PDA

View Full Version : How all the Rhino's do??

sigepmock
01-04-2006, 11:35 AM
We had ours out for the first time in Glamis over New Years and I was really suprised at how well it did. Following the Jeeps was no problem. Following the medium paced quads wasn't a problem either. Not fast enough for the fast guys rides or the buggies but overall it did really well and most of all the wife really liked it. Now I just need to get the cage and rear seats for the trips to hill and drags.
How'd all you big baller long travel guys do?
How about those with power mods? What worked and what didn't?
I think the carb, pipe, and clutch kit are in my future.
Thanks,
Chris

riverbound
01-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Mine did fine in Pismo. I only found one dune I couldnt make it up. Im pretty sure if I hit the bottom with more speed it wouldnt have been a problem, but with the kids in the back seat I didnt want to risk anything.
BTW....Chris, mine is at Al&Eds right now, with the back seat in ;)

riverbound
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/645f49a0.jpg

sigepmock
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I'll have to check it out. Ours climbed Oldsmobile hill in Glamis with SoCalHD and my fat but in it, not too fast but it made it. Only thing it didn't like was those hills with the deep whoops at the bottom that wouldn't let you carry any speed.

sigepmock
01-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Great pic!!!! :D How was it getting the kids in and out of the back??

riverbound
01-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Great pic!!!! :D How was it getting the kids in and out of the back??
No problem whatsoever. I actually put them in form the sides. works out great. the hard part is actually trying to get them OUT of the thing. they never want to get out :D

ROZ
01-04-2006, 12:46 PM
I heard a few peeps were a little upset because the fairly stock ones were lighter and handled the sand much faster than the heavy modified ones... :D

riverbound
01-04-2006, 12:48 PM
I heard a few peeps were a little upset because the fairly stock ones were lighter and handled the sand much faster than the heavy modified ones... :D
I could see how that is true....mine is MUCH heavier then when it was stock andit handles a lot differently too.

ROZ
01-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I could see how that is true....mine is MUCH heavier then when it was stock andit handles a lot differently too.
Um, RB.... I think you forgot something ?

Magic34
01-04-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm joining the Rhino game after this weekend.

JB in so cal
01-04-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm joining the Rhino game after this weekend.
...you're soft and weak!! Don't go to the dark side, noooooooooooooooo!

Cole1313
01-04-2006, 01:09 PM
So now that all you ballers are getting Rhinos, do you know where I could pick up a used electric golf cart??

sigepmock
01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Welcome aboard...... :crossx: I really was impressed with how well ours did with just the CDI boax and tires. Definately more fun than our old golf cart. I think we may have converted CaSean over as well. We had to PUSH his golf cart into the trailer on Monday after it tried to keep up with the Rhino..... :cry:

JB in so cal
01-04-2006, 01:17 PM
So now that all you ballers are getting Rhinos, do you know where I could pick up a used electric golf cart??http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2271Cart_1.jpg
What are you looking for? 36, 48 volt; EZ GO, etc??
Love mine. Brought it home to do a few more mods to it.

riverroyal
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
lets see if my kid can put that thing in the lake this time

JB in so cal
01-04-2006, 01:21 PM
lets see if my kid can put that thing in the lake this time
LOL I think I'll chain a pair of wheel chocks to the rear seat. :)

riverroyal
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
my vacation may still be happening in April!

Cole1313
01-04-2006, 01:33 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2271Cart_1.jpg
What are you looking for? 36, 48 volt; EZ GO, etc??
Love mine. Brought it home to do a few more mods to it.
Dont really know the difference! I was just looking for something to tool around in around the neighborhood and when we go camping. Yours is really nice. How much?

JB in so cal
01-04-2006, 01:42 PM
How much do you want to spend? You could buy a stock cart; A place in Havasu sells reconditioned ones for about $1800-$2000; do most of the other stuff your self or buy one already set up.

riverbound
01-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Um, RB.... I think you forgot something ?
You are an A-hole :D

Havasu1986
01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I bought the one in my avatar for $8500 plus tax from Premeir in Havasu. Its a 2002 with awesome paint, interior and lift kit. I think it was a little high but we put it on my wifes company card so I don't mind. Looking to put the Honda motor in it for the hills of Havasu.

sigepmock
01-04-2006, 01:53 PM
What's the story????? Did you join the Rhino Roll club????
Come-on spill the beans!!!!!

djunkie
01-04-2006, 01:53 PM
I bought the one in my avatar for $8500 plus tax from Premeir in Havasu. Its a 2002 with awesome paint, interior and lift kit. I think it was a little high but we put it on my wifes company card so I don't mind. Looking to put the Honda motor in it for the hills of Havasu.
Yikes that is a lot. I've got around 4500 into mine and I already have a 23hp Briggs motor in it. I still got lots to do so I'm sure I'll catch up to you. :D

ROZ
01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Whew! Now I can get my day back on track... Don't do that again :D

riverbound
01-04-2006, 02:09 PM
What's the story????? Did you join the Rhino Roll club????
Come-on spill the beans!!!!!
no Rhino roll club here. Especially with the kids in it.

riverbound
01-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Whew! Now I can get my day back on track... Don't do that again :D
OK A-hole

Magic34
01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
...you're soft and weak!! Don't go to the dark side, noooooooooooooooo!
I really didn't want one (seriously), but after strapping the lil one in the back seat, she loved it and I want to get one this week. Then the madness of the build starts.
I wanted a sand car, but the guy in camp last weekend had a huge sand car (800 HP) and he rarely drove it. Everyone was on Rhinos all weekend. That is what I want instead of building a rail, so I am after WetWillie to dethrone him on his Rhino. Billet a arms are going in production in 2 weeks. :p
I love my cart and it will dune with the Rhinos. We went way back and another group was cheering me on as they watched me dune behind the Rhinos. I love being the lone cart, but for all out duning, you cant strap the kid on the back and do so. That means Rhino for me.

djunkie
01-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I really didn't want one (seriously), but after strapping the lil one in the back seat, she loved it and I want to get one this week. Then the madness of the build starts.
I wanted a sand car, but the guy in camp last weekend had a huge sand car (800 HP) and he rarely drove it. Everyone was on Rhinos all weekend. That is what I want instead of building a rail, so I am after WetWillie to dethrone him on his Rhino. Billet a arms are going in production in 2 weeks. :p
I love my cart and it will dune with the Rhinos. We went way back and another group was cheering me on as they watched me dune behind the Rhinos. I love being the lone cart, but for all out duning, you cant strap the kid on the back and do so. That means Rhino for me.
Damm. Another victim to the dark side. I guess I will be a minority with my measly golf cart. :cry:

riverbound
01-04-2006, 03:03 PM
now step up to the FL60 and you can be big ballin' again :D
The rhino is the best $$ I spent for Family fun :D

Magic34
01-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Dont really know the difference! I was just looking for something to tool around in around the neighborhood and when we go camping. Yours is really nice. How much?
I have one for sale....
1998 EZGO, 24 HP Honda, A-Arms with polished coil over shocks, 600 watt stereo with CD player, and component speakers (2 pair) and 8" Sub, roll cage, bimini top, street legal, custom seats, billet speaker covers, carbon fiber dash, polished wheels.
This was pre stereo, but what the cart looks like.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368DSC00427-low-med.jpg

nobling
01-04-2006, 03:08 PM
How much with and w/out tunes!!!!

don johnson
01-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I have one for sale....
1998 EZGO, 24 HP Honda, A-Arms with polished coil over shocks, 600 watt stereo with CD player, and component speakers (2 pair) and 8" Sub, roll cage, bimini top, street legal, custom seats, billet speaker covers, carbon fiber dash, polished wheels.
Check your PM.

djunkie
01-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I have one for sale....
Do you have the high speed gears or stock ones?

Racer277
01-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't want to sound like an Ahole, but here goes:
Please consider getting them (open face) car helmets if they will be strapped in. A moto helmet is like putting a bunch of plastic bags on your head and lighting it on fire in case of an accident. The nomex in a car helmet may save their lives.
Looks like fun though..
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/645f49a0.jpg

casean
01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
I think we may have converted CaSean over as well. We had to PUSH his golf cart into the trailer on Monday after it tried to keep up with the Rhino..... :cry:
I'm definitely a believer now. Plus it will be allot more fun out there with two of them :crossx: Especially at night.
Now I just have to find a way to get our dead cart up the driveway and into the garage :idea:

riverroyal
01-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't want to sound like an Ahole, but here goes:
Please consider getting them (open face) car helmets if they will be strapped in. A moto helmet is like putting a bunch of plastic bags on your head and lighting it on fire in case of an accident. The nomex in a car helmet may save their lives.
Looks like fun though..
is that what you mean?...My kids look the same in my rhino,so Im just curious.Im always open to being safer

Magic34
01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Do you have the high speed gears or stock ones?
Putting in the high speed gears will take away the climbing ability. I would rather be able to go more places and max out speed at 30-35 then do 50.
I personally wouldn't do the high speed gears. It will hurt the uphill climbs.

Racer277
01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, exactly, in case of a fire.
They are strapped in, unlike on a bike (or quad) where you are not attached.
Anything goes (horrificly) wrong and it gets bad in seconds.
Nomex, at the least, won't melt around your head like a moto helmet.

riverroyal
01-04-2006, 03:28 PM
good suggestion.

djunkie
01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Putting in the high speed gears will take away the climbing ability. I would rather be able to go more places and max out speed at 30-35 then do 50.
I personally wouldn't do the high speed gears. It will hurt the uphill climbs.
Do you have the governor bypassed?

Magic34
01-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Do you have the governor bypassed?
Yes. My cart does a strong 35-40 actually.

djunkie
01-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Yes. My cart does a strong 35-40 actually.
Nice. I'm only doing around 30 in mine. But I have the governor hooked up still and I only have 23" tires.

Magic34
01-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Nice. I'm only doing around 30 in mine. But I have the governor hooked up still and I only have 23" tires.
I kept getting yelled at by Security at Lake Pleasant for hauling ass up the steep hill down to the docks. I was passing the other carts like they were standing still.
I'm really going to miss this thing. I wish I had room for both because I would keep it without question.

djunkie
01-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I kept getting yelled at by Security at Lake Pleasant for hauling ass up the steep hill down to the docks. I was passing the other carts like they were standing still.
I'm really going to miss this thing. I wish I had room for both because I would keep it without question.
Ya those motors do wake them up thats for sure. I'd love to get a rhino too but I don't really do Glamis anymore and I think it would be a little over kill for cruising around the desert in Havasu. If Honda comes out with one then I might think about it.

sigepmock
01-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I might know a guy that knows a guy with the hook up on billet parts for Rhinos.....he might even know a guy that has a couple of Rhino's for sale....Let me know and I'll hook you up.... :D

SoCalHD
01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm definitely a believer now. Plus it will be allot more fun out there with two of them :crossx: Especially at night.
Now I just have to find a way to get our dead cart up the driveway and into the garage :idea:
Does that mean that sigepmock and I need to make a drive??? :D

Magic34
01-04-2006, 05:02 PM
I might know a guy that knows a guy with the hook up on billet parts for Rhinos.....he might even know a guy that has a couple of Rhino's for sale....Let me know and I'll hook you up.... :D
I'll be sure to call you when I'm ready. :rollside:
Probably do all the performance motor mods first and paint, and then in April, start the suspension stuff.
Actually, need a new cage and rear seat first and wheels and tires, then the stuff listed above.
There went $25k :cry:

ADDICTED
01-04-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1929RHINO_HUMMER.jpg
My rhino had FUN!

Buster
01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
I had no problem keeping up with my bro in his stocker in the dunes. Justed air down the tires and gas it !!!! :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110DSC03948_Small_-med.JPG
Or in the hills
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110DSC03970_Small_-med.JPG
Or in the wash
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110Dumont_1-1-06_024_Small_-med.jpg
In the water he smoked me (Did not want to get my amp and speakers wet :) :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110Dumont_1-1-06_033_Small_-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110Dumont_1-1-06_030_Small_-med.jpg

riverroyal
01-04-2006, 06:26 PM
I'll be sure to call you when I'm ready. :rollside:
Probably do all the performance motor mods first and paint, and then in April, start the suspension stuff.
Actually, need a new cage and rear seat first and wheels and tires, then the stuff listed above.
There went $25k :cry:
24k and you can have mine :rolleyes:

hot_diggity_dog
01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
How much with and w/out tunes!!!!
What up Focker, LOL Nice to put the face to the name!
HDD

hot_diggity_dog
01-04-2006, 06:49 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1929RHINO_HUMMER.jpg
My rhino had FUN!
Sean they work Killer with the long travel setup.
HDD

hot_diggity_dog
01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I had no problem keeping up with my bro in his stocker in the dunes. Justed air down the tires and gas it !!!! :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110DSC03948_Small_-med.JPG
Or in the hills
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110DSC03970_Small_-med.JPG
Or in the wash
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110Dumont_1-1-06_024_Small_-med.jpg
In the water he smoked me (Did not want to get my amp and speakers wet :) :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110Dumont_1-1-06_033_Small_-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/2110Dumont_1-1-06_030_Small_-med.jpg
Nice pic's, that's the way to use them!
HDD

25Elmn8r
01-04-2006, 11:28 PM
So now that all you ballers are getting Rhinos, do you know where I could pick up a used electric golf cart??
You could buy mine! 2002(?) EZ-GO 36 Volt Electric, rear seat, head, tail, and brake lights, windshield, Lift, rims and tires. All white ready for paint. 3K
I can post pics if interested

Magic34
01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
24k and you can have mine :rolleyes:
I'll buy your seats and plastics..... :crossx:
I'll take care of the billet stuff though :cool:

riverroyal
01-05-2006, 09:18 AM
me a frame and a motor,be tough to drive...I can help you with paint and seats if you like,the guy that did mine is 5 minutes away,we talk everyweek.I will be hanging with him this weekend at the supercross.You can ship the stuff here with a sketch or just some colors you like,and let him go crazy.Or,buy a rhino,lets go to the dez,strip it down on sunday,I can then take the stuff to him myself!

Cole1313
01-05-2006, 09:24 AM
You could buy mine! 2002(?) EZ-GO 36 Volt Electric, rear seat, head, tail, and brake lights, windshield, Lift, rims and tires. All white ready for paint. 3K
I can post pics if interested
Can you please post a pic? And is there a special type of paint you have to use. I have a girl who is an amazing air brush artist, but I would have to get her the right paint.

riverroyal
01-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Can you please post a pic? And is there a special type of paint you have to use. I have a girl who is an amazing air brush artist, but I would have to get her the right paint.
If you airbrush over the white she will just need to etch the surface a bit,then maybe clearcoat over the airbrushing.Unless the white never had a clear sprayed on it,then just paint away.It may not last forever,but no biggie

Cole1313
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
If you airbrush over the white she will just need to etch the surface a bit,then maybe clearcoat over the airbrushing.Unless the white never had a clear sprayed on it,then just paint away.It may not last forever,but no biggie
That is kind of what I was thinking. I could change the theme every year.

riverroyal
01-05-2006, 09:31 AM
That is kind of what I was thinking. I could change the theme every year.
a housing market theme,that seems popular on here :cool:

Cole1313
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
a housing market theme,that seems popular on here :cool:
I could just have her draw trend lines going from the front to back.

riverroyal
01-05-2006, 09:39 AM
a big graph on the hood,Then every month you can continue the line up or down,it will look like lightning!

Cole1313
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
a big graph on the hood,Then every month you can continue the line up or down,it will look like lightning!
That would be sweet. Then for the side I could the current mortage rates aligned with the amount of defaults associated with it, as rates increase. The only problem with this theme, is that it would take longer then a year to get an accurate measure.

25Elmn8r
01-05-2006, 04:04 PM
This is the only picture I could find here. I have no idea about the paint, I never got that far. Paint and seats were the next step and we just stopped using it. Let me know if you want me to get other pics.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/204DSC00561.JPG