PDA

View Full Version : Topock

vmjtc3
06-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know if topock has a launch ramp. I have never stoped there but a buddy of myne was telling me about some good places to buy in that area for summer hangout's. I know you can get up there from havazoo but can you launch there, and is it a busy place to launch from?
Thanks, John C.

tamalewagon
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know if topock has a launch ramp. I have never stoped there but a buddy of myne was telling me about some good places to buy in that area for summer hangout's. I know you can get up there from havazoo but can you launch there, and is it a busy place to launch from?
Thanks, John C.
You can launch at Park Moabi or Topock Marina.

NeedlesNut
06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
or launch out of Needles Marina or Jack Smith's also.

vmjtc3
06-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Cool deal, Thanks for the info. Is Topock ok to leave a boat and truck at the place for the week. I live in vegas so I would be driving down on fri the back on sun. I am thinking I will leave the boat and truck there all the time. Is the place ok or is it tweekerville. I have to assume it is not the best place on earth to be or everyone would already be there.

schlepy
06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
topak has a launch ramp, beware of the big rock that you cannot see in the water by the dock. ....

KineticoH20
06-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Cool deal, Thanks for the info. Is Topock ok to leave a boat and truck at the place for the week. I live in vegas so I would be driving down on fri the back on sun. I am thinking I will leave the boat and truck there all the time. Is the place ok or is it tweekerville. I have to assume it is not the best place on earth to be or everyone would already be there.
I wouldn't recomend the whole week, once the bad element realize your not comming back, I would fear the worse. Too close to Needles and that my friend is tweekerville central.

Havasu1986
06-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Very slippery ramp. My wife fell on her butt and her back has not been the same.

vmjtc3
06-06-2006, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't recomend the whole week, once the bad element realize your not comming back, I would fear the worse. Too close to Needles and that my friend is tweekerville central.
Well now I dont know what to think. I guess I will have to check it out this weekend. The place we are looking at has a boat garage so I guess I will have to get an attack dog. I was looking at buying an rv lot in havazoo but I want a little bit of space as well. So I can keep a boat and toy hauler. But maybe topock is not the right place :idea:

78Southwind
06-06-2006, 05:24 PM
With a boat like yours I would launch at Moabi. Last year when the water was low I had to lift the rear of my boat over the mound of mud that is about 25 feet from the edge of the launch ramp where the cement meets the water. I know Topock did some work on the lauch ramp in the winter but if the water level is low you might have a problem getting it out. If you want to put the boat in dry storage Moabi charges about $35 a month.

vmjtc3
06-06-2006, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=78Southwind]With a boat like yours I would launch at Moabi. Last year when the water was low I had to lift the rear of my boat over the mound of mud that is about 25 feet from the edge of the launch ramp where the cement meets the water.
that does not sound good

Kiddunot
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Topock Is Plenty Deep For Launching, Just Stay To The Left. The Water Level At This Time Of Year Will Not Be Low.

Nord
06-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I would not launch at Topock ever again!!!!!
I Focked Up my trailer there 3 times!!! You'd think I would have learned at 2 but nooooo.......
Launch at Jack Smith or luanch at Needles (which is just as bad IMO)

vmjtc3
06-06-2006, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=Nord]I would not launch at Topock ever again!!!!!
I Focked Up my trailer there 3 times!!!
That blows.........what happend?