PDA

View Full Version : Cool watching Photoglou spin the 42....

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 07:01 PM
around on a dime in the channel on Sat. Almost as impressive as seeing him avoid the knucklehead in front of him, by mear inches who reversed into him! Then the other guy in the 18' glastron or bayliner, who almost sliced and diced a few boats and people on the island side while he was leaving. Unreal. :220v:

Tom Brown
06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
That was me in the Glastron.
I've never seen so many asshole drivers. Nobody would get out of the bloody way so I could get going. :mad:

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 07:05 PM
That was me in the Glastron.
I've never seen so many asshole drivers. Nobody would get out of the bloody way so I could get going. :mad:
My bad. You don't seem like a 16 year old kid. And I'm going to stop right there before this gets outta hand. :D

Tom Brown
06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
... I'm going to stop right there before this gets outta hand. :D
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/eh.gif

hoolign
06-05-2006, 07:10 PM
My bad. You don't seem like a 16 year old kid. And I'm going to stop right there before this gets outta hand. :D
To late ...Go 007 on his ass Brown :mad: :mad:

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 07:11 PM
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/eh.gif
Ummm,...it was a kid driving the boat....

Kilrtoy
06-05-2006, 07:22 PM
THIS IS THAT AS SHOLE
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192DSC02522.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192DSC02523.JPG

IN2-IN2MX
06-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah, Jay's got mad skillz with that boat. That was us and the Kilrs on the boat with him and we were f'in pist off :mad: . What a complete sack of crap...thinks he owns the Channel, stops, throws it into reverse with not even a look back! :skull: Idiot!!! :mad:

IN2-IN2MX
06-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh yeah, forgot you had the camera out Miguel. Good job :) . I hope someone recognizes him and offers him some boating lessons.

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, Jay's got mad skillz with that boat. That was us and the Kilrs on the boat with him and we were f'in pist off :mad: . What a complete sack of crap...thinks he owns the Channel, stops, throws it into reverse with not even a look back! :skull: Idiot!!! :mad:
Thought I recognized the hot women from all the pics. :D
One second slower on the reaction time and he'd a been under the Fountain! Dumba--. :rolleyes:

hoolign
06-05-2006, 07:32 PM
around on a dime in the channel on Sat. Almost as impressive as seeing him avoid the knucklehead in front of him, by mear inches who reversed into him! Then the other guy in the 18' glastron or bayliner, who almost sliced and diced a few boats and people on the island side while he was leaving. Unreal. :220v:
Correct me if I'm wrong but... are we talking Nascar avoidance skills ?? as in following a tad to close ?? or normal defensive driving skills?? as in I was far enough behind to avoid the typical bad driver ?? I'm not trying to start shit here ...just making sure jay isnt getting an internet blowjob for being a cautious/aware boater :D

IN2-IN2MX
06-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Thought I recognized the hot women from all the pics. :D
One second slower on the reaction time and he'd a been under the Fountain! Dumba--. :rolleyes:
Awww, thanks. :)
Yep, thank goodness for Jay. He totally kept his cool.

Mrs.Killer
06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
That was a fun day on the lake. It was like the good ol days...

IN2-IN2MX
06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but... are we talking Nascar avoidance skills ?? as in following a tad to close ?? or normal defensive driving skills?? as in I was far enough behind to avoid the typical bad driver ?? I'm not trying to start shit here ...just making sure jay isnt getting an internet blowjob for being a cautious/aware boater :D
Nooo, it was like that at all. He knows what he's doing so he knows better than to ride someone's butt in that little Channel. If you want to chalk it up to Jay simply being a "cautious/aware boater" than that's fine. That's all I think Al was saying anyways. :)

IN2-IN2MX
06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
That was a fun day on the lake. It was like the good ol days...
Yeah, we had a great time!!! It was so much fun hanging out again. :)

Havasu Hangin'
06-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Pretty easy with twins.
You should try it sometime with twin blower motors (surging out of sync) and big props that want to kill the motors when you drop it in gear (so you have to feather the throttles).

BadKachina
06-05-2006, 07:57 PM
You should try it sometime with twin blower motors (surging out of sync) and big props that want to kill the motors when you drop it in gear (so you have to feather the throttles).
It's even harder with a single that does that. I can't turn in reverse in one direction, external steering limits the amount of turning radius I have. That along with the motor loading up at idle and stalling unless you feather in and out of gear like you said.............
Last time through the channel during Desert Storm I had to yell at a ski boat in front of me, he's busy sight seeing and my sled moves twice as fast at idle as a ski boat does. It gets damn right hairy in the channel sometimes. :220v:

hoolign
06-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Cant be as bad as pulling 300,000 lbs off bottom on a drilling rig with 4 x 3412 cats and dropping two motors on the fly to safely pull a 7" offset tool through a 7 1/16th hole without parting 2.5 million dollars worth of drill pipe and causing a 6 mil dollar fishing job :D ....but I could be wrong :D

Tom Brown
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I hope someone recognizes him and offers him some boating lessons.
You know what he could use..... a kick in the face.
Ummm,...it was a kid driving the boat....
You got something against kids, pops?

BadKachina
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Cant be as bad as pulling 300,000 lbs off bottom on a drilling rig with 4 x 3412 cats and dropping two motors on the fly to safely pull a 7" offset tool through a 7 1/16th hole without parting 2.5 million dollars worth of drill pipe and causing a 6 mil dollar fishing job :D ....but I could be wrong :D
I don't know what that means, but it sure sounds like a f'ed up deal. :D

Tom Brown
06-05-2006, 08:04 PM
... this is how we do it at Rube Goldberg Oil Inc.

hoolign
06-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I bet you're a real devil with the ladies with all that technical talk. :D :D
The wife told me to throw that in :rollside:

INSman
06-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Good thing Dan knows how to do it and you know how to video :rollside:

IN2-IN2MX
06-05-2006, 09:22 PM
You know what he could use..... a kick in the face
:rollside: Ohmygosh! I can't believe you remember that. Hey, I'm almost done with my anger management courses ok. :) (and yeah, you're right, he did deserve one) :p

dicudmore
06-05-2006, 09:47 PM
:rollside: Ohmygosh! I can't believe you remember that. Hey, I'm almost done with my anger management courses ok. :) (and yeah, you're right, he did deserve one) :p
shiat, remind me to try and stay on her good side :p

IN2-IN2MX
06-05-2006, 09:56 PM
shiat, remind me to try and stay on her good side :p
You're always on my good side Dan. :p

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Nooo...homey don't play that. We're talking straight up Nascar skills, Bubba. Dude in the boat threw in it reverse to get a spot, and Jay had to move real quick-like. It was more than avoiding a bad driver...since the guy was now headed at Jay, in reverse! :hammerhea

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, but I heard that's pretty easy w/twins.... :)

Wake Havasu
06-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Wrench Insted of pics- just remove his drain plug.

dicudmore
06-05-2006, 10:46 PM
You're always on my good side Dan. :p
:cool: :cool:

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 10:47 PM
You got something against kids, pops?
Only when they're drunk and stupid, and about to cause some serious carnage. :mad:
Otherwise, I got two of my own, and wouldn't trade them. :)
Been called Daddy, but Pops is new one. :rolleyes: :D

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 10:51 PM
:cool: :cool:
Hey Dan, your boat was looking good there, Sat. We weren't there for long, otherwise, I'd a brought some beverages over and said hey. I had a couple guys never been to Havi. You know how fun that is. The wonderment in their eyes...and it was pretty mellow out there this w/e. :cool:

dicudmore
06-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey Dan, your boat was looking good there, Sat. We weren't there for long, otherwise, I'd a brought some beverages over and said hey. I had a couple guys never been to Havi. You know how fun that is. The wonderment in their eyes...and it was pretty mellow out there this w/e. :cool:
it was a quiet weekend, I think a lot of folks were at the "spring picnic?"
good to see ya there, I'm out there often, stop by :cool:

AirtimeLavey
06-05-2006, 11:00 PM
it was a quiet weekend, I think a lot of folks were at the "spring picnic?"
good to see ya there, I'm out there often, stop by :cool:
Def. will next time. I was out w/2 boats, for my bach. party w/e, and trying to keep it mellow. We were staying in Laughlin, but decided to launch in Needles and run down to Havi. Thought about the picnic, but were looking for better scenery. Not to say that there probably weren't some hotties at the picnic, but.... :crossx:

Danhercules
06-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Maybe you should keep that in the ocean where it belongs and not in the havasu channel.
From Mr Potato Chip. :rollside: :p
Just creating drama!!! :) :crossx: :p

Danhercules
06-06-2006, 12:11 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Don't be a hater just because the only thing surging on your boat are the bilge pumps!
:cry:

Havasu1986
06-06-2006, 05:10 AM
[QUOTE=Danhercules]Maybe you should keep that in the ocean where it belongs and not in the havasu channel.
From Mr Potato Chip. :rollside: :p
Whats the maximum lenght a boat can be in the channel. I thought it was 36'

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 05:14 AM
Whats the maximum lenght a boat can be in the channel. I thought it was 36'
The channel limits are not posted (or enforced) for the majority of the time. I really only see them put the signs up on busy weekends these days.
It allows us big boat guys to push around those little potatochips in the channel just like on the rest of the lake.
:D

scarabrick2
06-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Fix the surge problem!! Auto sync is available.
maybe go down a size or 3 for the busy weekends when you can't run 100+ safely anyways. J/K I know its hard, really
Anyways, Its hard to do period!!!! I had three (3) OUTBOARDS ON A 38 SCARAB and boy was that a handfull. usually left the middle motor at idle and steered the boat with the outside motors. After a few 100 hours you can make your boat do anything. Walk it sideways, spin it around in its own length, back up and spin, they do all sorts of cool things. However you can always count on IDIOTS to not see you.
When I ran a 50 alum cabin cruiser with twin detroits and NO bow thruster you need a lot of room yet its fun to watch peoples reaction on how you can operate the boat around other people

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 06:06 AM
I usually let the starboard motor idle (since it has the power steering pump on it) and use the port for thrust.
There's nothing like some jackass (with no patience) backing out of a parking space, so you have to slam both motors into reverse...and the starboard motor dies, so now you just lost steering, too.
Been there...done that.
:notam:

caroftheweek
06-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Apparently you haven't seen what Jay has under that rear deck of that fountain or heard go by. that is exactly what he has.

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 06:20 AM
Apparently you haven't seen what Jay has under that rear deck of that fountain or heard go by. that is exactly what he has.
Yes...I know Jay and his motors (I was telling Shockwavebonnie that it is not as easy as with stock motors).
One day Jay will dump that 32' boat (with 10' of beak and swimstep added)...and step up to Cig.

caroftheweek
06-06-2006, 06:29 AM
just giving you are hard time HH. pretty much everyone knows that purple and yellow beast.

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 06:40 AM
just giving you are hard time HH. pretty much everyone knows that purple and yellow beast.
Don't get me wrong...I like Jay's boat.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0790731533.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
I just think it's time he step up to a man's boat!

GHT
06-06-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm bettin' there are very few peeps on HB that don't know what he is runnin' or seen it run. It is one of the most impressive "V's" I have ever seen run...

scarabrick2
06-06-2006, 06:49 AM
I really don't like fountains boats but if I had one I would take his in a heart beat. All I know is its a lot of boat!! and it takes A LOT of motor to make it go that fast. yes I'm jealous.... I think I might try my hand in selling cars/trucks :)