PDA

View Full Version : I need more ....

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 10:05 AM
songs! I've got around 4300 and it's not enough. :squiggle: There isn't anything I have that I want to hear right now but I want to listen to music. I need some recommends for some new hard rock songs ... or just finish the sentence :D "I need more .... ? "

NOTALENT
01-04-2006, 10:10 AM
I have heard of Sugarcult or switchfoot, Lifehouse...?? there really good modern rock...I know alot of more if intrested... :rollside: of all types of music.

Do F150's Float?
01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Brandon - did you get the new thrice? I loooove it!!!
(sorry fm - i know that was off topic!)

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I have heard of Sugarcult or switchfoot, Lifehouse...?? there really good modern rock...I know alot of more if intrested... :rollside: of all types of music.
Talk to me. I've heard of Switchfoot (even have one song of theirs I think), I love Lifehouse (have a handful of their songs) as for Sugarcult I'm unfamiliar ... can you suggest some titles? I prefer hard rock but I also like some metal, some pop, some RAP, some hip-hop, some punk, some soft rock, some country, some folk, most swamp rock ... just craving hearing something new. :D
(sorry fm - i know that was off topic!)
Are you kidding me? :D I know where I am - do you? :D This is ***boat Sandbar OFF-TOPIC Social Lounge. I don't accept unnecesssary apologies! :wink:

SB
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Coldplay, matchbox 20.
There are plenty of good old bands with songs that don't get played Van Halen, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Ozzy-Diary of a Madman, Tesla, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Cult, Cure, Nazareth, Barry White.

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Coldplay, matchbox 20.
There are plenty of good old bands with songs that don't get played Van Halen, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Ozzy-Diary of a Madman, Tesla, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Cult, Cure, Nazareth, Barry White.
Of those you mentioned I like and have a smattering sample of songs from: Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Ozzy (not from that album though), Nazareth, Led Zeppelin (only one song - Stairway To Heaven) and Cult. No offense to any fans but I detest Coldplay - just not my kinda music. I'm unfamiliar with the rest. Song title recommends would be appreciated - heavy guitar especially appeals to me.

Chase
01-04-2006, 01:43 PM
I forgot something FM...since we met....that day I was slightly intoxicated....what is it that you do during the day??? :rollside:

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 02:01 PM
I forgot something FM...since we met....that day I was slightly intoxicated....what is it that you do during the day??? :rollside:
Nothing. Just live.

Chase
01-04-2006, 02:15 PM
That's good...I guess... :rollside: :rolleyes:

totenhosen
01-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Strung Out, Pennywise, Social Distortion, Get Up Kids, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Jurassic 5, Tribe Called Quest, Rocket From the Crypt.

MagicMtnDan
01-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I assume you have two of the best ever guitar players (maybe not "heavy" enough for you): EC and CS
EC = Eric Clapton
CS = Carlos Santana
Also worth mentioning:
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin (lots of their stuff is great especially from 1st four albums)
U2
Rhino Bucket - (CD: Get Used to It)
"This is the CD that AC/DC should have put out after Back In Black. If you love AC/DC (particularly Bon Scott era) you will love this band and you will love this CD. Check out "Beat to Death Like a Dog", "She's a Screamer", and "Ride with Yourself" (RWY was on the Wayne's World SDTRCK). There are NO throw aways on this CD, but those are three that really stand out to me."
1. Beat to Death Like a Dog (you'll like this one)
2. No Friend of Mine
3. Hey There
4. Devil Sent You
5. This Ain't Heaven
6. She's a Screamer
7. Bar Time
8. Burn the World
9. Ride With Yourself
10. Scratch N' Sniff
11. Stomp
Others:
Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent
Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh
Black Magic Woman - Santana
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Bomber - James Gang
All Right Now - Free
Town Without Pity - Ronnie Montrose
See the Light - Jeff Healey
Do You Feel Like We Do - Peter Frampton
Try these (click here) (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/guides/guide-display/-/1EI321YGVROQ/ref=cm_bg_dp_m_1/102-6189614-6971311)

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I assume you have two of the best ever guitar players (maybe not "heavy" enough for you): EC and CS
EC = Eric Clapton
CS = Carlos Santana
Also worth mentioning:
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin (lots of their stuff is great especially from 1st four albums)
U2
"This is the CD that AC/DC should have put out after Back In Black. If you love AC/DC (particularly Bon Scott era) you will love this band and you will love this CD. Check out "Beat to Death Like a Dog", "She's a Screamer", and "Ride with Yourself" (RWY was on the Wayne's World SDTRCK). There are NO throw aways on this CD, but those are three that really stand out to me."
2. No Friend of Mine
3. Hey There
4. Devil Sent You
5. This Ain't Heaven
6. She's a Screamer
7. Bar Time
8. Burn the World
9. Ride With Yourself
10. Scratch N' Sniff
11. Stomp
Others:
Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent
Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh
Black Magic Woman - Santana
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Bomber - James Gang
All Right Now - Free
Town Without Pity - Ronnie Montrose
See the Light - Jeff Healey
Do You Feel Like We Do - Peter Frampton
Try these (click here) (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/guides/guide-display/-/1EI321YGVROQ/ref=cm_bg_dp_m_1/102-6189614-6971311)
I do have some CS but only one or two EC. I have some U2 I don't like all their stuff but there are a few goodies. From the list of others you mentioned I only have Peter Frampton and Black Magic Woman. I'll seek out the others including that Rhino Bucket album you mentioned. Haven't clicked the link yet but will when I have less going on with my puter. Still flaky system. Thanks for all your suggestions, MMD. :cool:

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Strung Out, Pennywise, Social Distortion, Get Up Kids, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Jurassic 5, Tribe Called Quest, Rocket From the Crypt.
The only band that looks familiar there is Pennywise. :squiggle: Title recommends? :idea:

Do F150's Float?
01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
The only band that looks familiar there is Pennywise. :squiggle: Title recommends? :idea:
Anything. Seriously. I own pretty much every cd they ever made...it's all good ;) ok, maybe i'm a little biased.... :D

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Anything. Seriously. I own pretty much every cd they ever made...it's all good ;) ok, maybe i'm a little biased.... :D
What was first song of theirs you heard or the one that won you over? :idea:

Do F150's Float?
01-04-2006, 03:05 PM
What was first song of theirs you heard or the one that won you over? :idea:
Hahaha...Pennywise-pennywise...stole my uncle's cd when i was about 10 & never gave it back :D
Cd by Cd - my favs:
Pennywise
1) Pennywise
2) Fun & Games
3) Bro Hymn (of course)
Unknown road
1) Time to burn
2) Dying to know
3) Try to conform
Full Circle
1) Society
2) Broken
Straight Ahead
1) My Own Country
2) Straight Ahead
3) Alien
4) Watch me as i fall
5) Badge of pride
About time
1) Perfect People
2) Searching
3) Same old story
From the Ashes
1) Waiting
2) Holiday in the sun
3) Punch Drunk
The Fuse
1) The Kids
2) 18 Soldiers
3) Disconnect
4) Lies
Ok - they're all good - literally i listen to a whole cd (not just my fav. songs). but those are the ones i can't manage to skip past when they come up on my ipod ;)
Happy listening!!!! :D

FMluvswater
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Hahaha...Pennywise-pennywise...stole my uncle's cd when i was about 10 & never gave it back :D
Cd by Cd - my favs:
Pennywise
1) Pennywise
2) Fun & Games
3) Bro Hymn (of course)
Unknown road
1) Time to burn
2) Dying to know
3) Try to conform
Full Circle
1) Society
2) Broken
Straight Ahead
1) My Own Country
2) Straight Ahead
3) Alien
4) Watch me as i fall
5) Badge of pride
About time
1) Perfect People
2) Searching
3) Same old story
From the Ashes
1) Waiting
2) Holiday in the sun
3) Punch Drunk
The Fuse
1) The Kids
2) 18 Soldiers
3) Disconnect
4) Lies
Ok - they're all good - literally i listen to a whole cd (not just my fav. songs). but those are the ones i can't manage to skip past when they come up on my ipod ;)
Damn I gots my download work cut out for me! :D Thank-you very much for taking the time to suggest those. :smile: :cool:

Do F150's Float?
01-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Damn I gots my download work cut out for me! :D Thank-you very much for taking the time to suggest those. :smile: :cool:
No problem - always glad to pass the word, especially for the local boys :D

FMluvswater
01-05-2006, 09:44 PM
2. No Friend of Mine
3. Hey There
4. Devil Sent You
5. This Ain't Heaven
6. She's a Screamer
7. Bar Time
8. Burn the World
9. Ride With Yourself
10. Scratch N' Sniff
11. Stomp
Listened to 3 so far and I'm 3 for 3 on the liking it! :cool: Thank-you! This is just my kinda music! :cool:

hoolign
01-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Listened to 3 so far and I'm 3 for 3 on the liking it! :cool: Thank-you! This is just my kinda music! :cool:
how was ... 10. Scratch N' Sniff :D

shadow
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
songs! I've got around 4300 and it's not enough. :squiggle: There isn't anything I have that I want to hear right now but I want to listen to music. I need some recommends for some new hard rock songs ... or just finish the sentence :D "I need more .... ? "
Try these -
1. Corey Stevens
2. Indigenious
3. Robert Cray
4. Thin Lizzy
5. Stevie Ray Vaughn

BigBlockBaja
01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Nightwish
Try them... really good
Kinda like opera/metal/goth sorta

FMluvswater
01-05-2006, 11:25 PM
how was ... 10. Scratch N' Sniff :D
I'll let you know. :wink:

FMluvswater
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Try these -
1. Corey Stevens
2. Indigenious
3. Robert Cray
4. Thin Lizzy
5. Stevie Ray Vaughn
If I plug those into my P2P I'm gonna get bombarded by a zillion titles and I won't know what's bogus and what's a valid title to download. Please suggest some valid titles to watch for? :smile:

FMluvswater
01-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Nightwish
Try them... really good
Sounds intriguing ... title recommend(s)? :smile:

One Eyed Jack
01-06-2006, 02:17 AM
Nightwish
Try them... really good
like oversize shoes
and polka dots

gigamurph
01-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Wassup FMlw? Been listenin' alot to "Start A War" by Static-X lately. Great album from start to end IMO. "Dirthouse" stands out with me but if ya want hard, I don't think you can go wrong with Wayne's Gang! :p

FMluvswater
01-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Wassup FMlw? Been listenin' alot to "Start A War" by Static-X lately. Great album from start to end IMO. "Dirthouse" stands out with me but if ya want hard, I don't think you can go wrong with Wayne's Gang! :p
Been dizzy, Gig (whined about it at Barney's :D ). Thanks for the suggests are Dirthouse and Wayne's Gang songs or bands (sorry I don't know as much as I'd like to :redface: ) ? I'll be sure to look up Static-X. :smile:

gigamurph
01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Been dizzy, Gig (whined about it at Barney's :D ). Thanks for the suggests are Dirthouse and Wayne's Gang songs or bands (sorry I don't know as much as I'd like to :redface: ) ? I'll be sure to look up Static-X. :smile:"Dirthouse" is the fifth track on "Start A War"; and Wayne's Gang is a reference to Wayne Static and Static-X. Dizzy can be cool if ya know the cause. Hope ya get better soon!
:)

FMluvswater
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
"Dirthouse" is the fifth track on "Start A War"; and Wayne's Gang is a reference to Wayne Static and Static-X. Dizzy can be cool if ya know the cause. Hope ya get better soon!
:)
Ahh okay then. Thank-you. :smile:
Don't know the cause but I'm better today anyway.

Do F150's Float?
01-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey FM! I've got a $150 Tower gift card if you wanna buy your music legally... LOL.... :D

FMluvswater
01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey FM! I've got a $150 Tower gift card if you wanna buy your music legally... LOL.... :D
No I'm against that! :D But thanks. :wink: :D

Do F150's Float?
01-06-2006, 02:05 PM
No I'm against that! :D But thanks. :wink: :D
Me too...hence why i'm trying to get rid of it, LOL :D

FMluvswater
01-06-2006, 02:06 PM
:D LMAO!

NOTALENT
01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Talk to me. I've heard of Switchfoot (even have one song of theirs I think), I love Lifehouse (have a handful of their songs) as for Sugarcult I'm unfamiliar ... can you suggest some titles? I prefer hard rock but I also like some metal, some pop, some RAP, some hip-hop, some punk, some soft rock, some country, some folk, most swamp rock ... just craving hearing something new. :D
Are you kidding me? :D I know where I am - do you? :D This is ***boat Sandbar OFF-TOPIC Social Lounge. I don't accept unnecesssary apologies! :wink:
Totally Lost this thread...These are some of the newer rock bands out...
The Kinison
Hawthorne Heights
Halifax
Anberlin
Senses Fail
Ignite
Dead Poetic
Rise Against
The Killing Tree (lead singer of Rise Against 2nd band AWESOME!!)
Millencolin
This Love Machine
A Heartwell Ending
Story Of The Year
The Faint
Armor For Sleep
Rap:
2 Live Crew
Common
Luniz
Atmosphere
Hieroglyphics
Living Legend Crew
Fabulous
These are just the top of my head...I will post more when I get home.

FMluvswater
01-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Totally Lost this thread...These are some of the newer rock bands out...
The Kinison
Hawthorne Heights
Halifax
Anberlin
Senses Fail
Ignite
Dead Poetic
Rise Against
The Killing Tree (lead singer of Rise Against 2nd band AWESOME!!)
Millencolin
This Love Machine
A Heartwell Ending
Story Of The Year
The Faint
Armor For Sleep
Rap:
2 Live Crew
Common
Luniz
Atmosphere
Hieroglyphics
Living Legend Crew
Fabulous
These are just the top of my head...I will post more when I get home.
Holy cow! :supp: I've never heard of most of those! Makes me feel like a kid in an ice cream store with 101 new flavors - how'm I ever gonna try them all? :confused: :D

NOTALENT
01-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Holy cow! :supp: I've never heard of most of those! Makes me feel like a kid in an ice cream store with 101 new flavors - how'm I ever gonna try them all? :confused: :D
haha...LMAO!!!! :rollside: Your part of myspace right...??? go to the music section and enter the band names...you can listen to there songs before you download on LIMEWIRE.... :crossx: (you didn't hear this from me) :crossx:

FMluvswater
01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
No I'm not a part of myspace. That's okay I'll muddle through somehow. :D

FMluvswater
01-07-2006, 03:51 AM
Cd by Cd - my favs:
Pennywise
1) Pennywise
2) Fun & Games
3) Bro Hymn (of course)
Unknown road
1) Time to burn
2) Dying to know
3) Try to conform
Full Circle
1) Society
2) Broken
Straight Ahead
1) My Own Country
2) Straight Ahead
3) Alien
4) Watch me as i fall
5) Badge of pride
About time
1) Perfect People
2) Searching
3) Same old story
From the Ashes
1) Waiting
2) Holiday in the sun
3) Punch Drunk
The Fuse
1) The Kids
2) 18 Soldiers
3) Disconnect
4) Lies
Got 'em all! :cool: Previewing now for glitches before I add them to my permanent folder. I'm enjoying what I'm hearing (of 10 heard) so far. Thank-you very much! This is great having new to me rock to listen to! :cool: