PDA

View Full Version : 28' Party Cat

Boozer
06-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Thinkin about buying one.
Anyone wanna comment on what they think of theirs. Likes/Dislikes.
Thanks.

CARGUY
06-16-2003, 01:05 PM
I AM ALSO IN THE MARKET. I CALLED KEITH SAYRE AT CONQUEST LAST WEEK AND HE TOOK ME AND MY FAMILY OUT THIS LAST SAT FOR A DEMO. I WANTED TO DEMO IN THE AFTERNOON WHEN THE WATER WAS TORE UP. THIS BOAT IS INCREDIBLE I LEFT THE GORGE AND WENT ACROSS THE LAKE AT 74 M.P.H(SPEEDO NOT GPS)AND THIS BOAT WAS VERY STABLE AT 3:30 IN THE AFTERNOON IN REALLY BAD BOAT CHOP. IT TURNS VERY WELL FOR A CAT, HAS MORE BOW RISE THAN I AM USED TO BUT EVERYONE SAYS THIS IS NORMAL FOR A CAT. KEITH IS A GREAT GUY AND I BELIEVE THAT ALTHOUGH THE OTHER PRODUCTS OUT THERE ARE GOOD, THE CONQUEST IS A STEP ABOVE.

Boozer
06-17-2003, 05:01 AM
How is conquests Top Cat priced in comparrison to the Advantage Part Cat? What size engine was in the cat you demo'd?

Charley
06-17-2003, 06:50 AM
Conquest's are nice but I still like the lines of the Magic. Oh and the E-ticket is starting to grow on me too......and it will hold Twins wink

Boozer
06-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Charley:
Conquest's are nice but I still like the lines of the Magic. Oh and the E-ticket is starting to grow on me too......and it will hold Twins wink E-Ticket?

CARGUY
06-17-2003, 08:14 AM
I HAVE NEVER RESEARCHED THE PARTY CAT, MY WIFE DOESN'T LIKE THE LOOKS OF IT. MOTOR WAS THE VOLVO 600 PKG WHICH I THOUGHT WAS AN ODD CHOICE. IT WAS SLUGGISH LOW TO MID, BUT HAD O.K. TOP END. I WAS TOO BUSY WIPING DROOL OFF ME AFTER DRIVING IT TO ASK HOW IT WAS PROPPED. THIS BOAT ALSO HAD ZERO RATTLE NOISE AT HIGH SPEED IN ROUGH WATER WHICH IS A PLUS FOR ME.

24RODjr
06-17-2003, 09:02 PM
CARGUY, THERE IS A SMALL KEY ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE KEY BOARD, EITHER 4TH OR 5TH DOWN....IT'S CALL CAPs lock....oh...looks like I found it :D

OC-PARTYCAT
06-20-2003, 08:24 AM
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/1394963/49753286_1.jpg
Mine is for sale... click on the link below for info. :D
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/6/49753286.htm

Stoked
06-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Boozer:
I spoke to Keith last week he was real helpful. I haven't had the opportunity to go for a demo yet. They look like a sweet ride. How was the rigging and attention to detail? I have a 224 Stoker HP500 that runs 100, but as the kids are growing up and bring more friends to the river my needs are changing very quickly. Tough Decision.
Steve

Boozer
06-23-2003, 11:06 AM
When you get a chance to demo it let me know how things go.
Right now I am kind of set on the Magic 28 Deck. I cant find anything with lines that come close. Only thing is that right now I hear that the Magics have a problem with air entrappment and they wont get on plane until you are going about 50 MPH. If that's the case then I wont be buying a Magic.
The Carrera deck boat looks pretty nice but it doesnt come in a 28. Everyone keeps saying E-Ticket but I have yet to see pics of E-Tickets Deck Boat.

MAGIC1
06-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Boozer I can assure there is no issues with our air entrapment on our 28 deck, I'd love to take you for a ride in mine it just got done friday 1000+hp or I take you for a ride in a stock one. Please give me a call.
Matt Bair
Magic powerboats
928-680-7600

Keith E. Sayre
06-23-2003, 01:52 PM
At risk of sounding like an echo, the Magic deckboat doesn't have any issues when planing.
They use the same bottom that we do which is the
same bottom that about 10 other companies use.
However, I have noticed that we prop our boats a
little easier than Magic does so that may explain
why the Magic is taking a while to plane. I also would add that Magic plays with the x dimension
and tests the limits, this would make their demo
boat plane a bit slower but all in trade for better top end. Nice boat Matt!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Pure Magic
06-24-2003, 07:42 AM
MAGIC1:
Boozer I can assure there is no issues with our air entrapment on our 28 deck, I'd love to take you for a ride in mine it just got done friday 1000+hp or I take you for a ride in a stock one. Please give me a call.
Matt Bair
Magic powerboats
928-680-7600 Matt,
Nice boat you should post PICS of that one.
And it sounds good toooooo!
The only thing that would make it better is if it was ( ALL WHITE )

Phat_Kat
06-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Boozer:
Thinkin about buying one.
Anyone wanna comment on what they think of theirs. Likes/Dislikes.
Thanks. I heard that advantage was throwing a 34 together so you might look into that!
[ June 24, 2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

Charley
06-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Boozer:
When you get a chance to demo it let me know how things go.
Right now I am kind of set on the Magic 28 Deck. I cant find anything with lines that come close. Only thing is that right now I hear that the Magics have a problem with air entrappment and they wont get on plane until you are going about 50 MPH. If that's the case then I wont be buying a Magic.
The Carrera deck boat looks pretty nice but it doesnt come in a 28. Everyone keeps saying E-Ticket but I have yet to see pics of E-Tickets Deck Boat. Do a search on these boards.. there are a few threads...some people don't care for the lines but I'm starting to like it.... big ole sponsons...looks a little like a Skater or spectre to me :D ... DCB was talking about doing a deckboat but there is no definite answer at this time. good luck...a deckboat with twins sounds bitchen wink

DogHouse
06-24-2003, 09:32 AM
I'm pretty sure I was told that Magic will have a deck version of the new 34 cat as well. Gorgeous boat. The gel on the first one doesn't do it for me but the mold lines are beautiful. Maybe (ALL WHITE) would be a good choice eh Tom? wink
I tell ya, if money grew on trees... :D

Pure Magic
06-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Brian,
ALL WHITE good choice.
90 hrs still going strong!
Hope things are good.
Tom

DogHouse
06-24-2003, 09:50 AM
BTW Boozer, if I'm not mistaken, the Carerra is measured 25'7" down the centerline from the transom. The 28 Magic, Conquest, etc, are barely 28' measured from the tip of the sponson to the back of the swim platform. If you're worried about the size number for interior space reasons, I think you'll find that there really isn't much difference. However if you want the integral swim platform, well that's pretty hard to get on a Carerra! :D

Skaterfast
06-24-2003, 10:09 PM
E-Ticket is in a class all by themselves.http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002664

Boozer
06-25-2003, 07:56 AM
I like the lines of the Magic a lot more then the E-Ticket. The E-Ticket just looks to bubbly "IMO" and I bet it's also out of my price range.

tatoo
06-25-2003, 10:18 AM
hey boozer, if you ever want to see the shity side of workmanship from sleekcraft/magic give me a ring. i live close to you and would be willing to let you see it in PERSON. anyone can post of bad experiences or bad workmanship with a company, and alot of times we dont get to see it. seems like its all one sided, well i'm ready to show you in person because i would hate for you to spend your hard earned money on the wrong product! its great that some people have had luck with sleek/magic but i know of many more that have not.AGAIN BOOZER THIS WOULD BE FOR YOUR BENEFIT SO YOU CAN SEE BEFORE YOU BUY! also i have some documentation and pictures from other customers i can share with you.let me know we can go for a boat ride (if it dont sink)

CARGUY
06-25-2003, 11:03 AM
When these deck boats are this close in performance, you have to go with the better company. I have dealt with both Magic(Fontana office) and Conquest, and in my opinion Conquest is the 1st choice. Keith is a pro who gives a shit about your needs, and treats you like a buyer. Magic is definitely 2nd, and Eliminator is not an option if you want any type of customer service during and after the purchase.

tatoo
06-25-2003, 11:08 AM
i agree with carguy. you have to have customer satisfaction along with the purchase. i also have dealt with keith and he is a great guy who tries to cater to your needs.

1ASKYDV
06-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Hey tatoo....I mean Todd Gerstenberger....stirrin up the shit pot again huh!!!! :mad: Why did you change your screen name? :confused:
Boozer...take everyone's opinions as you like.
I for one was completely satisfied with Magic before and after the sale. There are some out there that are never happy! wink wink

DogHouse
06-25-2003, 11:30 AM
1ASKYDV:
Hey tatoo....I mean Todd Gerstenberger....LMAO, I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that!
:D

tatoo
06-25-2003, 11:49 AM
no need to wonder fellas, you got me! i guess i should have been more discreet with my e-mail name.changed screen names because i can. also i like a shorter name better than gerstenberger! i figured someone out there would step up and think i'm stirrin the shit (especially you select few magic owners) like i said before alot of people can just bitch without just cause or reason,doesnt it seem logical that i am willing to show a fellow forum member IN PERSON? you guys may have great boats and experiences but that doesnt mean everyone has had the same! :cool:

DogHouse
06-25-2003, 12:02 PM
tatoo:
...doesnt it seem logical that i am willing to show a fellow forum member IN PERSON?... Yup that's fair. Glad you're back actually. It's always good to have alternative points of view represented! I suppose you probably didn't make it to the regatta last weekend. Me either, went to OP6 instead. Maybe if you get out west this summer we can get some Magics/Sleeks together for a show n tell over a few cold beers. Of course we'll have to keep it a secret or those DCB snobs will show up and try to upstage us! wink :D
-brian

tatoo
06-25-2003, 12:07 PM
thanks brian. by the way i have seen your magic and its beautiful! actually we are leaving the morning of july 11th for havasu and plan on staying for a little over a week. a good friend of mine has a house on the golf course that he is letting us use for the week we should try and hook up or we can throw you some steaks on the grill!

DogHouse
06-25-2003, 12:21 PM
That timing might work out. Let's keep in touch and see how it goes...
-brian

Jrocket
06-25-2003, 01:48 PM
DogHouse:
DCB snobs :D
Somebody call me? :D

mbrown2
06-25-2003, 02:21 PM
I actually like the Advantage 28....don't like the 22 and 26...those designs are dated...and as far E-Ticket, I feel the Deck Boat looks like crap...Their tunnel on the otherhand looks like a flat-deck skater (nice)..My personal favorite deck is the Magic, just like the lines better than the Conquest...I am sure there are unhappy customers with both, but lately we have heard some good stories from Magic, and have always heard good on Conquest.

DogHouse
06-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Jrocket:
Somebody call me? :D Yeah, I swam over to meet you guys in the DCB/Cat flotilla at OP6, soon as I met Mr. Big you guys all fired up and left. Was it something I said? :D :D :D

Jrocket
06-25-2003, 03:18 PM
DogHouse:
Jrocket:
Somebody call me? :D Yeah, I swam over to meet you guys in the DCB/Cat flotilla at OP6, soon as I met Mr. Big you guys all fired up and left. Was it something I said? :D :D :D Naaaa,but you know how it is.When Mr.Big says lets roll ,well we gotts ta roll Dog!!! Sorry about that DogHouse,I was looking forward to meeting you.

DogHouse
06-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Yah I figured that Mr. Big must have given the ultra secret DCB sign to saddle up and ride. Either that or he said "my boat's faster than yours" and hit the starter!
:D