PDA

View Full Version : River Racing Rules

cyclone
06-06-2006, 09:23 AM
any tips from the pros? here's what i've learned so far:
1. always leave first no matter what. A win is a win. you want fair then go to the track where there's lights and officials.
2. if possible, drive up behind the other boat and slow down as if you're gonna stop and squat and as soon as you're next to the other boat, mash gas and be out first. (ask danny about this one. he'll agree it works. :)
3. If you lose, you lose. suck it up wussys.
With that said, i prefer the track where I dont get smoked by slower boats. :crossx:
please feel free to add to the list of tips, tricks, cheats, rules and regulations.

dmontzsta
06-06-2006, 09:44 AM
never lift! if the other guy is ahead and backs off, keep on it and do a fly by, this works for most honda civic owners. if you are ahead, you win. :)

77charger
06-06-2006, 06:18 PM
remember a chase is race.Dont chase if you cant catch.

steelcomp
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
remember a chase is race.Dont chase if you cant catch.Ditto.

steelcomp
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
1. always leave first no matter what. A win is a win. you want fair then go to the track where there's lights and officials.
2. if possible, drive up behind the other boat and slow down as if you're gonna stop and squat and as soon as you're next to the other boat, mash gas and be out first. (ask danny about this one. he'll agree it works. :)
With that said, i prefer the track where I dont get smoked by slower boats. :crossx:
please feel free to add to the list of tips, tricks, cheats, rules and regulations.
Remind me never to race you Cyclone. :notam: With rules like that, you're just gonna say you won anyway, no mater what happens. Might as well not race.

Cs19
06-06-2006, 07:12 PM
If you get someone to take the bait with any of those "tricks" they deserve to get beat.
The Placecraft had a MAJOR disadvantage at the start in that video and he still drove around the cp (VERY hard to do in a jet).Why he took that bait I dont know, he must have known where he stood against the CP.

cyclone
06-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Remind me never to race you Cyclone. :notam: With rules like that, you're just gonna say you won anyway, no mater what happens. Might as well not race.
i learned the hard way that you either get out front or be prepared to chase someon when the other guy leaves on you. if you think street racing or river racing is a straight up fair deal then you are living in a dream world.
not my rules but that's what happens on the water. like i said you want fair then go to the track.

MudPumper
06-06-2006, 10:47 PM
i learned the hard way that you either get out front or be prepared to chase someon when the other guy leaves on you. if you think street racing or river racing is a straight up fair deal then you are living in a dream world.
not my rules but that's what happens on the water. like i said you want fair then go to the track.
You better get off the puter and get your ass back in the shop if you're gonna have that bad boy on the water by the 4th :crossx:

Psycho Squid
06-06-2006, 11:53 PM
How about.............. When you go to line up you go right then hard left creating an 8 crossing your own rollers. The other guy has to go through yours and his own...........(my personal favoooooooorite). I have so many " Buyer Beware''.
You kids are soooooo silly.
Sqwuid. :)

cyclone
06-07-2006, 08:37 AM
You better get off the puter and get your ass back in the shop if you're gonna have that bad boy on the water by the 4th :crossx:
gave up on that pipe dream. no way it'll be ready by the 4th.

MAXIMUS
06-07-2006, 12:32 PM
I like to let the other guy go first. Then squeez the gas just enough to stay next to him! Usually I get more enjoyment out of 1 seeing how much peddal I have left, 2 seeing how fast he went, 3 them thinking they just had their way with you! That is pretty fun stuff... This starts happening when you can't find really fast boats to run against... like out boards n shit! :)

moneysucker
06-07-2006, 03:04 PM
How about.............. When you go to line up you go right then hard left creating an 8 crossing your own rollers. The other guy has to go through yours and his own...........(my personal favoooooooorite). I have so many " Buyer Beware''.
You kids are soooooo silly.
Sqwuid. :)
I have fallen for this even when Petrofied was way faster than M$. The other Squid trick is look at the other guy just before taking off frantically pointing at your oil guage and act like you aren't running. When the other driver lifts and the boat sucks down in the water, mash the gas and go. It isn't cheating if there are no rules.
One rule that should be written is never call out anyone you can't beat. Nothing worse than chasing a guy down the street for 10 blocks to get our ass kicked in front of everyone.

*BN*
06-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Always take the inside lane closest to the crowd, you will have the angle for victory even if your 1-2 lengths back, barring the finish line is past the crowd.
Learned that one the hard way. LOL