PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever have anything stolen from

Jyruiz
06-06-2006, 03:04 PM
From your boat while it was parked in the driveway in there Havasu house? Just wondering as I leave mine out there at night.

HavasuSelect
06-06-2006, 03:08 PM
A while back we had the our prop stolen. More recently we had all the gas siphened out of both tanks.

Jyruiz
06-06-2006, 03:12 PM
A while back we had the our prop stolen. More recently we had all the gas siphened out of both tanks.
That sucks, I didn't want to park the boat in the garage every night when I am there. Specially since I have to caddy corner the boat in there so it could fit.

al cole'holic
06-06-2006, 03:13 PM
..cd's, ropes, and hell potato chips! :mad:

OnlyMoney
06-06-2006, 03:15 PM
We've got friends that have had their boat stereo stuff stolen two times in 4 years. :mad:

voodoomedman
06-06-2006, 03:27 PM
We've got friends that have had their boat stereo stuff stolen two times in 4 years. :mad:
I cannot sleep right unless she is safe at home in her garage.

RitcheyRch
06-06-2006, 03:30 PM
I hate thieves

Garrddogg
06-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Fukcin tweekers in havi got me!! She was
at the buisy bee auto electric on industrial :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1652SMART_CRAFT.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1652STEREO.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1652SUBS.JPG

acatitude
06-06-2006, 03:54 PM
so help me understand this....... most of you live in so cal and have 2nd homes in havi or reside there.....now im trying to figure out the allure to move there when I hear about the dirt bags on the beach all the fockin thiefs and assholes that either live or caper in havi....some would get the feeling that havi is a dirt bag town????? not hating, just wondering....

HocusPocus
06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
we always leave our boats at the Havasu house, some things fit in the garage but at least 2 boats didn't. in the past 18 years of owning the place, not once did we ever have anything stolen from any boat. however our house did get broke into once by some kids and they tore up a lot of stuff. They were eventually caught and made to pay. The crazy part was.. the kids parents.. you would have thought we were the bad guys for having them arrested and going thru the court process to get them to pay up. :skull:

ultra27jay
06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
my buddies boat on memorial day weekend in my driveway between the hours 3am and 7 am took his headunit, camera,sunglasses, his backpack and just about anything not bolted down. i would just love to catch one of them! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Ziggy
06-06-2006, 04:30 PM
My boats bed is in the garage, she won't sleep unless she's tucked in or I'm with her. :)

Run_em_Hard
06-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Shit...I leave my keys in my truck with the windows down all day and night and not worry. Guess there are bonus's to living in small towns.

HTRDLNCN
06-06-2006, 04:41 PM
That happens anywhere there is lots of
nice stuff laying around regardless where
you are and the perps probably dont even live in the area.

Kilrtoy
06-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Where do all of you live that your stuff is getting stolen,
NORTH
CENTRAL
OR SOUTH

Jyruiz
06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I never leave anything in the boat when I leave it in the driveway, I remove the face of the deck and bring the cameras in and everything. I am worried about the prop, the amps in the midcabin behind the seats and the speakers and subs. My boat is also not that easy to get up the driveway cause I have to go in an able so the trailer does not dig into the asphalt, and I would hate to go thru all that every day I am out there.
Did you guys leave the porch lights on, maybe I should install some lights with motion sensors?

Jyruiz
06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
NORTH
CENTRAL
OR SOUTH
I live kind of central, of Smoketree and Pima, I have not had anything stolen though and I always leave my boat in the driveway at night.

Biglue
06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
I always leave my boat outside attached to my truck as I don't have a place out there. I have never had anything stolen from me. But I always take anything of value out of it for the night.
Hey Jy, how hard would it be to slide your boat in next to your garage inside the fencing? Just a thought. Prolly a little easier than dealing with the garage, no?

thumbs
06-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Nothing stolen but a stray cat did decide to pee in the boat on the one night we did not cover it.

Miss Perfect
06-06-2006, 07:00 PM
I always leave my boat outside attached to my truck as I don't have a place out there. I have never had anything stolen from me. But I always take anything of value out of it for the night.
Hey Jy, how hard would it be to slide your boat in next to your garage inside the fencing? Just a thought. Prolly a little easier than dealing with the garage, no?
That's what I was thinking. Wouldn't there be room where the seadoos were?

voodoomedman
06-06-2006, 07:00 PM
I never leave anything in the boat when I leave it in the driveway, I remove the face of the deck and bring the cameras in and everything. I am worried about the prop, the amps in the midcabin behind the seats and the speakers and subs. My boat is also not that easy to get up the driveway cause I have to go in an able so the trailer does not dig into the asphalt, and I would hate to go thru all that every day I am out there.
Did you guys leave the porch lights on, maybe I should install some lights with motion sensors?
Get yourself a prop lock and a stern drive lock. Also a trick I thought of when I had to bring my boat home to SoCal and didn't want to rearrange the shop to get the boat into the tandem for just a couple of nights. Get a baby monitor and put it in the boat then sleep next to the receiver. If you hear someone messing with your rig you show up outside with a bat, a gun or whatever you got.

dicudmore
06-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Get yourself a prop lock and a stern drive lock. Also a trick I thought of when I had to bring my boat home to SoCal and didn't want to rearrange the shop to get the boat into the tandem for just a couple of nights. Get a baby monitor and put it in the boat then sleep next to the receiver. If you hear someone messing with your rig you show up outside with a bat, a gun or whatever you got.
Thats not a bad idea :cool:

HavasuSelect
06-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Thats not a bad idea :cool:
Not a bad idea at all!

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 07:44 PM
I had someone leave something in my boat one time...
...a used condom. :notam:
After that, I installed a car alarm with an IR sensor (the kind they use for convertables). It was pretty cool to walk away, "chirp it"...and if someone stuck their hand in, it went off.
It worked well in the channel, too. The ignition disable meant that they couldn't start the boat, either.

AZJD
06-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I had someone leave something in my boat one time...
...a used condom. :notam:
After that, I installed a car alarm with an IR sensor (the kind they use for convertables). It was pretty cool to walk away, "chirp it"...and if someone stuck their hand in, it went off.
It worked well in the channel, too. The ignition disable meant that they couldn't start the boat, either.
Give it some more time and you will have something stolen from you.....
Hint: Mrs HH...... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Hint: Mrs HH...... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
I don't think you can afford it...
...but "take over payments" works for me.
:D

TrojanDan
06-06-2006, 08:20 PM
NORTH
CENTRAL
OR SOUTH
Living on the Southside certainly has a few advantages. :cool:

Kilrtoy
06-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi neighbor

Jyruiz
06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
The problem is that our trucks are not 4x4 and when I try to put the boat back there, the trucks tend to dig into the rocks. I might try the baby monitor thing, we have some of those that we don't use anymore or get an alarm installed.

ultra27jay
06-06-2006, 10:49 PM
The problem is that our trucks are not 4x4 and when I try to put the boat back there, the trucks tend to dig into the rocks. I might try the baby monitor thing, we have some of those that we don't use anymore or get an alarm installed.
HEY JY I LIVE OFF OF PIMA AND CISCO AND TWO WEEKES AGO MY BUDDIE LEFT HIS BOAT IN MY DRIVEWAY FROM 3AM TILL 7AM AND THE TWEEKERS GOT HIS STEREO CAMERA SUNGLASSES AND WHATEVER WASENT BOLTED DOWN...WE ARE NEIGHBORS WE SHOULD HANG OUT SOMETIME IM ALLWAYS HAVING PEOPLE OVER AFTER A DAY ON THE WATER. ANYWAY TALK TO U SOON AND WATCH YOUR STUFF...

onetallhd
06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I have a house on the southside and we leave our boat outside everytime we are there. It always goes behind the gate but we have never had anything stolen from the boat. Like someone said earlier 'southside'!!

acatitude
06-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I think the best deteraint would be leave the engine hatch open about 8 inches. install an alarm that when someone gets in boat it activates a swing arm that raises a colt 45 aiming out of the opened hatch cover and on a swivel that caps off entire clip in 2 second intervals across the width of your boat and is set for about 6 inches above your deck..... no muss to the boat and the tweakers would all know not to fock with your shiat again

Hardly Satisfied
06-07-2006, 01:09 AM
had one of my CD'S case taken from my boat one night

YeLLowBoaT
06-07-2006, 01:52 AM
. Get a baby monitor and put it in the boat then sleep next to the receiver. If you hear someone messing with your rig you show up outside with a bat, a gun or whatever you got.
If you got one of those 2 way models you could rack the old pump from the you bed room... the only bad side to that would be cleaning up the piss and sh*t in the boat the next morning. I would not confront any1 stealing car/boat/what ever at night, with out a gun.( hell even in the day time I am still going to grap my old 870. Its the only gun I keep in the house loaded, minus one in the chamber.) I will say there is nothing like the sound of a old pump shot gun to scare you death. Every one knows that sound and what it means. I always figured that the sound of me racking it is the best warning you can give... it will also be the last.

SDLifesaver
06-07-2006, 05:46 AM
We had our boat stolen from our old house in San Diego. Middle of the afternoon, I was at the beach and the wife was sleeping because she worked the night shift at the time. 2 dudes just pulled up and hooked it up and drove off. In 2001 when it happened the last thing I thought someone would do was steal the whole boat. Where would you hide it? It was covered, chock blocks on the tires, but all our stuff was inside. 2 wakeboards, lifevests, tools, stereo, ect. We just had the trailer completely re-done, the motor and pump completely re-done, Hydraulic place diverter. We thought it was maybe an inside job but never found out and the SDSO never found the boat. I would love to find the people to this day. We look for it every trip to the river or lake.

Jyruiz
06-07-2006, 07:04 AM
HEY JY I LIVE OFF OF PIMA AND CISCO AND TWO WEEKES AGO MY BUDDIE LEFT HIS BOAT IN MY DRIVEWAY FROM 3AM TILL 7AM AND THE TWEEKERS GOT HIS STEREO CAMERA SUNGLASSES AND WHATEVER WASENT BOLTED DOWN...WE ARE NEIGHBORS WE SHOULD HANG OUT SOMETIME IM ALLWAYS HAVING PEOPLE OVER AFTER A DAY ON THE WATER. ANYWAY TALK TO U SOON AND WATCH YOUR STUFF...
Sounds good bro, I will be in Havi next month from the 14th thru the 24th. LMK if you are going to be out there during that time and I will stop by with some cold ones.

AZJD
06-07-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't think you can afford it...
...but "take over payments" works for me.
:D
Probably so, alright I'm over it! :)

ultra27jay
06-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Sounds good bro, I will be in Havi next month from the 14th thru the 24th. LMK if you are going to be out there during that time and I will stop by with some cold ones.
sounds good i will be there next weekend for the ultra regatta from thurs the 15th,night till sunday after noon. will u be on line up in havi. if u are i will pm u when i get to my house ... :rollside:

Jyruiz
06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
sounds good i will be there next weekend for the ultra regatta from thurs the 15th,night till sunday after noon. will u be on line up in havi. if u are i will pm u when i get to my house ... :rollside:
Won't be back to Havi till next month :cry: from the 14th thru the 24th. LMK if you are there during that time. Oh, and I am on line when I am in Havi.

Not So Fast
06-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Come on now, do you think the crooks go into the ghetto to steal, I think not. They head to the high dollar hoods, not to where the Liners are stored. Bright lights and that alarm sounds like a good deterent if you park outside, or a shit eating Doberman :D NSF

Havasu Carrera
06-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I live in Lake Forest CA!! How safe is that!!
My kids bike gets stolen from his school
Got it on serveilance video!
They found the kids!!!
One moved away.
NO BIKE back and no reimbursment!!

TrojanDan
06-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Come on now, do you think the crooks go into the ghetto to steal, I think not. They head to the high dollar hoods, not to where the Liners are stored. Bright lights and that alarm sounds like a good deterent if you park outside, or a shit eating Doberman :D NSF
Or maybe they just don't think my Magic is worth ripping off? :idea:

Not So Fast
06-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Or maybe they just don't think my Magic is worth ripping off? :idea:
Ouch, that hurts. One thing for sure they dont have to look very far to find one, they are in every other driveway :rolleyes: NSF

HTRDLNCN
06-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Why not LoJack the boat?
Shouldnt be any harder to track than a car..