PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the "Slider" 5th wheel / short bed hitch?

Flying Tiger
06-05-2006, 10:24 PM
It's so you can tow a conventional 5th wheel with a short bed.
A cam and slider system.
Anytakes on experience out there?

Nubbs
06-06-2006, 05:48 AM
I personally don't have not used one. However, I have 5 close friends that have them. None of them have any bad things to say about it.

Flying Tiger
06-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I personally don't have not used one. However, I have 5 close friends that have them. None of them have any bad things to say about it.
Thanks Nubbs

HMF'er
06-06-2006, 08:03 PM
What he said.

River918
06-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I had a 5th wheel toy hauler that I pulled with a short-bed F250. I looked at all the hitches and found the Pullrite to be the best. It is more expensive than any others, but you don't have to get out and pull a lever to get it to slide. You can;t put a price on peace of mind, and knowing that you don't have to remember to get out and pull a lever for the slide, is great....
Here's the link:
http://www.pullrite.com/superglide_16.htm

Warlockjer
06-11-2006, 05:57 AM
I've got one in my F350 short bed. I pull a Raptor 3612DS with it and love it. Mine is a pullrite superglide 16K :)

Trailer Park Casanova
06-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the replies.
What did you guys do to beef up the rear suspentions?
I have a 2500HD 4x4 8.1.
We'd like something that when unloaded, isn't too bone shaking.
Considering a 40' WW or 40 ft Full Throttle with three slideouts.
Thanks,

SLEEKNBIG
06-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the replies.
What did you guys do to beef up the rear suspentions?
I have a 2500HD 4x4 8.1.
We'd like something that when unloaded, isn't too bone shaking.
Considering a 40' WW or 40 ft Full Throttle with three slideouts.
Thanks,
AIR BAGS! START AT ABOUT 50PSI AND WORK YOUR WAY DOWN. I HAD A 6" LIFTED 350. ALTHOUGH THE LIFT SPRINGS ARE THE SAME ON A 350 OR 250 I ENDED UP RUNNING ABOUT 38-40 PSI IN MINE AND I ALSO HAD THE SUPERSLIDE 16K. JUST BE SURE YOU FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH WIEGHT YOU WILL HAVE IN THE TRAILER AND THEN MAKE THE DEALER WIEGH THE TRAILER BEFORE YOU BUY IT, YOU MAY FIND THE 16K IS NOT BIG ENOUGH. JUST MY .02
P.S. DO NOT GO BUY THE WEIGHT ON THE STICKER IN OR ON THE TRAILER GO TO A WEIGH STATION.

Warlockjer
06-17-2006, 04:50 AM
For all the info you want go to www.woodalls.com/forums/index.cfm

WetWillie
06-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Well, after almost a year has passed since my buddy lost control of his FS3000 toy hauler being pulled by his F-250 coming down Sierra pass. He had sway bars and bags. The trailer swayed somehow and took over the control of his tow rig. He ended up smashing into another vehicle and the passenger in the other was killed and the driver injured.
The highway patrol cited him for hauling the trailer with a tow vehicle that was not rated for the weights of the trailer even though he was not too loaded up. The injured sued him big time, the insurance company disowned him due to the fact that he was improperly rigged and was "using his vehicle for purposes not intended by the manufacturer" even though they insured both vehicles.
He is awaiting trial for manslaughter, lost a civil suit for 1.2 million dollars, of which he was able to get 300,000 dollars from his insurances company sold his home, toys and vacation property to pay for it.
His wife divorced him and he is probably going to do some time.
Bottom line is the man is broke, lost his wife, affected PERMANENTLY the life of another man, and killed a woman all because he didn't want to spend another few grand for the right sized tow vehicle.
Moral of this lesson: BE WARNED! You idiots out there that know you are over limits or running too small size tow rigs, PRAY you never get in an accident!
If you have any questions about this, I know the whole story and would be happy to share if any of you want to know more.
Entire Thread is here!! (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=24262)

WetWillie
06-18-2006, 08:26 AM
I have a HD2500 as well and pull a 40ft Nextlevel with a slider hitch.. To be honest it tows like a dream I have had NO issues. But I read that entire thread and it scared me and really made me think twice about pulling a BIG trailer with my truck.
Just somthing to consider..