PDA

View Full Version : American Offshore 2600

CrothRocketKid
09-20-2003, 02:20 PM
I am currently looking at a 94 American Offshore 2600 cat. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge they could share about these boats. :confused: Particularly about the hull and its handling. Though Engine talk would be great too as this boat has run in salt water... Thanks for your advice good :) or Bad :mad: .

Jrocket
09-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Not too sure about the boat but Im thinking you missed a "C" in your name.

riverliver
09-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Jrocket:
Not too sure about the boat but Im thinking you missed a "C" in your name. LOL :D wink

boatnam2
09-20-2003, 03:36 PM
shoot me a pm i will tell you everything you want to know plus some!

Essex29
09-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Jrocket:
Not too sure about the boat but Im thinking you missed a "C" in your name. that's funny.

CrothRocketKid
09-20-2003, 06:33 PM
So i f-ed up. Woops... I think you get the point. Just to get it out of the way.. I cant spell, I smell, Im not real smart, and I only bang fat chicks!
Now since that's out of the way, Any info on the cat.
Thanks

Havasu Hangin'
09-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Jrocket:
Not too sure about the boat but Im thinking you missed a "C" in your name. Johnny...the poor kid has a lisp...that's not very nice.

Jrocket
09-20-2003, 07:40 PM
CrothRocketKid:
I cant spell, I smell, Im not real smart, and I only bang fat chicks!
So far,you'll fit in just nicely! As for the boat.take Boatnam up on his offer or keep checking back in.One of the guys on this forum has a brother just bought a new one.He might get you some answers.Its not one of the more popular boats talked about in this forum,but there are some people that will help you.
Welcome in. :D

riverliver
09-21-2003, 05:43 AM
CrothRocketKid:
So i f-ed up. Woops... I think you get the point. Just to get it out of the way.. I cant spell, I smell, Im not real smart, and I only bang fat chicks!
Now since that's out of the way, Any info on the cat.
Thanks Yes I think you will fit in just fine !!!!! :D wink LOL

Reaper1
09-22-2003, 01:54 PM
Crotch Rocket - As J-Rocket said my bro has a brand new one. PM me and I'll give you the dirty dirty. Holla!

BiggusJimbus
09-22-2003, 02:10 PM
You will also find a gentleman who ironically goes by the handle of "Blown Carerra".
He's got a very nice 2600. He's got some issues with it, as it is a light layup boat, that are primarily cosmetic, however, they are still important.

sammtron
09-22-2003, 03:57 PM
i have a 2003 2600 4 for sale

acatitude
09-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Jimbus the blown carrera stays cause i dont want to lose my member number 386 which will happen if i change to shameless kitty hence i stay, but the blown carrera is gone lol. anyways crothrocket or however, email me and I will give you the straight scoop as I do know it, Ken

acatitude
09-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Jimbus the blown carrera stays cause i dont want to lose my member number 386 which will happen if i change to shameless kitty hence i stay, but the blown carrera is gone lol. anyways crothrocket or however, email me and I will give you the straight scoop as I do know it, :D Ken

fasteddie51
09-25-2003, 07:58 PM
What's up with all you pussys and your PMs & emails!!! He is talking about a 1994 AO and there is most likely none of you that know any thing about them other than a breif look at the back of them when they ripped past you !!! Lets look at a 94 anything else and see what's out there!!! Get me the HIN and I will let you know who it sold to new and how much it sold for! I would bet it will be within a few grand of what they want now and most likely the few grand will be on the top side.. horse power for horse power the 94 AO will out run and out handle any thing out there and if someone thinks different then bring it on so we can check it out.......

fasteddie51
09-25-2003, 07:58 PM
What's up with all you pussys and your PMs & emails!!! He is talking about a 1994 AO and there is most likely none of you that know any thing about them other than a breif look at the back of them when they ripped past you !!! Lets look at a 94 anything else and see what's out there!!! Get me the HIN and I will let you know who it sold to new and how much it sold for! I would bet it will be within a few grand of what they want now and most likely the few grand will be on the top side.. horse power for horse power the 94 AO will out run and out handle any thing out there and if someone thinks different then bring it on so we can check it out.......

Sandbar Mike
09-26-2003, 05:00 AM
fasteddie51:
What's up with all you pussys and your PMs & emails!!! He is talking about a 1994 AO and there is most likely none of you that know any thing about them other than a breif look at the back of them when they ripped past you !!! Lets look at a 94 anything else and see what's out there!!! Get me the HIN and I will let you know who it sold to new and how much it sold for! I would bet it will be within a few grand of what they want now and most likely the few grand will be on the top side.. horse power for horse power the 94 AO will out run and out handle any thing out there and if someone thinks different then bring it on so we can check it out....... Fateddie,
What's up with the double insult?
I went through Reapers brothers boat, AO did a very good job. The boat is running a 500EFI and ran a few mph slower than my 29 Force w/540CI right around the low 80's. The only thing I've herd is the AO 26 is very jumpy. I've seen those boys get some sick air, which wouldn't bother me. :D What the hell just get an extra ass cushion.
Crotch rocket, I think 94 was right around the time the first few AO's were built(correct me if i'm wrong Eddie). Good luck

Jrocket
09-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Fasteddie,
Do you always come across like a major asshole or is this a one time deal?

Reaper1
09-26-2003, 02:33 PM
And Now!!! Our feature presentation. :p Let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEE!!! :cool:

pleasantcat
09-26-2003, 04:55 PM
wow someone has issues and needs some ridalin. nobody was baggin on the ao's so chill the f out.there is ALWAYS sombody better or faster.
hey crothrocket, there has been a guy on here trying to sell one (2600 ao) for a long time. if you look back in the postings you will find it. looks like a killer deal for what he has.
oh, fateddie, CHECKERS RULE!
[ September 26, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: pleasantcat ]

DogHouse
09-26-2003, 05:09 PM
It's ok Pleasantcat, how's that blower envy coming along? Oh wait, I have it too, never mind... :D
BTW I agree that the AO is a good running hull, but to a point... Once you start talking big power I think the Daytonas, Machs and HTMs will pull away. :p

playdeep
09-26-2003, 05:41 PM
...isn't the mother of all Havasu builders cats still for sale?(Blosdale's ex AO) :D

riverliver
09-26-2003, 06:19 PM
CHECKERS RULE! http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/good.gif http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/bebe.gif http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/ass.gif
[ September 26, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: riverliver ]

fasteddie51
09-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Show me a 1994 Mach, or HTM.... LOL!! Ya Right!!!!! As far as a 94 Daytona....hahahahaha!!!!This is just too funny and I am having a hard time trying to type here!!! Maybe, Just maybe if you find one with "let's say about 3,000 Horse Power" it might just see 85 MPH behind your super charged dually!!! BTW.....That would have to be down hill of course!!!!They were quite "heavy"!!!! If you spent any time at the lake back then, you would very rarely see it leave the tent that was pitched over them on the beach, except to put it on the trailer....If you seen it running, one could only think it was a torpedo, coz how flat and wet it would run!! If you ask about it, surely it was a 120 MPH ass kicking ride with a lot of shinning hardware to back up this myth...........Lot of if's here!!!!! Jrocket, am I in the wrong site???? I thought that this was the place for assholes to vent :confused: ..............

riverliver
09-26-2003, 06:29 PM
fasteddie51:
Jrocket, am I in the wrong site???? I thought that this was the place for assholes to vent :confused: .............. And you are doing a good job of it ..... pig_flyi

goinballistic
09-26-2003, 06:31 PM
there's a mid nineties ao for sale out here in cal for sale that will run 114 for a fact been in it with a gps. he's askin' 42k with a 14-71 blown 510 and an IMCO drive

DogHouse
09-26-2003, 07:08 PM
FE51, don't get your panties all in a wad! If you've been around the board for a while you'd know that I obviously think the AO is a good design that does lots of things well, because the boat I bought new last year is a direct descendant of that bottom. I'm sure it was the fastest thing around in 1994. Well, except for the Talon that it was ripped off from. Too bad it hasn't changed much in 9 years and others have. When's the last time that you saw a 26 AO that would run 130? How about 140? There are engineering reasons that some other hulls are faster now but I'm guessing they'd be lost on you!
:D

Badboat1
09-26-2003, 07:55 PM
I built a freind a Engine for his 93 Offshore and he was tired of breaking shit from other places and I was easy on it and it made 750 hp and ran 106mph so tell me.Badass boats.I 'am looking for one now,I want a early one with the light lay up Ed did........
BB1

Tom Slick
09-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Fasteddie51 is the owner or manager of American Offshore. If this is true, way to jump on here and promote your product dipshit yuk It's no wonder why that company is such a mess. With a clown like you at the helm any company would be run like a three ring circus. You may want to get your facts staight before you jump on here and start calling these guys pussys and making claims that your boats are the shit. Piece of shit maybe, but not the shit. Horsepower to Horsepower, an HTM would kick an AO's ass. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some rather nice and newer AO's out there, but I do know of a few that would be better off if the drain plug was left at the dock. Maybe you should spend a little less time on here promoting your product (calling people names) and more time in the quality control department at your facility. Maybe then your boats won't have problems like cracked fuel tanks and delaminating bottoms. It's not really my style to jump on here and rip on some one, but your lame ass left the door wide open.

Jrocket
09-27-2003, 02:50 AM
Tom Slick,
That was one of,if not,the best reply Ive read in a very long time.I couldnt agree more!I feel bad for the guys that own these boats.Having a boat thats name is associated with that guy.I would sell for that reason alone.

pleasantcat
09-27-2003, 09:13 AM
ya know, i just dont get it. if he's a "higher up" at ao you would think he would be nice to everyone and attract them to his product. from what i've read on this post, he's done nothing but insult and talk crap about alot of companies that have progressed into the next century of fast technology. i cant tell one ao from the next so, before you knock our boats try reading some of the latest test runs. oh, reading the articles give you alot more info than just looking at the pictures. 25' daytona 1400hp ran 144 on parker strip with more engine left. i remember your post said 3000hp would run 80. chew on that for a while. sorry for the long post guys this lamo gets me going. pc yuk

pleasantcat
09-27-2003, 09:23 AM
DogHouse:
It's ok Pleasantcat, how's that blower envy coming along? Oh wait, I have it too, never mind... :D
BTW I agree that the AO is a good running hull, but to a point... Once you start talking big power I think the Daytonas, Machs and HTMs will pull away. :p hey doghouse, no envy here. i just want that few extra ponies to run with them. something to be said for turn key no hassle boating :D
i'm going out on sat and sunday so hope to see ya az guys out there

Skullinator
09-27-2003, 09:35 AM
I'm Over it.Good job Tom Slick give him hell
[ September 27, 2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Skullinator ]

Fhat Cat
09-27-2003, 09:43 AM
I know of a 1998 Howard 26 cat foe sale....Way nice boat. no engine whoever but a great price!!
Topic under cats and tunnels....

acatitude
09-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Hey Guys one thing you got to get straight, Fasteddie is NOT the owner of American Offshore. He started AO many years ago and built some fast ass boats, I might add the 26 is still raced in offshore races, dont see many elims in the big water, but thats not what I'm here to argue. I am biased cuzz I bought a AO from the last dip shit asshole owner who skipped with a lot of money. Ed finished my boat so I at least had one, and you guys are always saying Ed screwed up AO, not true and I think his venting is because its always coming back on him, but he sold AO long ago and has just been trying to help some of us get our boats right. I am happy he is around regardless of his lack of tact (lol) and you all know the howard is a direct splash from AO, so some thought it was a pretty nice ride. Just wanted you to know that, and yes the elim at 144mph, guess we should just burn every other boat made huh? lets compare prices??? I dont think for a stock 26 ft anything you get a 84 mph boat off the showroom floor, correct me if im wrong, just havent seen it or heard it on here . I hear a lot of 26's with hp 500 and 496 going high 70's. I have a stock 502/470 hp bravo 1 running 83 with no changes. I think that tells a little about the hull design, cuzz its the hull making that speed not the motor. OK there Ed so be nice damn

Jrocket
09-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Blowncarrera,
Its good to see you got your boat done,but Ed still comes across like an ass in here though!
BTW,my boat will run 83.Sometimes more towards 85 if its low on fuel.Mach26,HP500EFI Bravo 1.

riverliver
09-27-2003, 02:02 PM
Jrocket:
BTW,my boat will run 83.Sometimes more towards 85 if its low on fuel.Mach26,HP500EFI Bravo 1. Yes it dose.... :D
[ September 27, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: riverliver ]

fasteddie51
09-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Sorry guy's sorry, sorry, sorry, if you all are to dumb to read!! You should try spending more time watching the learning channel and less time talking shit that you only wished you knew about!!!!!! 1994!!!! Were talking about 1994.......... nineteen hundred ninety four Bring me one of this year Mach, HTM or your world famous Daytona's and I will take a American Offshore 1994 and shit all over it and you too............ :cool:

Tom Slick
09-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Fasteddie,
You are a f!@#ing cock lover. You suck and so do a majority of your boats. I have a few friends that have some very nice and good running AO's, but I have seen more than a few that are huge piles of shit. How many owners has American Offshore had since the beginning anyways? Other then a bunch of crooks trying their hand at boat building, what is the problem with the company? Why do you keep bragging about your pile of shit 94 that isn't worth $50 in a pawn shop in South Central? Is that all that you have to hold onto is 1994 technology that you ripped off from a boat that was originally designed in the mid 80's? Maybe when you design your own boat and it whips every other manufactures ass that you have mentioned in your posts, then maybe and only maybe you can start flapping your lips. I do have to admit though, you had good taste when you picked a boat to splash. The Talon is a tried and true great boat! Talon should be flattered, as not only you but just about every other manufacture has copied their boat. From a marketing stand point, you may want to consider other avenues other then this forum to advertise your boats, as you are obviously not very good at it. Perhaps less bullshit out of your mouth and more ads and performance evaluations in Hot Boat, Powerboat and Poker Runs America Magazines would help, or maybe those magazines realize what an A-hole you really are and don't give a dam about you or your boats. Just a thought. If it makes you fell any better then just keep smacking your gums and keep on digging the hole that you are already in a little deeper stupid. I'm sorry, did I just shit all over you?
[ September 28, 2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Tom Slick ]

Charley
09-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Wow.... I've been missing all the fun... TomS...!! LMAO here ..good reading my man.. If Fast Eddie really is a manager or owner of AO then that makes his posts 10x worse but either way it has some funny shit in it. First of all, running fast isn't the only thing most people look for in a boat today.. maybe back in 1994 that was the main criteria, but people buying boats today want ammenities too like bitchen gel coats and well planned storage areas and electronics gadgets and stereo's. Sorry, but AO lacks kinda severely in all these other areas. Howard took the AO and pretty much copied it and added this stuff in as a manufacterer, good thinkin huh?....I'm gonna catch shit for this one but as a group the west coast boys are kicking the East coast boy's asses in fit and finish when it comes to putting together a "custom" boat... I'm not talking individually there but as a group of manufacturers, West coast does cover more bases. Basically I'm sayin this.. yeah AO's are fast, but these days so are 5+ other hulls in that size range why settle for half the package? kinda likethis..would you prefer to have a hot looking chick at yer side or a hot looking chick that gave great Bj's, cooked and cleaned and lived to fetch beers for you and yer buddies with a smile... sorry but I'll take the latter and when I bought my DCB I did wink :p :D

pleasantcat
09-28-2003, 11:40 AM
toms,charlie, if i ever see you guys in person i owe both of ya a cold one. oh, fateddie my dogs just left something for you in the yard and i'll ship it too ya when it quits steaming. i'm done posting on this thread sorry. i dont like to talk s--t but some people really dont have a grasp on the NEW TECHNOLOGY! 94 is gone let it go! i had a super hot chick in the 90's so what! damn i had one last night too :D

Sandbar Mike
09-29-2003, 05:53 AM
Oh **** it, Nevermind. :D
Slick Good words wink
[ September 29, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Sandbar Mike ]

26offshore
09-29-2003, 06:24 AM
94 AMERICAN OFFSHORE
581 1000HP (on pump gas)
1071 MONEYHAM BLOWER
1050 DOMINATORS
BOWTIE BLOCK
SONNY BRYANT CRANK
BRODIX HEADS
JE PISTONS
CARILLO RODS
IMCO HEADERS
JUST ABOUT THE BEST OF EVERYTHING IN MOTOR
10 HOURS ON NEW XR DRIVE
1:50 GEARS 32 PITCH PROP
RUNS ABOUT 112MPH
$7000 STEREO SYSTEM
ALPINE HEAD AND CHANGER
4 10" SUBS
4 PPI AMPS
14 BOSTON PRO SERIES SPEAKERS THROUGH OUT BOAT
$55,000 OBO
MIKE KERKES
949-246/2755
949-837-9000 x 129

CrothRocketKid
09-30-2003, 10:29 AM
I guess I should say thanx for the responses Guy’s. I appreciate what you all have said and still plan on buying the boat. I just need the dude I’m planning on getting it from to give me the right price. Hopefully I will be a proud member of the triple digit club one day soon.
One thing about most that responded: Its nice to see everyone get along so well. I mean that, Keep it up.
One thing in defense of fasteddie . I was reading a thread on Screamandfly and fasteddie was over there replying to a AO question. This fasteddie was pretty sure it was his brother f-ing around with his username.
ONE MORE THING. Any real info you guys might have about this boat would be great. Especially negative things to question and look for. If you want to keep it private please PM me.
hope to see you douche-bags on the water…….
CrotChRocket

Sandbar Mike
09-30-2003, 10:46 AM
hope to see you douche-bags on the water…….
CrotChRocket [/QB][/QUOTE]
:D :D
Funny stuff

Reaper1
09-30-2003, 02:54 PM
hope to see you douche-bags on the water……. You talkin to me? Say hello to my little friend! :mad: :D

FASTERDAMITT
09-30-2003, 03:00 PM
WOW.., This sh*t is interesting. It must suck to be the owner of an A/O, Not! I thought about it many times and I would buy another one.
I'll take another (very stable, great handling, NON porpoising, graphics never get outdated, still good looking "imo", 100 mph,) American Offshore. AND with the $60.000 I have left(over the inflated price of some boats) I think I'll buy me a new ZR1 Corvette,no, maybe a Saleen Mustang, No maybe another BMW for the wife. Or maybe a mobile home on the river. Just call me conservative! wink

sammtron
09-30-2003, 05:20 PM
^^^ what he said^^^ :) :)

Charley
09-30-2003, 08:04 PM
FASTERDAMITT:
AND with the $60.000 I have left(over the inflated price of some boats) I think I'll buy me a new ZR1 Corvette,no, maybe a Saleen MustangNo offense faster but the fact that you called for the "ZR1" Vette or the "Salleen" Mustang is exactly the point we are trying to make... The AO is just the stock vette or the mustang :D wink :p
[ September 30, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Jrocket
09-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Charley:
No offense faster but the fact that you called for the "ZR1" Vette or the "Salleen" Mustang is exactly the point we are trying to make... The AO is just the stock vette or the mustang :D wink :p Charley,...oh nevermind,you know! :D

Tom Slick
10-01-2003, 08:42 AM
I didn't intend to offend any of you AO owners with my post to Fasteddie51. I just wanted to put that idiot in his place for coming on here and acting like such as A--hole. I have one friend that recently bought a brand new 26 AO from Fasteddie and he went through hell trying to get it. Eddie pulled out every excuse in the book to delay the delivery, including the excuse of dropping his motor off the lift, so they had to wait for Mercury to get a replacement. In the end Fasteddie came through and delivered the boat, but it was way, way past the original due date. Either way, he did deliver a nice boat, but the X-demension seems to be way out of wack,(as it does on most of his boats) as getting this boat to plane is quite a chore. Like I said in my earlier posts, I have seen some nice and very quick AO's, but that doesn't take away the fact that I have also seen and heard of some pretty bad ones as well. Yes, by todays boat prices, $70,000 for a turnkey AO that runs 80mph is a pretty good deal, compared to DCB, Eliminator etc., But you do get what you pay for. If you want a boat with cool gel coat graphics, bitchen fit and finish, the best hardware, etc, etc, you will pay a higher price. Anyway, to make a long story short, Fasteddie is a fag, his customer service sucks and his boats are questionable. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable giving my money to this guy on the other side of the country and hope that he is going to come through.

Charley
10-01-2003, 08:44 AM
boxed

Three Days Only
10-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Wow, Tom Slick, Those are some pretty harsh words. This guy really got you going, and I thought you were such a loving and caring person, remind me not to get you mad!!!! I never knew you had so much anger in you.
See you at the river dog!!!!!
3DO

fasteddie51
10-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey Slick,
Why don't you have your friend come out and tell us about the hell he went through trying to get his boat????? I would love to hear the story about way, way, late!!! also the customer service that I am lacking????? What's this???? I do not need to even offer customer service coz my shit does not need service it is pretty basic and when my boats are sold with mercruiser, they take care of the things that are most likely to need servicing or warranty, something you would not know about you just get others "worn out crap" and then you want to "talk the talk" but never "walked the walk" I was thinking what a dumb f--k you were, now I can see what a pussy that has shit for brains you are!!!!!!! Have a good life and please remove your lip stick before you kiss my ass wink
Crothrocket, I hope these post are helpfull for you trying to find out every thing one needs to know to in order to make the decision on your boat purchase!!! As always buying a AO is a pleasurable experience !!!!!

boatcrazy
10-02-2003, 05:12 AM
I have a 1996 26'a/o nxs lingenfelter built 540 procharged with pfm complete gorilla engine mgmnt. system, imco extreme drive only 80hrs. on motor and drive.100 mph. plus all day long,a real nice piece.$46,500 firm.If you need yo ask any questions call (812)457-8435 John Gooch. P.S. Big hello to fasteddie,i found you a couple of 502 crate motors a long time ago.

DogHouse
10-02-2003, 09:29 AM
FE51, your posts on this topic have really shown a lot about you. If your behavior in person is even half as unprofessional as your words on this board, then I'm surprised that anyone would trust you with their money. I know that I sure wouldn't buy anything from you even if you built the best boat in the world! You could learn a lot from some of the other industry professionals that have chosen to participate in the boards. Typically they remain fairly neutral and provide support and factual information about their products without overt boasting or bashing of other companies' products, and they also don't get involved in pissing contests! For their efforts and professionalism, they build good word of mouth reputation and customer loyalty. I'm not sure what a talking smack like a jackass will get you, but I seriously doubt it will be enhanced boat sales!
:rolleyes:

Three Days Only
10-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Fastoutofbusiness,
What are you trying to accomplish out here. You come out here slamming people and there opinions not realizing that constructive critiscim can only help you in the long run. Instead of running your mouth, way not sit back and absorb what is being said and use that to develop a better product. I own\run a company which would be out of businees by now if I carried on like you have been doing the last few days. Read your own post and judge for yourself? Would you say that you are a self centered, arrogant, foul mouthed dick? I would, and I do not know you. After reading this thread im surprised that you have sold any boats. Calling people pussies is not the way to create interest in a product.
Someone came out here looking for answers regarding a boat which is built by you. Instead of being informative and encouraging, you have put someone in the position that they would be afraid to call and ask questions of the manufacture becuase he is so biasis. Hello, Clueless - Way to run a company. From a business stand point get off the high horse, wise up, and stop killing possible sales.
3DO
PS - Sounds like doing business with you would be a real pleasureable experience? Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ October 02, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Three Days Only ]

mbrown2
10-02-2003, 01:21 PM
...And the really smart owners just watch and listen as lurkers and make sure they make great boats that everyone on here is looking for and don't make the mistake of other manufacture's on this board. :)

Charley
10-02-2003, 02:36 PM
So.....FastEddie ... how would you compare your American Offshore Boats to the other manufacturers?? Here is a short list so we can keep your attention
Say
AOS 2600 vs DCB Mach26
AOS 3100 vs DCB Mach29
AOS vs Howard's 26' Cat
AOS 3100 vs Spectre 30' Cat
I'm guessing you will not have the guts to respond but if you do... we are all Ears :D

Craig
10-02-2003, 08:20 PM
[/QUOTE]No offense faster but the fact that you called for the "ZR1" Vette or the "Salleen" Mustang is exactly the point we are trying to make... The AO is just the stock vette or the mustang :D wink :p [/QB][/QUOTE]
What's "stock" about some Saleens Charlie? You're killin' me :D
Saleen S351 Specs
Engine-351 cubic inch (5.8L) Saleen Centrifugal Supercharged OHV 90 degree V-8
Horsepower-495 @ 5400 rpm
Torque-490 feet pounds @ 3500 rpm
Drivetrain-Transmission Saleen Quick Ratio 6-speed manual transmission
Driveshaft-8.8" differential 3.27:1 ratio Saleen driveshaft
Optional: 8.8" differential 3.55:1 or 3.08:1 ratio driveshaft
Suspension-Front Hybrid MacPherson struts with Saleens Racecraft system
Rear-Live axle four bar link with Saleen Racecraft variable rate coil-springs on boxed lower trailing arms
Brakes-Power 4-wheel ABS disc brakes
Front: Saleen 13.0" grooved disc with 4-piston calipers
Rear: 10.5" disc with 4 piston calipers
Wheels-Saleen five spoke alloy wheels
Front and Rear 18" x 9" O
Optional: Rear 18" x 10"
Tires Pirelli P7000
Front: P255/35 ZR-18
Rear: P265/35 ZR-18
Optional: Pirelli PZero Front: P265/35 ZR-18 Rear: P295/35 ZR-18
Performance-1/4 Mile 12.7 secs @122.0 MPH
0-60 4.5 top speed: 172
lat. accel-.0.93g
Craig :)
[ October 02, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Tom Slick
10-02-2003, 08:31 PM
Fasteddie,
Your last post pretty much puts an exclamation point on what an idiot your really are. Do you think that Eliminator would sell boats if Bob Leach came on here calling people pussies and boasting about his boats like you did. Before you dig this hole your in any deeper, why don't you read your posts again and then maybe you will realize what a dumb f!@# you are for starting this whole thing in the first place. It wasn't me or any of the other guys on here that started running there mouths like they are the all time king of power boating. I belive that was you. If anyone should do some ass kissing it should be you, to the people on this board that you bashed. Why on earth you think that I would kiss your ass is beyond me. I stand behind everything that I have said on here about you. As you can also see, unless your are f!@#ing blind everyone on here that has commented thinks the same thing about you. Now if you want to keep this going, I can bash you until the end of time, but I really don't think it is in your benifit, as you would be better off spending your time taking some personal skills classes at the local JC. Besides that you are starting to bore me with you lame attempts at putting me down. Peace Out fagget. :D
P.S. I think we can all tell who wears the lip stick queer!

Three Days Only
10-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Charley:
So.....FastEddie ... how would you compare your American Offshore Boats to the other manufacturers?? Here is a short list so we can keep your attention
Say
AOS 2600 vs DCB Mach26
AOS 3100 vs DCB Mach29
AOS vs Howard's 26' Cat
AOS 3100 vs Spectre 30' Cat
I'm guessing you will not have the guts to respond but if you do... we are all Ears :D Im all ears also! I would love to see your take on this also hotshot!!!!

fasteddie51
10-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Charlie,
I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability, but before this I feel the need to explain this to you......
I started building AOs in 1992 and sold the company in 1999 I built 50 boats per year and could sell all I could build!! There was not much competiton back then, Skater built mostly OBs and race boats, Talon built mostly center consol's outboards, Eliminator Daytona's and Warlock's just did not run and Motion, Cobra and a hand full of other boats did not do much in IOs The AO was a boat that one could buy and run true 100 MPH for under fifty grand and the people who bought were happy with them!! Things started to change in 1995 and more companys were starting to pop up and so were faster boats!!! I was forced to move from Grove Oklahoma in fall of 1997 "Condemnation" and sold out end of 1998.... The boats were tested many times in the build period and got good reviews but I knew that new models were over due and the new owners of the company were to get busy on this and come up with some new stuff but this did not happen, they ended up selling the business to a big crook who just milked everyone involved for all he could get and did nothing to enhance AO!
I have nothing to do with what has been built for the past 4 years "good or bad" so I will not compare them to anything, and the boats that people here are comparing mine to were not around in 1994 except for the Daytona's and if you know any thing about performance boats you will know the old "pre 95" Daytona's did not compare!! They had 7 color gel, AO had 1, They had wood floors, AO had fiber glass liners, They were slow, AO was fast, They rode rough, AO rode smooth, They would bow steer, AO would not! and the list goies on!!! Today you can sell a 94 AO for a pretty good price and there is people who want them! Which one would you want to be sitting on if you had your choice and you need to sell,, 1994 27 Daytona or 1994 2600 with the same power?????
Through out this thread I have not bashed any other builder "I just said how the 94 Daytona performed" I would not do this and never bashed anyone trying to sell a boat! I truly think the boats should sell it's self and if it is not what a person want's then you should never sell it to them, everyone is much better off this way... I also think that if someone ask a question here like Croth Rocket did and someone want's to give him some input then they should share it with everyone here... As far as you keeping my attention, well it seems like you guys are the one in need for the short list, or at least some reading instructions, just go back and read my post and show me were I compared AO to any current builders and bashed them!! I will take all of you up on the boats in question and run anything you can come up with that was built in 94, and just like I said "I will shit all over it" so bring it on I will even put some of my hard earned money were my mouth is.... Now for the answers you are all ears for.......
2600 vs DCB 26 never seen a DCD but they look real nice in HB magazine
3100 vs DCB 29 never seen this one but 3100 would walk all over it in rough water "BIG TIME" I will take these bets too.........
2600 vs Howard well never checked this out it to came late in my career, but from what I understand they share the same bottom and top as well so it should run good.....
3100 vs 30 Spectre The 30 Spectre is more like a 28 skater again you are comparing a small boat to a big one, the 3100 would eat it's lunch in rough water!! Have any of you ever been in a 3100 in rough stuff????? Or should I ask has any one ever been in the rough other than a dammed up pond out in the desert that does not even have cruiser wakes to deal with???? Why dont you guys take a trip to the lake of the ozarks and see how these boats fare there and then you will not be asking all these stupid questions here........ I can not understand why slick keeps calling me a fag, this is unusual behavior for a straight man so it makes me wonder about him!! But then again he is going through a lot of stress trying to collect his unemployment these days and most any thing will trigger him to a un controlling reaction...... Now will you please tell slick to get his friend on here that has all the problems with me, his boat and the hell he went through trying to get it!!! This is the nice thing about open forums and one of the reasons why I came here in the first place!! let's all defend ourself's from the likes of liars like Mr Tom Slick and have them back up the shit they sling here................
PS: I think Eliminator and all the other boats out there are doing a nice job and I do not agree with the comment on fit and finish from the west coast is better than the east!!! Check out the Nortech, Skater, Fountain, Outerlimits and Marine Tech!!! Now who is bashing who?????

Charley
10-03-2003, 01:05 AM
Fast... you started that post off like you were gonna break away from those bad habits of mud slingin and show some class as a manufacturer. Then you slipped back in to it....Instead of saying how yer 3100 is an excellent rough water boat and leaving it at that, you choose to state how it will walk all over something in rough water and how we boat in some desert pond and that we need to run our asses up to the ozarks, yada yada yada well.... hmm how should i say this :confused: I know how... pull yer head out of yer ass!! DUDE I bought my boat mainly for these desert ponds cause thats where I do 98% of my boating... I like it there, I built a 2nd home there I like it so damned much!! why in the hell would I buy a 31' porpoising PIG thats only bitchen attribute is that it will run great in the Ocean or Lake Michigan??? I DONT BOAT THERE!!!!!! get it? wink Now Eddie I'm sure you are probably an OK guy at heart and you are a bit emotional about what you consider your baby, I guess in a way I don't blame ya for 2nd nature of defending something you put so much work into, but a bit of advice from one business owner to another... BITE YER LIP ... you are blowin it on here by acting the way you are! this forum is for hot boaters, we drink beer and talk some shit but all in all we mostly get along...we are just talkin a lil smack...the 2600 is a damn good running boat, and a good value too...leave it at that, and you will sell more boats.
PS Craig I think you missed my point.... someone had stated they could buy an AO and have money left over to buy a saleen stang or ZR1 Vette... my point was that IMHO a DCB or Skater is like buying that ZR1 Vette or the saleen Mustang and the AO is like buying a stock vette or a stock mustang.. It was just Ironic how he wasn't willing to spend the extra bucks on a DCB or Skater but could justify it for the ZR1 or saleen..make sense? wink :D
[ October 03, 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Craig
10-03-2003, 03:36 AM
Oh wink Just given you some good hearted crap! This is an interesting thread, get's intense sometimes though!
[ October 03, 2003, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Tom Slick
10-03-2003, 07:18 AM
Fasteddie,
It seems to me that you are really digging to try and talk smack about me. You don't even know me and you are making comments about my boat, employmnet situation etc. I guess if I am unemployeed then so are the rest of the other business owners on these boards. Its called self employeed guy. I happen to own my own company, one in which is growing everyday. I really doubt that unemployment will allow me to pay my rent, all of my bills and still allow me to go boating. Why am I even wasting my time explaining myself. I'm going to head to my little dammed up pond and drive my boat with my friends.
As far as my friend with the bad purchasing experience with you, all I can say is that is up to him if he wants to jump on here and explain what happened. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about his deal, but I started to get real sick of hearing about how you were dicking him around and not delivering his boat when promised. Heck maybe my friend is the dick here and he totally lied to me, but I doubt it. As I said on one of my previous posts (maybe you should read it again) I said that you came through in the end for him. In fact other then having his dick yanked around over the delivery of his boat, he is actually a happy AO owner.
I agree with Charley on his last post. Yo started out like you wanted to actually give some good insight, but then you went off and started running your mouth again. When are you going to learn that you are not helping your situation on this thread by doing that. Word of advice, shut up and work on building your boats and let this thing die, so maybe, just maybe people will forget over time what a prick you were on here.
Like I said I'm off to the lake to drive my poor rough water handling, broken down pile of worn out shit Spectre. Or at least it was something like that you said. I'll be home Sunday if you feel like continuing this. :D

FASTERDAMITT
10-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Charlie,
PERFORMANCE is whats important to me. I don't need all the *FLASH* that comes with the more exspensive boats. Billit cup holders, speaker covers ect.. are not important to me. Sure I had the boats with cool graphics. Look at them five years later and it looks outdated. Remember the colors and designs of five to seven years earlier! yuk Would you buy a boat with someone elses idea of color or graphics?
As for your comment of an A/O being a stock vette. The A/O performs as good as any west coast 26' boat, so I guess thier all only stock performers. A stock mustang will not perform as good as a Saleen, but a stock American Offshore does perform as good as a stock DCB or Elim.
So my point was if I can have the same performance as any other boat in this category at nearly half the price then "I'm" satisfied. As for resale, a new mid 90's A/O sold in the $40G's range and still sells for that today. I see many people losing $20G's or more on some more exspensive boats in the same type and size.
Honestly it amazes me what people will pay for a 26' cat these days. What's next for the average buyer of these boats, 30 year financing?
As for Ed Ferro I don't car for the boat bashing some people on this board do, but you must maintain your composure. I have bought two of your boats and have NOT had any manufacture related problems. I'm glad to see you back in the mix of A/O and hope things look better than the last few years with A/O.
Done (I think)
[ October 03, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: FASTERDAMITT ]

BoatFloating
10-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Well I guess it's time to join the party, I was just sitting on the sidelines watching all the fun but I've had enough of Fast Edward.
I'll call it as I see it you are 110% asshole. If you got a boat that will qoute walk all over above mentioned boats, why don't you bring your sorry ass out to this weekend's poker run in the pond called Havasu. You flap your gums alot but I'll I hear is B.S. Your such innovator so you splashed your boat off a Talon, real innovative.
Since you've taken back over the company I know 2 people that bought your boats. 1 of my friends boats almost caught fire because you ran wires for throttle thru a hole without a gromet and it wore thru wire and shorted out, great rigging. His boat showed up in Havasu 4 days later than you said it would and the water lines were loose on motor. You ever hear of running motor before you deliver boat, there's an idea :rolleyes: . You should spend less time on these boards and make sure your boats are rigged correctly and delivered on time. How about purple carpet in the boat that was ordered with gray, purple really goes good with chrome trim :confused:
So I won't call you any names, I'll just call you what you are. A piss poor excuse for a business owner. I give you 6 months and you'll be in BK or pulling the same crap that thief you took over from pulled. Goodluck, I know where not to buy a boat from, A.O.

NorCalCat
10-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Fasteddie, I usually do not post on these boards unless I am trying to get some information. I will tell you that there was a time where I was interested in the A.O. After listening to your sh*t sling'n crap, I would be an idiot to even think about entertaining the idea of buying an A.O. It's funny how you reference the dammed up ponds in the dessert. Hey, guys lets all jump in our rigs and drive to bum Fu*k to run in the rough stuff.
It just amazes me that you are even trying to defend your stupidity! Like I said, I don't normally post here, but I thought I should vent!

NorCalCat
10-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Oh, by the way, I live in N.Cal and we have plenty of the riugh stuff and still would not buy an A.O.

Charley
10-03-2003, 04:15 PM
FASTERDAMITT:
Charlie,
PERFORMANCE is whats important to me. I don't need all the *FLASH* that comes with the more exspensive boats. Billit cup holders, speaker covers ect.. are not important to me. Totally cool... my feeling regarding cars, boats and toys in general is that it's all relative to your expectations,needs and your ability to pay for the best machine you can justify between your mind and wallet. I absolutely respect the fact that the AO is a good choice for you and your requirements. There is a reason why there are so many choices out there when it comes to manufacturers and models.... We all have our idea of what we want.... DCB is mine AO is yours ... cheers :D

FASTERDAMITT
10-04-2003, 08:41 AM
wink

Skullinator
10-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Fast Eddie: if you want to update your mold i'm sure we can work out a deal for my Talon T - 25
COD of course.

LAVEYSABRE575
10-05-2003, 03:49 PM
skull hows the talon running...derek

Skullinator
10-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Derek: Just got back and had a great time boat ran perfect in fact it has been that way all Summer.How's the new ride running.
[ October 05, 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Skullinator ]

LAVEYSABRE575
10-05-2003, 07:38 PM
boats running great, im still trying to get the prop situation handled i was running a 28 merc lab last week and i was bumpping the rev limiter at 5300 at 88 gps im going to try a 30 lab wkend of the 15th see how it works..