PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Guys Think Its Worth?

GOT TINT?
06-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Ok i got an 18' Kona jet boat a week ago and was going to take my time and do a complete restoration on the boat, i was going to paint the entire boat white, powdercoat the trailer white and do all of the accent colors on the boat candy blue. i started working on the boat got all of the old interior gutted out vaccumed all of the crap out of it so it ready to prep for paint. whats cool is there is only like 2 dimes size nicks in the boat so i will have 1/2 an hour of body work, and then just have to sand with 320 and its ready for paint. I got a set of watercooled Basset Headers for a 454 chevy and motor mounts for the same motor. so alls the boat really needed was the motor and new interior and was river ready but i wanted to do all of the above. I came across a boat that i want and was thinking of selling what i have but i dont really know if its what people are looking for, i thought it would be an awesome project and i dont have hardly any money in it at all, $600.00 for the boat and trailer(trailer is in excellent shape tires are almost new and the is no dents in the trailer), $250.00 Bassett Headers, $200.00 motor mounts = $1050.00. The boat already has guages Momo steering wheel, Berkly Pump, and i still have the seats there on the side of my house. What do you guys think would $1000.00 be a good price for everything.

Jetmugg
06-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Where is the boat located? $1K sounds fair for a project like that.
SteveM.

GOT TINT?
06-07-2006, 08:46 AM
its located in san diego,ca.

80Dimarco
06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I might take that off your hands, I live in San Diego too, PM me your phone #!

victorfb
06-07-2006, 09:05 AM
with only a couple small dings needing repair, can the rest of the original gel be salvaged? hate to see a boat get painted that has the original gel in good shape still. any pics of the boat? were in san diego?

GOT TINT?
06-07-2006, 09:31 AM
i live in campo, but my shop is in santee so if you didnt want to drive out to see the boat at my house i could bring it down to my shop. Also i was in the process of getting it ready for paint I havent touched the boat with any sand paper, i have only removed the seats and guages so if you want to keep it the way it is you could hook up the motor and it could be running. the only thing it needs is make new seats, and i have the old ones at my house they have retired though so its tmie for new ones but you can copy them with new wood wrap them with vynil and can be cruising down the river in a couple of days.

roostwear
06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Looks like a reason to put off the pontoon Vic!

victorfb
06-07-2006, 10:42 AM
nope. the pontoon is definatly next. :)

GOT TINT?
06-07-2006, 03:10 PM
sent a pm to the guys who were asking.