PDA

View Full Version : New York Hotels?

OliverM5
06-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Going out to NY City in a few weeks for 3 nights....it seems like a decent hotel will cost in the range of $300-$400/night which is crazy....any ideas from you guys as to hotels/places to stay - I wanna be in the city....

gqchris
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
HEy Oliver,
I did Priceline last year in Febuary and got the Marriot Marquis for like 180 a night for 4 nights. I was pretty stoked. It is SUPEr nice and like right smack dab in the middle of times square. The subway station is right there too.
One thing in NYC< you dont want to skimp on the hotel or location. It goes from good to horrible real fast. I peeped out a hotel I was contemplating a previous trip last time, and I am so glad I did not trust the online pics! I used Epinion.com (http://www.epinion.com) for alot of resaerch. Hope this helps.

OliverM5
06-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Just tried that hotel on Priceline...they want $340/night :cry: thanks for the idea though...

Speedin' Ian
06-07-2006, 11:55 AM
I was out there last December with a few of my buddies and we stayed at the Maritime... it was a nice hotel located in the meat packing district, close to most of the hot clubs. The room was tiny but the hotel was really nice with a bar and restraunt in the lobby, and right next door was a great Sushi joint and club. New York is very expensive, but if you don't plan on going back any time soon do it right and stay somewhere nice. We didn't spend much time in Times Square, instead we stayed by our hotel, our in Soho (sp) and around NYU. We got there Thursday night and left Sunday afternoon, and I think I spent about 2k.

NorCalCat
06-07-2006, 01:03 PM
To b honest, hotels are outragious in NYC. I travel 2 x a month to NYC. I think the best bang for your buck is the Hyatt Grand Central Station. You are in the middle of everything. Or the W on Lexington (a bit more, but great bar seen) Take a town car to the hotel and to the airport. Same price as a cab, but much nicer.
GRAND HYATT
PARK AVE AT GRAND CENTRAL
NEW YORK, NY 10017
Total price (including local tax and fees) in USD: $242.00 per night

H20skier
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
We stayed at the Travel Inn 515 W 42nd St. 800-869-4630. Don't know how much it was since it was included on our tour, but couldn't have been too much as the tour wasn't that expensive. Rooms are basic, bathrooms small, but it is clean and centrally located just a couple of blocks from Time's Square. Enjoy your trip. We loved it.