PDA

View Full Version : H20 lines for a chiller?

RiverCityJet
06-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm rigging my motor for water and I wanted to know how everyone else does it. As it is now, I have a 1/2" pipe to a gate valve then to a pressure bypass and a -10 to the motor. I have two -8's coming out from the motor.
Now for the Question: What is the best way to plum the chiller?. I have an Aggressor pump and I have a Banderlog valve on the other side of the pump rite now. Should I run another bypass for the chiller?. If I do run another bypass for the chiller this would make Five outlets in the back of the boat.
1st for the water outlet from the motor, 2nd for the motor pressure bypass, 3rd for the chiller outlet, 4th for the chiller bypass outlet and 5th for bilge pump. Does this sound like alot of holes to you because it does to me. Is there another way?.
Thanks guys
RCJ

Duane HTP
06-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Run your jet pump water to the bypass, put the 10 lb. water to the motor. Take the water coming from the bypass and run it through your intercooler. Then you only have three water overboard outlets. Overboard engine water, overboard intercooler water and bilge water. If you have questions, call me. I set them up all the time. Just did one today. 316-795-8616 duane HTP

RiverCityJet
06-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the replys guys.
If I run a line from the motor bypass to the chiller, what size line would I use,
in and out of the chiller?.
Thanks
RCJ

RiverCityJet
06-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks DragBoats,
Duane, what size line do you recommend using going from the bypass to the chiller and out to the dump?.
RCJ

Aluminum Squirt
06-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm not speaking from experience here so bear with me. Does a chiller need to have full pressure at all times? Will it have issues if it does not have fresh, pressurized, cool water to it all the time? I saw on a thread a long time ago, somebody had a V-drive style water pickup mounted on their ride plate. Would it work to plump your chiller off the ride plate, go through the chiller and then just dump out the side/back. This way would give you good flow, nice cold water and the faster you went, the more water you would get. It may not be good to have no water flow if you are trying to keep things cool at idle or cooling off after a hard run. Just a thought-Aluminum Squirt