PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 100+ mph Jets

Dish_Ninja
06-05-2006, 01:12 PM
For all 100+mph jets I need some help seems that the almighty CLAMPON world doesn't think any 100+ jet boats are out there.. wether your a river racer, drag racer or what ever, please go to this thread and let them know you are out there... :boxed:
hxxp://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?p=900308#post900308

Ken F
06-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey Bud, why bother? You are in their water on that forum.
Why try and justify anything....speak softly and carry a big stick.
Ken F

publicnuisance
06-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Seems like some jet boaters have the courage to go to that site and chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They really need to here from you white water Guys...Clamp on's surely can't do what white water jets do...Jet boats unite

Hot Shot Merc
06-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Dish Ninja has been pretty soft spoken and carried himself with some class about it.I have to say this though.Its not at all that we dont think there are any 100 mph jet boats its just that we as outboard lovers dont see the point of having to build 1000+ hp to break 100 in most cases.I think I speak for most when I say that jet boats are very sexy and have a certain flare that no outboard could ever have.I also think there is a huge missconseption by many jet boat owners of what it truly takes to run a 260-350 hp outboard tunnell boat into the 115 - 150 mph range.We dont need to :argue: anymore.Lets unite and make for better ***boat gatherings with a mix. :)

Hot Shot Merc
06-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Seems like some jet boaters have the courage to go to that site and chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They really need to here from you white water Guys...Clamp on's surely can't do what white water jets do...Jet boats uniteVery true.A prop would last about 20 seconds in white water.I dont see the comparison there.

BrendellaJet
06-06-2006, 05:01 AM
Dish Ninja has been pretty soft spoken and carried himself with some class about it.I have to say this though.Its not at all that we dont think there are any 100 mph jet boats its just that we as outboard lovers dont see the point of having to build 1000+ hp to break 100 in most cases.I think I speak for most when I say that jet boats are very sexy and have a certain flare that no outboard could ever have.I also think there is a huge missconseption by many jet boat owners of what it truly takes to run a 260-350 hp outboard tunnell boat into the 115 - 150 mph range.We dont need to :argue: anymore.Lets unite and make for better ***boat gatherings with a mix. :)
While I agree with most of what you are saying, most jet boats making 1000+ hp are going considerably faster than 100...Of course the speed depends on the boats size among other things.

Dish_Ninja
06-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Nice post hot shot... and I couldn't agree more about uniting!! not to mention that 95% of my back ground comes from jets... even though my boat has an outboard on it :cry: SO never forget Hot shot we are currently in the same family hehe even though I am the bastard of that family :)

MAXIMUS
06-06-2006, 06:21 AM
That place is a joke! I can't post a damn thing with out it jerking me off & asking to log in 10 times etc... Must be run by an strap on fag! Strap ons are for recievers... nuff said I have more important things to worry about like bashing in bench racers n shit! :rolleyes:

Jungle Boy
06-06-2006, 06:59 AM
There are plenty of 100 MPH tin boats and it only required 565 hp for mine to run 102 mph. As far as eggbeaters go, they are for girls that are too scared to run skinny water at high speed.

Hot Shot Merc
06-06-2006, 07:47 AM
There are plenty of 100 MPH tin boats and it only required 565 hp for mine to run 102 mph. As far as eggbeaters go, they are for girls that are too scared to run skinny water at high speed.Ya know,Its bull$hit comments like this that keep us seperated.Its not like we have any skinny water rapids in Florida so that means I'm a girl :rolleyes:
Maximus....You have a registration error of somekind but after your jackass comment about the people who run the site I doubt they would be willing to help you figure out the problem.By the way Greg T is a personal friend of mine and I dont appreciate your Bozo remarks either. :mad:

boater012
06-06-2006, 08:05 AM
I have always wondered why we as boaters can't have a good time with anyone with any boat that shows up to party no matter if it is an ooutboard powered 21 picklefork or a badass jetboat. or even the more likely scenario some guy that just bought a stocker with a 455 in it that goes 50 with his family in it!!! Or even the guy with the 1965 tri-hull with a 4 cylinder merc outdrive stup whats the big deal here guys??????
I understand birds of a feather but why all the animosity????????? Leave the "MY boat is better than yours bullishite in benchracers" Welcome hot shot merc and any other outboarders. You know what my group of friends could care less if you show up in a bayliner!! If you are cool and don't cause a scene then you are welcome!!!!! We can all appreciate being on a budget and still enjoying boating without being heckled!!!!! Not everyone of us is in a position to have the million dollar 44 cat so why bust on guys with something that isn't the same as ours??????? ANYONE and I mean anyone if you see me at the river I'll be in an oldschool hallet Hemi orange and black with a blown 454 in it. Come buy I'll buy the first round. RANT OVER

Jordy
06-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Calling all 100+ mph jets??? This should be a very short roll call... :D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
06-06-2006, 08:17 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127Scoop_popcorn_box.jpg
C.T. :wink:

Jbb
06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Jordy...Stop hating!..That job is best left to the Pro's...like Maxi... :p

superdave013
06-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Jerry Hicks takes his jet boat right in there back yard every year to race any and everyone. But it seems that non of the OB's can run the number for his class and he has to race the alky hydros again. lol
I'm a prop guy all the way but once a year I root for Hicks. Gotta love an underdog.
I wish some outboards would show up to NJBA and have no idea why they don't.

Jungle Boy
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM
OK, the girls comment was out of line!! I agree, why can't everyone get along no matter what kind of boating you do. I don't mind going for a ride in an eggbeater, it's just that I don't want to own one. We don't have enough good lake boat days up here to justify having one.

El Prosecutor
06-06-2006, 10:24 AM
or even the more likely scenario some guy that just bought a stocker with a 455 in it that goes 50 with his family in it!!!
Unity is fine, but THAT is taking it too far!! :cool:

canuck1
06-06-2006, 10:43 AM
OK, the girls comment was out of line!! I agree, why can't everyone get along no matter what kind of boating you do. I don't mind going for a ride in an eggbeater, it's just that I don't want to own one. We don't have enough good lake boat days up here to justify having one.
And look who crawled out from under a rock....Whats up Dave? When is the next Little Red run?

Squirtcha?
06-06-2006, 10:55 AM
I wish some outboards would show up to NJBA and have no idea why they don't.
Maybe this has something to do with it?
Lots of comments regarding the Legendary (elusive) 100 mph jetboat. Truth is there are lots of them out here on the Colorado River.
Does it take a lot of horsepower to run 100+ in a jet. Yup..........sure does.
The fact remains they're really not that uncommon if you're in the right place.
I've gone to the Coors Light Winternationals (IHBA) out here for years. This is not intended to be a putdown, but I've never seen an outboard be competitive at this event. It's always kinda puzzled me as I know they can be fast. None of them ever seem to do much good though. I don't know if they're setup wrong, they're amateurs or what.
Watching that video I can see that the outboard has an awesome holeshot. All the ones I've seen out here leave with the bow high, wig wagging back and forth and the flattie, hydro, or jet is long gone before the outboard even gets on plane. This time it was the jet's holeshot that was lagging and his bow that was bouncing all over the place.
It was interesting to finally see an outboard with a real good holeshot
Your rite about that.The IHBA has never been a good place to watch outboard drags.Its geared to the v-drive and jets.Look at this web site
www.odbaonline.com
Its one of if not the biggest Outboard drag association out there.You find the hole shot you are looking for.130+ mph in some class's from 6.5 mph start in the 1/4.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Any boat can run 100mph on the trailer behind a truck:D
This thread sucks without pictures:D

Jordy
06-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Any boat can run 100mph on the trailer behind a truck:D
Real boats can do it in the water off the trailer though. Oh, and not every boat can do it on the trailer either, as most trucks have a speed limiter that falls just short of the 100 mph mark. Coming up slow again chippers. :D :D :D
p.s. Do we have any 100+ mph jets posting in this thread yet??? I just want to make sure I don't miss them when they show up. :D :D :D

Hot Shot Merc
06-06-2006, 01:30 PM
This thread sucks without pictures:DHow about an awsome egg beater video instead?
www.extrememarinetv.com
Hey 396.I love that Avatar :crossx:

Hot Shot Merc
06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Real boats can do it in the water off the trailer though. Oh, and not every boat can do it on the trailer either, as most trucks have a speed limiter that falls just short of the 100 mph mark. Coming up slow again chippers. :D :D :DMine dosent have that problem :pSRT-10 Viper powered aluminum V-10 500 Ponys :p And yes it can pull the 23Baja Outlaw to over 100 mph.
http://home.comcast.net/~hotshotmerc/tandb.jpg

HBjet
06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
HotShotMerc, don't let Mr. Hamilton Beach get to you...

Sleek-Jet
06-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Real boats can do it in the water off the trailer though. Oh, and not every boat can do it on the trailer either, as most trucks have a speed limiter that falls just short of the 100 mph mark. Coming up slow again chippers. :D :D :D
p.s. Do we have any 100+ mph jets posting in this thread yet??? I just want to make sure I don't miss them when they show up. :D :D :D
I guess Jungle Bouy doesn't count (we'll leave out the obvious Canada joke)??? :idea: :D

superdave013
06-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Mine dosent have that problem :pSRT-10 Viper powered aluminum V-10 500 Ponys :p And yes it can pull the 23Baja Outlaw to over 100 mph.
gotta love it in FLA. out here in CA if you see a boarded up house it will have a nice Caddy or gold metalic Regal (both on 100 spoke daytons) sitting in the lawn. If FLA you see a nice truck/boat combo. Gotta love it.

MAXIMUS
06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Maximus....You have a registration error of somekind but after your jackass comment about the people who run the site I doubt they would be willing to help you figure out the problem.By the way Greg T is a personal friend of mine and I dont appreciate your Bozo remarks either. :mad:[/QUOTE]
Was I too harsh??? :) I can't stand that web site & only showed to disrupt the locals... so not to worry... I would be happy to put an ass whoopping on any of those fast guys that need a reality check! & if I loose then I'll start throwing all my gear overboard to make up the difference... lol. I used to be quit enjoyable to be with then I went on a diet & now I am just a prick! But I still don't like seadoo motors hangin on the back of canoes...

stoker2001
06-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Jerry Hicks takes his jet boat right in there back yard every year to race any and everyone. But it seems that non of the OB's can run the number for his class and he has to race the alky hydros again. lol
I wish some outboards would show up to NJBA and have no idea why they don't.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1052hydrowhacker.jpg Ken Shaw an Co used to race NJBA,now he runs IHBA with my pisspot#561 and we have alot of fun, especially last week at IHBA nitro nationals http://racereports.dragboatracing.com/RaceReports/tabid/156/forumid/19/postid/333/view/topic/Default.aspx I would like to see Jon Wright in the "Tinker toy" go against Jerry Hicks as that little hydro has phenominal power to wieght ratio for a whacker at 900 pounds with driver :2purples:I believe his best ET to date is in the sevens at 145MPH

HBjet
06-06-2006, 03:51 PM
The best numbers I know of for Hot Tub are 7.33 et/139 mph in the 1/4
HBjet

Ken F
06-06-2006, 03:53 PM
The list isn't so short, but since the guys who do aren't too likely to brag about it.....

MAXIMUS
06-06-2006, 03:57 PM
The best numbers I know of for Hot Tub are 7.33 et/139 mph in the 1/4
HBjet
Yea but lets be fair... Hot tub is just a tunnel ram deal... :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-06-2006, 03:58 PM
How about an awsome egg beater video instead?
www.extrememarinetv.com
Hey 396.I love that Avatar :crossx:
thank u sir;) We were having a lil fun at the lake;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Easy there focker:D my denali will run over 100mph;)
I dont know how fast my boat runs because its in the process of getting rigged;)

loudpipessavelives
06-06-2006, 05:44 PM
i hear alot of people say they have 100+mph boats when they are far from it radar gun shuts them up

bp
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
well, mine goes 100, and i trust 400+ timeslips a lot more than your radargun :rolleyes: but stoker 2001's does too, and in redbluff, he was running the number pretty dam good. i.e., 0.06r/t, 10.000 (of course, he needed it :cool: ) whacker or not, he was on.
too many talkers, not enough doers. doesn't matter what it is, just bring it. there's at least one hydro, one flat, one whacker, and one little 'ol yellow jet that'll race...

You Te
06-06-2006, 06:15 PM
By the way Greg T is a personal friend of mine and I dont appreciate your Bozo remarks either. :mad:
Are you a homesexual like Greg T. is?
S&F harbors crooks, plus it's a haven for homos.

stoker2001
06-06-2006, 06:15 PM
well, mine goes 100, and i trust 400+ timeslips a lot more than your radargun :rolleyes: but stoker 2001's does too, and in redbluff, he was running the number pretty dam good. i.e., 0.06r/t, 10.000 (of course, he needed it :cool: ) whacker or not, he was on.
too many talkers, not enough doers. doesn't matter what it is, just bring it. there's at least one hydro, one flat, one whacker, and one little 'ol yellow jet that'll race...could of not said it better good buddy,You see the payouts for S/E and river racer for Chow.Same as our payout :cool: hopefully it will spark some interest. PS,i fixed the link in my last post as it was refering to SDBA,not IHBA :rolleyes: I am learning

stoker2001
06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Are you a homesexual like Greg T. is ?wondered when you were going to chime in....LOL.We know screamandfly.com is your favorite site :p

You Te
06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
wondered when you were going to chime in....LOL.We know screamandfly.com is your favorite site :p
Yes it is, but you're my favorite racer.

Psycho Squid
06-07-2006, 12:15 AM
p.s. Do we have any 100+ mph jets posting in this thread yet??? I just want to make sure I don't miss them when they show up. :D :D :DSure glad I don't run a hundred If I did I'd just kill Myself....... :rollside: Some of us don't have all day to cruise the freeway to get to a hundred.....We want it NOW!!!! :D :D :D

Psycho Squid
06-07-2006, 12:23 AM
i hear alot of people say they have 100+mph boats when they are far from it radar gun shuts them upOr GPS I had a chick in An Elminator Sprint call my hand when I owned Petrofied.......I gave her the GPS and said go up river and run your boat. She claimed she ran a hundred and was @ Yuma to kick my ass....... :rolleyes: Wellllll she went up river with the GPS ................Came back with tears in her eyes!!! She didn't know what happened.......She seemed to have mis-placed 40 MPH. :rollside:
SQUID.

Jordy
06-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Sure glad I don't run a hundred If I did I'd just kill Myself....... :rollside: Some of us don't have all day to cruise the freeway to get to a hundred.....We want it NOW!!!! :D :D :D
I've seen pics of you at a supposed 115 with no lifeline and we heard how you drive on the highways. Might want to consider some evasive action Skee. Just my $.02.
Oh and my boat is faster off the trailer than it is on it. 103 is what I'm running on the trailer just F.Y.I. and that's with 400 Duramax HP. On the water I'm only running 600 HP with twins in a 30' boat and it doesn't need the glass to run on that your boat does. ;)
p.s. When is pops selling his boat back to my buddy??? :D :D :D

Hot Shot Merc
06-07-2006, 05:10 AM
Are you a homesexual like Greg T. is?
S&F harbors crooks, plus it's a haven for homos.Its funny how tuogh you can be behind the saftey of your computer screen.I can asure you that you wouldnt be so tough to my face.Grow up! :rolleyes:

gochappy
06-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Mine dosent have that problem :pSRT-10 Viper powered aluminum V-10 500 Ponys :p And yes it can pull the 23Baja Outlaw to over 100 mph.
I guess after buying the boat there was no money left for windows for the house.LOL
who cares if your boats go 100 mph....its rare that you get the opportunity to do it safely anyway.......different boats for different uses....the only jets I get in are going up and down the clearwater steelhead fishing.....a prop wouldn't last 10 feet in there....and yes I have a prop boat, but it only rides in the lake...I did go for a ride in a 22' riveted steel jet boat with twin 468s in it....it was going 70mph with only one motor running so I guess it probably went 100.

Hot Shot Merc
06-07-2006, 05:26 AM
The house with the boarded up windows is my neighboar two hoeses down and the picture was taken in the middle of a Hurricane so thats why the windows are covered.

gochappy
06-07-2006, 07:15 AM
that boat and truck must be worth more than that house.....of course I don't know property values in your area....or is the boat the neighborhood getaway vehicle...LOL.....

gochappy
06-07-2006, 07:18 AM
back to this blender/jet feud......why not just run em...two races.....say maybe a 3 lap long course circle race in a lake agreed upon by both and then a say 10 mile race through 12" of water......best overall results declared the winner.....

You Te
06-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Its funny how tuogh you can be behind the saftey of your computer screen.I can asure you that you wouldnt be so tough to my face.Grow up! :rolleyes:
It was just a question (are you a homosexual like Greg?) and my opinion about Scream and Fly (they harbor crooks) and now you're talking about tough guy's. Did I strike a nerve?
I don't understand what tough guy has to do with my question.
I have noticed S&F seems to have many tough guy's.

Hot Shot Merc
06-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Yes you struck a nerve.To calll Greg a homo is very imature to say the least and then to actualy ask if I am a homo goes off the charts.Greg runs the best boating site for Outboard fans in the world.I dont care what his sexuality is.It doesnt matter to me when I am useing his site to meet and gather with other ***boaters as well as selling parts and buying parts.Its a disscusion board with many great atributes.Greg is the moderator and his job is to oversee the site and let me tell you that when there is bad business going on he cuts them out or bans them or takes ther posting and or advertising privaliges away.It is not Gregs responability to baby sit crooks and there criminal history anyway.He does his job with the up most proffesionalism.
Rob

You Te
06-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Yes you struck a nerve.To calll Greg a homo is very imature to say the least and then to actualy ask if I am a homo goes off the charts.Greg runs the best boating site for Outboard fans in the world.I dont care what his sexuality is.It doesnt matter to me when I am useing his site to meet and gather with other ***boaters as well as selling parts and buying parts.Its a disscusion board with many great atributes.Greg is the moderator and his job is to oversee the site and let me tell you that when there is bad business going on he cuts them out or bans them or takes ther posting and or advertising privaliges away.It is not Gregs responability to baby sit crooks and there criminal history anyway.He does his job with the up most proffesionalism.
Rob
That's your opinion and that's fine. I like to know if someone is a crook. It seems Gregs harbors them as long as they keep paying the sponsorship fee or if they are a friend of his.
I have seen it time and time again. The byuboyz is a much better site, at least they don't harbor crooks. If someone has a bad expericence they don't delete the thread, this way people can be advised before they do business with someone.
That's the way I feel and so do many others. Anyway I'm done wasting time on this subject. You can have the last word.

Hot Shot Merc
06-07-2006, 09:55 AM
word :rolleyes:

Psycho Squid
06-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I've seen pics of you at a supposed 115 with no lifeline and we heard how you drive on the highways. Might want to consider some evasive action Skee. Just my $.02.
Oh and my boat is faster off the trailer than it is on it. 103 is what I'm running on the trailer just F.Y.I. and that's with 400 Duramax HP. On the water I'm only running 600 HP with twins in a 30' boat and it doesn't need the glass to run on that your boat does. ;)
p.s. When is pops selling his boat back to my buddy??? :D :D :DThanks Jordy, Just got my lifeline back from the cleaners :) I'll have it on this weekend. ( Free'in up the boat a bit ). Pops is keeping her........Gonna run with us this weekend. The flattie is like an old 40 Ford Just kinda nice hav'in her around for a Sunday drive down at the beach. :)
Squid.

MAXIMUS
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Oh no.... I get the last "WORD" there word! :)

Jordy
06-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks Jordy, Just got my lifeline back from the cleaners :) I'll have it on this weekend. ( Free'in up the boat a bit ). Pops is keeping her........Gonna run with us this weekend. The flattie is like an old 40 Ford Just kinda nice hav'in her around for a Sunday drive down at the beach. :)
Squid.
Cool. Just don't want to read about anyone we know from the boards getting fished off the bottom of the lake due to something that was preventable. ;)
Pops boat is a good looking flattie. Guess my buddy went another route and bought a Cole though. From the pics I've seen it's pretty badass as well. :D :D :D

Rampager
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Wow this must be serious if you dragged Dave A out of hiding! :O
where you been Baldy!?!?! I may be out in mid July so you better not be hiding then cause I need to do some boatin!
Maybe merc should fly out to the land of tin boats and see what jetboating is all about. No offense to him but I don't think he really knows cause they just don't have em in his neck o the woods! Im guessin he wouldn't be sayin jack about them after a rip on the Upper Red Deer (and may need clean shorts)haha
I was tryin to find that thread that went over speeds attained with the Eagle tunnel but can't find it. I recall it was something like 550 Hp=high 80's low 90's, 600Hp= 95ish, 700+=100+. I'd love to see a 1000 ponies in one and see what it could do! of course I'd also like to see one of these 300 drag OB's do top speed runs with 2 guys and enough fuel to last 70-80 miles too, not to mention a full roll cage lol
Cheers

Dish_Ninja
06-07-2006, 02:52 PM
where you been Baldy!?!?! I may be out in mid July so you better not be hiding then cause I need to do some boatin!
Maybe merc should fly out to the land of tin boats and see what jetboating is all about. No offense to him but I don't think he really knows cause they just don't have em in his neck o the woods! Im guessin he wouldn't be sayin jack about them after a rip on the Upper Red Deer (and may need clean shorts)haha
I was tryin to find that thread that went over speeds attained with the Eagle tunnel but can't find it. I recall it was something like 550 Hp=high 80's low 90's, 600Hp= 95ish, 700+=100+. I'd love to see a 1000 ponies in one and see what it could do! of course I'd also like to see one of these 300 drag OB's do top speed runs with 2 guys and enough fuel to last 70-80 miles too, not to mention a full roll cage lol
Cheers
now your asking for miracles with the outboard wish LOL but hold on long enough and hotshot merc will say he can do it or has done it..
:boxed:

Dish_Ninja
06-07-2006, 02:52 PM
TARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :argue:

Hot Shot Merc
06-07-2006, 03:20 PM
CheersThe funny part is that we do on a regular basis on the Suwannee river and the St Johns river here in Florida.We all have 30 gallon tanks and bring extra 6 gallon cans strapped in for the ride back as a top off.We all bring a freind or the wife along.Of course the Ninja (WHOOOO,I'm scared ) will say its bull$hit but refuses to come along when he has been invited to do so...I have video from my boat and my freind in the back filming me racing my freind Andy on the Suwannee river side by side to the Santafe river and back at speeds in the 100's and slowing in the corners to around 75 and then back to 115 plus on the straits. Over 50 miles each way.Problem is is its on VHSc tape and I dont have the equipment to get it converted to the net so I guess in your eyes I'm just making this up rite?

Hot Shot Merc
06-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Also I almost forgot.The guy I sold my last Drag motor to uses it in the ski racing they do in Cali and in Europe.He has it running at speeds near 100 mph over long distances pulling a skier and they have a spotter in the boat besides the driver.

FASTJTBT
06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Hell I Will Even Put My Skier On Back 210 Feet And Still Leave Them At The Start.

MAXIMUS
06-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Im bored with these pipe smugglers... :rolleyes:

You Te
06-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Im bored with these pipe smugglers... :rolleyes:
Of course you are Max....HA..ha.

stoker2001
06-07-2006, 08:35 PM
I recall it was something like 550 Hp=high 80's low 90's, 600Hp= 95ish, 700+=100+. I'd love to see a 1000 ponies in one and see what it could do! of course I'd also like to see one of these 300 drag OB's do top speed runs with 2 guys and enough fuel to last 70-80 miles too, not to mention a full roll cage lol
CheersRampager,i would love nothing more to go on a wild thrill ride up the shallow river rapids in your jet as i cannot imagine how much fun that would be :rollside: With that being said,you dont want to have a high speed gas mileage contest with these pisspots :p I suck down 32 gallons an hour at 120+MPH with the 30 pitch cleavor at an all day long RPM of 8500.Now at 100mph it would do alot better on fuel.Not to start a pissing match,but a 700hp big block would be ussing alot more at WOT.I realize that the torque of the big block would win when you start adding passengers or gear :cool:

Rampager
06-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Im sure they are better on fuel but not by that much. My hull came with saddle tanks that hold 63 gallons, they are there for a reason! Mind you the guy I bought it from also had 1200 ponies or so in it(I belive it was scratching at 120 when it was not broken or on the bank lol)
Alot of marathon races do not allow refueiling between certain legs so you gotta be able to carry alot. Or just enough to last a long leg.
I do agree the OB will be affected alot more than the jet with extra weight.
I never bashed OB's and as I said alot of fast guys in our club run em(im the only jet anyway) Its the 'there are no such thing as fast jets' attitude that gets me a little pissy, there are lots.
Im not in that leugue yet and to be honest my goal is anything over 90. I figure thats within reach of the pocketbook and trust me thats gonna be plenty scary when there are rapids involved! not to mention I think its cool as hell my boat 'could' run 90's and yet I can still tear up a little river, blow past some fly fishing guys standing to their shins in water and clip the odd gravel bar and jump the odd log. THATS diversity and yea thats fun as hell
Shoot me an address and I will mail ya DVD from last years river adventures
Cheers

bp
06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I suck down 32 gallons an hour at 120+MPH with the 30 pitch cleavor at an all day long RPM of 8500.
jeez, you must have some monster tanks in that thing? all day would be 320 gallons? :p
dunno what it all means, but i use about half a quart from the rope to the outramp. i used 6 gallons in phoenix, runnin through the semis and winnin the gambler, and all the warmups. i really have no accurate idea what the gph would be whatever the speed, but mine is pretty fuel efficient compared to some of the others.
see ya friday bud. hope it 115 in the shade :crossx:

stoker2001
06-07-2006, 09:39 PM
jeez, you must have some monster tanks in that thing? all day would be 320 gallons? :p
see ya friday bud. hope it 115 in the shade :crossx:No such luck there Mr Havasu heat...LOL,i am hearing high of 91 on fri and Sat with some possible overcast on Sun,which is fine and dandy :p We used to do Delta poker runs (in protected windless sloughs) in the pisspot with a 27 gallon tank, and the 153 inch whacker would suck it down,but at tripple digits you would cover some ground (water) in short order

Wicky
06-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Ya know,Its bull$hit comments like this that keep us seperated.Its not like we have any skinny water rapids in Florida so that means I'm a girl :rolleyes:
Maximus....You have a registration error of somekind but after your jackass comment about the people who run the site I doubt they would be willing to help you figure out the problem.By the way Greg T is a personal friend of mine and I dont appreciate your Bozo remarks either. :mad:
That website sucks!!!! You have to be a bozo to believe any of the shit that goes on over there and I own an outboard.
:yuk:

steelcomp
06-08-2006, 06:24 AM
I suck down 32 gallons an hour at 120+MPH with the 30 pitch cleavor at an all day long RPM of 8500.Now at 100mph it would do alot better on fuel.Not to start a pissing match,but a 700hp big block would be ussing alot more at WOT.
I just had to chime in here about the fuel mileage...my BB Chev, on the dyno, at 5500, making 711hp corrected, was using 39 gph. At 6500 WOT, and making 801 hp, it burns 47gph WOT. At 5500, Not too far off from your consumption, so your point about fuel consumption dosen't hold water...or gas. I run (2) 1050 cfm Dominators which aren't even close to being "effecient", so those numbers can be way better. Besides that, lets see a whacka make 800 hp, or even 700.
As far as speed and quickness, I'm gettting close to being finished with this project, and it'll be in the water in the next few weeks. What do you think 800 hp in a 500# tunnel hull jet will run? I'm hoping to break the 93mph it ran with the old motor and pump. :rolleyes:
I don't understand why you guys go on about trying to compare jets to V Drives, to OB's, to IO's, etc. You might as well throw in a paddleboat in there for camparison, as well. It's pretty laughable, though, as tweaked as some of you get. Good entertainment. :D

dmontzsta
06-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Whackers are for fags. :)

Wicky
06-08-2006, 06:57 AM
HotshotDork!!!!

Wicky
06-08-2006, 07:01 AM
"Whackers" are those who have outboards and no girlfriends!!!!
"Eggbeaters" are those who have outboards and have many girlfriends. :)

acatitude
06-08-2006, 07:05 AM
your my kinda guy hot shot....... Make sure your boat runs 100+ eve4n if you cant afford windows in the crib :argue:

superdave013
06-08-2006, 07:52 AM
"Whackers" are those who have outboards and no girlfriends!!!!
"Eggbeaters" are those who have outboards and have many girlfriends. :)
yeah but we all know you are the one that goobles all the egg whites. :D

Wicky
06-08-2006, 09:01 AM
yeah but we all know you are the one that goobles all the egg whites. :D
Vewy funny SD!!!! I am the pez dispesner of egg whites!!!!
Giving facials is my other job when I'm not makin da sushi :) !!!!!!

Hot Shot Merc
06-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Blown carrera.
Its not my house its my neighbors house and it was Hurricane season.

Hot Shot Merc
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
HotshotDork!!!!Ha ha ha your so funny :rolleyes:

Hot Shot Merc
06-08-2006, 11:23 AM
That website sucks!!!! You have to be a bozo to believe any of the shit that goes on over there and I own an outboard.
:yuk:Its aperant that its your attitude not the site that sux.You obviuosly are a dick thats why you cant get along on the best outboard site there is.Loser,,Sushi???I kinda figured you were just another trendy fag ass hole. :rolleyes:

Psycho Squid
06-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Its aperant that its your attitude not the site that sux.You obviuosly are a dick thats why you cant get along on the best outboard site there is.Loser,,Sushi???I kinda figured you were just another trendy fag ass hole. :rolleyes:Wow...........That's gonna leave a mark! "POPCORN PLEASE". :)

Wicky
06-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Its aperant that its your attitude not the site that sux.You obviuosly are a dick thats why you cant get along on the best outboard site there is.Loser,,Sushi???I kinda figured you were just another trendy fag ass hole. :rolleyes:
Golly jeepers!! Sounds like you have poopy pants, or maybe your panties are in a wad if that is what you're into.
Maybe Greg T. and you are closer than anybody realizes.
After all, true love is hard to find and it sounds like you found your true love with Greg and his screaming and crying. Bwahahahahahahaha.
Na na nana na na na,
Wicky

Wicky
06-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Its aperant that its your attitude not the site that sux.You obviuosly are a dick thats why you cant get along on the best outboard site there is.Loser,,Sushi???I kinda figured you were just another trendy fag ass hole. :rolleyes:
It's apparent you don't even know how to spell apparent.lmao!!!!
Your turn hotshotdork,
Wicky

Hot Shot Merc
06-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh so your the spelling police too :rolleyes: .Just another one of the millions of computer geeks that always point out bad spelling to try and make yourself feel good about your lack of personality.I am sorry that my office skills arent that great.Why the attitude to me anyway?What did I ever do to you to get the freindly dork reply?I see your just another one of those Key Board comandos.I didnt come here to trash your site or call you guys out and silly names.I came to see what Dish Ninja was spouting about.It doesnt matter anyway.If I lived out there yall would be real nice in person when your not hideing behind the screen name.Its always the case when I am face to face with people.

MAXIMUS
06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh so your the spelling police too :rolleyes: .Just another one of the millions of computer geeks that always point out bad spelling to try and make yourself feel good about your lack of personality.I am sorry that my office skills arent that great.Why the attitude to me anyway?What did I ever do to you to get the freindly dork reply?I see your just another one of those Key Board comandos.I didnt come here to trash your site or call you guys out and silly names.I came to see what Dish Ninja was spouting about.It doesnt matter anyway.If I lived out there yall would be real nice in person when your not hideing behind the screen name.Its always the case when I am face to face with people.
Thats not necessarily true... I know super dave & he is a dick in person... Wicky makes sushi & uncle tony molests small animals... There is this other couch humping packer that goes by the name roland! You want to watch out for him! He takes this strap on shit litteraly! :crossx:

Wicky
06-08-2006, 02:12 PM
.I am sorry that my office skills arent that great.Why the attitude to me anyway?
Spelling isn't an office skill. My 1st grader had "apparent" on his spelling list a couple of weeks ago. Funny though, he spelled it correctly unlike yourself.
I have no attitude. I'm just here to tweak your attitude, have a little fun, and talk shit about a website where the truth is seemingly always burried if you are a friend of Greg T.
All in all, I guess this makes you a real smart fellar. I mean a fart smeller.
You get the official "doornob" award for the day sir Hotshotdork!!!!! LMAO
Bwwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Mow,
Wicky

Wicky
06-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Brokeback Boat starring "Mr Personality"...HotShotDork and The "Very Limp Wristed" Greg T.
Coming soon to the Scream and Cry theater hopefully not near you!!!!!

stoker2001
06-08-2006, 03:03 PM
I just had to chime in here about the fuel mileage...my BB Chev, on the dyno, at 5500, making 711hp corrected, was using 39 gph. At 6500 WOT, and making 801 hp, it burns 47gph WOT. At 5500, Not too far off from your consumption, so your point about fuel consumption dosen't hold water...or gas. I run (2) 1050 cfm Dominators which aren't even close to being "effecient", so those numbers can be way better. Besides that, lets see a whacka make 800 hp, or even 700.
As far as speed and quickness, I'm gettting close to being finished with this project, and it'll be in the water in the next few weeks. What do you think 800 hp in a 500# tunnel hull jet will run? I'm hoping to break the 93mph it ran with the old motor and pump. :rolleyes:
I don't understand why you guys go on about trying to compare jets to V Drives, to OB's, to IO's, etc. You might as well throw in a paddleboat in there for camparison, as well. It's pretty laughable, though, as tweaked as some of you get. Good entertainment. :DAll in good internet fun :D Your specs sound like they are close to BPs,correct me if i am wrong?Sounds like you have a fairly efficient monster,will you try NJBA or IHBA?You comeing to Chowchilla this week?When i change props on the gay pisspot to the 30 cleavor it will get 120+MPH on GPS at maximum 32GPH without reliability issues,now at 100mph it will be substantially better on fuel.I would bet 25 GPH,which would be almost double your mileage at the same speed,we will probably agree to disagree on this one or better yet,we can chase each other around sometime at 100+.The Rivers and delta up here offer 1000 miles of protected smooth water for our little boats to run safe at those speeds.The Marathon jets race on the Feather river,which is 28 miles from here and deep enough for props IMO.

Hot Shot Merc
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh my god Wicky.Your posts are so high school.Its time to grow up.You realy should act your age.

You Te
06-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Fag's with faster boats than yours.

You Te
06-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Thats not necessarily true... I know super dave & he is a dick in person... Wicky makes sushi & uncle tony molests small animals... There is this other couch humping packer that goes by the name roland! You want to watch out for him! He takes this strap on shit litteraly! :crossx:
No Max, I like to molest big animals, big beasts like you.

You Te
06-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Wicky,
be careful,, I think HotShotMerc is a real ass kicker he keeps saying how nice everyone is to him face to face.
We have another AZH. I wonder if he can take 6 guy's at one time as well.

steelcomp
06-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Stoker...
My motor specs are very close to bp's....yes, but two completely different motors. Hulls aren't anything close, except they're both mod V's.
AFA racing, I'll start with NJBA and run at Ming...hopefully the next race. This is an entirely new setup, so there's going to be lots of hardware tuning to do. At this moment, it's not quite ready...few more weeks.
What my numbers were referring to was your commment about comparing your fuel consumption with a 700 hp big block...nothing more. I thought for grins I'd put up actual numbers instead of guessing, just to see what was what. On my motor, below or above peak tq, the fuel numbers go up drastically. I don't know what the fuel curve looks like on one of your motors, but I imagine it's the same.
Like I said before...comparing these things as if they should be equal, but since they're not, then one is supposedly "superior" to another, is just rediculous. You have a much smaller motor, making less HP, but turning much higher rpm, burning almost as much fuel as a 700 hp BB Chev. That dosen't sound very effecient to me. But you get near the same performance, and better than many.
You may get 120mph top end with the 30 Cleavor, but you will definately be a pisspot out of the hole. My top end won't be 120, or even close, but that's not my goal. Strictly acceleration. Set yours up for the same, and I imagine your top end is about the same as mine, acceleration might be close, and fuel comsumption will be relatively higher. At cruise, mine will also be significantly lower, though not as effecient as yours. Again, though, we're talking apples and banannas, so it's really not even worth comparing. I'd say your set up is better than the norm, more, the exception to the rule, and so is mine. Not really representative of the "average" OB or jet.
Also...I'll take your word on 25gph @ 100 mph, but I'd have to see it to believe it.
Sounds like you have some great boating up there...I just might have to take you up on your offer some day. I haven't had this thing in the water for 2 years, and believe me...once it's back together, I'm going to cover some ground with it. :rollside: (OOOhhhh....poor choice of words...LOL)
It's ALL good.
:D :D
:DAll in good internet fun :D Your specs sound like they are close to BPs,correct me if i am wrong?Sounds like you have a fairly efficient monster,will you try NJBA or IHBA?You comeing to Chowchilla this week?When i change props on the gay pisspot to the 30 cleavor it will get 120+MPH on GPS at maximum 32GPH without reliability issues,now at 100mph it will be substantially better on fuel.I would bet 25 GPH,which would be almost double your mileage at the same speed,we will probably agree to disagree on this one or better yet,we can chase each other around sometime at 100+.The Rivers and delta up here offer 1000 miles of protected smooth water for our little boats to run safe at those speeds.The Marathon jets race on the Feather river,which is 28 miles from here and deep enough for props IMO.

Hot Shot Merc
06-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Wicky,
be careful,, I think HotShotMerc is a real ass kicker he keeps saying how nice everyone is to him face to face.
We have another AZH. I wonder if he can take 6 guy's at one time as well.UHHHH,6 guys at once?No but if thats how yall getter done you should be real proud of yourselves.

Wicky
06-09-2006, 05:43 AM
Oh my god Wicky.Your are so high school.Its time to grow up.You realy should act your age.
Hotshotdork,
Pull my finger, tough guy!!! :rollside:

Wicky
06-09-2006, 05:46 AM
Wicky,
be careful,, I think HotShotMerc is a real ass kicker
Don't you mean Ass Licker????? LMAO!!!!!

Hot Shot Merc
06-09-2006, 06:37 AM
There you kids go again with that 8th grade smack.

Wicky
06-09-2006, 06:44 AM
There you kids go again with that 8th grade smack.
Please excuse me while I digress!!!
In all sincerity, I guess you like to play with 8th graders. You must be one of those child molesters my mommy warned me about. :220v:

You Te
06-09-2006, 06:56 AM
UHHHH,6 guys at once?No but if thats how yall getter done you should be real proud of yourselves.
We are the proud, the few, the boat bangers.

You Te
06-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Hotshotdork,
Pull my finger, tough guy!!! :rollside:
I think he is the super across the street. I bet he can boat circles around us, circles I tell ya. Or maybe he is a street preformer and he works with 6 cobras.

boater012
06-09-2006, 07:18 AM
UHHHHH why don't you guys knock this crap off or take it bench racers where it belongs. Boats are Boats none of this talking smack crap unless you are at the lake and trying to get someone to run you!!! otherwise just let the man speak his piece about what his boat can do!
I have been around a ton of boats and have several currently but I have never tried to say that my Boats are faster than any one elses!!!! I mean who cares unless you are racing them!!!! Then talk all the smack you want.
You guys should respect someone for their beliefs and choices and try not to belittle them so badly. I do not think that Hot Shot Merc had any intention of coming in here to be beat on like this.
Ok now go ahead and pick out all my grammar mistakes and make fun of my 10th grade education!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You Te
06-09-2006, 08:03 AM
UHHHHH why don't you guys knock this crap off or take it bench racers where it belongs. Boats are Boats none of this talking smack crap unless you are at the lake and trying to get someone to run you!!! otherwise just let the man speak his piece about what his boat can do!
I have been around a ton of boats and have several currently but I have never tried to say that my Boats are faster than any one elses!!!! I mean who cares unless you are racing them!!!! Then talk all the smack you want.
You guys should respect someone for their beliefs and choices and try not to belittle them so badly. I do not think that Hot Shot Merc had any intention of coming in here to be beat on like this.
Ok now go ahead and pick out all my grammar mistakes and make fun of my 10th grade education!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well spoken boater 012 bravo!!!!!!

Wicky
06-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Brilliant!!!! A gentleman and a scholar!!!!

Wicky
06-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I think he is the super across the street. I bet he can boat circles around us, circles I tell ya. Or maybe he is a street preformer and he works with 6 cobras.
I bet he pulls large pieces of furniture out of his ass!!!! :)

Wicky
06-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey UT,
You hit a buck and change at half track don't you?? Remember, I only work for a good firm. Don't give me any of those lil shit breathers.
Sounds like O12 works on race cars and will work circles around us!!!!! :)

superdave013
06-09-2006, 08:48 AM
LMAO!

MAXIMUS
06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok wicky & Uncle fuzz nuts... you too have steeped ovr the fukingg lin hear! Take this shiat back to the outfag section! :rolleyes: lmao you two need to get on the road with this act! lol
Just so this doenst get deleted as a jet thread, I got a new nozzel bearing today & installed it in the intake! And they said it would't work! :rolleyes: haters.... I am testing a new 1 blade impeller also! I might be on to something here so stay tuned!

boater012
06-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey UT,
You hit a buck and change at half track don't you?? Remember, I only work for a good firm. Don't give me any of those lil shit breathers.
Sounds like O12 works on race cars and will work circles around us!!!!! :)
I never said that by the way!

Rampager
06-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Just tell me, where do we go with this #$%@in balloon???
:)

You Te
06-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Jet boats rule!

Wicky
06-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Yes indeedy they do!!! They rule the gas pumps that's for sure.
I'm silly.....silly I tell ya!.
Hey UT, whatdya say we go downtown and wrap HotshotDork all up in Saran Wrap and beat him with a prop shaft?
Oh yeah, I passed a 100mph jet the other day big time up at Lucky Peak. Only thing is, my boat only goes 98.5 according to my GPS!!!!
Silly, silly I tell ya,
Wicky

You Te
06-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Ah Wicky,
I'm sure the jet could do a 100 MPH if the water was running down hill.

80Dimarco
06-11-2006, 09:11 AM
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you get there!

You Te
06-11-2006, 10:22 AM
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you get there!
Speed kills.

Aluminum Squirt
06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey Stoker2001, I'm not here to talk trash, most of this thread is garbage but the Feather isn't really runable in a prop boat. I suppose if you knew the river perfectly and the water was up you could run it in a trimmed out OB with no damage but I wouldn't try it. Most of it is just shallow sand so you shouldn't do too much damage. Back in the day there were some OB's running white water but you really had to know what you were doing. The Feather isn't white water but it is very shallow in spots. Shanghai bend would not be advised in any sort of prop boat unless the water was way up, there are some very expensive rocks lurking in there waitning to rip off just about anything that comes close. I won't say it can't be done, but I'd call it a jet river. One of these days when I get a new ZZ4, I'll take you up there-Aluminum Squirt

Rampager
06-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey Squirt we had another adventure this weekend in the Tunnel. Searched all morning tryin to find a way into the Nith river but couldn't so we ended up on another leg of the Grand. All the locals and people at the ramp(basically a canoe launch) told us the river was too shaloow/rocky for my boat blah blah. (I LOVE the looks I get when i try to launch the 21 tunnel in these places) well we got her in with a lil difficulty and went in the direction they told us it was more shallow LOL We hardly even clipped at all. We passed over places a canoe would have to portage hahahaha Passed a few kayakers that had some odd looks for us too
HAHA I love this boat
Cheers

Squirtcha?
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Jet boats rule!
See there! Tony's getting it now.

Aluminum Squirt
06-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Rampager, nice! I love it when people tell me I can't boat there, that just makes me more determined to put a stupid look on their face. Gotta love aluminum. The best is taking people for their first ride in 4" of water-Aluminum Squirt

Rampager
06-11-2006, 05:49 PM
I just can't picture what it looks like to some of thes epeople standing around the ramp at these serene little river settings, some guys off to the side fiching, people rigging canoe's, kayaks etc, then there's this white boat with flames on it sitting out in the middle getting ready to try to run, the big block fires up and everyone is staring like where do THESE idiots thing they r gonna go in that thing. The we're up on plane and out of sight in 10 seconds LOLOL
on the video you can see me laughing my ass off as we pass the first bridge where they said it got "shallow" then there was the next bridge, and the next haha
you know the feeling Im sure "oh yea this is a really hard river, yea sure..." hahaha
Lets change that to "aluminum jetboats rule" ;)
Cheers

steelcomp
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Everything's relative...bring that tin can to the drags. It'll accelerate like a canoe. LOL
BTW...I don't think it's funny thet some guy found a nice quiet place to take his girl or family, away from all the noise and confusion, just to have someone ruin the peace and quiet. There are places for jet boats, (even white water)and there are places for canoes. I guess it's a respect thing.

Rampager
06-11-2006, 09:30 PM
well I think untill you have seen an aluminum hull at the drags don't be so quick to judge them. Seems to me if a guy wanted to build a lightweight hull for draggin it would probably do very well
21 tunnels weigh just 550 and thats with a pretty hefty keel in them for whitewater. You could build a damn light aluminum boat, probably as light as a glass boat and perhaps lighter. Personally I'd love to see it
As for the canoeists etc on the river they don't own the river anymore than I do last time I checked. We can share the river as it should be, its not like im buzzin past them every 2 seconds anyway. Im not in any part of the river for more than 30 seconds. It has nothing to do with "respect"
Cheers

canuck1
06-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Everything's relative...bring that tin can to the drags. It'll accelerate like a canoe. LOL
I'm in........... how about tommorrow afternoon?

canuck1
06-11-2006, 09:53 PM
well I think untill you have seen an aluminum hull at the drags don't be so quick to judge them. Seems to me if a guy wanted to build a lightweight hull for draggin it would probably do very well
21 tunnels weigh just 550 and thats with a pretty hefty keel in them for whitewater. You could build a damn light aluminum boat, probably as light as a glass boat and perhaps lighter. Personally I'd love to see it
As for the canoeists etc on the river they don't own the river anymore than I do last time I checked. We can share the river as it should be, its not like im buzzin past them every 2 seconds anyway. Im not in any part of the river for more than 30 seconds. It has nothing to do with "respect"
Cheers
You ain't havin fun till they throw a fishin rod at you :)

MAXIMUS
06-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Speed kills.
Its not the speed you need to worry about... Im thinking more like aids... :220v:

Aluminum Squirt
06-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Steelcomp, ur right about accelerating like a canoe if its set up in true white water mode. Now a sprint boat would be a different story and Rampager is right, an aluminum hull set up for the drags would be interesting. Gator Boats in Missouri (I think?) is setting Eagle Tunnels up for what looks like california style lake/river drag racing/screwing around, I bet some of their boats would be pretty quick. Not sure how it would stack up to a well set up CP or Daytona with similar HP, but it sure would be fun figuring it out-Aluminum Squirt

You Te
06-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Its not the speed you need to worry about... Im thinking more like aids... :220v:
Max, the only thing I worry about with you is how much head start you get.

Dish_Ninja
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I think it is funny how sensitive you have become... why are you so touchy ? do you have no confidence about yourself?
buy a jet your feel better you can even have a unique personallity. not just a typical outboard mentality..... :220v:

You Te
06-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I think it is funny how sensitive you have become... why are you so touchy ? do you have no confidence about yourself?
buy a jet your feel better you can even have a unique personallity. not just a typical outboard mentality..... :220v:
I think HOTShotMerc is a tough guy, I don't want to make him mad he might beat me up.

steelcomp
06-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Steelcomp, ur right about accelerating like a canoe if its set up in true white water mode. Now a sprint boat would be a different story and Rampager is right, an aluminum hull set up for the drags would be interesting. Gator Boats in Missouri (I think?) is setting Eagle Tunnels up for what looks like california style lake/river drag racing/screwing around, I bet some of their boats would be pretty quick. Not sure how it would stack up to a well set up CP or Daytona with similar HP, but it sure would be fun figuring it out-Aluminum SquirtYes, I was talking about white water boats, and I agree with everything you said 100%. A lightweight alum. equiv. of some of the boats we commonly see would be very interesting indeed. :D

Wicky
06-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Interesting!!!

Dish_Ninja
06-13-2006, 05:39 AM
I think HOTShotMerc is a tough guy, I don't want to make him mad he might beat me up.
yeah a tough guyu on his outboard site full of fags..lmao

Wicky
06-13-2006, 10:21 AM
That's why they call it Scream and Cry!!!! :cry:

You Te
06-13-2006, 05:16 PM
I must say I don't care for many of the people on that site either. There are a few good people there. It has many know it alls and many crooks.
Don't tell HSM what I said, I don't want to get beat up.

Towndrunk
05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
That place is a joke! I can't post a damn thing with out it jerking me off & asking to log in 10 times etc... Must be run by an strap on fag! Strap ons are for recievers... nuff said I have more important things to worry about like bashing in bench racers n shit! :rolleyes:
No Mr Pad, you just have to be smarter than your computor.:D

Wicky
05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Ya know,Its bull$hit comments like this that keep us seperated.Its not like we have any skinny water rapids in Florida so that means I'm a girl :rolleyes:
Keep Screamin and cryin hotshotmerc. Ohhhhhhh Greg T is a pesonal friend.
Time to unleash Maximus!!!! It's guys like dropshotmerc give us wackers a bad name!!!!

djdtpr
05-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Everyone knows that a jetboat wont run 100 plus! I am on the wacker guys side.:D

thatguy
05-04-2007, 02:08 AM
You know, I figure anything after 75mph or so in a boat may as well be 100 for the average boater. My first ride in a fast boat was a 21' hydro about 15 years ago. Think it was a sanger. Had a TR BBC. V-Drive. I had been drag racing for years in 9.90 and 10.90 heads up classes on asphalt.
I would have sworn we did 150 MPH in that damned boat that day, but in reality the guy said we hit about 105 Max.
All I know is I unloaded my cars that week and bought a Miller. Didn't know a damned thing about jets or V-drives. 75:D :D :D + was all that mattered.( ended up getting it to do 82mph, on the gun)
Now I got a eliminator V-drive flat, a different miller Jet, a I/O glastron AND a 16' jonboat w/ an outboard. Know what? I have a blast in every one of them!
I don't think most people mean to lie about how fast their boat goes, it just seems that fast compared to other types of vehicles. Until its clocked , it just seems like 100.
Doesn't matter what you got, they are ALL fun, and pretty much all fast enough to thrill ya'!
Tommy

pw_Tony
05-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I think this is an easy one. I read about 15 pages on that other site when this thread popped back up. The wackers are just so gay! I'll give them the MPH advantage, but it's still nothing like a jet, or as fun. And they don't understand that a guy can buy a jet for $2000 and go 60+. Afew more bucks get into the mid 70's. But unfortunately it starts to get expensive from there :(