PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Boating- Where to go?

Slacker
06-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I am curious is there any good lakes or rivers near Williamstown Nj to go boating etc... Thanks ... CT

502 JET
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
You could run in the Delaware river.Thats were I go.I live near Ft. Dix/Maguire Afb. and it takes me 30 minutes to get to the ramp in Florence NJ.It would take you about 30 min. to hit the river from Williamstown.You would have to research were to launch down there.
There's the Mullica river and the Maurice river near Williamstown.I have never ran at either river.
There are no unlimited HP lakes unless you go up north near NJ/NY border (Greenwood Lake and Lake Hopatcong).PA has several lakes.The only one I have run in is Lake Wallenpaupack wich is up near the NE corner Of PA.
You would be close to the bay and ocean (salt water) if you dont mind running in it.

DelawareDave
06-07-2006, 01:45 AM
You could try the Rancocas Creek. But it would get boring after a couple rides up and down it. But it is relatively calm, compared to how the lower Del River gets.
Edit: after refreshing my memory, the Delaware River is much closer. But for a jet boat, I would have to think that north of Florence would be better. It gets pretty rough Burlington and south, thru Philly.

Slacker
06-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the help ....