PDA

View Full Version : Savage & Ilmor Step up

Charley
06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
So.... I am in the middle of The DCB regatta Saturday on a bullet run with Xtreme22 and Mr Harley when I lose the press fitted pulley on the water pump of my port motor... AHH HELL... the 3 of us tried to make it all better on the water by putting the pully back on along with the serp belt but it was apparent the pully was defective when it started sliding off.
So we get back to shore and I'm pretty bummed about the turn of events when Karsten and Steve from Savage mention that they have another MV625 motor back at the shop that they could steal a water pump off of.... it's even the right color they say ;) ...... well OK, i'm liking the idea of being back on the water before i'm ever off it :D .... so It's 115 degrees and 40 minutes later here comes Karsten and Steve back with the part and all the tools to get it done in my bilge.... hell yes!!!!!! Then the big boys from Illmor even hop in my bilge and start wrenching!..... long story short, boat all better, fun run to the springs that afternoon and back on up to Needles the next mornin! Huge Thank yous go out to Savage marine and Ilmor for showing me, my family and everyone on the beach the level of service they are willing to offer! :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38savage2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38savage1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38100_0487.JPG

DILLIGAF
06-05-2006, 08:53 PM
I like to hear the good things that Steve does. Glad he could get you taken care of so fast.
This is why I take my boat to Savage. After my intial 20 hour service by Shockwave I will be back to Steve and Kelly

JB in so cal
06-05-2006, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=Charley]So.... I am in the middle of The DCB regatta Saturday on a bullet run with Xtreme22 and Mr Harley when I lose the press fitted pulley on the water pump of my port motor... AHH HELL... the 3 of us tried to make it all better on the water by putting the pully back on along with the serp belt but it was apparent the pully was defective when it started sliding off.
So we get back to shore and I'm pretty bummed about the turn of events when Karsten and Steve from Savage mention that they have another MV625 motor back at the shop that they could steal a water pump off of.... it's even the right color they say ;) ...... well OK, i'm liking the idea of being back on the water before i'm ever off it :D .... so It's 115 degrees and 40 minutes later here comes Karsten and Steve back with the part and all the tools to get it done in my bilge.... hell yes!!!!!! Then the big boys from Illmor even hop in my bilge and start wrenching!..... long story short, boat all better, fun run to the springs that afternoon and back on up to Needles the next mornin! Huge Thank yous go out to Savage marine and Ilmor for showing me, my family and everyone on the beach the level of service they are willing to offer! :D :D
I was looking for a pic of that ugly mofo, Karsten. I'm glad he/they helped you out. I only go to Savage for my service's.

INSman
06-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Great story and the boat looks sweet on the water Charley

Charley
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks Insman... HH and his milk truck are just plain vanilla! :D

Charley
06-05-2006, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=Charley]So.... I am in the middle of The DCB regatta Saturday on a bullet run with Xtreme22 and Mr Harley when I lose the press fitted pulley on the water pump of my port motor... AHH HELL... the 3 of us tried to make it all better on the water by putting the pully back on along with the serp belt but it was apparent the pully was defective when it started sliding off.
I was looking for a pic of that ugly mofo, Karsten. I'm glad he/they helped you out. I only go to Savage for my service's.
That guy's attitude was very impressive... I think Steve and Kelly have made two good moves with Karsten and AJ on the savage Team

HavasuSelect
06-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Thats awesome that a company would step up and provide service like that. It speaks leaps and bounds of their customer service.

RiverToysJas
06-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Very Cool Charley, glad it all worked out. It's great to hear when companies step up to a problem.
Merc has never done that for me!!! :rolleyes: ......Oh wait, I never had a problem with my Merc! :rollside: :p
RTJas :D

MR HARLEY
06-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Good stuff right here, Ilmore and Savage!
Charley,
Thanks for letting me drive the boat back :crossx:

Dave C
06-06-2006, 07:32 AM
strike two....
but its good to see they took care of you!! Hell if it was merc you would probably still be on hold :)

ViB
06-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Steve and Kelly have always treated us great!! We have a couple stories like that where they stepped up in a big way to get us back on the water on a Saturday or Sunday morning even!