PDA

View Full Version : Sony changer/remote question...

Outnumbered
06-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I have 2 Sony Access Technologies remotes in the boat with new Sony 7715 HU, Sony Aux box, XM, and 10-CD changer. Worked great for a few trips but now I can't change DISKS with the remote. :cry: Disk forward/back only works with the HU controls. If I press the next disk button on the REMOTE it changes the track on the SAME CD. In other words the forward/back DISK buttons are acting like the forward/back TRACK buttons. WTF??? Any help would be great.
Thanks!!!!!

h2oski2fast
06-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Make sure the wire for the remote is plugged in all the way. I have seen this happen before as the plug backed out a bit.

Outnumbered
06-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Make sure the wire for the remote is plugged in all the way. I have seen this happen before as the plug backed out a bit.
I had a feeling that may have happened. We were out in the rough stuff memorial weekend. Maybe it pulled loose. I was hoping to not have to tear into the dash again but looks like that is what will be needed. Thanks.

Outnumbered
07-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the tip. I finally got into the dash and found that the mini-jack had backed out of the HU plug just enough to cause a problem. Re-inserted the plug and it works great now again.

h2oski2fast
07-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the tip. I finally got into the dash and found that the mini-jack had backed out of the HU plug just enough to cause a problem. Re-inserted the plug and it works great now again.
Cool, it causes a change in resistance. I had seen that problem a few times before..... Glad it's working now!