PDA

View Full Version : Hey 460 Guys!

Konabud
06-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Anybody running a water pressure gauge out there? I started my boat up (on the trailer at the lake) for the first time after tearing it apart this winter and everything went well except my new mechanical water pressure gauge is not working. There's a plug in the top of the front part of the intake manifold that I removed to tap the line into and at least with the boat on the ramp incline I'm not getting any pressure. Is this because of the ramp angle causing a air pocket in the manifold or do I need to move to another location?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3112Water_Pressure.JPG

sleekcrafter
06-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Your bowl may have been air locked, it happens some times when just the back of the boat is in the water. Also when backing in open the reverse gate, to prvent this from being a factor.
Sleek

Konabud
06-06-2006, 07:44 PM
So this location is OK?

malcolm
06-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I put a pressure gauge on my intake. It didn't move either. It finally jumped a bit when I had my foot in it going upstream. I have a gate valve that's about 3/4 off to get some heat in it. At speed I had about 10 psi.

b's sanger
06-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Location is fine and yes you likely were cavitating because the bowl was not loaded. Its happened to me several times.

victorfb
06-06-2006, 09:56 PM
at idle and/or low RPM, you may not be building enough pressure for the guage to read. i run a banderlog electric valve because i cannot build enough pressure to open a basset T valve unless i use a ball valve on the water exit line and partially close it. i didnt like that idea. though it is set up that way as a back up system, i just keep the ball and spring out. try running the boat on the water with more throttle. but not on the trailer.

Konabud
06-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the responses, that's one thing off my list!

Ken F
06-07-2006, 04:18 AM
I've tried running one there also, and had no luck. I'd be really interested to know why also. I would think that pressure would be equal throughout the system, but obviously that isn't so....
Ken F