PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a diverter they want to get rid of?

maxwedge
06-07-2006, 07:47 PM
...for a Berkeley JC pump. Preferably ugly and cheap since I'm going to re-coat the pump anyway.

CARLSON-JET
06-07-2006, 08:38 PM
how about a jetovator for the time being? my bud has one cheap all parts. manual control. needs a cable though. any who it would give you a good reason to come up here and go to the races on a thurs. night. It would also give you a break from your new job...oh and leave the wife at home. :-) let me know.

maxwedge
06-07-2006, 09:01 PM
That is tempting. Probably going to be another two weeks at least before my boat hits the water but, are they running up there tommorow night? I may be headed to Wisconsin anyway, so might make for a good side trip. :)

Code4
06-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I have an old school diverter, vintage 1976. Sorry, but it was just black powdercoated 2 months ago. PM me an offer.

CARLSON-JET
06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
maxwedge, yes they have been running since last thursday. you don't need a boat. you can hitch a ride. I'm on my way out there now.. R.B.

capt.murph
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
sorry to jump on thread but just woundered if they did this some where in IL newbie here and would love this in person thanks in advance ps ever go to the il river

maxwedge
06-08-2006, 11:16 PM
sorry to jump on thread but just woundered if they did this some where in IL newbie here and would love this in person thanks in advance ps ever go to the il river
Yep it's northern IL at Blarney Island on the chain-o-lakes. They race every Thursday. I've never been there yet (obviously didn't make it tonight either), but planning to go soon. There are several threads about it on the Bad Apples Racing site:http://www.badapplesracing.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=6908852875d08d4bfa932ef311f9e0e4. There is also drag boat racing down in ST Louis this weeked. Here's a link for that: http://www.sldba.org/. I'm kinda torn between going to that or NHRA in Joliet. :idea:
Cool to see another central IL person. I'm in Bloomington. And yes I go to the IL river sometimes, which reminds me...I heard the tail end of a radio commercial tonight for some sort of APBA Race in Peoria next week. Might have to look into that as well. It's a regular gearhead paradise around here this month. :D

CARLSON-JET
06-09-2006, 07:22 AM
The red and yellow TPC boat "Aint No Scooby Doo II" in this thread belongs to a friend of mine. We picked up the motor from the shop at 8 A.M. on thursday morning. Then drove the 1 1/2 hours back back and thrashed for a few hours to get her up and ready. We moved the motor foward 2 inches and re-routed a few things and made some final adjustments. It was a fun thrash to get it to the races. Working on a boat like this compared to my lake boat is cool and my Buds company is always enjoyable. He did well in both classes he ran.
Aint No Scooby Doo II at Blarneys (http://www.badapplesracing.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=244) ..
Ya Max.. It seems everything happens at once around here.. decisions decisions..lol Go to the boat races IMO it keeps one motivated. R.B.

capt.murph
06-09-2006, 09:29 PM
maxwedge thx for the info.yes there are apba races next weekend in peoria.sat at 11:00(i think dont quote me).also can you see these races at blarnney island from land or by boat only(still getting bt together 455 cracked block looking for new block seems hard to find).but would like to see an would
be good motivator also would be interested in that place diverter code 4 if maxwedge dosnt take it.or the jetovator carlsonjet thanx in advance