PDA

View Full Version : Some BOTE First Timer Questions:

drejustice
06-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Had a couple of questions that we haven't seen covered yet and figured we might not be the only ones with them.
We are staying at the lodge.
1) Where's the best place to launch the boat?
2) Is there a safe place to tie the boat up for the night? and if so where?
3) Is there a place to park the trailer with no issues?
Thanks,
Dre

Mrs.sleekcraft76
06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Had a couple of questions that we haven't seen covered yet and figured we might not be the only ones with them.
We are staying at the lodge.
1) Where's the best place to launch the boat?
2) Is there a safe place to tie the boat up for the night? and if so where?
3) Is there a place to park the trailer with no issues?
Thanks,
Dre
1. There is a marina (of sorts) down the street on the left. Also, you can launch at the lighthouse. Both have fee's for launching
2. There is no place for you to leave your boat for the night. Unless your staying at the lighthouse.
3. Last year we parked our truck and boat in the field next to the lodge. Simple, because there was not alot of parking in the lot. But, You had plenty of space between your vehicle and the next ones.
Everything will come together once you get there. You'll see what we're talking about.
See ya soon. Drive safe.

HammerDown
06-07-2006, 04:09 PM
The nicest ramp, I think is Anna Point Marina, just before you get to the Lighthouse(Hi Point Marina). It is really wide, probably 100' and goes in a long way for the guys bringing the big boats. Anna point is where I always launch but any of them are ok for a jet boat. See you soon...Keith
Sturgeon Marina is sweet also (my new fav)...and right near The Cell Block ;)

mrswetdream3
06-07-2006, 05:50 PM
The nicest ramp, I think is Anna Point Marina, just before you get to the Lighthouse(Hi Point Marina). It is really wide, probably 100' and goes in a long way for the guys bringing the big boats. Anna point is where I always launch but any of them are ok for a jet boat. See you soon...Keith
I like the Anna Point Marina too. let ride time out of the wake zone. nicer ramp then lighthouse. more room to park the rigs.
$8.00 last yr to launch.

Big Boys Toy PE857
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
How far is it from the High Point marina to the cove at Jacks?

shirkey4750
06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Jim, off the computer and back in the garage. Probably 5 to 7 miles from Lighthouse to Jacks.

99fever27
06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Anna Point has floating docks and High point doesnt if that makes a difference to you. I Put in At Anna Point recently and I think they were back up to $10 launch fee. My preference has always been Anna Pt. because of space and parking. For the bigger boats I dont think you could go wrong with Sturgeon creek, 70' of boat and rig should do fine here.

Big Boys Toy PE857
06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
John,
Five miles on an untested combination might be an all day ordeal. I'll be lucky to put the boat in the river here at home before it's time to leave for Anna. Know the feeling??? LOL!

redleader@Anna
06-08-2006, 04:01 AM
its more like 3-4miles to Jack's from Anna point or the lighthouse, may seem further on water but it isn't

24skaterVA
06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Im not that familiar w/ Anna & will probably be putting in at Pleasants, how far is that from where everyone will be hangin out ?

Schubyd
06-09-2006, 08:05 AM
You can see Jacks from Pleasants. Go up the lake for a few minutes and you will see a green roof on a house to the left. You can't miss it. When you see islands in the middle of the lake, turn left.

24skaterVA
06-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks guys, not sure if I'm gonna make it yet, will people still be hanging out Sunday also ?