in need in 115 degree weather Priceless.) :p

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-05-2006, 08:43 AM
If its someone on here, I am sure they won't admit it. :rollside:

Her454
06-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Towing IN THE FAST LANE (and refusing to tuck back into the slow lane for miles) at 80 mph on the 40 is even denser
When someone flashes you, it's a request to move back over into the slow lane (where you should be anyhow)
And when you WON'T move over and you force people to pass in the right lane, don't move in behind them and turn on your hi beams.
Hopefully if they see this they won't be pissed off - but instead be thankful its not a thread offering condolences about an accident they had.

slink
06-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Not even trying to defend the actions here, but if he was towing doing 80mph and you passed him........HMMM :idea: Lets all slow down a little folks. The river isn't going anywhere. The life you save just might be mine. Thanks. (off the soap box)

BoatFloating
06-05-2006, 09:02 AM
I've seen that truck before trying to think were???? Typical though just don't get it.. Have a blow out at that speed towing and you're taking a few peeps with you..... If you wanna live life on the edge go ahead but don't endanger other people...

BoatFloating
06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Not even trying to defend the actions here, but if he was towing doing 80mph and you passed him........HMMM :idea: Lets all slow down a little folks. The river isn't going anywhere. The life you save just might be mine. Thanks. (off the soap box)
I'd pass him too since I''m not towing. I don't wanna be behind him when they wads up.......

Mrs 2LKHVSU
06-05-2006, 09:06 AM
It is someone on here.. LOL I'm about 99% sure I've seen that license plate before, but I'm not sure where. Somebody oughta go check the license plate thread that Barbigirl put up a little while ago.. :D
RD
I checked and didn't see it....

roostwear
06-05-2006, 09:12 AM
I was the passenger on Friday, no driving... the wife had duty that night. We weren't towing, and although I understand the point you're making, there's a world of difference between 80 in an mid-size suv and a truck towing 21 ft of boat.
So sorry if he's pissed, but I'm not the one lacking the towing skills and courtesy. All it would have taken is moving back over after he passed slower vehicles, and it wouldn't have been an issue.

Cole Trickle
06-05-2006, 09:13 AM
I checked and didn't see it....
That makes 2 of us :p

Mrs. casean
06-05-2006, 09:14 AM
we were driving down rice road on sunday on our way home. We see this big puff of smoke ( looked like a car cought on fire) when we get closer a whole family poured out of the car stood by the side of the road and the man that was driving waved us to stop.
we stopped and turned around to see what happen. They had 3 kids and need help. We thought he had a flat. well come to find out a car was going to pass and almost hit him head on and he swerved off the road into the sand. He got stuck his rear tire wasn't even visible.
Well we pulled him out of the sand uninjured with a baby in a car seat and they were on there way. The fricken car that almost killed him and his whole family never fricken stopped. :mad: we were the only car that stopped. We just thanked God they were all o.k. :) ( our good deed for a family in need in 115 degree weather Priceless.) :p
Good for you http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif I can't believe how people are when they pass and almost run people off the road! I was driving yesterday when we left yesterday afternoon, just after we left Big Bend, approaching a turn and here comes this guy w/ his boat and swerved so big into my lane becuase he was going so fast around the corner, he couldn't keep it in his lane! MORON! I was towing the boat and there was no way I would have had enough room to swerve and let him into my lane and not miss me had I have been just a hair ahead and approaching that turn sooner! Don't drive so fast! I was just thankful I wasn't at the turn yet! What is wrong w/ people! But then again Riverbound passed me on the freeway yesterday :D But then I passed him when we passed the semi blowing tons of smoke on the right lane putting along! Can't miss that new Tahoe w/ the BIG Stoker sticker on the back! :D He never looked over or I would have waved :D
Mrs. V! I'm glad there people like you guys! That poor family would have been stuck in that heat for a while probably!!! :( Good for you guys!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Good for you http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif I can't believe how people are when they pass and almost run people off the road! I was driving yesterday when we left yesterday afternoon, just after we left Big Bend, approaching a turn and here comes this guy w/ his boat and swerved so big into my lane becuase he was going so fast around the corner, he couldn't keep it in his lane! MORON! I was towing the boat and there was no way I would have had enough room to swerve and let him into my lane and not miss me had I have been just a hair ahead and approaching that turn sooner! Don't drive so fast! I was just thankful I wasn't at the turn yet! What is wrong w/ people! But then again Riverbound passed me on the freeway yesterday :D But then I passed him when we passed the semi blowing tons of smoke on the right lane putting along! Can't miss that new Tahoe w/ the BIG Stoker sticker on the back! :D He never looked over or I would have waved :D
Mrs. V! I'm glad there people like you guys! That poor family would have been stuck in that heat for a while probably!!! :( Good for you guys!
Thank you.. We were also passing the semi with all the smoke. Looked like he blew his motor.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
You know, my husband has a heavy foot too but over Memorial weekend going to and from the river we towed at around 65mph and we had awesome gas mileage and I swear we got there quicker. Slowing down does make a difference besides being so much safer. :boxed:

Mrs. casean
06-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Thank you.. We were also passing the semi with all the smoke. Looked like he blew his motor.
Yeah that didn't look so good! He was trying to get off it seemed rather than stop on the side of the freeway. We must have been on the road at the same time!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah that didn't look so good! He was trying to get off it seemed rather than stop on the side of the freeway. We must have been on the road at the same time!
we must not have been too far behind you guys.. We have a peuter truck with a big white unleashed sticker in the center of the window.

unleashed
06-05-2006, 09:48 AM
we must not have been too far behind you guys.. We have a peuter truck with a big white unleashed sticker in the center of the window.
Awesome...good seeing you guys this weekend. I love your ski boat!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Mrs. casean
06-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I didn't see you guys, but now I know what to look for :D We've got a white C/C GMC w/ an RBP sticker on the back... :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Awesome...good seeing you guys this weekend. I love your ski boat!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
the ski boat is nice but we still miss the big boat. We got beat up coming back from the sandbar. :rollside:
Deano it was great to see you and the family again. Loved the frog. LOL!! :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-05-2006, 09:54 AM
I didn't see you guys, but now I know what to look for :D We've got a white C/C GMC w/ an RBP sticker on the back... :D
LOL!! we do too. :p

dmontzsta
06-05-2006, 09:59 AM
The max speed I have ever towed was 70mph and even then I get a little worried. If a trailer tire blows, you are screwed. Also, most tires are not even rated for speed.

STV_Keith
06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I know I saw that plate in Havasu over Memorial weekend.

Hardly Satisfied
06-05-2006, 10:07 AM
OK everyone ,I drive 7-8 miles over the speed limit not towing. This last trip coming back from havasu I was 5 over the speed limit . Not very much of a time differance. Much saver , I am sure we have all been in a hurry at one time or another, but when you start getting older and wiser and have a family with kids you want to make sure that you make it there and back home safe , .To save a extre 15 to 20 mins it's not worth it.

Mrs. casean
06-05-2006, 10:11 AM
LOL!! we do too. :p
We'll be able to spot you guys for sure then next time :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-05-2006, 10:12 AM
We'll be able to spot you guys for sure then next time :D
LOL!! :rollside: :p

RitcheyRch
06-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Do the same. An extra 15-20 minutes early isnt worth the risk.
OK everyone ,I drive 7-8 miles over the speed limit not towing. This last trip coming back from havasu I was 5 over the speed limit . Not very much of a time differance. Much saver , I am sure we have all been in a hurry at one time or another, but when you start getting older and wiser and have a family with kids you want to make sure that you make it there and back home safe , .To save a extre 15 to 20 mins it's not worth it.

riverbound
06-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Damn....looks like Im gonna have to change my plates now :cry:

J540
06-05-2006, 10:54 AM
It wasn't a black Excusion was it with a Cole 20' boat was it ?.
OH wait I dont drive that slow. :crossx: .
That plate looks so familiar.

Mrs. casean
06-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Damn....looks like Im gonna have to change my plates now :cry:
You still can't miss you w/ the sticker on the back of the Tahoe :D

riverbound
06-05-2006, 11:04 AM
You still can't miss you w/ the sticker on the back of the Tahoe :D
I must have passed you this weekend :crossx:

Schiada76
06-05-2006, 11:09 AM
It wasn't a black Excusion was it with a Cole 20' boat was it ?.
OH wait I dont drive that slow. :crossx: .
That plate looks so familiar.
HEY!!!!
Where's my impeller BIOTCH! :D
Wait, fawk the impeller. Where's the water pump? :rolleyes:

Mrs. casean
06-05-2006, 12:01 PM
I must have passed you this weekend :crossx:
Yep :D But then I passed you when we were passing the semi w/ lots of smoke putting along on the freeway :D I looked over at you but you didn't look so I couldn't wave.... :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Yep :D But then I passed you when we were passing the semi w/ lots of smoke putting along on the freeway :D I looked over at you but you didn't look so I couldn't wave.... :D
He's rude like that. :D

Mrs. casean
06-05-2006, 12:07 PM
He's rude like that. :D
:D I figured hahah! Just kidding Bill! You were talking on the phone or had kids in the back you were talking to... couldn't tell. I like the new Tahoe!

riverbound
06-10-2006, 09:04 AM
:D I figured hahah! Just kidding Bill! You were talking on the phone or had kids in the back you were talking to... couldn't tell. I like the new Tahoe!
Most liekly yelling at the kids to be quiet while I was on the phone ;)
Thanks, I like it too :D

Flying Tiger
06-10-2006, 11:20 AM
That has to be the most witnessed experience with a Rice Rd regular.
Those very words.
The accidents are usually involving rice burners Toyota / Nissan / Honda / Itchypuzzys,,, hence the name Rice rd.

Kokopelli
06-11-2006, 09:33 AM
That has to be the most witnessed experience with a Rice Rd regular.
Those very words.
The accidents are usually involving rice burners Toyota / Nissan / Honda / Itchypuzzys,,, hence the name Rice rd.
Hence, I use Poston Road instead of Rice Road now. Too many accidents.... too many deaths.

ThongMagnet
06-11-2006, 10:00 AM
I say get to the right, let them (the guy/gal with the brights) pass, so LE can get them up a head. I just pretend they are in a hurry to get to the hospital. (and pray they do)
I usually tow between 55-75mph. I will choose my lane depending on traffic speed and condition of road. 75 mph is on the flat deserted portion of the freeway, and the freeway has good shoulders, allowing a save stop if a front tire were to blow apart. At night, its usually no more than 65mph, since visibility is limited, and I don't want a truck tire tread to scratch the bottom of the boat that I could not avoid.

ThongMagnet
06-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Hence, I use Poston Road instead of Rice Road now. Too many accidents.... too many deaths.
Another reason Phoenix is better then LA.....NO RICE RD. !!!!!

HTRDLNCN
06-11-2006, 10:17 AM
I guess Im the guy holding up traffic,,I tow as slow as possible in the right lane without being a traffic hazzard or getting run over by a semi... Then again in 25+ years of towing boats,equipment trailers,car trailers I have only had three blowouts and 2 trailer bearings go bad (good maintenence helps too! ). Some guys I know that tow at uber speeds go thru that in a season..They dont learn though..